[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So having now watched the first three episodes of this, I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
So having now watched the first three episodes of this, I have to ask, is it worth it to continue? The only jokes I found even worthy of a grin were when Twilight dumped 72 chapters of rarijack fanfic on Celestia, and the joke about there being enough Dragon blood for them to slide down the mountain in it. Everything else has fallen completely flat for me. The songs and the production values are pretty good, but the actual stories and jokes are pretty shit. Will it get better, or will I just be wasting even more of my time by continuing?
>>
>>27410323
It basically gets worse over time.
>>
ITT we'll dump shit on a piece of the fandom. Then we'll move to the nostalgia thread discussing why the fandom no longer produces anything. We won't ever see the irony.
>>
>>27410323
oh let me guess, you prefer muh supur intelligent comedy from MA series, don't you?
>>
File: Harvesting feels.png (51 KB, 876x773) Image search: [Google]
Harvesting feels.png
51 KB, 876x773
>>27410323
It's pretty much the same abridged parody as any other. It was a product of its time, and some of the jokes don't hit as hard as when they were released. If you're expecting timeless laughs, prepared to be disappointed. If you're somewhat new to the fandom, then FiW would bring a couple more chuckles.

It does get worse. I remembr being bored with the Snowdrop/Babs episode. EG1 was alright.
>>
>>27410323
The first couple ones I and most people around here consider the best, with the quality slowly degrading over time. So no, if the first three didn't convince you, you probably don't need to bother. Try out some other abridged series and see if they will be more to your liking. There's MAS of course, which as you can see people insecure about their opinions will immediately throw shit at and insult you for liking, Ultra Fast Pony from wacarb, or Scootertrix the Abridged.
>>
>>27410435
oh here you are. irony much?
>>
File: twikitty.gif (1 MB, 433x454) Image search: [Google]
twikitty.gif
1 MB, 433x454
>>27410442
I don't know what you're talking about, could you elaborate please?
>>
>>27410449
It's impressive how far passive aggressiveness can get you in life.
>>
>>27410449
oh sorry, I forgot to post an smug or otherwise mocking reaction image. So here it is.
>>
>>27410442
>>27410449
>>27410452
>>27410455
>I have a problem with what you said!
>Instead of having an actual discussion, of which this board lacks, lets be prissy little shits and confuse the issue!
>Afterwords we can both pretend we 'won' the arguement!
>>
File: twilight contemplating.png (875 KB, 7515x8084) Image search: [Google]
twilight contemplating.png
875 KB, 7515x8084
>>27410452
I'm sorry anon, I think you're mistaking me for someone else. But it's sad that you cannot take my post at face value and instead make up some boogeyman that shits on your opinions or whatever.
Quite frankly I don't even know what in my post made you so riled up. Are you lashing out at me because I called you out on being insecure about your opinions, thus mocking people who don't agree with them?

All that aside, seems like you already had a FiW vs MAS argument that hurt your feelings, but I'm afraid I wasn't on the other said. Psych, that's the wrong anon.

Nonetheless thanks for explaining the situation instead of going for more mockery and dismissal, really appreciated that you cleared it out.
>>
>>27410484
*on the other side, derp.

>>27410479
it's hard for me to discuss something when it's assumed I'm someone else and there's really no opinion presented against me.
>>
>>27410484
>I'm sorry anon, I think you're mistaking me for someone else
Feigning ignorance much?
> But it's sad that you cannot take my post at face value and instead make up some boogeyman that shits on your opinions or whatever.
moral superiority memes, nice
>Quite frankly I don't even know what in my post made you so riled up
Who's making a boogeyman now, I'm merely describing what I see before my very own eyes.
>Nonetheless thanks for explaining the situation instead of going for more mockery and dismissal, really appreciated that you cleared it out.
You can use more words and try extremely hard to sound smart and superior all you want, doesn't make what you are doing any different.

see were I'm going with this?
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (42 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
42 KB, 500x384
>>27410492
I am making an argument, I think it's safe for me to assume that someone who can get all the "intellectual" humour of MAS can actually see it.
>>
>>27410323

The wedding episode is the best one.
>>
>>27410520
Congratulations anon, you win. I was the big bad guy all along! I devote at least six hours a day to identifying your posts just to try and ruin your day, and the rest I spend thinking how you're probably fuming at the mouth from my ingenious postings. But now you've finally caught me, and I'm defeated.
>>
File: couragepc.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
couragepc.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>27410555
>blatant shitposting
wow, and here I though we were about to get somewhere.
>>
>>27410323
Watch it if you like it, don't if you don't.
It's not that fucking hard.
>>
File: WITCHOUSE.jpg (263 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
WITCHOUSE.jpg
263 KB, 1000x1000
https://youtu.be/GiA_FXVsmqM

WiT₵H₵RAF⏄, you say...
>>
>>27410323
Nightmare Night Episode is great for me.
>>
>>27410323
>your post
I'm pretty sure that you're a kid, watch it, if like, stop if not, grow up, nobody give a shit, you insecure kid
>>
I just love the songs. Some of the only decent fan songs.
>>
>>27410345
Well I do enjoy MAS, and I would argue the jokes are smarter. Not in subject matter, but in the way they're told. MAS comedic style is, to me, reminiscent of Tom Lehrer, whose work I love. (See https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro for an example of his work) FIW seems to hit on similar topics in terms of joke material, but there's something about the way they're worded and delivered that I just find incredibly unfunny.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.