[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.thehorse.com/articles/13 831/follow-up-carnivorou
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
http://www.thehorse.com/articles/13831/follow-up-carnivorous-horses

>The reports included domestic horses, donkeys, mules, ponies, and miniatures, as well as wild mustangs. Meat foods mentioned included hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, bologna, ham, fried chicken, or buffalo wings--eaten from the hand or from the tailgate just as if they were apples.

Fucking Discuss
>>
>>26834604
>several responses indicating a reaction of disbelief in the sense of horror and disgust
Normie horse owners are such faggots most of the time
>>
>>26834604
if this means what I think it means. then this needs to be passed on to all the writefags that ponies are omnivores.
>>
>>26834735
Well they are but not for that reason
>>
File: 1458236882833.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458236882833.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>26834604
does this mean that I can get a steak in equestria then?

Hell. Yes.
>>
>>26834604

http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2010/12/20/carnivory-in-cows-and-deer/

Herbivores just eat meat sometimes. Some think it's due to a mineral deficiency, the author of this article suggests they just do it because they can. As the article suggests, the horses could possibly be attracted to the meaty foods because of their salt content, or they may have just learned that human food is tasty and just ate the meat because it's what we eat. Horses aren't exactly the smartest animals out there.

The ponies in the show are established to be vegetarian though, even going so far as to have horsified versions of traditional meat products, like carrots on buns instead of hot dogs, or hayburgers instead of hamburgers.
>>
>>26835193
When I say 'as the article suggests', I was referring to OP's article, not mine. I really need to proofread these posts.
>>
>>26834753
Anyone who is not ignorant already knew this.
>>
>>26834753
>>26835223
They aren't omnivores, they're herbivores. Cats are considered strict carnivores despite eating grasses and other plants occasionally. Eating something outside of your biological wheelhouse every now and again doesn't change whether you're a herbivore or carnivore.

Shoenice on YouTube eats candles and soap and shit, you can eat stuff that doesn't really provide much nutritional value.
>>
>>26834604
>"We'd LOVE to have you for dinner sometime, Anonymous."
>>
>>26835321
So I can still be gay even if I eat pussy?
>>
>>26835403
Doing some gross hetero stuff isn't the same as being hetero.
>>
>>26835403
I don't think the principle applies in the same way there
>>
>>26835193
>>26835321
but consider that they started out as herbavores and became Omnivorea as evolution took its toll on the equinal race. hell, maybe their more herbivore than carnivore, but can still eat and digest meat like a human.
>>
>>26835403
Yes, sexuality is a spectrum, not a binary. Sometimes straight people have gay sex too:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-for-pay
>>
>>26835463
There's literally zero evidence to suggest that horses are evolving into omnivores. Like the article I posted above states, herbivores just eat meat sometimes. Also, meat won't come out the back of an herbivore undigested, they'll still digest it, they just won't get the nutrients they've evolved to expect.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.