[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mlp/ think about Neal Dusedau? The writer of hit episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: treape.png (26 KB, 547x243) Image search: [Google]
treape.png
26 KB, 547x243
What does /mlp/ think about Neal Dusedau?
The writer of hit episodes such as Princess Spike, What About Discord? & Applejack's "Day" Off
>>
>>27768130
That he should stop writing for pony. Pretty much every cool premise that you can think of will be aboslutley trashed if the episode is written by him. He manged to fuck up Discord, which is almost impossible as he is the easiest to write.
>>
>>27768130
That guy has a punchable face and some of his tweets like that one reminds me of that SJW faggot Mclntosh
>>
>>27768130
Literally shit tier writer. What About Discord was the first episode I couldn't sit through without questioning what the fuck I was doing with my life. Applejack's "Day" Off was the second. I try my hardest to be unbiased about the writers by not reading who wrote it before watching an episode, and honestly it's disappointing that two of his episodes are the only ones that made me die a little without even knowing who it was.
>>
File: 1463334071487.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
1463334071487.png
20 KB, 596x892
>>27768130
Princess Spike and What about Discord had some redeeming qualities, but Applejack's "Day" Off was just boring.

I just wondered how anons think he fucked up Discord. Was it the lack of fourth wall gags? Was it because anons think he wrote Discord's personality differently from the rest? I'm going to channel my inner Patrick and say I don't get it.
>>
>>27768328
I personally don't care about Discord's characterisation in that episode, the episode itself was just drawn out and boring. Nothing happened for 20 minutes, and the payoff was nonexistant. Shit theme, shit writing, shit pacing, shit jokes and shit morals. Honestly the worst episode in my opinion.
>>
>>27768130
I don't know why people hate him so much. Sure, his episodes aren't great, but they are nowhere near as bad as Dave Rapp's.
>>
>>27768328
I disagree. Princess Spike and the Discord episode were awkward and a chore to watch. They weren't an enjoyable experience for me. Nothing makes me want to go back to either.

Applejack's "Day" Off wasn't irredeemable. Nobody was out-of-character, unless you're one of those people who thinks AJ's supposed to be perfect and intelligent, and it was cute and silly slice of life, which I welcome as a change from all this big game-changing development going on.

This habit of totally dismissing all CMC and AJ episodes and discussion of them with a simple "it's boring" is beyond retarded. If you care so little about the characters that that's all you have to say about the episode, don't bother trying to contribute to discussion of it.
>>
>>27768420
I love AJ being a silly pony, but AJ's Day Off was honestly pushing it for me. There were things I enjoyed about the episode, but her characterisation was a bit overly retarded for my tastes.
>>
The staff have hinted supposedly that they aren't huge fans of his writing. He was only brought on because of a package deal with Nick Confalone.

>>27768420
From what I've heard Dusedau fucked up the episode and the Fox brothers had to salvage it. I agree that of the three Dusedau episodes it was the least worst though.
>>
>>27768344
this
>>
>>27768436
>He was only brought on because of a package deal with Nick Confalone.

Possibly because they worked on the same previous shows before they worked for Hasbro. I don't know why Nick wrote too few episodes in the shows he worked with compared to Neal, and he's a lot better...
>>
>>27768130
The Discord one was good but all of his other episodes were pretty bad. No real lesson in them.
>>
>>27768130
>Princess Spike
Pretty bad
>What About Discord?
This one was very nice
>Applejack's "Day" Off
Went overboard on AJ's stupid but I enjoyed it very much aside from that
>>
File: endgame.png (605 KB, 603x497) Image search: [Google]
endgame.png
605 KB, 603x497
>>27768571
>The Discord one was good
>enjoying the taste of shit
>fan of the fandom
>>
>>27768420
>>27768431
this pretty much for me
i understand if the spa girls were too busy trying to calm all the clients while waiting for the steam gauge to work that no one saw it was broken, but when i saw how AJ overwork herslef from silly the details so the pigs could eat to simply retard open vault for vault instead of open all the vaults was annoying and unnecesary
>>
>>27768420
AJ's not smart, but she's smarter than a kid. Even a four year old can figure out how to run a farm better than Neil implied.

>It was cute and silly slice of life.
So the retard pool has gone small enough that I can even tell anons apart. Stop it with the "cute" and "silly" bit. Those are fluff words that don't elaborate on what elements you liked about the show and makes you look like you need to be 18 mentally to be here, friend.

>>27768344
And "shit" opinions. I just can't take someone seriously who just uses one word as a catchall.

>>27768571
See, at least it was one elaborate prank on Twilight, which turned on him at the end. It works on the audience too because fuck if they know what's going on.

At least it wasn't his most recent episode, because I think he wrote that literally for four year olds.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.