[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm about to sit down and watch this it can't be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
So I'm about to sit down and watch this it can't be that bad right I just have to remind myself it can't be worse then strippers vs werewolves was right right.
>>
>>26603075
It's better than most of FIM. Don't listen to no hooves fags.
>>
>>26610703
Not really. It's high school drama packed with a less than appealing love subplot.
>>
>>26610708
Honestly I'm just scared the whole grown adults turning into teenagers thing will get to me.

But I can at least be sure the transitions won't be as horrible as the aforementioned strippers vs werewolves.
>>
File: Arthas.jpg (80 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Arthas.jpg
80 KB, 680x680
>>26610717
Here's a fun fact, EG was supposed to be for the older audiences and a way to capture the tweens.

It sold for the pony show's target demographic and the tweens but hardly with the adults at its first year. Acceptance was not an option before it slowly grew on the fandom for some reason that's beyond me.

and it took them four bloody years to get good dolls that doesn't look like Satan's nightmare figures.
>>
>>26610695
Rainbow Rocks > Equestria Girls = Friendship Games
>>
>>26610757
Fug dat, RR>EG>FG
>>
I can't decide if that opening theme was awefull or awesome but I liked the trippy cutie mark kaleidoscope.

And at the very least people seemed in character in the pony section.
>>
>>26610695
I watched EG and it was just bad. So bad i didn't watched next two parts. But i still like music from RR.
>>
>>26610695
nigga
if you are going to do it, watch inmediately Rainbow Rocks and you wont regret the time wasted of your life watching this, or at least not so painful
>>
EQG was created in order to prevent sexually confused manchildren from turning into full-blown zoophiles.
>>
I was wrong the age changes barely phased me.

It's the having human versions of ponys I just don't see the point the only reason I could think of is the designers being to lazy to create a full host of new characters.

I'm guessing that there will be humans of the gang as well so we will have that lazyness resulting in nonsensical stories

Also hand holding in the first 10 minuites they could have at least eased the audience into such lewdness.
>>
Humanpinkie a cute A CUTE.
>>
>>26610784
But I'm watching all the pony stuff in chronological order I have to get to where that movie starts in the series first.
>>
I don't like mean snips and snails.
>>
>>26610695
this movie gave me cancer
>>
>>26610695
Nope don't listen this is shit and you won't gonna enjoy it, there is no fetish what could make you enjoy it

The second/third movie is pretty sweet tho, skip the first or stick to the shimmer related events
>>
>>26610862
yeah right
I meant watching it inmediately after the 1st
you watch a "wtf so many awkward moments and plotholes" film while the sequel it's like a parody of the 1st one
basically if you survive the 1st one,the rest is an effortless watch
>>
I sense a Carrie moment coming up.
>>
>>26611040
Hah guess I was wrong
Anyway I liked the climax but the resolution was pretty horrible it was always going to be some friendship thing but why the fuck did they have to grow new features.

And when the fuck did pony flash bump into twilight the first time I seem to recall her stoping in front of him.
>>
>>26610746
Having just finished the movie I have come to a conclusion even little children could tell the plot was horrible they just liked the new characters.

The adults think the same thing but due to lacking that weird childhood wisdom it took them several years to realise they could appreciate the characters without liking the movie.

Except snips and snails though they followed trixie around because they were in awe that does not translate to serving sunset at all.

And even as a trixiefag I have to say they should have ditched the great and powerful bit with Trixie or at least saved it for a scene she was auctualy performing magic tricks.
>>
>>26611125
Second movie is worse with Trixie. I've never seen the appeal of EqG. I think a lot of it is shitposting.
>>
>>26611191
Well in that case I'm torn more Trixie content sounds good but if it's bad Trixie content.

It's the old /tg/ question of is bad game better then no game.
>>
>>26611210
It's EqG, so it is automatically inferior.
>>
>>26611125
As someone who like Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, EG is a fucking monstrosity. Rainbow Rocks is just silly, nonsensical, completely over the top action with kickass songs. FG is a lot messier in terms of plotting and the whole premise of the Friendship Games is pretty dumb, but Sunset, SciTwi and those last 10-15 mins save it for me. If you know what to expect it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>26611225
FG was extensively rewritten at a point when the script has normally been locked for months, but based on what we saw I don't think the canned subplot would have been done well. FG flopping is part of the reason the fourth film is Netflix only.
>>
The problem with Equestria Girls is trying to set up a whole new world and characters in just an hour. Imagine if FiM was just the pilot and that was it. You'd all proclaim it was shit. We need an EG series to see the full potential.
>>
>>26611243
>Netflix
Was that in the announcement that talked about the new toys?
>>
>>26611268
Yes, along with the ten minute preview that will come out prior to the release.
>>
>>26611253
The pilot was amazing though and hooked me on the show. Surely I'm not alone in that. The problem with EG is that it blatantly just exists so that Hasbro can try and sell more toys; cashing in on the MLP money train to do so. It's uninspired garbage that's been done to death many, many times in many better movies. I doubt even the person writing it thought it would be quality.
>>
File: Top Bait.jpg (199 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Top Bait.jpg
199 KB, 680x680
>>26610703
You're going to need to try harder than that!
>>
>>26611295
I honestly dident like the pilot that much.

Or maybe it was more the second episode that was only meh.
>>
>>26611295
This. EqG is tired concepts that are not interesting.
>>
>>26610757
>>26610767
You faggots are retarded
Friendship Games is the best one while Rainbow Rocks is filled with nothing but brony memes and waifu bait and EqG is just utter and irredeemable shit
FG >>> RR >>>>>>>> EqG
>>
File: Nzs3Q8B.jpg (21 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
Nzs3Q8B.jpg
21 KB, 289x292
>>26610703
I agree
>>
>>26610785
I am not sexually attracted to noodle arms and alien heads. They failed.
>>
>>26610695
You will soon find your lust for equine pussy overridden by lust for teen pussy.
>>
File: wsky7b.jpg (138 KB, 1072x792) Image search: [Google]
wsky7b.jpg
138 KB, 1072x792
>>26613785
>mfw these are both my main go to for masturbating
>>
File: web-preview-print2.jpg (77 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
web-preview-print2.jpg
77 KB, 500x300
>>26611217
It's dangerous to go alone.
>>
>>26611295
Well the whole point of the franchise is to sell toys. Hasbro didn't reboot MLP because they wanted to create an award winning series. They wanted to make cash by selling cheap toys. Good thing they got a competent team this time around
>>
File: dagi digits.png (96 KB, 180x370) Image search: [Google]
dagi digits.png
96 KB, 180x370
>>26614000
Century trips of truth.
>>
>>26614041
(millennial even, bleh)
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.