[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think the reason is that Hasbro really stepped up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: large.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
large.png
1 MB, 1280x720
What do you think the reason is that Hasbro really stepped up with their toys in the recent months? What with GoH coming up and the minis, it's kind of impressive. Why do you think they did these, I don't want to think they're only trying to get brony money.
>>
>>27601246
Just simple business, improve a product and people will be more likely to buy it. Investing in your biggest selling point is just a good idea.
>>
>>27601246
Trying to put it back in the public's eye as a big thing before the 2017 movie.
>>
I'm not into toys so i don't care but still bothers me that it took them like 5 years or more to come up with this. I mean, you have people wearing suits whos only job is to think how to milk money from the audience of their shows and they are this slow?
>>
>>27601246
They've timed this for the Christmas season.
If they're showing this stuff to retailers now Hasbro's hoping to get holiday season orders so they know how much to order from their child slave labor factories in China, India and Malaysia.

If Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us wants a quarter-million units they'll probably have to order them this month to have delivery by October.
>>
>>27601246
the failure of the EQG toyline around Friendship games showed to them that Shit toys aren't really going to cut it: You make shit quality toys and you can get people for a small amount of time on the newness factor, but after that they don't want to buy anymore toys because they're shit quality, yeah?

But they decide to actually make QUALITY toys, and suddenly all the fans are buying up loads of EQG mini toys.

this is simple economics; people want quality products.
>>
>>27601282
This.

Also helps to cheap out as long as possible before improving the quality for the killer blow
>>
>>27601246
The thing is they neglected this license for a long time.
As long as the sales are great, they didn't care.
But they surely seen a little drop here and there and upped their game.

And the other reason is that girls also want good articulated action figures to play with.
So the toys are going more and more in that direction regardless of genders.

And yes there is the boys, bronies, etc...

In a way, it's just readjusting MLP to the quality Hasbro is able to provide for its others licenses. (GI Joe and Transformers)
>>
>>27601527
>And yes there is the boys, bronies, etc...
I still have a hard time seeing the Prom dress mane six as being aimed at the kids though.

Like, I can see the other equestria girls minis being more gender neutral, but... these are prom dresses. That's hard to dress up as any way but aimed at girls.
>>
>>27601246
Is that Rainbow Dash with wings? Will her new mini toy have them?
>>
File: Evil Galactic Empire.jpg (101 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
Evil Galactic Empire.jpg
101 KB, 620x413
>>27601540
>I still have a hard time seeing the Prom dress mane six as being aimed at the kids though.
Remember how much money Disney made on that 'High School Musical' shit? Think actual High School kids were watching that...buying toys, bed-sheets, bubblebum-pop albums? It was all pre-teens and little kids begging their parents for that garbage (which they all threw away the instant 'Frozen' came out and they wanted all new garbage).

That's the exact market Hasbro wants to tap into.
>>
>>27601547

that's actually weird as hell now that you mention it; fluttershy and Twilight don't have wings
>>
>>27601540
Guardians of Harmony is the gender neutral stuff. The minis are just EqG toys that are not shit for once.
>>
>>27601246
>flash sentry
This ruins the toyline
>>
>>27601915
He comes out before Sunset, too.
>>
>>27601919
Now that is pretty stupid.
And I don't even like Equestria Girls that much...
>>
>>27601919
XD
This is hilarious and sad at the same time. I gotta wonder, does sunset REALLY sell that badly that hasbro is taking this long to come out with a mini for her?
>>
>>27601934
>>27601933
Twilight and the other characters sell more. Hell in the release wave she is in, a case of six figures gets only one of her. Only one Rarity, too. Two Twilight and two Pinkie. RD, AJ, and Dash were earlier I think. All I know is that there isn't much demand.
>>
>>27601951
That's a shame 'cause even if I think of her as an hollow she'll in the first movie.
She became kind of the only likable protagonist exclusive to the franchise.
>>
>>27601986
Never was popular with the target audience I guess.
>>
File: 1422950648444.gif (719 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1422950648444.gif
719 KB, 500x384
>>27601246
it takes a long time to plan out, design, finalize, and finally create a new product. sometimes years as we cans see here. No doubt hasbro had every intention of relaunching mlp as a girls toy line hence why all the toys are considered awful by us adult fans but little kids hardly give a shit they're just happy they got a new toy.
Once the brony craze picked up speed though im pretty sure they started planning new toys way before even eqg entered production.
The problem was that now they had to deal with autismos criticizing their products both irl and on the internet so they needed to make sure these things didn't just sell well but also pleased the new customer base to the point that they would get great ratings and therefore a higher selling point.

So what we're seeing now is just the years and years of effort put into a new toy line to satisfy you faggots and yes get the money from out your wallets.
>>27601306
also has a pretty good point, create hype for an almost assured crap movie with well made toys.
>>
Those toys are only wellmade if you're an actual fucking mongoloid. EQG Minis fall apart like the joints are cast with soap and the only reason brainless bronies think they're good is because they have anime-ish art style, which is what those mouthbreathers prefer ot masturbate to. Anyone with basic action figure knowledge can see how fucking awful they're messing up those GoHs. Awful sculpts, Pinkie looks like a brain damaged giraffe.

They're experimentating with the brand because they've made enough money that they won't take a hit if GOH bombs, but they're by no means making extra effort, it's the same they've always done which is only basic.
>>
Still no Trixie, Starlight, or Sunset. 0/10.
>>
>>27603961
You can't blame them for starting with more prominent characters.
I do hope at least Trixie will have a beautiful figure in the vein of the Celestia or Discord ones.
>>
>>27602558
You seem mad over nothing. The toys are fine. You're acting like a transformers fag who hates Hssbro because they don't make Masterpiece quality figures at Deluxe sizes.
>>
>>27604001
Trixie will probably be in the rainbow rocks line when they get to it (Which should be next).

I'd expect Trixie, sonata dusk, aria blaze, adagio dazzle and maud pie coming up.
They'll, of course, also have rainbooms versions of the mane six in the next line as well.

I'm kind of hoping we get a sunset satan toy for collectability as well.
>>
>>27604127
Rainbow Rocks is next, and Adagio was listen as a mini on Amazon recently so she's going to show up. I'm not entirely sure about the rest, though.
>>
>>27604001
A Guardians of Harmony Trixie? Would be nice.
>>
>>27604336
alicorn amulet trixie probably.
>>
>>27602558
oh come off it, they're only flimsy if you're slamming them against other things or playing with them like a 4 year old.
Are there going to be 4 year olds breaking these things? Yeah, sure. But adult fans are generally happy to just pose them and put them on shelves, which is one of their primary goals with these things.

They're perfectly fine for most adult collectors.
>>
>>27601246
Is it possible to switch out the shoes and hands?
>>
>>27604001
>>27604127
Starting with more prominent characters is ok, but look at EGM series. Twilight is at fucking fifth mini now, while Trixie and Sunset are yet to get even first one, and the planned Sunset one is the ugly face mark model. Trixie/Sunset was in EG1, why we need to wait till EH2 line for them?

As for Guardians of Harmony, both Trixie and Starlight did major roles in 6th season. I get we will get Main 6 first, but they are the only damned pony antagonists still alive, you'd think GoH could use some antagonists vs Home Team, but nooo, it's almost all meme rehashes till now (though I really like battling princesses).
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.