[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great villain. Horrible supporting character.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11
File: derpi_867387.png (219 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
derpi_867387.png
219 KB, 500x494
Great villain.

Horrible supporting character.
>>
How do we even know, we've only seen her in two episodes (pretty much one since two parter) episodes so far

I still can't nelieve how awful her mane is now though...I don't mind changes when they're subtle or for the better (ex Sunsets hair being toned down in brightness) but everytime I see Starlights new mane I feel like its some kind of gag like future Twi or spa Twi or something
>>
File: Picture.png (566 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Picture.png
566 KB, 1366x768
Her backstory was an incredible letdown.
For all the buildup it was just "I had a friend, and then he moved away."

Fun fact: there are 9 stallions and 11 mares in Glimmer's town.
>>
>>27225838
more like great villian with poorly done reformation(still better than rainbow beam shit) and weak background story which is Haber's fault and like the other anon said we've only seen two episodes of her so far aka season 6 premiere and she made great dynamic with Spike in those episodes we have to wait and see
>>
>>27225838
she's great
>>
Aside from just being Sunset 2.0 I kinda like her
>>
File: 1414432180613.jpg (18 KB, 317x313) Image search: [Google]
1414432180613.jpg
18 KB, 317x313
>>27226190
>>
>>27226190
thankfully sunset isn't canon
>>
>>27226214
nice meme sir
>>
>>27225838
>Great villain until season finale
FTFY
>>
File: 1460503734188.png (67 KB, 300x600) Image search: [Google]
1460503734188.png
67 KB, 300x600
Best villain.

Best mane character.

Fixed
>>
>>27226190
She's better than Sunset in motive, though both are a bit petty.

I'm just glad for a recuring character
>>
File: balding.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
balding.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>27226413
>>
>>27226190
this
>>
>>27226422
Motive and execute most likely
>>
>>27225989
Fuck u! I love conmu pony's new mane.
>>
>>27226435
Her new mane is cute dude leave her alone
>>
File: starlight_glimmer_sociopath.png (279 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
starlight_glimmer_sociopath.png
279 KB, 1280x722
>>27225838
Great villain, horrible backstory.
>>
>>27225838
great one shot character
horrible everything else
good thing they are teaming her up with trixie, i cant stand to see another glim glam episode
>>
>>27225838
villain tires
>chaotic
discord
>great and powerful
trixie
>beloved dictator
glim glam but only the first episode
>fetish fuel
chrysalis
>rushed to hell and back
nightmare moon
>literally who?
king sombra
>the fuck is wrong with the comic?
nightmare rarity
>never canon
sunset something
>>
File: 1431121178550.png (1 MB, 836x1335) Image search: [Google]
1431121178550.png
1 MB, 836x1335
>>27225838
Why is it that outside of the one male character everyone who's been reformed completely loses every single shred of personality they had and turns into a "muh pasts, muh mistakes, I was sooo evil, lets wallow in how shitty I was and make that my entire character"
>>
>>27226592
just wait for trixie anon
>>
>>27226599
she's already redeemed m8
>>
>>27226599
I usually don't like her but after all this same old reformation bullshit her mega bitch ways will be a breath of fresh air.
>in;b4 the episode ends with her realizing what a bitch she is and changing her ways... Again
>>
>>27226545
Yeah you're right, she is a sociopath but why does that make it a bad backstory? Were you and everyone who watched the finale too stupid to notice that Twilight made it clear that Starlight had overreacted? No one was defending that she had a vengeance against cutie marks because her friend left, not even the writers.
>>
>>27226603
Trixie is going to be the season finale villain and I'm not a trixiefag but it's pretty simple, the first couple episodes didn't stablish a new villain for the season, last couple of one shot villains where sombra and video so we know that the show doesn't do the whole one shot villain well at all. And well we don't really have another shot since writers already proved they don't give half a shit about Gilda and twilight can't really become an alicorn twice
>>
>>27226616
Pointing out that your plot is horrible doesn't make your plot any less horribke
>>
her backstory is fine, they just didn't explore it more to make it believable

>>27225989
even then her bits were the best parts of those episodes
including her mane u faggot ;-;
>>
>>27226630
Starlight has a dumb mane
>>
>>27226630
It isn't tho, flurry hearts has a Better back story
>>
>>27226190
>not fluttershy 4.0
>>
>>27226585
forgot tirek, you fag
>>
>>27226724
tirek wasnt even on the wiki
i guess you can add it as
>no,no there is no way that makes sense. There should at least have been one more villain there
tirek
>>
>>27225838

>supporting

Got bad news for ya dude
>>
>>27226628
You are retarded, aren't you? Are you telling me that when they introduce the idea that Starlight is a sociopath it's still bad? Even though you just said that Starlight is a sociopath?
>>
>>27226746
saying she is a sociopath doesnt make her more likable, doesnt make her story any better and doesnt make me care for her.
Hell maybe she is a sociopath and maybe some shows make the whole sociopath character well. If starlight is a sociopath she is a veri unlikable socipath, but not unlikable enough for me to like her as a villain so it fails both ways.
If hasbro made her backstory better even doing as little as showing her being alone for most of her life in a montage i would have cared about her, they didnt tho
>>
>>27225838
Agreed. It all started going down with her weak backstory and reformation. Now she's pretty much just another Sunset Shimmer, and her new voice and mane are worse.
>>
>>27226793
>saying she is a sociopath doesn't make her more likable
I never said that.

>doesnt make her story any better
I never said that either, you were the one who was implying that it was a bad backstory because they said she "did nothing wrong" rather than saying she was a sociopath.

>If starlight is a sociopath she is a veri unlikable socipath
I can't think of many sociopath's that are likable.

>If hasbro made her backstory better even doing as little as showing her being alone for most of her life in a montage i would have cared about her
"I couldn't interpret the story for myself and I wish we had someone hold my hand through explaining the story in excruciating detail ):"
What's the matter, is the pony show too deep and complex for you? Was Starlight saying that she'd been alone for years not enough? How would seeing it make it any better?
>>
>>27227025
>Yeah you're right, she is a sociopath but why does that make it a bad backstory?
yes
if starlight is a sociopath she is not a good enough sociopath for anyone but the most retarded fanboys to enjoy
being a sociopath doesnt make you a good character
being a sociopath doesnt mean you make the story any better
anyone but shippers and waifufags need a character to be either likable or unlikable to care about the character, starlight had a good start but then hasbro fucked up by making hher neither
starlight isnt complicated, if starlight was too complicated for me i would be praising her character instead of complaining
>>
>>27226592
to be fair, most of the main 6 can be summed up similarly
>muh fashion
>muh parties
etc, etc.
mlp writers dont know how into characters that arent extremely simple and two dimensional
>>
>>27226413
Why does nobody seem to care how dumb her new design is?
>>
>>27227179
thats still one more dimension that starlight has and she was introduced in a two parter episode just like discord was so there is no excuse
>>
>>27227209
you dont think that a person can have a moment of awakening where they realize their reaction to an event was ridiculously over dramatic?

it makes much more sense for starlight to be this way rather than sunset. starlights reason to be a villain in the first place was just ridiculous, but it was something that she got caught up in. before twilight, no one was able to show her how ridiculous she was being. then it all dawned on her in a single moment. its like when you realize youve done something so cringey that you cant stop thinking about it from then on.
>>
>>27227320
yeah, some people do drugs and whores and suddenly see the light and devote their life to jesus. Doesnt mean i want them near me tho. At least people who do drugs and whores are fun
>>
>>27227660
thats... not even related to the topic we were discussing though
>>
>>27227729
I don't know who sunset is but Starlights motives being nonsensical is the result of mismanagement alone.
Starlight's motives could very well make sense if we were shown she really suffered trying to find her place for a long time.
>>
>>27228635
>I don't know who sunset is

She's the best NO HOOVES character there is!
>>
File: 1377571015413.png (74 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1377571015413.png
74 KB, 512x512
>>27226616
Do you not understand what a "bad backstory" means?
If a villian has a well-written character and backstory, you're supposed to be able to relate to their feelings and, even if you don't agree with their actions, you understand them. If you feel like they are massively overreacting or that their behaviour doesn't really make sense, that means the backstory is bad.
>>
>>27227181
Fuck off, her mane is good.
>>
>>27225838
>>
>>27226585
Fixed for you

>pathetic prankster
discord

the rest is the same.
>>
>>27229775
How is her mane good at fucking all? It is a mutation, horses do not have mane lines down the side of their fucking heads....shes bald on more than half her skull
>>
>>27226545

Anyone have that image from derpiborou:

"For threatening the time-space continuum and costing many lives across several different timelines, we hereby sentence you to ... become our new best friend!"
>>
>>27230165
Horses also don't fucking talk or go to spas to get their manes done. Faggot.
>>
>>27230244
It doesn,t matter. You can't go to the hairdresser and say "hey, make my hair grow down my cheek onsyead of across my head"

From what we've seen in the show, pony manes grow....like pony manes, down and up their neck and towards their forehead, not on their inner ear

Her mane is fucking attrocious
>>
>>27230149
Sure thing, he is just the most successful villain yet
>>
File: anon-no.png (71 KB, 443x1157) Image search: [Google]
anon-no.png
71 KB, 443x1157
>>27230174
This isn't it, but I laughed anyways.
>>
>>27230291
>down my cheek
>inner ear

LMAO what?
You may need to get your eyes checked.
>>
>>27227093
You're not actually saying anything about her being a sociopath that you think makes her backstory bad, you're just saying "it's bad" and then changing your reason from "she didn't do nuffin" to "she's a sociopath" when I called you out on it.
>>
>>27231420
what?
she is a bad sociopathcharacter and a bad character alltogether thats my point.
Starlight sucks because she is neither likeable nor unlikable enough, think luane for king of the hill, think... i cant come up with more examples, every character that shows up in a show more than once must be memorable in some way, if you cant think back and remembe liking her or disliking her for a reason then its a character that shouldnt have been part of the show.
Of course you like her but you are a fanboy
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.