[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
going to draw a oc for myself since am new in this pony worshipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
going to draw a oc for myself since am new in this pony worshipping cult. any tips for making a character?
>>
>>27801763
Don't fuck up
>>
>>27801763
don't nigger it up you nigger
>>
>>27801763
>>27801771
>Don't
ftfy
>>
>>27801763
Ship it with Nyx
>>
>>27801792
fuck off
>>
>>27801763
Make sure that your OC is a mare, /mlp/ won't support it if otherwise.
>>
>>27801763
Why don't you make a background for the character that's completely original, not made to self insert, and make the character likable and unique in a way different from most, then draw it?
>>
>>27801795
okay go to equestria daily :)
>>
>>27801763

Always make yourself an alicorn.
>>
i was thinking about a unicorn that fixes shit. with a wrench qt mark on his ass
>>
>>27801763
Make it edgy. People like that shit around here so much they basically suck it up.
>>
>>27801763
basic rules:
- no alicorn
- not related (child, uncle, whatever) with any show pone, unless its a minor bg pone
- don´t use the pony generator
- don´t use the pony generator
- avoid black/red hair and a dark theme unless you make something really outstanding out of it. It´s overused
- avoid cute marks like a gamepad, keyboard&mouse, drawing stuff

stick to K.I.S.S (keep it simple and stupid), in other words: keep the design simple. If he/she has accessoires, better give him/her less, but make them stand out more. Look for colors similar to the show ponies, not f.e. a 255 0 0 pure, eyeburning RED. Also look at other ocs you or other people enjoy a lot and find out why they like that specific oc

Don´t make the character godlike, maybe even give the character flaws, that makes them likeable

a small background story can sometimes help aswell

post when you´re done
>>
>>27803067
/Thread
>>
>>27802401
There are literally thousands of those. It's one of the most popular OCs. Try harder.
>>
don't start with the pony it will not fit well anywhere if you do that
make a setting for the pony first and let the pony tell you who s/he is
need inspiration for a setting go for a walk, observe, don't think 'where does pony live' but 'how does pony exist' , maybe pony is feral and stays in the shadows of society
have an unkempt appearance with disheveled mane and tail
muted colors from filth and grime covering the fur the cutiemark barely visable
expressive eyes full of a type of wisdom more domesticated ponies will never have
>>
File: 827336.jpg (101 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
827336.jpg
101 KB, 554x439
>>27801763
See >>27803067
I'd like to add a few things, though.

While there can be some exceptions, essentially everything about a pony is linked in one way or another, even if it's more subtle. Including where they live and all that.
Cutie marks are or were more or less a metaphor for the more important characteristics of a pony, so don't just make it their profession like you would with a background pony. As an example, Penk's cutie mark is not three balloons just because she likes balloons or anything, it's because she's intended to be the life of the party, and someone who can always cheer you up.
I'd recommend not using Pony Generator, but it can be a decent enough tool to get an idea of what you want your OC to look like, and use that as sort of a base.
While an idea might be generic (e.g art-related poner), it can still be executed well, although it might be more trouble than it's worth in this case.
>>
>>27804223
To add on to this add-on. Watch the show, possibly with the sound off and look at how the colors are done. Also to add onto the color thing, avoid gray.
>>
>>27801771
this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.