[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Applejack episodes suck so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 595612.gif (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
595612.gif
3 MB, 854x480
Why does Applejack episodes suck so much?
>>
Because season 6 writers need to be fucking allahu akbar'd
>>
Because it's not just 20 minutes of her fucking.
>>
>>27623432
because you have absolute shit taste, faggot
>>
>>27623432
Because writers suck so much.
>>
Time to fap. Again.
>>
Because Earth Ponies give the best blowjobs, OP
>>
because they wrote her as a practical, hard working character with patience and understanding. they tend to have to make her act out of character for there to be conflict that doesnt have to do with the well being of their farm.
>>
>>27623432
They don't.
>>
>>27623432
Because bronies think every character needs a deep, complicated life to be good, and will shit on episodes with good writing and characterization over "muh family" and "boring".

That's why we get terrible episodes like The Mane Event and Applejack's Day Off. Because people are too stupid to understand that some characters fit better in different roles than others. Applejack should stick to family stuff.
>>
>>27624110
>this
Exactly!
Applejack is about family.
>>
AppleJack is distinctly a supporting character by design and her competence, responsibility and lack of significant character flaws prohibit her from being dynamic or having an arc like Rarity or Rainbow Dash.
>>
File: 1447323115083.png (369 KB, 1065x720) Image search: [Google]
1447323115083.png
369 KB, 1065x720
>>27624110
>Applejack should stick to family stuff.
But The Last Roundup disagrees with you anon. It wasn't about muh family. It was about Applejack coping with her fear of breaking her community and friend's expectations.

Applejack's scope can be about the community rather than just on a family level.

Applejack's Day Off and The Mane "Event" (actually The Mane Attraction) failed because nothing really happened in those episodes. It was the writers fucking up with fucked up pacing by either giving the characters nothing to do(ADO), or to instantly resolve the issue and head straight off to the next thing(TMA).

>>27624153
But she does have flaws. She's stubborn, proud, loses sight of the big picture, has zero artistic talent or creativity beyond cooking and music, and can be overly protective of Applebloom. It comes from being a dedicated member of a small community who pulled more than her own weight from a young age and had little time for anything else.

Applejack is my least favorite of the mane6, but at least I give credit where it is due.

>>27623432
So, why do Applejack episodes suck so much while Rarity tends to get the best ones?

I could say it is due to how the writers can relate. Most of the people who write for MLP would come from a suburb or a city. They have no idea what a small village is like, or what conflicts can spring up from it. They have little intuitive experience to call upon what a character like Applejack would have to deal with. And if you don't have much experience writing to effectively walk in the shoes of an unfamiliar archetype, you won't be able to make a good episode.

Writing Applejack well is even harder because her apparent simplicity is an illusion. Applejack has a lot going for her as a character, but it's an archetype that's rarely used and even more rarely done well as a main protagonist.
>>
>>27623445
silly anon :) season is not over yet
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.