[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scientific Discussion of MLP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1419036250707.png (369 KB, 1842x1500) Image search: [Google]
1419036250707.png
369 KB, 1842x1500
Are the innate magical energies of the MLP world reminiscent of electromagnetism? Are these directed energies possible because the MLP world is set in between the second and third dimensions of spacetime?

If the theory of the Multiverse holds true, that means that there are an infinite number of universes, and such an incomprehensible number of universes MUST fit an Equestria universe, which also includes an infinite number of variations, and an infinite number of variations of those variations, and so on. If that is true, does that mean that our headcanons actually hold merit?

ITT: Scientific discussion of MLP. Let your wildest autism out, lads.
>>
>>27456428
>in between the second and third dimensions
u wot m9

the real question isn't any of the above, OP, it's how do we actually get there without a gunshot to the head that counts
>>
>>27456428
I don't really know about all that. I do know that I want to cum in twiggles.[/spoiler
>>
>>27456971
Think about it, the show portrays a second-dimensional appearance with third-dimensional physics.

And, I believe that if we channel our collective autism into a tritium-nitroglycerin composite, then we may tear the universal boundary into the promised land.

>>27456995
Dis nigga knows.
>>
>>27456428
In short, yes.
>>
>>27457024
>a second-dimensional appearance
you've clearly never seen the dhx rigs with all the pone angles

nevertheless it is an interesting question, why are dimensional implementations limited to integers? what would a half dimension look like (or a fractional or negative dimension) and how would a single directional dimension work

inside a black hole's event horizon spacetime basically warps into one single direction dimension
>>
>>27457092
Well, I suppose it's pseudo-second-dimensional then.

After watching MLP for some time, I began to wonder if each dimension of reality integrated into one another, sort of like a meshed hierarchy. With this, I then wondered if universes (i.e. MLP) could exist as part of these integrations of two or more dimensions. A venn diagram-like shape comes to mind.
>>
>>27456428
magic isn't electromagnetic, but it's affected by electromagnetism in special ways*. it definitely involves some kind of subatomic particles, possibly the spin thereof.
*disrupted by iron, following lines of force related to the earth's magnetic field, or lines flowing through a body related to a living thing's magnetic field, etc
>>
My theory is that they have some how tapped into Neutrinos.

It is an energy particle that is interchangeable to solid matter but detectable.

This particle is generated within the core of stars and once released they fly off into space forever.

They are everywhere, and estimated that 100,000 of them pass through your body every second, completely harmlessly.

That is a lot of untapped energy floating around in space.
>>
>>27459133
*Intangible

As in it does not interact with solid, liquid, or gaseous matter.
>>
>>27459133
So if you have a free abundant energy literally everywhere, whose to say a world couldn't evolve to tap into it?

And it wouldn't be an energy that is used up or burned like fuel, but an energy that is collected, used and then re-disperses back into its inert form.
>>
File: magictheory.png (77 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
magictheory.png
77 KB, 640x400
>>
File: magictheory2.png (33 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
magictheory2.png
33 KB, 640x400
>>
File: magictheory3.png (47 KB, 549x400) Image search: [Google]
magictheory3.png
47 KB, 549x400
>>
Actually, it's my headcanon that magic is a more fundamental force than the ones we know. It's a step beyond, and can even shape and rewrite time.

Think back to the S5 finale. Let's say the events did not happen across the multiverse. Let's say magic allows time to be rewritten like an as yet unsaved paragraph on a Word document.
>>
File: DocChalkboard.png (161 KB, 612x320) Image search: [Google]
DocChalkboard.png
161 KB, 612x320
>>27459240
Its more like branching time lines.
>>
>>27456428
Personally, I think magic is something more like quantum energy.
>>
>>27456428
I at times suspect that magic is no kind of consistent force in nature at all, but that its rules are instead thematic, causing it to react differently based on how well it would serve a potential narrative or message. I'm unsure whether this, if true, would make magic itself sentient.
>>
>>27459863
A collective consciousness that binds all living things in their world?
>>
>>27456428
Calling multiverse "a theory" makes me fucking sick, it's not a theory, it's an interpretation. And electromagnetism is not energy. Honestly, just fuck this thread.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.