[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this is the first episode I actually hated. I mean, this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: fuckthisbullshit.jpg (282 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisbullshit.jpg
282 KB, 1600x900
I think this is the first episode I actually hated. I mean, this show has had bad episodes before, but those I just didn't care for. This is the one that actually got me to rage.

>Princess celestia was totally out of character this whole episode. She was such a bitch. The only thing that would justify this is if we found out she was taken over by Queen Chrysalis or a pod pony or some shit at the end of the season
>Mrs Cake was out of character as well. Instead of complementing Starlight on the beutiful cake, she freaks out and acts paranoid, instead of kindly complementing her or offering an employment opportunity or something
>Lets talk about that fucking cake. It's the bullshit 'starlight is awesome' pandering that feels forced in this, like the writers are trying to get us to like her too much. "oh she is amazing at everything, but has such a tortured past boohoo" her fucking boyfriend left her and made her crazy. I was expecting starlight to whip up a beutiful dress as rarity's head was turned, thank god the writer has 'some' restraint i guess.

cont.
>>
>>27244298
>Big Mac has always been articulate when he wanted to be. It wasnt some dumb disability that makes him say 'ayup' to everything. He's just a stallion of few words. We've seen him talk several time, talk coherent sentences, and lecture others. It's almost as if the writer hadn't seen the show outside of season 6
>Twilights reaction to trixie didnt bother me, in fact trixie made the episode watchable, and im not even a trixie fag
>Its the fucking starlight bullshit. I was ok with her being an extra, or an apprentice or whatever, but now I am really worried shes going to become an element of harmony by the season's end. Like the element of "that friend everyone likes but no one knows why".
>And how the fuck hasnt starlight ever heard of the wonderbolts? The wonderbolts have been a thing for generations. This would be BEFORE starlight went batshit crazy. They fucking play up the wonderbolts up like its the Superbowl

This must be what a true brony feels like. I don't like it.
>>
>>27244298
I loved it.
>>
>>27244298
>>27244303
tlddr lol
>>
>>27244298
Tbh, I think Cranky was the best. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him in the coming episodes/seasons. >inb4 no more seasons
>>
>>27244298
>>27244303
same
this episode was just bad

>>27244323
>>27244350
fucking hasdronies
>>
>>27244364
I get that. Cranky was totally on character.

>>27244371
I feel ya bro.
>>
>>27244371
>taking the bait
>using "hasdrone" as a buzz word.

>>27244298
>>27244303
Although I feel you're being a bit overly harsh, I'm not saying your feelings to this episode aren't justified. It all felt really out of place, even though it was nice to see Trixie again. Maybe they'll do better next time..?
>>
>>27244298
Oh wow WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN since Faust quit the show in S1 and season 2 premiered?

Personally I find them ALL equally bad. In Return of Harmony and Lesson Zero Celestia acts uncharacteristically angry and dramatic as opposed to her light-hearted personality from season 1. I don't think Celestia has ever spoken like the calm wise mentor since Best Night Ever.
>>
>>27244470
but lesson zero is the best episode of the series
>>
>>27244298

I rated it 8/10
Sad you didnt enjoyed it as much as I did, I would discuss but its may 1st and gotta go
>>
File: zTJ8aJT.jpg (86 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
zTJ8aJT.jpg
86 KB, 500x628
>>27244298
>>27244303
>>27244371
I give a 8/10
>inb4 hasdrone
>>
>>27244545

Ok gonna give you a shot because I hate people that day brony in this board

>Princess celestia was totally out of character this whole episode.
Twilight has been a princess for 3 season, she clearly expected better from her student
>Mrs Cake was out of character as well.
I mean, does Mrs Cake even have a character?
>Lets talk about that fucking cake. It's the bullshit 'starlight is awesome'
She just did 2 tricks in the whole, how the fuck can I cake trigger someone so much
>Big Mac talks
>implying
Go watch Pinkie Apple Pie again
>Trixie
Agreed, trixie made the ep even better
>Starlight is OP
Dont talk bullshit
>wonderbolts
Only pegasus and royalty know them, because they only go to the gala or come to shows
>>
>>27244298
Wut
>>
>>27244710
>Go watch Pinkie Apple Pie again
You mean where big mac proceeds to argue with the rest of his family, showing he has an ability to speak?

You try watching the one where apple bloom has nightmares about her cutie mark. Or the one where he dresses as a mare to participate with apple bloom in the sisterhooves social.
>>
>>27244298
My most hated is still the Yak's Episode for being so blatantly garbage. So boring, dumb, hateable and obnoxious. Who the fuck okayed that script?

My second most hated is Amending Fences for turning Moondancer into yet another autistic moaning bitch character and Twilight acting submissive.
Plus I really hate the way /mlp/ keeps promoting it for no reason.
>>
>>27244935
Starlight forced him to speak AGAINST HIS WILL.

Of course he can speak when he wants to, but that's the whole point. He does it when HE wants to. Her spell clearly made him do it nonstop, without being under his control. Yes, Big Mac is prone to occasional bouts of talking, but for the MOST part he's a stallion of few words. Starlight's spell caused the frequency in which his longer sentences happen increase dramatically.
>>
>>27244987
>My second most hated is Amending Fences for turning Moondancer into yet another autistic moaning bitch character
As opposed to what she was before, which was...uh. Literally fucking nothing? And can you name a single character like Moondancer in the entire series?

>and Twilight acting submissive.
What's submissive about her stalking her into a library, invading her personal space and even inserting herself into the fucking book she was reading? And also, when did "not being a dick" become "submissive?

>Plus I really hate the way /mlp/ keeps promoting it for no reason.
People have listed many reasons. Is it so hard for you to accept that some people like episodes you didn't?
>>
>>27244710
>>27245029
Are you done commenting? This isn't what real discussion is like, you know?
>>
File: 1458450086061.gif (2 MB, 448x432) Image search: [Google]
1458450086061.gif
2 MB, 448x432
>>27245060
>people disagree with your points
>th-that's not real discussion! Blindly hate the episodes like I do!
>>
>>27245087
Then enjoy your redundant replies.
>>
>>27244994
You don't get it. Listen to what he said. It implies he's never compiled a coherent sentence in his entire life.

What would have made sense was "why am I talking and saying these things? why wont i shut up?"

instead we got "i can actually talk and say things now! I can put words together and make coherent sentences!"
>>
>>27245147
He didn't state either of those things. He just began to say stuff really eloquently, way more wordy than he's done in the past. It was clear the spell not only made him talk, but made him speak in unnaturally wordy sentences using shit like alliteration, which he HASN'T done before. He even literally states he's talking articulately with "such precise enunciation", another thing we haven't seen.

In all previous cases of him talking, he's still sounded like Big Mac, even when going off on the CMC in Ponyville Confidential. But here his voice completely changes in an unnatural manner. They shouldn't have to spell this shit out for you to get it (And even then they still sort of did by having him say what he was doing)

The point is, his voice completely changed as the spell progressed and he began talking in a way unseen previously, which makes your complaint not only a really petty nitpick, but ungrounded as well.
>>
>>27245209
You know it's okay to admit you have autism on a my little pony board of all places. >>27245124
Take this guy's advice and stop thinking you're capable of logical consistent thinking.
>>
>>27245209
Except you're wrong. In brotherhooves social he talks like a proper southern lady. It's pretty clear the writer didnt care about any previous stuff, only to deliver a 'joke' of "hey, what if big mac actually said something other than 'yup' or 'nope' for once?". The episode was drivel

But trixie (aside from suffering from suicidal depression) and crankie were good.
>>
>>27245312
>>27245312
As someone completely detached from this arguement (still havnt seen the episode yet), wow, what a way to admit defeat. Not a single rebuttal of anything he said, and in its place a pair of ad hominems.
>>
>>27245357
So you're just as autistic as him and the rest of the fanbase.
>>
File: where do you think we are.png (237 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.png
237 KB, 600x390
>>27245374
Not that guy, but yes actually. I mean look at where we are.
>>
>>27244298
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.