[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We've been on the ride for a few years now and lots of autistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1452666123572.png (364 KB, 507x469) Image search: [Google]
1452666123572.png
364 KB, 507x469
We've been on the ride for a few years now and lots of autistic shit has happened along the way.

My question to faggots is have you changed as a person since you got on the ride and, if so, was it because of the ride?

Personally when I joined I was like all those other faggots who thought bronies were the special new thing, challenging society and that shit. Then I came to /mlp/ and slowly grew to despise the rest of this shitty fandom.

I'm a lot more confident in myself now than I ever was and I like to think being on the ride helped in that, a little. Made me accept that sometimes you're just into really stupid shit and you shouldn't give a fuck about what others think, but you shouldn't push it in their faces either like an autist.
>>
>>26115796
Not at all. What did change me a lot was 4chan as a whole since i found myself here 6 years ago
>>
>>26115796
MLP didn't change me much imo. Well, it made me more cynical, but I was already a cynic to start with. I also sometimes think I've been getting more callous and cruel over the years, but when I happen to stumble upon posts I made on /mlp/ back when I was new to the ride, that thought gets quickly rebuffed.
>>
>>26115796
The show and fandom made me a lot happier and a lot less of an edgelord. I'm glad I got on the ride.
>>
>>26115796
Yeah, i've changed. Mostly due to 4chan in general.
>>
I am the same edgelord I always was.
I was a horsefucker before this show was even a thing.
The show didn't change shit at all.
>>
Around 3 years ago or so I used to be one of those ABB edgelords (Anti-Brony Brotherhood) but then I realized how autistic I am for hating something I have never even seen before. So I watched the first three episodes and found /mlp/ on accident through on the YouTube comments and I fell in love with MLP.

Essentially it made me more self-aware and less of an edgelord. But I'm not gonna lie familia, I still feel there's a good reason to hate bronies. Outside of /mlp/ and a select few forums, most of them are Sonic-tier autistic.
>>
>>26115911
>outside of /mlp/
We're all autistic here too, we just know it.
But why hate bronies? They're happy and they're not hurting anyone, just let them enjoy themselves.
>>
>>26115952
>not hurting anyone

Back when the fandom exploded, they never fucking shut up about how they were changing society and breaking gender conventions.

It just pissed people off and that's probably why they're hated today.
>>
>>26115796
>few years
try 31 years
the only thing that changed for me is that there are others like me and I can share my love for the tiny colorful equines with.

>Made me accept that sometimes you're just into really stupid shit and you shouldn't give a fuck about what others think, but you shouldn't push it in their faces either like an autist.
this is true for all the people who are self aware

>>26116030
they certainly didn't help the fandom out in the beginning

I consider myself a Brony in name only because it means you're a fan of the show who is not within its intended demographic (but I'd never call myself that in public or here)
BUT, I don't push pony stuff in peoples face, nor do I talk about it constantly (outside of /mlp/)
>>
>>26116344
>I consider myself a brony
Even if you don't call yourself that here, you are still cancer now.
Either you drop the stupid names that are associated with the cancer or you are cancer too, because that's what normals do
>hurr hurr follow the mass to fit in
>>
>>26116373
not my fault they are the ones that ruined the name
as I said, it's only by definition
>>
>>26115796
>My question to faggots is have you changed as a person since you got on the ride and, if so, was it because of the ride?
I no longer care about relationships with girls, and in general am much happier and less depressed. Most non horse friends who know me don't "get" my infatuation with the show but most seem to agree I've become a much less angry and antagonistic person in the years past since I got on the ride, so overall I'd say it's been nothing but a positive influence on me

>Then I came to /mlp/ and slowly grew to despise the rest of this shitty fandom.
It's funny cause I'm sort of the opposite...the first part of the fandom I ever contacted after getting into the show was /mlp/, and for quite a while was my only exposure to other fans. As time went by and I saw more sides of the fandom I slowly grew to hate /mlp/ for being a bunch of edgy try hards who hate fun like 70% of the time and are generally more autistic than the people who just enjoy the show without trying to make it anything more than a fun kids show
>>
Ponies didn't save me or make me a man. They were just a great catalyst.

Exposure to the mildly unique shitstorms and pissing and moaning in the fandom made me ask myself questions about people in general. I went through a long road of changes until I finally pulled my head out of my ass and realized how simplistic reality itself is.

Now my head is above the water, I like myself, shame is an alien feeling to me, and my main hobby is prying people open so I can help them feel this way too.
>>
>>26115796
>My question to faggots is have you changed as a person since you got on the ride and, if so, was it because of the ride?
I'm more autistic than before.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.