[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are french so pleb but having so much good bands?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: frenchflag.jpg (10 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
frenchflag.jpg
10 KB, 600x401
why are french so pleb but having so much good bands?
>>
>pleb
Why are you even using that word? And in fact, what does it mean in this context, anyway?

In literature and cinema they have made lots of things that could be considered "high art" so I don't know what the fuck is your point here.
>>
>>52919345
you obviously don't know the right french people
>>
>>52919376
my point is that 90% of the population only listens to shitty french pop rap like Black M or garbage EDM, and most of the rest are born in le wrong generation. Then, all music on the radio, the television, on TV adds, is shit.

I already visited several countries, including USA, England, Sweden, Marrocco, Brazil... And french are the tasteless people, by far. For christ sake, the Swedish radio played some Todd Terje and Massive Attack.
>>
because jesus charlie.
>>
>>52919394
People with the best taste i know are my father, my brother, and my Economy teacher (fucking patrician though).
>>
What nations aren't pleb?
>>
>>52919443
Swedefag reporting in. People here generally have as shitty taste as the majority of people around the world. Nothing's different here
>>
Anyone know any good chanson music ? Preferably with some accordeon.
>>
>>52919481
>Max Martin
Sweden is especially heinous.
>>
>>52919345
France gave us C!NCC!, so they a'ight.
>>
>>52919443
>Implying only french listen to mainstream music
Wake up faggot.
>>
>>52919443
But most of people in ALL countries listen to shit.
>>
>>52919518
maybe Jacques Brel
>>
>>52919443
>Brazil
>not the tasteless

This is just confirmation bias, OP. Stop it.
>>
>>52919345
lmao ur wrong op about everything

the one french dude i know is super patrician

and every fucking country is 90% plebs who listen to radio shit
>>
>>52919518
unless you understand french, don't even try to go there
chanson is monstruously overrated bcause everyone and their moms believe its so deep when infact it'spretty plain and not even well sung in many cases
you're better off trying to get into the folk music of your own country m8
>>
>>52919617
My french is decent but I gotta freshen up sometime. You're probably right doe.

Tbh, I'm looking more for the accordeon because I like the sound/instrumentation a lot.

Also, no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8
>>
>>52919345
DUDE FRANCE MONAMIOUIOUI LMAO
>>
>>52919719
Seriously, chanson is pretty much just overglorified folk music because
>muh parisian artists pushing "boundaries"
If you're into accordion, try to dig into some eastern-european traditional music. There has been buttloads of renditions of it on acordion in the 70s, and some of it is GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4VuRjZxz8Y
>>
>>52919518
>good chanson
>accordeon
pick one
>>
>>52919847
Thanks, I'll look into it.
>>
>>52919858
I think maybe this guy's right, I can think of a lot if Chanson-esque artists but not too much accordion (wasn't the accordion stereotype just appropriated from Italian immigrant music or something anyway?) like:

Allain Barrière
Edith Piaf/ Les compagnons
Eddie Barclay
Marcel Amont
Hugues Aufray
Charles Aznavour
Joséphine Baker
Barbara
Guy Béart
Gilbert Becaud
Georges Brassens
Jacques Brel
Pierre Delanoe
Jacques Douai
Léo Ferré
Serge Gainsbourg

Apologies if they're not all chanson genre, I like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvdXoDjR1Xg
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.