[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bleep production/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1417352623257.jpg (132 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1417352623257.jpg
132 KB, 600x600
Discuss production.
>>
anyone got a hint for the dreamy pads on this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZEN6NyZnY
>>
>>52508333
another example of the same sound. maybe someone has an idea of what synth this could be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VULaTwNdf0E
>>
>>52508333
>>52508396

Just sounds like a low pass filtered saw wave or two being gradually modulated. Nothing fancy. Easily done with whatever really but in those particular tracks I'm thinking a Juno.
>>
File: volca-sample-600x366.jpg (47 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
volca-sample-600x366.jpg
47 KB, 600x366
Just bought one of the Volca Samples such good value for £120 any one else got any of the volcas? Looking to get either the keys or bass next
>>
What do you do if you have a song you've made and you like it but it's a huge mess of a project and you'd maybe like to redo it with the same ideas but changing shit up a little?

It's so fucking overwhelming, but I don't want to waste what I have going on.
>>
>>52510443
Get the Drums, and look up vids of Keys and make up your mind on the quality before you consider getting that one. Personally Keys is my least favourite of the three.
>>
>>52510510
I'm going to be using the sample mostly for drums so I recon beats will be the last one I get.
Might get more than one of the others though
>>
>>52510510

Is it due to the keys being noisy compared to the others? what exactly is the main differences between the keys and bass as I'm a bit new to synths and I'm aware that the bass will produce squeaks swell as bass likewise so will the keys produce bass
>>
>>52510463

get some discipline and lrn2workflow. If you follow a procedure you'll find yourself being a lot more efficient with your time

Also you have to remember that every song you make isn't necessarily "good". Producers routinely will make a shit load of songs but only a handful will be released

If I make a song but get tired of it before its done to me it's almost a dead end. I'll stop working on it, keep it, and either revisit it down the road and see if I can make something out of it, or use some elements of it in another song
>>
>>52510463
Flesh it out. Find some channels that aren't doing that much for your song and just delete them or rework them.

Also just having a basic setup for easy workflow. Try grouping some channels doing the same thing.
>>
beginner here. been using apple logic to find a sound i dig. released a demo and an ep with it. im looking to move up in software. any suggestions?
>>
>>52510582
I've gotten some pretty big bass out of the keys, it's all about what speakers you're running it through really. Same reason why other people don't like the keys, the built in speaker is shit.
>>
>>52510678
I recommend ableton live.
>>
>>52510582
The Keys' filters and LFO just don't produce as much umph for me - the Bass creates some better textures and the Drums can be quite snappy which is great as a means to improvise and jam.

But honestly, with the Volca series we're talking BUDGET-budget stuff here, hence why I don't really use it in proper recordings, more as a means to generate ideas and get a feel of what works.

If you really want a budget synth that's worth more than its asking price and is well worth use in recording, Novation's Bass Stastion II is one of the best investments I've made in a long while - just as great with leads as it is with a whole host of bass sounds and textures.
>>
>>52510838
The return of the bass station II nazi.
>>
>>52510701
I think they of been better putting an extra output on the volcano instead of the speaker, literally no one will use the speaker.

>>52510838
I had a Bass Station when they first came out in the 90's Obvious;y for £90 I'm not expecting much in the way of a studio synth, its just refreshing to have the sample sat on your knee lounging on the sofa sometimes. I think I'll go for the bass next
>>
File: coke2.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
coke2.png
127 KB, 600x600
Been producing for 15 years, ask me anything.
>>
>>52511385
Why are you smug?
>>
>>52511436
Because I've been producing for 15 years.
>>
>>52511385
why are you here

>>52510443
waste of money

>>52508278
>doepfer
>not boring as fuck

>>52510443
keys are useless and the beats and kinda bad bc the snare and clap sound like shit
>>
>>52511443
ive been wanking 15 years whats ur point

show us something good u produced or stfu
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 207x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 207x440
>>52511455
>doepfer
>boring
Only because they're not hard to look at like a MN module. doepfer has a shit ton of cool modules.
>>
File: My-Look7.jpg (270 KB, 3080x2134) Image search: [Google]
My-Look7.jpg
270 KB, 3080x2134
>>52511469
Lol just trying to help you know-not critters out. Most of you don't even know how to mix or master, let alone actually write beats. I'm here trying to save the music industry, but if you don't want it, then fine.
>>
>>52511546
>Thepotcallsthekettleblack.post
>>
File: Make-Noise-DO-Maths-v2-2.jpg (137 KB, 323x408) Image search: [Google]
Make-Noise-DO-Maths-v2-2.jpg
137 KB, 323x408
>>52511522
i kinda like MN designs especially the new wogglebug it looks dankk

i always just think as doepfer modules as utility modules rather than creative ones. i dont really know all of them though

also pic related is the GOAT euro module

>>52511546
ya im good thanks
>>
I just downloaded Ableton Live 9 but am underwhelmed by the limited amount of instruments available. What instruments do you recommend to download?
>>
>>52511624
what do you need? ableton has all sorts of synths
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 839x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 839x542
>>52511591
>PM'd for maths
They have killer stuff for sure, but I think the graphics make them a bit harder to understand.

Doepfer does have a huge range of CV and utility modules, but they also have a bunch of fun stuff like the subhapmic generator, and they're coming out with a quadrature thru zero oscillator
>>
>>52511546

r u famous?

what is the most general and brief advice you can give to people when mixing/mastering?
>>
>>52511680
Yea I know. I like the analog instrument the most. It's just I can never get the sound I'm looking for when playing with the presets though. I guess I should start trying to make my own presets.
>>
>>52511761
yeah even though im pretty decent with modular shit now MN stuff is still confusing as heck most of the time

>quadrature thru zero oscillator
id be lying if i said i knew what that even meant. looking at the module it seems like some sort of complex oscillator? never seen a cosine output before either... weird

do you have your own rack?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.