[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened with the reputation of Secret of My Excess? I used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
What happened with the reputation of Secret of My Excess? I used to see it commonly ranked up among the series' best episodes up until like a year ago? Very few episodes have dived in reputation so much, I mean nothing can compare to the way Bats! aged but given that this one was a Larson episode I expected more people would like it.
>>
>>26974119
It was never the series' best episode, and neither was Bats!, wtf
>>
>>26974119
I didn't even think it was that fantastic to begin with. Also pretty sure plenty of people didn't like Bats! when that first aired either.
>>
Spike got even less popular and his episodes along with him basically.
>>
>>26974119

As rarifag I hate sparity
But also hate the constant loss of old fans
Thats it, we are filling with new people that will never feel the excitement to watch Secret of my Excess on streaming

Maybe thats what Neal was trying to say to us by "what about discord", he is our grratest ally
>>
>>26974119
I never liked this episode.

>muh Sparity
>Wonderbolts are fucking useless
>Spike grows up for the sake of the plot and then everything returns to the status quo at the end of the episode
>casual racism against dragons
>>
>>26975765
Well the ponies are just casually racist/speciesist at a whole. It's kind of their thing.
>>
>>26975765
Pretty much this.
If Dragon Quest was of any contribution though, Dragons are assholes, all thing (save Spike) considered.
>>
>>26975966
They thought that about griffons until they actually met them.
>>
>>26974119
It's still a great episode. We just had a lot of new, better episodes after it and you can't say that new episode is better than this one if you ranked both 9/10 or something. Hope I make sense.
>>
File: 1372818461373.png (230 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1372818461373.png
230 KB, 1800x1800
>>26974119
you're misremembering, it has always been considered below average (but as far as spike episodes are concerned it was probably the best one)
>>
>>26974119
It's a Spike episode, so people retroactively shat on it to validate the "Spike episodes are always shit hurr" meme.

Same thing happened to Just for Sidekicks.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.