[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dirty Work (Thread 9)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 8
File: dirtywork 9.png (148 KB, 748x521) Image search: [Google]
dirtywork 9.png
148 KB, 748x521
This is the story of a mare named Sharp Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and came out of it better than expected, at least for the moment.

Last Thread: >>26519973

Castlist: http://pastebin.com/eSW5Hevs

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/

>Trotting home is an odd experience at this time of night.
>The streets shine in the moonlight, and your hooves echo off the buildings around you.
>Few ponies are out right now, but many lights across the city's skyscrapers remain on, which gives a sense of life to the urban wilderness.
>Still, you stand a little taller and pull your saddlebags a little closer, keeping a watchful eye on the alleys around you.
>You count them as they pass in pairs, and feel a little bit slighted by Canterlot's city planners when you discover a skipped one on the left side of the street.
>Dividing the streets themselves is a small grassy green path, sprinkled with trees, and raised ever so slightly from the cobbles of the way itself.
>There's a few seedy looking types around at this time, maybe at a 1:18 ratio of normal ponies that cross your path.
>None seem to pay you much mind despite your below-average stature, but then again, you aren't the wealthiest looking pony in the world.
>Home is easy to find.
>Downtown fades behind you and with it most of the more intimidating looking ponies out and about, the cement of the sidewalk passing underhoof until you reach your own apartment.
>Clomp, clomp, up the stairs and to the door, where you now stand outside, key in hoof.

>input action
>>
>>26586174
Go inside, quietly.

Try not to wake the Tally.
>>
>>26586174
Quiet entry.
>>
>>26586174
I was going to say go straight to the bar to drop off the ID, but since we're already here, >>26586186 and >>26586195.
>>
>>26586228
Yeah, probably would have been best, but we can just be sure to stuff it deep in our saddlebags, lock it away in a closet or something, and go first thing tomorrow.
>>
>>26586174
Stealth night cuddle
>>
>>26586236
Yeah, seconded. Set an alarm. If Tally asks what we're in such a hurry about, we can honestly say that there was something for Kis that we were intending to do yesterday, but forgot.

>>26586255
Way to keep us consistent, dubs anon. We a cuddleslut.
>>
>>26586174
Roll stealth to cuddle.
>>
>>26586264
>set an alarm.

Also a great idea. We've run into quite a few already, but I think we can make better use of them.

Sharpy's really good at fine details. Even a piece of tape could be great.
Even if it was replaced, she'd probably be able to notice if it was a slightly different spot
>>
>>26586295
You remember we have a housemate right?
>>
>>26586295
I meant more like an alarm clock so we don't sleep in, so you can have credit for the idea of using the other sort of alarm. I support it, though.

>>26586269
>roll stealth
Sure thing, friend computer.
Ugh. You just gave me highschool RPG flashbacks anon.
>>
>>26586320
Who probably won't think anything odd about or even notice a stray piece of tape on our saddlebags.
>>
>>26586334
Secret alarms tend to be easily disturbed by those who aren't aware of them. It's kinda pointless if you're not the only one in the space.
>>
>>26586186
>>26586195
>>26586228
>>26586264
>>26586269
>You decide on a nice and quiet entry.
>Tally is asleep in bed of all places, quite the surprise, quiet murmurs escaping her mouth and drifting off through the airwaves.
>As always, she left the radio on, this time of some sort of pop style music thing.
>The strum of a guitar fades quickly to silence as you whack the off switch, and the apartment lies silent.
>You now stuff your pilfered ID as deep as you can into your saddlebags and stuff your saddlebags deep into your closet.
>Wouldn't want to lose your ID before tomorrow, you think to yourself as you set your alarm clock.
>Thoughts of the ID engender other thoughts.
>About work, mainly.
>You push them to the side for the moment while you hop in bed with Tally, slipping gently under the covers and pulling her close.
>She doesn't awaken, but coos softly in your hooves.
>It's nice to have a platonic cuddle-buddy (At least on your end).
>But as you snuggle up your mind drifts back to work, as well as your actions.
>It's strange to think about, as everything in the past feels a little disconnected from you.
>The wine job.
>The maid work.
>This job at the hotel.
>It's funny to be asking your own mind, but...
>What do you feel?

>input action
>>
>>26586334
This. Honestly she could wake up to find that we had spontaneously decided that all the chairs in our apartment had to be rearranged so they all faced true north, and her response would probably just be "Sharpie must have gotten up early".

A strip of tape is nothing.
>>
>>26586373
An odd mix of proud at our accomplishments but also a little worried that it took us this long to actually stop and reflect on this.
>>
>>26586373
I... Don't know. For being a maid, I feel really good about what we did. That guy was a jerk and he deserves whatever we gave him.

For the others, though? Surprisingly, not that bad. We may have hurt ponies, maybe worse, depending on what we did to that wine, but I really don't feel very guilty about it, and that's a little scary.

If anything, it's guilt that we're not feeling guilt, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>26586373
Jazzed at how great we are at our new job. We briefly entertain the notion that maybe we should be feeling something more negative about breaking the law, but quickly push it aside. After all, Kis is in the same business as us, and she's a perfectly well-adjusted and friendly pony, right?
>>
>>26586373
Surprised at how good we are at this.
The job sounds inherently chaotic, but each task boils down a series of problems and solutions to be applied in order.
There's a certain frightening thrill to doing things others don't want us to and getting away with it.
>>
>>26586373
I think that Sharpie is feeling very glad to be home with her good friend snuggling under the covers.

I think that Twitch will be very glad to turn in that ID tomorrow, and will enjoy the praise that she gets from Kis.

I think it's scary how well we compartmentalize Sharpie and Twitch into two separate lives, to the point that we're only now reflecting on how we should feel about all this.
>>
>>26586373
It's very hard to deny that this work makes us happy.
Just a week ago, we were moping around the apartment, basically crying to ourselves.

Now whether any kind of work would make us happy is more up in the air, but we're certainly good at this, considering what's happened so far.
>>
>>26586401
>>26586415
>>26586418
>>26586469
>>26586470
>It's odd, but you find yourself, well, happy about it.
>Maybe even a little proud of your new employment, and impressed with your own efficiency at it.
>The maid job is the first that comes to mind.
>Open deserves whatever happens to him, and you feel a sense of pride at being the one to spill the beans on him, or at least start the ball rolling.
>The other two lie in more of a grey area.
>You hurt ponies, there's no doubt about that.
>You also probably broke the law too, but you're less concerned with that and more so with the ponies you harmed.
>With that sedative in the wine, who knows what happened, and you almost certainly got that mare fired tonight.
>But after a moment's thought you feel nothing.
>Or certainly not guilt about those actions.
>You shudder a little.
>Shouldn't you feel bad?
>After something like that, most ponies would feel awful about doing that, but you're feeing nothing of the sort.
>Maybe even something a little darker.
>The thrill of getting away with something you shouldn't.
>A rush of excitement, a glimpse into the unknown.
>That's not something pleasant to ponder on...
>B-But anyway, Kismet's a perfectly normal pony, there's no reason these little errands will turn you into some sort of psychopath...
>For the moment, all you know is that Twitch is going to be very happy to get that ID to Kis tomorrow, and is maybe even a little eager to hear about her next job.
>Maybe Sharp'll be a little happy too.

>input action
>>
>>26586596
Be of sleeping.
>>
>>26586622
>Feeling pretty sleepy, you give Tally one last little squeeze before letting yourself drift away.
>Slowly, the world around you melts, and you find yourself floating down a river on a small raft with Tally.
>Deep tropical forest sandwiches the two of you, and the river chugs along at a leisurely pace.
>You lie down on your back, look up to the sky and sigh.
>It's been a good few days.
>You deserve this.

>With a snap, the nice little river of your mind disintegrates, and you find yourself back in your dingy apartment.
>Your alarm clock hasn't gone off, in fact, it's missing from your nightstand.
>Something a little bigger is missing too...
>Tally.
>As your senses fade into clarity, you hear whistling from the kitchen, as well as some sizzling, something on the stove.

>input action
>>
>>26586596
>For the moment, all you know is that Twitch is going to be very happy to get that ID to Kis tomorrow, and is maybe even a little eager to hear about her next job.
>Maybe Sharp'll be a little happy too.
And the double life begins. Sharp shouldn't worry herself with what Twitch does. Sharp should just drift off to sleep peacefully, not a care in the world.
>>
>>26586715
Check bag for ID. Bring bag with you to kitchen. Greet Tally.
>>
>>26586723
Thissun
>>
>>26586723
TALLY: "Good morning, Sharp! How did you slee–"
SHARP: "I'm not being suspicious with my bag!"
>>
>>26586781
IGNORE THE BAG BEHIND THE CURTAIN
>>
>>26586723
>>26586730
>Your first thought is to hop out and grab your bags, searching to make sure nothing's been moved in the night.
>Thankfully, nothing has, and the ID remains safe and tucked away for the moment.
>Next, you grab the bags and head out to the kitchen, poking around to see what Tally's up to.
>She's at the stove, pan frying what appear to be sticks of toast, and waves to you cheerily.
>"Morning Sharpie!"
>She eyes your saddlebags a little, and in response you shift your bag out of view and laugh nervously.
"Y-You're up early, a-aren't you?"
>Tally rolls her eyes,
>"Oh, I'm not always the late one of us... Just most of the time. Anyway, I decided to try fried toast! There was a small amount of butter left in the fridge, and I thought to myself why not. Should be done soon, so if you take a seat I should get it all ready for ya!"
>She whistles a familiar tune as she works, but you can't quite place the song itself.
>"So, any plans for the day?"
>Tally asks cheerfully, flipping the toast gingerly with magic.

>input action
>>
>>26586803
I have to head to the bar as soon as we finish eating. I have something for Kis that I really should have dropped of last night.

How did your interview go?
>>
>>26586803
Just need to shoot over to see Kis, then I should be free for the day.
How did yesterday go, by the way?
>>
Yay, I got to make four whole suggestions for Dirty Work. And now I'm going to bed. You and your goddamn timezones, Aight.
>>
>>26586874
Don't worry, I'll make sure to ruin everything while you're gone.
>>
>>26586885
Sharp is going to be gay when I wake up, isn't she?
>>
>>26586899
Sharp is going to be married when you wake up.
>>
>>26586899
Just try and stop us, east coast.
>>
>>26586912
[diabolical gay laughter]
>>
>>26586819
>>26586814
"Well, I have to head over and see Kis first, I have something for her I really should have dropped off last night. Should be free after that though!"
>You say happily.
>Tally grins.
>"Great! Wonder what we can do..."
>She finishes up with the toast and spends a few moments draining excess butter with her magic, then sprinkling powdered sugar on top of the little sticks she's made and brings the plate over.
>"Munch on it as you like."
>She says invitingly, takinn a bute herself and lighting up,
>"That's pretty good!"
>You try it for yourself, agree, and after four more bites ask,
"So how'd that interview go?"
>Tally lets out a quick breath,
>"Don't know yet... Don't know. 'll find out soon. Interview itself went good, answered all the questions, made a few jokes with the mare in charge. Hopefully she liked me!"
"Hopefully..."
>You add, simultaneously stuffing your face with a pair of the the toast sticks.
>Breakfast goes quickly, the little toast stripes quickly disappearing from the plate in front of you.
>Soon, only one toast strip remains.
>To your dismay, Tally pats her stomach and motions the final, single, odd numbered stick to you.
>"I'm stuffed..."
>A moral dillemma of the highest order.

>input action

>>26586874
S-Sorry. I'll try to run earlier in the future, and certainly will do so tomorrow.
>>
>>26586945
It's technically a portion of a whole, mean it represents a fraction rather than a single object.
>>
>>26586964
>You then realize something.
>This is a strip of toast, not a piece of toast itself.
>It's merely a fraction of a piece.
>And because of this realization, a growing manifests in your mind.
>You grab Tally and shake her violently.
"Tally? How many pieces did you cut each toast slice into? This is important..."
>Tally, confused, gives you a quizzical look,
>"Well, 3 each... Why?"

>input action
>>
>>26586994
H-How many pieces were there?
>>
>>26586994
Okay, so I had six toast strips, which means that I ate two pieces of toast. Six and two, that's fine. I'm not happy about the whole "three strips" thing, but we've got more even numbers than odd involved, so I'll let it slide.

As for that last strip, however, it is going straight into a plastic bag and into the quarantine section of the fridge.
>>
>>26587157
>quarantine section of the fridge
Yeah, put it next to the swiss cheese slices with an odd number of holes, and that one tomato that was disconcertingly asymmetrical.
>>
toast math
>>
>>26586994
QUARANTINE
>>
>>26587007
>>26587157
>>26587182
>>26588595
"Ok... If I had six pieces that means I've eaten two slices of bread. Now, we're going to have to have a little talk about your choice of bread slicing, but first, this sucker is going straight to quarantine."
>Tally rolls her eyes,
>"It's just wasted fridge space at this point Sharp, come on."
"Ah, ah, ah! One of us might work up the courage to eat some of it someday..."
>Inside the bottom drawer if the fridge, normally reserved for fruits and veggies, is your quarantine.
>You clear it out every 14 days, but at the moment it holds five slices of swiss cheese with an odd amount of holes, an almost rectangular tomato, a bag of pretzels with a single malformed pretzel at the bottom and now this singular slice of fried bread, wrapped neatly in a plastic bag to retain freshness.
>Satisfied with yourself, you return to the breakfast table.
"Now that's settled."
>You sigh with relief, Tally's expression somewhere between annoyance and amusement.
>"So what did we want to do today? After you're done of course. Go see Rye and get smashed, see if Willow's out of rehearsal for that play we're seeing... Go check out that bar of yours, I dunno. It's Friday, we can live a little!"

>input action
>>
>>26588902
I wouldn't mind seeing Rye.

Getting smashed can wait til later in the day.
>>
>>26588902
We could go see Rye. We could ask Willow to come along if she's available.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 320x320
>>26588902
>check out that bar of yours
Yeah, that's a... that's a good idea for, uh... later, maybe. I guess. Maybe much MUCH later.

W-wha was that about Rye, again?
>>
>>26589015
>>26588979
>>26588920
>You feel a little uncomfortable about that bar comment, but push past it in your mind relatively quickly.
"I think we should hang with Rye, maybe see if Willow wants to come along! Been a while since we got our little gang together. And getting smashed can wait until tonight, but I'm by no means against the idea."
>You finish with a small wink.
>That's how ponies use winks in casual conversation right?
>You think you did it correctly.
>Maybe you should do it again, just to make sure Tally got it.
>But then that's be weird.
>Yeah, you did it right the first time.
>"Yeah, that does sound fun! Still need a place to hang though... Maybe Rye or Willow have somewhere cool to go."
>Tally then looks to the clock,
>"O-Oh, I'm holding you up aren't I... S-Sorry, if you're late to work I can take the blame."

>input action
>>
>>26589073
That's okay.

I don't think I'll have a lot to do today anyway. Be back in an hour or two.
>>
>>26589073
We aren't on the clock.
>>
>>26589073
>You finish with a small wink.
>That's how ponies use winks in casual conversation right?
Fucking hell, Sharpie, you adorable little ball of neurosis.

"Oh, don't worry. This will be a quick errand."
>>
>>26586885
>>26586911
>>26586912
>>26586919
You fucking liars.
>>
>>26589083
>>26589112
>>26589121
"Aw, don't worry, this'll be a quick one. And anyway, I'm not on the clock."
>Tally chuckles,
>"Your job just gets better and better, doesn't it. Be back soon."
>You nod and strap your saddlebags on before trotting out with a quick
"See ya Tally!"
>And a "Bye!" echoing back in response.

>Morning in Canterlot.
>Ponies are happy, especially because it's Friday.
>A lot of ponies are on the street at this time, and the bustle of the city really comes to life.
>You push through the semi-crowds until you reach the bar, which is located in a relatively less crowded area.
>Inside, the bar itself is empty, but the two at the back acknowledge you and open the back, you trotting once again into the dingy back-room of your employment.
>The backroom is empty, and the blinds to Kismet's office are shut.
>The other office's blinds are open though, and you can see Kis's lookalike doing paperwork through the window.
>You can also hear hoofsteps upstairs.

>input action
>>
>>26589229
Knock on the door to see if anyone's inside Kis's office, then find a spot to wait for Kis to show up.
>>
>>26589229
Knock. If there's no answer we can ask the big mare if she knows where Kis is.
>>
>>26589246
>>26589295
>You knock on the door to Kis's office and wait for a response.
>Sadly, you don't get one, and take a seat at the poker table to wait for her.
>From upstairs, a yellow mare clomps down the stairs and sighs, shaking out a bouncy orange mane.
>She spots you sitting alone and waves hello before taking a seat on the stairs, looking back up towards the top.
>So now you've got a few options, be friendly with this new mare, go see the big mare, or wait for Kis.

>input action
>>
>>26589360
I vote vote say hello to not-Kis. Knock on her door softly to get her attention, then ask if she knows when Kis will be in.
>>
>>26589360
We can talk to the new mare. The other one might be busy.
>>
>>26589413
Oh. I'll change my vote to >>26589406
>>
>>26589406
Talking to either sounds fine to me.
I'd start with the new one though
>>
>>26589406
>>26589426
>You decide to say hi to Kis's lookalike, thinking she might know something.
>You knock and push open her office's door, taking a quick look at her.
>She's a larger mare, with a mane much like Kis's, but a darker blue.
>She quickly looks up fron her desk and stows her paperwork upon your entrance, puzzled, but quickly brightens.
>"Oh! You must be Twitch! Kis told me a lot about you."
>She extends a hoof.
>"Providence! Pleased to meet you."
>You take it in stride,
"Twitch! And the feeling is mutual. Do you know where Kis is by any chance?"
>She nods,
>"In a meeting at the moment, in her office. Do you need to talk to her? She should be done pretty soon..."

>input action
>>
>>26589608
Yeah, I need to see her, but there's no rush at all.

It can wait til she's done.
>>
>>26589608
Yeah, we have something for her. There's no rush though.
>>
>>26589608
There is no rush, I can wait.
>>
>>26589608
Ask her what her role is in this organization
>>
>>26589636
>>26589647
>>26589799
>>26589813
"I do need to see her, but no rush, I can wait."
>Providence grins,
>"Great! I've got a little work to do, but you can stick around if you like."
>She then returns to her desk and grabs a pen, retrieving a different stack of papers than before and tapping her pen softly against her temple, grumbling under her breath.
>To break the silence, you take a seat and ask,
"So, what do you do around here?"
>Providence chuckles.
>"As a generalization? Well, Kis handles jobs and taxes, while I manage city code, reconnaissance work, and some of the bigger jobs, ones that require more than just a lone pony. Who knows, I might be working with you some day."

>input action
>>
>>26589922
I assume those jobs have higher pay?
>>
>>26589941
Heh. Eyes on the prize Sharpy.
>>
>>26589941
"I would assume those jobs might have some pretty good pay with them."
>You prompt, and she nods,
>"You bet your heinie, but we don't do anything like that too often. It's normally a pretty big risk, and if somepony gets caught everything goes down."
>She then winks.
"If I ever need you, or you're looking for something like that, drop me a line or pop your head in here. I'd be glad to have you on call."

>input action
>>
>>26590108
Well thank you.

I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>26590108
I'd have to hear the details of the precise job, but if you have something I might be suited for don't hesitate to ask.
>>
>>26590108
Maybe later.

I'm still pretty new at this, maybe I should get a little more experience with smaller stuff before I get into the really high stakes things.
>>
>>26590128
>>26590133
>>26590216
"I'll keep it in mind, but I think I should get a little more experience with smaller jobs before moving on to more high stakes stuff."
>"Oh sure, I understand. Maybe some other time. I didn't have anything at the moment anyway, just wanted to know."
>She then returns to her paperwork and you trot back out, taking a seat once again at the poker table.
>The yellow mare is gone now, but you do hear the click of a door upstairs, and assume she's gone up there.
>After a few minutes, Kis's office door opens and a green stallion trots out, a combed brown mane and tail giving him a sleek look.
>She wipes her lips and waves him goodbye,
>"See ya Champ! Glad we could reach an agreement!"
>He laughs a little and nods,
>"Me too Kis, me too. It'll be over soon enough."
>He then exits through the front of the bar and leaves you in solace with the petite white mare, who quickly notices your presence.
>"Oh! Twitch! Did you get the job done? Here, quick, come into my office."
>She says, picking you up and escorting you in, quickly shutting the door behind you.
>"How did it go?"

>input action
>>
>>26590356
Eh, decently. I got the objective done, but I was seen by the target, though with a wig on. I think I played into her fears enough that she shouldn't be an issue, but still, not a perfect operation.

Explain how we told her we were protecting her from some conspiracy and whatnot.
>>
>>26590356
There was a slight complication, but I got the ID.
Bright maaay have gone into hiding though.
>>
>>26590356
It almost went wrong. She woke up just as I grabbed the id, but she somehow didn't see it.
I convinced her that I was on her side and the government was going to make her disappear at the convention, and she shouldn't go.

So pretty good, but not perfect.
I also had to give her the maintenance key so that she could get away 'without being seen.'
>>
>>26590436
>>26590449
>>26590486
"It almost went wrong. She woke up as I grabbed the ID, but didn't seem to notice I had it. She did see me because of that, which is a problem, but only once, and in the dark. To get her off my case I convinced her the government was after her and wanted to make her disappear at the convention. I then gave her the maintenance to aid her 'escape,' and she may have gone into hiding."
>Kis raises an eyebrow,
>"Very well done! I would have preferred she never saw you, but getting her completely out of the way is also great! I'm pleased Twitch, but do wish I could get that maintenance key back... Oh well, small losses."
>You then retrieve the ID and hand it over, to which Kis quickly dismantles it into two parts, the Con pass itself, and a small card located behind it in the sleeve.
>"Great! It's all here. Did I mention how much I'd be paying for this? I think it's 500, but maybe 750..."
>She then places the ID down and grabs some papers, flipping through them.
>"500."
>Then bends down and retrieves a small bag.
>"All in there..."
>She trails off, trotting around the desk to hand it to you.
>But before she does, she gives you a hug, then plops it down on the desk in front of you, moving your hoof to the top of the sack.
"I'm proud of you Twitch. You're pretty damn good at this! Now, is there anything else you wanted to ask?"
>A bit more nervous, she then says in a sing-songey voice,
>"And, ah, just letting you know that musician job is still open tonight!"

>input action
>>
>>26590908
Twitch is feeling confident in her silver tongue
I say accept.
>>
>>26590908
Eh, I don't know. A paranoid mare is one thing, a stubborn one is another.
>>
>>26590908
I'm not feeling too good about that one. Don't have a great feeling about actually threatening someone.
>>
>>26590973
>>26590980
Agreed. We need to know our strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>26590908
>>26590980
>>
>>26590973
>>26590980
>>26591073
>You shake your head,
"I'm not feeling too good about that one, sorry... Don't think actually threatening someone is in my repertoire."
>Kis swears under her breath, then grins,
>"That's fine, I understand! Don't want to put you out of your comfort zone in a job like this, could end... Badly. Anyway, there's a few more things on the horizon if you'd like to hear about them, but if you want to enjoy your riches unburdened by the knowledge I'll be glad to let you go."
>She says jokingly, returning back to her own side of the desk and waiting for a response.

>input action
>>
>>26591139
I could hear about a few things coming up.

But a question for us before we decide how much goes towards our debt. How are our finances going again?
How much do we have on hoof and how much do we need for this month?
>>
>>26591139
No, no we want to pay off this debt as soon as we can.
In fact we should put 300 of the 500 we got today on the debt.
>>
>>26591139
>>26591177
What's our debt at now?
>>
>>26591177
Do we even need any money right now?
>>
>>26591168
At the moment, you have 594 bits at home and 270 in the bank. 2500 of your 72,345 debt is paid.
>>
>>26591276
That's plenty. Drop all 500 into the debt. keep it a nice even number.
>>
>>26591294
>>26591168
>You shake your head,
"Actually, I think I'll not enjoy any riches today. It all goes to my debt."
>Kis nods,
>"Well aren't you miss goody two shoes... Responsible little mare you are."
>She then takes the sack and places it back under the desk,
>"3000 now. Nice and easy."
"Awesome! Now, about those other jobs?"
>You prompt, to which Kis nods.
>"Ah! Well, I've got a few in the pipeline, so I'll tell you the three most upcoming ones I have slated for you. First one has to do with a stallion. He's the producer of a fashion line for Verte, and will be taking a small trip here in Canterlot for his holiday. I want you to befriend him on his little two day stay over here and squeeze some information out of him. I'll keep it general until I know you can take the job. Next is a bit more... Physical. There's a mare I'll need you to find and collect, then take her to a certain drop-off station. Simple enough. And the third is some reconnaissance in the headquarters of a fashion line, which will remain unnamed for the moment. Any of those interest you? I have you down for all three at the moment, but that can change if you feel too uncomfortable."

>input action
>>
>>26591519
The more physical one might not be my speed, unless the mare in question is rather petite.
But the others sound fine.
>>
>>26591519
>Physical
Would she be willing to come with us?
>>
>>26591551
This exactly.
>>
>>26591519
Would the reconnaissance job be like the maid one?
>>
>>26591551
>>26591561
>>26591571
>>26591598
"Is she willing to come with us?"
>Kis looks a little nervous,
>"Ah... No. Not really."
"Well, in that case, unless she's pretty small, that one's most likely not my speed. The others sound fine."
>Kis rubs her chin,
>"I'd put her at maybe your size. She's a model, not some bulky hunk of muscle, so I doubt she'd be any stronger than you either."
"Hm. I'll consider it I guess. Would the reconnaissance job be anything like the maid one?"
>Kis nods,
>"Again, I'll see if I can get you in as a temp, and you get to do some poking around in an office building. You don't have to sleep there this time though, and it's less of an intimate relationship with your boss. Sound like fun?"

>input action
>>
>>26591631
Sounds kind of neat.
>>
>>26591631
A lot of fashion jobs.
>>
>>26591665
Think we should ask a little followup with that? Pretty much every job has had something to do with the fashion industry.

Stick with that stuff too much and we might start to get noticed. In fact, that stallion in the lobby seemed to recognize us.
>>
>>26591631
Sounds good.
>>
>>26591648
>>26591731
"Sounds neat. Sign me up then."
>"Good to hear. I guess that's all I have for the moment."

>>26591665
>>26591685
"You've given me a lot of fashion jobs recently, think you might want to migrate me over to something else? If we stick with this too much and I might get noticed. Somepony already did, actually."
>Kis nods,
>"I've taken this into account, it's just that we've had a little problem with the industry at the moment, and we're one of the branches assigned to remedying it. After this set of three, there'll be some other things to deal with, and I'll use others to finish what you started in this area. Or maybe not finish, but at least continue. That make you feel more comfortable?"

>input action
>>
>>26591685
This.
>>
>>26591868
Yup. always good to know things are planned out.
>>
>>26591868
Oh, I met Providence. She seems nice.
>>
>>26591901
>>26591955
"Yep! Always good to know things are planned out. Oh, and I met Providence. She seems nice."
>Kismet grins and makes an
>"Aww... You met Provvie? I thought I was going to get to introduce you, once you were ready. Shucks. Anyway, did you ask her because I..."
>One of Kis's hooves moves to her chest and she swallows nervously,
>"Was in that meeting?"
>You nod,
>"Ah... Suppose that makes sense enough... Well, anyway, thanks for your efficient work, as always! I hope to see you soon!"
>She then motions to the door and smiles, waiting for you.

>input action
>>
>>26592040
Were we a more observant mare, we may have picked up on her reaction when referring to the meeting.

Say goodbye to her and let's head on home to Tally.
>>
>>26592040
Thanks Kis. See you later.
>>
>>26592057
>>26592105
"Well, thanks Kis. See ya later!"
>She nods happily, quickly pulling back to her normal self.
>"Alrighty! Guess I'll see you tomorrow!"
>You then head out of the office and into the back room, and from there into the bar.
>Just as you exit the back room, you hear a thump and a loud
>"Oof!"
>From a male voice, then the sound of a door clicking shut.
>You pay it no mind.

>Late morning is another of those emptier times for a city, but less so than last night.
>A good deal of ponies are still out and about, but most have gone in to work, and the morning rush has recently ended.
>Tally awaits your return eagerly at home, sitting on the couch and chomping away at an ice cream sandwich, listening to the radio.
>"Hey Sharp!"
>She says happily as you trot inside, shoving the last of the sandwich into her mouth and swallowing it down.
>"Is your job all set? I imagine so... Should we go see Rye or Willow first? And, y'know, we need something to do today."

>input action

Pausing here for a few hours.
>>
>>26592360
We should get Rye on our way to see Willow's dance thing.
>>
>>26592498
Seconding this.
>>
Bumping with even numbers.
>>
>>26594336
Bump with heathen odd numbers.
>>
>>26595129
Bump that is unacceptable no matter what its digits, because it is the third bump.
>>
>>26592498
>>26593380
"I guess we could go see Willow's dance thing, pick Rye up on the way."
>"I don't think we have tickets for today though... I guess we could try and get some at the booth, but is the play itself even open?"
>You shrug,
"They might cost a bit more, but I'm sure we'll be fine."
>Tally bites her lip,
>"Meh, I suppose we'll be fine... You've got bits, right?"
>You nod,
>"Good. Guess we'll be going to get Rye then..."
>Tally mumbles, and the two of you make an exit to the door.

>Rye lives in an apartment building, an even crappier one than yours manages to be.
>A single room apartment on one of the topmost floors, he sure must get a workout going up and down every day.
>You and Tally stand outside and ring his doorbell, the small 'ding dong' ringing out from inside.
>From inside there's a muffled "Coming..."
>And Rye opens the door to the two of you.
>For a brief moment you spot the inside of his apartment, which you admit, isn't pretty.
>There's clothes everywhere on the floor, his mattress lies bare, but before you can take a closer look, the door shuts and Rye pops out, grinning nervously.
>"O-OH! Hey guys! W-What are you doing out and about? I-I mean that's good and all but I didn't expect it! From you two!"

>input action
>>
>>26596445
Oh, I wasn't expecting to actually go to her show right now since we have tickets for another day.

I just wanted to pick her up after whatever she's doing.
>>
>>26596445
We were thinking about going to see Willow, though maybe just after her show if we can't get in. Maybe we could go eat first?

Did you want to come?
>>
>>26596523
Ah. That wan't very clear, sorry. The show isn't even today, as Willow's in rehearsal for it. You could pick her up after if you like.
>>
>>26596561
Yeah, I made the same mistake.
>>
>>26596556
"We were thinking about going to see Willow at her play, or pick her up from rehearsal whenever she finishes. But maybe go eat first?"
>You say, questioning both Rye and Tally.
>"O-Oh! Sure! I'd be down to go eat!"
>Rye nods, as does Tally, and the three of you head out from his crappy apartment in search of a restaurant.
>But where should you go?
>Or at least what type of food are you looking for?

>input action
>>
>>26596832
We seem to enjoy sweets and carbs, at least so far and booze.
>>
>>26596832
Hayburgers?
>>
>>26596832
Subhay
>>
>>26596866
>>26596901
>>26596907
>You all decide on something cheap, easy and fast.
>Subhay.
>Sandwich place, quick and simple.
>You end up getting a hooflong "Veggie Delight," a bag of plain chips and a cookie, Tally a Tuna sandwich, salt and vinegar chips and a soda, and Rye a small cheese and salad type thing with a water of his own.
>It's dirt cheap, and the three of you sit down to scarf it down and enjoy your afternoon meal.
>Now sitting, Tally pops open her sandwich and lays a few of the chips inside, before closing it back up and taking a large bite
>"So good..."
>She muffles through her bite, Rye looking on with a bit of disgust.
>After staring in awed horror for a few moments, he shakes himself back to reality and sighs,
>"So, how are you two doing? You guys should have told me you were coming over, wouldn't have had to see my travesty of an apartment that way..."
>He takes a small bite out of his sandwich and sips his water,
>"I also don't think I'll be able to stay out late with you guys tonight... I have the night shift at the castle, and it sure is a pain."

>input action
>>
>>26597017
Yuck. What do they have you doing?
>>
>>26596901
>food that's all mixed together
Heathen. We need orderly food.
>>
>>26597017
I don't think Sharp could do the night shift. She's get an odd number of hours to sleep and be cranky for days.
>>
>>26597017
>Tally eats meat

Scary.
>>
>>26597017
>Tally pops open her sandwich and lays a few of the chips inside, before closing it back up and taking a large bite
Tally is my nigga.
>>
>>26597017
>salt and vinegar chips and a soda
Other than the Tuna, Tally sounds like a mare of good taste.

Is the fish a lesbian reference?
>>
>>26597030
>>26597035
>>26597036
>>26597037
>>26597063
>>26597092
>After a few uncomfortable looks towards Tally's sandwich (which she also is too engrossed in at the moment to properly respond), you sigh and turn back to Rye.
>While you speak, you remove each and every chip from the bag and stack them in a neat pile, loosely sorted by surface area, then place them next to the sandwich which you begin eating in fourths.
>You leave the cookie for the moment.
"Night shift? That's rough. I doubt I could do anything on the night shift. I always try to fit in at least eight hours in a regular schedule, and staying up late would throw that all off. I'd be cranky for like... Three or five days."
>Rye nods,
>"And the day crew normally leaves all the really painful jobs for us, most of the garbage duty, clogged toilets, making sure palace guards on the night shift don't scuff up the floors with their lances... Ugh."
>He shoves another piece of his sandwich into his mouth and chews deliberately.
>Meanwhile, you've counted your chip pile (43 chips), and have begun sorting them into piles with an equal amount of each size (Large, medium and small) in each pile.
>After each fourth of the sandwich you scarf, you plan to eat a pile, then alternate until nothing remains.
>Tally however, continues stuffing her sandwich with chips, which prompts a good deal of disgust from you.
>"And since the princesses are having some important event soon, we're working like double duty round the clock to help set up. Princesses aren't too big on overtime either, so it's not like I'm getting much extra for all this either... Ah well."

>input action
>>
>>26597150
Isn't that, like, illegal? Or are you on a salary?

But what event's coming up?
>>
>>26597150
Eithe nab one of Tally's chips or slide on of ours to her so we're even.
>>
>>26597166
>To distract Tally as you nab one of her chips, you continue the conversation.
"Isn't that illegal?"
>Rye shakes his head,
>"Fixed salary baby, nothing I can do about it."
"Huh... Well that sucks."
>"You bet sister..."
>He says sorrowfully, cracking his neck a little as he takes another few bites,
"So what's this big event?"
>"Some political thing for stuck up cunts that starts on Monday, I don't really know. Negotiations over trade and just a general summit to discuss stuff like the ongoing conflict between the griffons and Cloudsdale over rainbow production."
>You snicker a little at that, as does Rye,
>Tally however, looks up, maybe even a little worried
>"Sorry to butt in, but are you doing alright Rye? Meant to ask before, but this sandwich and its deliciousness is just carrying me off kicking and screaming..."
>Rye scrunches up a little,
>"I-It's fine Tally, I'm managing. You uh, did get that right though... Feeling a little purposeless right now. Insignificant. You know?"
>Tally muffles through another bite,
>"Hoh, you fucking bet. Remember what me and Sharp had just been going thorough?"
>At this Rye shrinks back a little, a guilty expression of realization on his face.

>input action
>>
>>26597355
Things are looking up, though.

I have work and Tally had a job interview yesterday. Isn't that right?
>>
>>26597355
Well you're important to us Rye, so don't let work drag you down.
Things will get better, you just gotta stay positive, maybe try some new things.
>>
>>26597371
>>26597395
"Well, you're important to us Rye, so don't let work drag you down. And hey! Things are looking up for us Tally, aren't they!"
>You say cheerfully as you chomp down the first of your chip piles,
>"Oh, certainly! I got a job interview for the first time in a few years yesterday, hooves crossed!"
>Rye gives a weak smile,
>"I hope it goes well..."
"Maybe you should just try some new stuff! Stay positive, you know!"
>Rye laughs a little,
>"I have my own ways of coping, it's really just fine guys..."
>He chuckles weakly,
>"Live life one day at a time..."
>You're now starting on your second pile of chips, and everyone seems to be about halfway through their meal.

>input action
>>
Let me fix this prompt
>>26597575
>From there, conversation pauses as the three of you chomp down your meal.
>Your cookie is divided into eights after the sandwich itself is eaten, with you handing two slices to Tally, two to Rye, and keeping for yourself.
>Yum.
>After a few minutes of silence, the three of you stand and trash your lunch before heading back out onto the streets.
>Rye looks to the sky and rubs the back of his head,
>"It seems like it's about 1... Anything you guys want to do to kill an afternoon?"
>Tally shrugs.
>"Going back home and lying around for a while sounds pretty damn good right now, but if you guys want to go try something until Willow gets out or something I'm fine with that."
>Rye raises an eyebrow,
>"You guys like bowling?"

>input action
>>
>>26597808
Sure.
>>
>>26597808
lel, I had meant to post >>26597168
again...

I don't like the balls with three holes...
Skeeves me out. Do they have smooth balls?
>>
>>26597834
Just had to cater to griffons and young dragons, didn't they?
>>
>>26597808
I'd like to try! Do they have Earth pony bowling balls, though? Because I absolutely CANNOT use one of those balls with the holes in them.
>>
>>26597575
It's late. Don't make me think.
>>26597808
Thank you, Aight. Bowling sounds lovely.
>>
>>26597898
Beat me to it

>>26597834
>>26597814
>>26597934
>>26598052
"Well, I get a little skittish around those three holed balls... Do they have earth pony ones? Smooth ones?"
>Rye rubs his mane,
>"I think so... There was some controversy about that a while ago, and how they were saying everyone would have to use the three holed ones. Something about being unfair to dragons and griffons in competitions, and about racism."
"T-That's absurd! What about ponies who are morally opposed to three holed balls!"
>You stammer, nervous about the future of bowling,
>Rye shrugs,
>"I don't know what to say Sharp, I don't know..."

>Thankfully, they do have smooth balls.
>The alley itself consists of a good few lanes, a bar, and an arcade, where a few colts are furiously slamming away at the multitude of arcade games offered.
>The three of you settle in for a game and make small talk, Tally slipping and sliding about on the floor in her bowling shoes,
>"Never can get any traction in these things!"
>Are her last words before slamming her face onto the polished wood floor.

>You find yourself doing rather well!
>You sit comfortably in the middle of your trio, Tally bottoming, Rye topping.
>However, that quickly changes once you notice Tally begin using a three holed ball.
>Coordination drops, everything begins to slip up, and you quickly fall behind Tally to last place.
>Do you have any ideas on how to pull ahead?
>It's the sixth frame at the moment, Rye stands at 53, Tally at 39, and you at 28.

>input action
>>
>>26598102
28 is such a good number though.

Focus on something else, something even.

Then fuck it all up when you hit 9 on the first part of a frame. Because then you'll have to hit 1.

Two odds!
>>
>>26598102
Visualize the pins, and how important it is to make them end up evenly. If you only knock down some of them, odds are it will be asymmetrical. And worse, there may be an odd number left. Knocking them all down is the only option. Think about the straight orderly line the ball should follow, right down the middle. Never veering to either side, always in the right place. Just like you. You ARE the ball, Sharpie.

And if that doesn't work, covertly show Tally your butt to distract her during her shots.
>>
>>26598102
Are you going to let Tally's ODD ball beat your EVEN one? Zero is an objectively better number than three. You must defend zero's honor.
>>
File: pocket.jpg (6 KB, 180x177) Image search: [Google]
pocket.jpg
6 KB, 180x177
>>26598167
>Think about the straight orderly line the ball should follow, right down the middle. Never veering to either side, always in the right place.
This is how you get splits, moron.
what you want to do is hit the pocket via a very slight curve.

>>covertly show Tally your butt to distract her during her shots.
Now that's just mean. Fuck you anon, you dumb and cruel
>>
>>26598102
>You sit comfortably in the middle of your trio, Tally bottoming, Rye topping
Lewd.
>>
>>26598189
>very slight curve.
Maybe if you're a limp-wristed pussy. Real men crank that shit. I go out over the 6th board, let it sit nice and firm on 2nd, then that bitch comes in hard on the back-end and let me tell you, there's nothing more satisfying than sand-bagging a strike with a shot like that.
>>
>>26598189
The first part was literally based on the "just throw the ball straight" line from the show since I have no idea how actual bowling works. The second part was a joke and not intended seriously. I doubt Sharpie would even be able to think of that, let alone do it. No need to get so angry about it.
>>
>>26598213
>Maybe if you're a limp-wristed pussy. Real men crank that shit.
Assuming the rest of your post is true, which it is not, Sharp is pretty much the definition of "limp wristed pussy"

>>26598215
>The first part was literally based on the "just throw the ball straight" line from the show since I have no idea how actual bowling works.
So don't comment on shit you don't know anything about?
>The second part was a joke and not intended seriously
Joke posts that the QM accepts aren't jokes. You should clarify. I don't want Sharp being needlessly cruel to Tally.
>>
>>26598213
This one. His method sounds like more fun out of the two anons who sound like they know something about bowling.
>>
>>26598237
I was just trying to give her a pep talk. At the time that I posted that nobody that looked like they knew any bowling technique had made any posts yet. If you had posted yours first, I wouldn't have posted mine. Please don't get so upset about this.

>>26598102
Aight, the last line of >>26598167 was intended as a joke. I just want to mention this since >>26598189 thought I meant it seriously.
>>
>>26598238
Fine, whatever.
I suppose Sharp won't much mind an 8 split anyway
>>
File: 1455231813159.jpg (62 KB, 547x558) Image search: [Google]
1455231813159.jpg
62 KB, 547x558
Sharpy remembers it's a friendly game with her friends and just throws the ball at the pins some more.
>>
>>26598269
Fucking this. It's not worth getting bent out of shape or attacking each other over.
>>
>>26598269
Changing my vote to this also. I was the guy who suggested >>26598167 initially, but it was not well received and I like "just throws the ball at the pins some more" better anyway.
>>
>>26598115
>>26598167
>>26598183
>>26598238
>You take a deep breath as you walk to the lane.
>Think happy thoughts Sharp, happy thoughts.
>Twin popsicles!
>Twins!
>Synchronized swimming!
>Partner skating!
>An organized medicine cabinet!
>And the like flash through your mind as you send the ball straight down the lane like a rocket.
>Knocking down 9 pins.
>Your heart stops.
>From behind, you hear
>"Great throw!"
>and
>"Holy shit Sharpie!"
>But you are less infatuated with this success.
>A lonseome pin stands at attention, mocking your failure.
>The machine sets back up for your next throw, and evens flash through your mind as you chuck the ball with extreme prejudice.

>Gutterball.
>You wail in futility, now concerned with how you'd need another odd to even your score again.
>A few ponies give you strange looks, but you couldn't care less about them right now.
>37?!
>Disgusting...

>This turn, you innocently distract Tally by slurping a soda, which throws her off enough to only net her one pin this frame.
>She doesn't notice your little trick though, leaving her only mildly disgruntled at her scoring.
>It brings her both below you and to an even number.
>Mission accomplished.
>But soon enough, your turn rolls around again, and the ten little devils in front of you resume their laughter.
>How will you bring your score back to an even number?
>An even number won't cut it this time, so no accidental striking, you need an odd to fix everything now.
>Who'd've thought!

>And while this is just a friendly match of bowling, you do want to keep your score even, even if it puts you in a losing position.
>It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and if you wanted to just sit back and enjoy time with your friends, you could at any time with only minor discomfort.

>input action
>>
>>26598311
Obviously we just need to do the exact same thing again.
>>
>>26598311
Winning isn't the concern, it's keeping the score even dammit.

Do what we did last time, if we're able to channel that once more we'll get another 9.
>>
>tfw missed the session
Fug
Bump
>>
>>26599110
Are my sessions starting too late for most people? I'm considering trying to start around 5 PST instead.

>>26598328
>>26598331
>You try again, like last time.
>Pairs and quartets rush quietly through your mind, and you let out a deep breath.
>It's showtime.
>You send the ball flying down the alley and straight into the middle of the pins, cracking the front one head on.
>The pins then smash together wih a rather satisfying thump, leaving behind only 1 soldier on the battlefield.
>But he lives to see another day.
>To keep your score at a zero, you throw the ball into the gutter instead of the lane.
>You watch it, relieved, as the ball clunks into the back, missing its target.
>Rye and Tally both give you odd looks as you return to your seat, elated.
>46...
>What a nice number.

>The rest of the afternoon passes in a blur.
>You play three games total, Rye winning all three, and you and Tally trading places back and forth for second and third the other times.
>Thankfully, you emded up third twice and second once.
>That's at least one even number in yor standing either way!
>The three of you now return your bowling shoes and head back out into the streets.
>The sun is significantly lower now, but the tail end of afternoon is still clinging on to his ledge, praying to Celestia evening doesn't show up anytime soon.
>Tally breaks the silence as the three of you look to the deep blue sky.
>"So, think we should grab Willow yet? I don't know how late rehearsals for plays go, d'you guys think she'd be out yet?"

>input action
>>
>>26598189
Those bowling balls that most people rent when they bowl are awful for curving.

You really need the right ball to curve it well.

At least, that's what my dad told me about five years back when he joined a team and got a custom ball.
>>
>>26599980
We can certainly go check.
>>
>>26599980
I dunno, wouldn't hurt to check.
>>
>>26600020
>>26600024
"I dunno, wouldn't hurt to check I guess."
>You say cluessly, and Rye concurs.
>Tally knows where the theatre is, so you and Rye both flock behind to follow, and your fearless leader pushes on through the urban landscape.
>Once you arrive, Tally inquires about rehersal, and is informed that the actors get an early night on Fridays, so they'd be out soon enough.
>Now left with a few minutes and nothing to do, Tally breaks the ice.
>"So Rye... How's sailing? Had any luck with it recently?"
>He shakes his head,
>"No, it's been a few months since I've been out on the water... My guys over in the west have been trying to get me to come out and fish with them as of late, but I just haven't had the time... What have you guys been doing? Any hobbies you enjoy Sharp? I know Tally's got a thing for mini-golf and bit-collecting..."

>input action
>>
>>26600132
Eh, not really. Maybe I should start collecting glass figurines or something.
>>
>>26600132
Is cleaning a hobby?
>>
>>26600176
>>26600166
"Unless you count cleaning as a hobby, I don't think I have any... Maybe I should start getting those little glass figurines. Lay them out in the sun, polish them every so often, watch how the light reflects off them..."
>Both Rye and Tally chuckle at this, which sends you into a small defensive stance,
"H-Hey, I like the little glass ponies, alright? Y-You guys don't have to, m-maybe I want a little model of Princess Twilight or something to keep on my window sill."
>This sends another round of laughter about, and you end up just flushing bright red and stepping back from the conversation.
>"Aw, but I'd say cleaning is a hobby Sharp..."
>Rye says apologetically,
>"Just with you guys pressed for bits right now, glass figurines may not be the most effictive use of your money..."

>input action
>>
>>26600279
Yeah, they are kind of expensive.

Maybe when we both have jobs and are out of debt, then maybe.
>>
>>26600279
I could afford a little one.
>>
>>26600279
At least just a Twilight. She speaks to me.

>>26599980
>spoiler
I don't know about everyone else, but I'd be thrilled with that.
>>
>>26600380
Earlier is better for me too.
>>
>>26600380
Yeah, better to run a bit early than a bit late. Moving earlier in the day just means people will be playing earlier, but moving later in the day means some people will already be heading to bed. Personally, I end up having to go to bed in the middle of most of the sessions.
>>
>>26600279
Trip.

>>26600301
>>26600353
>>26600380
"M-Maybe just a little one. A Twilight. She speaks to me."
>Rye nods approvingly,
>"Well, she does seem to be the one I think you'd identify with best... Maybe just as a good luck charm, you could keep her."
>Tally then raises an eyebrow, then whispers into your ear, giggling
>"I think you've got a ladyboner for Twi..."
>She says in a falsely, jokingly sultry voice, most likely just trying to get a rise out of you.
>Still, doesn't mean it didn't work a little.

>input action
>>
>>26600473
So what? She's the best princess, so organized and hardworking, and I bet her dragon helps her keep that whole castle spic and span.

I bet her castle's library would be the pinnacle of the Dewey decimal system. Not a single book out of place...
>>
>>26600473
There's nothing wrong with liking the most organized princess.
Normal liking I mean!
>>
>>26600473
>forgetting your trip again
Classic cyborg! Wait, no. Nevermind.
>>
>>26600503
Say all of this but start trailing off near the end as you imagine how organized her library is
Maybe start drooling at end for added effect
>>
>>26600614
This. I love our socially inept spaghetti horse.
>>
>>26600503
>>26600518
>>26600614
>>26600648
"Well, so what? She's the best princess, organized, hard working, and I bet that little dragon of hers keeps everything spic and span. There's nothing wrong with liking somepony as organized as that! W-Well normal liking.
>After a second of getting a nonplussed look from Tally, you continue.
"Well, and I'd imagine her library is a marvel of the, uh... D-Dewey Decimal S-System..."
>You say, trailing off towards the end of that sentence.
>In your mind you visualize her library around you, each shelf meticulously marked and organized, and everything put back in it's proper place after use.
>Even thinking about how many books she'd organized, and to such a marvelous degree gets you a little hot under the collar.
"A-Anyway! I-It's not like that Tally, I respect her for being such a tidy pony. That's all."
>Tally giggles again, a little tinkling laugh,
>"Whatever you say Sharp, I know you'll always have a special place in your heart for her."

>Willow is soon out of the theatre, along with a few actors.
>A stallion is fawning over her at the moment, but as soon as she sees the three of you, she brushes him off to come see you.
>"Hey guys! I-I wasn't expecting you guys, you know the show doesn't start until Thursday next week, right?"
>Tally nods,
>"Oh, we know! Just wanted to come see you and take you out to dinner maybe! After that just hang and chat, maybe get a few drinks. Sound good?"
>Willow snorts,
>"Knowing you Tally, it'll be more than a few, but I'm certainly happy to join. Anywhere you guys had in mind, or are we just going to hang out at your guys's home? I know some fancy restaurants, but none of you are really the type I'd think would enjoy that sort of thing..."

>input action
>>
>>26600709
Hmmmmm, how about something in the middle, like a diner or something?
>>
>>26600709
We can go somewhere a little more casual.
There must be some casual restaurants in the area.
>>
>>26600773
>>26600835
Considering how we're trying to save money and work off our debt, maybe we should eat out less. A diner or something cheap might be okay, if Willow is okay slumming it, but otherwise I'd say we would be better off heading home and just cooking.
>>
>>26600980
I agree.
>>
>>26600980
Plus we probably have a really well organized kitchen and spice drawer that we love using.
>>
File: have pan, will slam.png (107 KB, 711x907) Image search: [Google]
have pan, will slam.png
107 KB, 711x907
>>26601088
>organized spice drawer
>>
File: image.jpg (615 KB, 1452x1935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
615 KB, 1452x1935
>>26601088
Alpha-fucking-betical. Believe it or not, that note actually already existed in there.
>>
>>26601150
>black pepper under p
>gumbo filé under f
Do adjectives not count?
>>
File: image.png (81 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81 KB, 300x300
>>26601189
They most certainly do not, you filthy odd number lover.
>>
>>26600773
>>26600835
>>26600980
>>26601055
>>26601088
"I'm thinking a little more casual... There's got to be something like that around here. And anyway, I'd be fine with just heading home and cooking for you all. We don't have a whole lot, but enough."
>To your surprise, everyone seems to like the idea of eating in.
>Willow's thinking privacy, Tally your cooking and the money saved, and Rye doesn't seem to care that much.
>Win win for everyone you guess.

>It's a short trot back home from the theatre, and everyone crowds into your small kitchen to take a seat.
>It really makes the apartment feel alive, conversations flying and bouncing around the room as you flick on the stove.
>You're in charge of food tonight.
>In the fridge you've got milk, a couple bags of lettuce, a single eggplant, a pair of red bell peppers, some tomatoes, a few fruits, cheese, canned salmon, eggs, a six pack of cheap beer, various condiments and the quarantine corner.
>You shudder just looking at it.
>You could also probably go shopping soon, it's been a while.
>In the cupboards, there's a few cans of soup and beans, half eaten family bags of various chip flavors, pasta, and a whole lot of tea.
>Next, you pop open your small spice/herb drawer and take in the smell.
>You don't have much, but it's a start.
>They're sorted alphabetically, Allspice, Bay Leaves, Basil, Lemon zest, Salt, Pepper, and Vanilla Bean.
>You've got a few ideas already, but is there anything in particular you'd like to cook with?

>input action
>>
>>26601226
Fu/ck/ yeah, let's do this.
>>
>>26601226
>eggplant, tomatos, pasta
Eggplant parmasean anyone?
>>
>>26601295
This.
>>
>>26601295
Yeah, we have everything we need, assuming there's a bit of bread somewhere we can shred for the crumbs. We got the eggs, cheese, basil, salt, etc, and the main ingredients you mentioned too.
>>
>>26601295
We should also make side salads with the lettuce and veggies that we aren't using. Go all out.
>>
And now we have to wait while Aight googles "eggplant parmesan".
>>
>>26601295
>>26601305
>>26601327
>>26601336
>You decide on eggplant parmesan with some pasta and a side salad, something you think everyone could appreciate.
>May as well go all out for your friends, right?
>You grab eight pieces of bread (which you always keep next to the toaster), and begin shredding it into a bowl to work as makeshift breadcrumbs, then leave them for the moment.
>After this, you mix up a couple eggs into a small bowl and slice the eggplant into four pieces, dipping them inside the egg mixture.
>While they do this, you prepare the tomatoes next to it, squeezing out the seeds and squishing the pulp before throwing it into a pot with some oil and a bay leaf.
>You'd like to throw some garlic in there, but sadly don't have access at the moment.
>Ah well.

>While both those critical pieces of the meal rest, you retrieve four bowls from the cupboard and begin crafting side salads for everyone, lettuce, bell peppers and spinach all evenly distributed and sliced to perfection.
>Simple and easy, you toss them each six times, then add some of the bigger bread hunks and sprinkle some salt and pepper in.
>With those tasty salads finished, you check the stove once again and take off the sauce, then remove the eggplants from their bath.
>After dipping these slices in a good amount of breadcrumbs, you place them in a pan and cover them with tomato sauce, then parmesan, then breadcrumbs again, repeating this process a few times to create some layers.
>Now the pasta goes onto the stove, along with the remnants of the tomato sauce to reduce and even up the cooking station's pot usage (either two pots simmering or no pots simmering).
>After neatly placing two basil leaves onto each eggplant, you push the meal into the oven and relax, pasta bubbling on the stove, salads at the ready to be served, and eggplants baking in the oven.
>Your friends are having a chat at the table, so what do you do now?

>input action

Pausing here until tonight.
>>
>>26601892
Tell them dinner is going to be ready in X minutes. Tell them you're really excited about it, since it has two parts.
>>
Should we serve the salads now as starters or later as sides?
>>
>>26602599
Serve them together so people have options, but as far as we go we're not starting one until we finish the other.
>>
>>26602653
Sharp might spew spaghetti, but she does know that only she seems to care about these things.

I doubt she'd push that on her friends.
>>
>>26602695
I think he just meant she'd eat hers separate regardless of serving times.
>>
>>26602725
That I did. Alternating between spinach and lettuce leaves and taking just a little bit more salad if one runs out before the other.
>>
>>26604168
>>
>>26604958
>>
I want tally to touch Sharpie's butt.
>>
>>26606623
P-platonically.
>>
>>26606623
>Tally touches Sharpie's butt
>"Oh, hi there, Tally!" says Sharp. "What are you touching my butt for?"
>Tally slowly pulls her hoof back, disappointed.
'I don't know why I expected anything other than that to happen,' she thinks glumly.
>>
File: 1456689616247.jpg (112 KB, 630x576) Image search: [Google]
1456689616247.jpg
112 KB, 630x576
>>26606723
>>
>>26606723
>"Tally, you've been looking for fleas for an hour now."
>"Gotta make sure Sharpy"
>"And you're sure this type only live on flanks"
>"Yup. Yes. Absolutely."
>>
>>26607000
All she'd have to say is that she saw three fleas on Shap's butt and Sharp would let her look as long as she wanted.
>>
>>26602143
>>26602599
>>26602653
"Alright guys, dinner will be served in around 15 minutes, and it has two parts, so I'm really excited for it!"
>Everyone quiets down for a moment while you bring over the salads, and conversation stops while munching begins.
>You however, leave the salad and return to the stove.
>Can't eat just one course at a time, that'd be silly.
>Eventually, their conversation and banter starts back up again, but for the most part you ignore it, focused on both your pasta and eggplant parm.
>After the 15 minute mark, you drain the pasta and retrieve the baking pan from the oven, placing each eggplant onto its own plate.
>You then add a side of pasta to each plate and dribble the remaining tomato sauce over them.

>Meal complete, it's time for presentation.
>Presentation is everything...
>The real trouble here is getting two plates over to the table at a time, which is an absolute pain without Tally's magical help.
>But you refuse to ask for help here, and after a good deal of painful balancing, get each pair over to the table with no destruction of crockery.
>There's giggling all around at your antics, but you won yourself a personal victory here today.
>The conversation quiets down once again as Rye, Tally and Willow dig into your meal, but you find yourself with both the salad and eggplant at the ready.
>Which shall you devour first, and in what fashion?

>input action
>>
>>26607327
Salad first. Any other method is heresy.

Eat biggest to smallest. Lettuce, spinach, peppers.
It's the only way we can be sure pieces of the food weren't hiding underneath beds of lettuce and spinach.
>>
>>26607327
Salad first. Alternate so flavor is evenly distributed throughout the meal. One lettuce leaf, one spinach leaf, one lettuce leaf, one pepper. Repeat. Also note that this pattern is four elements long, and accommodates the greater percentage of lettuce in a salad.
>>
>>26607364
>You first dig in to the salad, mentally sorting the lettuce, spinach and peppers to eat in that order.
>For a moment, you have a panic attack while inspecting a certain green, unable to discern if it is a ripped piece of lettuce or spinach, but eventually decide on lettuce and eat it last.
>That way, it was either the last of the lettuce, or the first of the spinach.
>After the spinach is the peppers, which go down easily.
>Conversation begins to spark up, starting with,
>"Sharp, this really is divine..."
>Willow mumbling after a bite.
>Tally, eloquent as always, speaks with a mouthful of spaghetti hanging from her mouth.
>"Uhuh! Pharp, this ish wreally good!"
>You blush a little at the complements, then turn to Rye, who gives a goodnatured and satisfied nod before returning to his dinner.
>Now finished with your salad, you decide to try out the eggplant yourself, but in what fashion?
>At the table, conversation now starts back up again, starting with Willow,
>"So, you all do plan to see the play, right?"

>input action
>>
>>26607530
Of course! Wouldn't miss it.
Kis is totally gonna make is miss it.
>>
>>26607530
I wonder if Willow knows that musician we were supposed to strongarm.

I mean if we could get some dirt on her from Willow and then use that against her we could do that job...
>>
>>2660755
>Sharp grins,
"Of course! Tally and I wouldn't miss it for anything!"
>You say cheerfully, pulling a rather surprised Tally into a hug.
>Of course, the logical section of your mind quickly runs through a list of possibilities that would in fact make you miss it, but the one that jumps to the forefront of your mind is
>"Kis might though..."
>Nothing you can do about work though.
>Work is work.
>Conversation quiets back down again, but you still haven't taken a bite of your eggplant.
>How should you start?

>input action

>>26607590
That job was supposed to be tonight. You've already missed your window.
>>
>>26607555
>>26607731
Whup
>>
>>26607731
Ah, well, I seemed to be the only player willing to risk it for that job anyway.

As for the eggplant, we should slice it into 8 strips, then each of those into 4 bites.
Then eat two of the 32 bites at a time.
>>
>>26607760
I approve. Powers of two are the best numbers, because they're all evens compounded on evens compounded on evens.
>>
>>26607760
>>26607987
>While the others chomp away messily at their meals, you take a more organized approach.
>Your eggplant is cut into 8 slices, and from there into 4 bites each.
>With 32 little nuggets of eggplant, tomato, bread and parmesan on your plate, you stab each piece in pairs and chow down.
>After that, you slurp down your spaghetti, making sure to finish it in exactly 12 bites, then sit back in your chair and pat your belly, everyone else seeming to finish at about the same time.
>Now, without prompting of her own, Tally stands from the table and stretches, grabbing the six pack from the fridge and slamming it down on the table.
>"4 ponies, 6 cans. So how does this one work out Sharp?"
>Tally says with a smirk

>input action

I swear this is the last OCD related prompt for a little while. Probably.
>>
>>26608102
One and a half each. Shouldn't be too hard with actual glasses, which I think this meal deserves, don't you?
>>
>>26608102
OCD prompts are the best prompts
Two ponies get two and two get one.
Woe to the poor bastards who gets one.
>>
>>26608102
I've got it! There are 12 ounces in a beer can, easily divided into 6 ounce servings.

Pour them out into actual glasses so each pony gets 18 ounces.
>>
>>26608102
>spoiler
Never apologize for showcasing an interesting character's personality traits.
>>
>>26608113
>>26608120
>>26608129
>Tally thinks she has you, but you've got an ace up your sleeve for this situation.
"Glasses! I think this meal deserves it, doesn't it?"
>You say as you trot over and grab a quartet, placing them gingerly onto the table.
>After that, you grab a measuring cup and pour exactly 18 ounces for each pony at the table, giving Tally the smuggest stare you can muster.
>Defeated, she drains half her cup on the first gulp, while you and the rest of the table decide to take it a little slower.
>Unsurprisingly, Tally is the first to break the quiet.
>"So uh... Rye, you've heard of the Last Laugh, right?"
>He raises an eyebrow.
>"Y-Yeah, I have... Never been, why?"
>Tally grins,
>"Well, our little Sharpie works there now. It's where she's been doing her little errands out of for the last while."
>He snorts,
>"Well, they have an opening Sharp? I might be looking for something a little higher paying, j-just for personal reasons. I've got some stuff to deal with, and the chump change I'm getting from bureaucracy at the moment's pretty much chump change."

>input action

Pausing here for the week, bit of a short session tonight. Cheers!
>>
>>26608325
Have an existential crisis because Sharp and Sharpie have an odd number of letters.

We need to insist on being called Sharpy instead now
>>
>>26608325
"I... could ask"
We're not asking.
>>
>>26608451
This.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.