[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlestation thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: room.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
room.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
Battlestation thread.
>>
come on guys
>>
>>48275861
nice.

i like keyboard as much as the next guy but i feel that in my work that i do alot better with a mouse and some alert pills. If i have a melody or input some trills or stacattos, ill use the keyboard but most of my workstation consists of just a laptop and mouse.
how are those monitors btw? what kind are they?
>>
>>48276499
They're not monitors, they're Audio Engine A5+'s. I listen to music as much as I record it. I usually just demo my stuff on a bunch of speakers instead of doing it all on one pair.

The AN1x is my main keyboard and the other 3 are just cheap casios. I run them all through the MFC42 to make them half legitimate synths.
>>
bump again
>>
>>48276737
>Audio Engine A5+
Awesome, how much did you pay for them? Were they worth it? Do you run them through an amp or anything?
>>
>>48278845
I think they were like $450. No they're powered, but I do run them out of the 2i4.
>>
>>48278884
and yes they were worth it. You can do similar for cheaper though.
>>
come on guys bump
>>
post your fucking synths guys
>>
>>48276370
I can't show my piece of crappie because I'm working.

>>48276737
I also demo my stuff on everything but only when I feel it is finished writing/recording.
I render it after getting a good mix and play it in the car, laptop, ipod, living room speakers.

If I once hear something I don't like, I find what needs specific change, change it and repeat listening period while also listening to other people's work.
>>
File: still messy.jpg (349 KB, 1306x736) Image search: [Google]
still messy.jpg
349 KB, 1306x736
jam station
>>
>>48275861
>framed Crimbus
Based
>>
>>48279255
Nice setup dude looks warm.
>>
>>48279475
Its actually super cold down here for some reason
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I like this one because I don't have to put up with that Joey Mainframe faggot.
>>
>>48280000
>quads
>minimoog
>Joey Mainframe is a faggot
CON FUCKING FIRMED
>>
>>48279849
>for some reason
Probably because you're under ground level and likely near the water table as well.
>>
>>48280000
What's that on the bottom? Looks Akai.
>>
>>48280140
Roland JX-10
12 voice analog polysynth. It's two JX8P boards, so you can do a layer or split. There's also velocity switching and fading. Tons of cool shit that can be done.
>>
>>48275861
Get that speaker out of the corner brah. Nice chrimbus

>>48279255
Nice tape machine, I'm looking into getting one. How much was yours?
>>
>>48275861
so what is all that stuff in the rack? what's it do? one looks like a tube pre, but the others i dunno
>>
>>48275861
>Dee-Vee poster
>Framed Roger Dean art
>All those keyboards
You are the best kind of person. 10/10
>>
>>48280243
>Get that speaker out of the corner brah.

I hate to say no choice, but I also actually like the way it sounds.
>>
>>48275861
Do you get much bass boom having that speaker right in the corner like that, OP?
>>
>>48280278
Not him but whatever

Akai MFC 42 Filter module
ART Pro VLA
Behringer whatever multi FX with some number times 1000
Power conditioner
>>
>>48280278
Akai MFC42 on top, analog filter.
ART PRO VLA in the middle, compressor.
Behringer V-Verb on bottom, multi fx unit that's notorious for ripping off all of lexicon's algorithms.
and then a furman on bottom.

Below that is a Roland VS-880 when I feel like recording out of the box.
>>
>>48280335
I mean I guess but I honestly don't hear it. They don't sound bad.

I've actually had them in another room before and they sounded terrible.

My walls are insulated like shit too, so that might contribute to something.
>>
>>48280363
okay cool, what is the furman for? the guy above said "power conditioner" what do you use that for?
>>
>>48275861
Only thing I like is your sampler.
>>
>>48280410
It's literally just a fancy power strip. It regulates the power to everything in the rack, and actually everything on my desk. It eliminated a ground loop problem on my speakers too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JJB2GM/
>>
>>48280402
OK fair enough. I've got the P4s running through an old hitachi hifi amp and mine boomed like crazy when I had them set up in a corner.
>>
>>48280305
Just know that it's mostly likely fucking with your stereo soundstage and making it unbalanced, since it doesn't look like the other speaker is in the corner. It's very important to keep things symmetrical. Not just the speakers, but everything around them.

>>48280402
>My walls are insulated like shit too, so that might contribute to something.
You mean like they're insulated badly? That just has to do with keeping sound from getting in or out of the room.
>>
>>48280474
woah this is great! thanks!
>>
>>48280000
god that moog... i would cum all over that thing if it was legal
>>
>>48280528
I'm sure it is but whatever, they sound fine.
>You mean like they're insulated badly?
I think all of the insulation has fallen down through the years and the walls are practically hollow. So they should be boomier, but I really don't notice it.

Other than moving the speakers forward a bit I don't have another place to put them.
>>
>>48280290
I also have one of these next to the right speaker.
>>
>>48280657
w2c?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.