[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 43
Post your theories, no matter how autistic they are
>>
It's less a theory and more based around extended universe stuff: apparently all of the non-pony races of Equestria prefer Princess Luna over Celestia. Manticores, zebras, and dragons all prefer talking to her over Celestia and Luna even knows some of their languages.
>>
>>25720114
celestia is hiding the portals to equestria high and cybertron
>>
>>25720125
evidence?
>>
>>25720114
Once the mane six are gone, Spike is going to move north to have a newfound purpose as the guardian of the Crystal Empire
>>
>>25720147
Journal of the Two Sisters mentions it, and so does the Luna chapter book. One was written by AKR and the other GM Berrow.
>>
>>25720114
Trixie is related to Starswirl
It's why she has to feel superior to all other ponies
>>
>>25720114
I propose that Pinkie Pie is some sort of eldritch abomination in pony form, the spawn of of a threeway between Yog-Sothoth, Shub-Niggurath, and Nyarlathotep. Meaning she's adopted.
>>
That Lyra and Bon Bon hold hooves
>>
>>25720252
An intriguing suggestion. Safe, comfortable, and not autistic in the slightest.

I endorse your pleasant and inoffensive head canon, anon.
>>
>>25720235
That would actually be kind of awesome.
brb writing autistic green
>>
>>25720196
And then he gets crystal wings
>>
>>25720299
GET OUT OF MY HEAD
>>
>>25720209
Kindness was one of the three Elements Luna used to bear.
>>
File: 1419028093510.png (272 KB, 796x527) Image search: [Google]
1419028093510.png
272 KB, 796x527
Do ponies have preferences?

I noticed in the show that some of the pony races seem to keep to their own race

Pegasus mares seem to not care. I've seen Pegasus mares with every other pony race but hardly the opposite is true for the stallions

Earth pony mares seem to prefer their own but lots of them are seen with unicorn stallions. Earth pony stallions seem to like pegasi

Finally unicorn mares seem to only like unicorn stallions and with a few exceptions you can hardly see them with non-unicorns. Unicorn stallions seem to have it the best.
Only unicorn stallions seem to be able to pull alicorns and are often seen with earth pony mares

And if you bring EQG into the mix
Unicorn mares and unicorn mares that ascend to alicorns seem to prefer Human males
though this is only based on Twilights and Sunset's interaction with Humans

Thoughts?
>>
>>25720323
Spike the Dragon of Harmony

>>25720328
DEEPEST LORE
>>
Cadence is something of a joke in-universe.

Celestia and Luna are not-gods of great importance and incredible power. Twilight ascended to alicorn status because she mastered the impossible.

But Cadence is just sort of there. My theory is that no one is quite sure why she's an alicorn, why she ascended, and that once she became an alicorn there was really nothing for her to do.

Think about it. She was Twilight's babysitter. Who the fuck assigns a god/demigod to watch kids? It makes no sense... unless that demigod literally had nothing better to do.

That's my theory about Cadence: she had nothing better to do, at least until the Crystal Empire reappeared. Celestia must have been so relieved when it showed up, then she could shunt Cadence up there and not have to deal with her any more.

I have a related theory that Luna secretly loathes her. Luna probably buys more into the idea of alicorns as gods/nature spirits, and so she probably sees Cadence as an affront to the natural order. I like to think Luna constantly insults Cadence behind her back, and Celestia has to make sure none of it ever actually reaches Cadence.
>>
>>25720125
>>25720209
Neat
>>
>>25720114
Celestia isn't as nice and benevolent as she appears. Centuries of experience as a leader has allowed her to perfect the craft of manipulation.
>>
Ponies have firearms
Dash clearly knows what a bullet is from the Pet Song
>>
>>25720429
The word bullet was in use long before firearms were invented.
>>
File: 1448939629156.png (140 KB, 478x450) Image search: [Google]
1448939629156.png
140 KB, 478x450
NMM DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>25720420
That's the oldest theory in the book
>>
>>25720442
As in something that can move at supersonic speeds?
>>
>>25720333
Seems to make sense to me, except for including Sunset in the last part. She outright stated that she wasn't into humans at the beginning of RR, explaining that she was just with flash as part of her plans to integrate into and subsequently take over the school.
>>
mlp is just a cartoon show
>>
File: sneezysun.png (669 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
sneezysun.png
669 KB, 2048x1536
Celestia has a photic sneeze reflex
wait thats just autistic headcanon
>>
Applebloom still believes that her parents are just out of town on business. None of the Apple Family can work up the courage to tell her that they are dead.
>>
>>25720490
Considring how applebloom sounded when Applejack told how proud they would be, I doub it
>>
File: 1448728741318.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448728741318.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Twilight and Starlight killed A LOT of kids in the crossfire, but they just got reset anyways
>>
>>25720461
She said she didn't really like Flash
>>
>>25720512
I laughed at this, felt bad that I did, and I blame you, anon.
>>
File: image.png (182 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
182 KB, 500x500
Chrysalis will never be redeemed because she's straight up dead. She got launched so far she probably splattered on the ground like a bug
>>
>>25720551
She can fly, so entirely possible she eventually managed to slow down and come to a safe landing, albeit with a scattered hive.
>>
The whole show is the aftermath of Greek mythology. After the gods and Man fell, the world was left the to children of Pegasus and other mythical beasts. The Tree of Harmony is actually Daphne
>>
Even though it's probably just magic, I'm always thinking there has to be a scientific reasoning behind unicorn magic. So I just think unicorn magic probably fucks around with quantum mechanics to be able to manipulate matter like that. Or it's just magic I suppose.
>>
>>25720730
>>
>>25720730
One of my favorite HiE fics, Arrow 18 Mission Loga, used this concept to explain unicorn and alicorn magic
>>
File: Bardock Super Saiyan.jpg (151 KB, 1682x944) Image search: [Google]
Bardock Super Saiyan.jpg
151 KB, 1682x944
>Dash somehow goes back in time in a future ep
>pre-sisters era
>Performs a sonic rainboom
>She becomes the old legend
>>
>>25720807
https://youtu.be/PjAX6VETEc4
>>
Ponies', for whatever horsey reason, brains evolved to make them naturally break out into song in events that cause a release of chemicals into their brains. The event is usually very emotional or important to them. Ponies have a weird anatomy.
This probably sucks. I'm real tired, bros
>>
>>25720730
You, I like you. I love to rationalize even what is supposed to be impossible to put into scientific terms. There must be a logical explanation for unicorn magic that follows some laws of physics
>>25720429
I would be so happy if firearms like rifles became cannon. Even if a character said moist nugget, that would be enough.
>>
File: pinkie is made of rubber.png (790 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pinkie is made of rubber.png
790 KB, 1280x720
Pinkie Pie ate the Gum Gum Devil Fruit
>>
Alchemy exists, but its a banned practice because alchemists are responsible for spawining a shit load of monsters like manticores, chimeras and basilisks. By dicking around slapping animals together
Equestria has loads of social issues, like bat pones have to live in a different city because as carnivores there not really welcome anywhere else
Alicorns aren't gods, there more like avatars of an elements
Sombra isnt dead
Rainbows mom is firefly
>>
File: 1447564943359.jpg (49 KB, 700x414) Image search: [Google]
1447564943359.jpg
49 KB, 700x414
Last one from me tonight
Pony genitalia exists on the quantum level
It will only exist when there is a need for it. It will not exists if it can be observed by unwilling sexual partners.
This is why Pinkie never pissed herself in Apploosa.
Unfortunately, this reduces the ammount of >rape to a very low number
>>
>>25720512
I watched these scenes in ultra slow motion. I love how much detail you can't even really see they put in there.

also I like to think that these are just stun spells, so they don't kill them outright, but they'll still fall all the way to the ground. Ouch.
>>
>>25720807
>Performs a sonic rainboom
>the other two races see it
>assume the Pegasi have much stronger forces than they've shown
>seeing no way to fight them, they capitulate to them
>the Pegasi rule over and enslave the Unicorns and Earth ponies for thousands of years
>>
>>25720889
Considering how all their spines and necks are bending, they all ate it.
>>
File: 1445912754655.png (390 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1445912754655.png
390 KB, 800x450
>>25720333
Except for that last part
You might be onto something
>>
>>25721195
In my canon it's that all the races have a 50/50 chances of giving birth to any of the three races. So even two unicorns could suddenly get a Pegasus. Only that it's much less likely if the parents are the same race. But e.g. Earth and Pegasus can still get unicorn at random.
>>
Dazlings and Windagos are related specielly
>>
Queen Chrysalis has to be planning something. Revenge against Shining Armor and Cadance using their foal. Maybe scheming to harness the power of the Crystal Heart to bolster herself and her hive.

She could be any character, at any time. The potential the changelings have is basically limitless.

She could've been in Ponyville this entire time, observing Twilight and her friends. Preparing to strike when they are at their most vulnerable, or manipulating everyone around them to cause some events to unfold in her favor.

No matter what her intentions are, she's watching. She's always watching and they'll never know she's there until it's too late.

Also fuck that changeling detection goop/mud/salve shit in the finale. The only one that might be able to detect a changeling is Discord since he can sense magical imbalances. Despite being reformed and learning of betrayal first hand with Tirek, he would merely stay on the sidelines. No way would the spirit of chaos stop Chrysalis from causing chaos in Equestria. He didn't help Twilight when Starlight was basically destroying the timeline and there is no way he wasn't aware of what was going on. That little pocket dimension or whatever it is where he lives is likely outside the confines of space and time.

Well that's my autism for the week.

Bugbutt will return one day, and not just for a few seconds in some alternate timeline. She will return and it will be glorious.
>>
In Applejack family, the father was the Orange and the mother was the Apple.
>>
>>25720114
after season 3 Trixie is working for Luna as special agent
>>
Ponies have been secretly stealing technology and culture from humans using specially-trained magic users for hundreds of years. They stopped after WWI because they became afraid of what might become of them should they continue to play with the devil's toys. This handwaves a ton of visual gags but explains why they speak English and why their tech level is all over the place.

They tried peacefully communicating with us but we kind of captured and killed their ambassador, pic related.

Gib autism pls

>>25721348

>Also fuck that changeling detection goop/mud/salve shit in the finale.

Why? Anything with any sense of self-preservation would try to work for a way to detect cloaked changelings.
>>
File: 1446586707757.jpg (515 KB, 3131x3000) Image search: [Google]
1446586707757.jpg
515 KB, 3131x3000
Alicorns have an insane metabolism. Their bodies burn through energy unbelievably fast. the other three princesses have learned to controll their hunger and eat in private and with with dignity.
Twiggy on the other hand, she hasn't learned this yet, and she disturbs the citizens at fast food restaurants.

Also look at Celestia eating that cake. God damn, you fat fucking horse, you have magic. Why are you using your hooves. Ponies are dumb.
>>
>>25723027
>calling celestia fat
>when the elder three princess are the lankiest things around
>>
File: 4397276-lady-tsunade-naruto.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
4397276-lady-tsunade-naruto.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>25723046
>implying that white whale isn't using a body alteration spell to appear younger and thinner than she really is
>>
File: 1442478342639.png (2 MB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
1442478342639.png
2 MB, 2400x1800
>>25720114
Ponies are autistic changelings.
They can't change (because of an extra chromosome) and their perception of world is very different than that of a changeling. (All that friendship is magic stuff etc.)
>>
File: boner of the year.jpg (116 KB, 401x333) Image search: [Google]
boner of the year.jpg
116 KB, 401x333
>>25723082
>3 way with tsunade & sunbutt
>>
>>25720125
>>25720328
That's some really cool shit, thanks for telling us that Anon.
>>
File: 1449113120604.jpg (72 KB, 326x360) Image search: [Google]
1449113120604.jpg
72 KB, 326x360
>>25723125
>>
>>25723125
>>25723202

>liking naruto
>i exchanged words with people who like naruto

It was a nice thread
>>
Breaking out into song and dance routines are rituals that have been in use since "the olden days." Done to appease the gods, demigods, and the elements of nature and to insure a good harvest. (Think of it as similar to entertaining the Old Ones in the film "The Cabin in the Woods.") The songs and dances are more likely to be performed in rural/farming communities since they're more in tune with nature because they're farmers. You rarely see such sights in newer cities such as Manehattan.

This also explains the non-stop festivals, concerts, and special holidays that Ponyville appears to constantly be celebrating. They are part-ritual and part-entertainment for the gods.
>>
File: 1445821068346.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1445821068346.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>25723140
>Not liking mature women
>>
File: maximum faggotry.png (867 KB, 1221x840) Image search: [Google]
maximum faggotry.png
867 KB, 1221x840
>>25720333

Disregarding the non-canon EQG.

The problem is that the sample size is far too small, interspecies relationships are always going to be in the minority, we haven't seen very many serious relationships to begin with, probably less than 20, the fact we can even count interspecies relationships among those means they're VERY common within the world.

That said, it's obvious that different ponies have different tastes and favored styles, earth ponies seems to favor a clean design, while unicorn ponies (typical of Rarity's fashion line) go for the Victorian style overdone to an extreme. Pegasi meanwhile relies more on loose flaps and things like pic related. This is very unlike Rarity's usual style and an obvious attempt to appeal to pegasi culture.

TL;DR preference is obviously there, but it's even less of a factor than race is today in our world.
>>
>>25720339

Alicorns aren't demigods tho, not in any way.
>>
>>25720457

As in something that can move faster than any known human/pony/animal, yes. Definitely.
>>
>>25720921
>Alchemy exists
Zecora is explicitly described as an alchemist, and has more in common with real alchemy than your imaginary definition does.
>Equestria has loads of social issues, like bat pones have to live in a different city because as carnivores there not really welcome anywhere else
Why would bat ponies be carnivores if griffons aren't? Or why would bat ponies be shunned if griffons aren't?
>Alicorns aren't gods,
This is canon
>there more like avatars of an elements
This is not, and makes no sense
>Sombra isnt dead
Ok
>Rainbows mom is firefly
DYEWTS? Firefly is the founder of the Wonderbolts, not RD's mom
>>
Zebras are pretty mysterious in MLP lore and hope they delve into that a bit in the new season, seeing as we got a small look at the griffons.

We've seen Zecora use her "Zebra magic" and potions to do some really interesting stuff.

My headcanon is that magic in the mlp universe is similar to the Force (before the space bacteria) where it flows through everything. Knowing this Zecora, or zebras in general, understand that while everything has traces of magical properties, certain things have more potent dormant magic. They can harness these magics by using these things as ingredients to make potions and concoctions that can do unicorn magic without the need for a horn, for the most part. This is why certain potions seem to have very amazing effects such as that one "time travel" potion Zecora gave to Twilight which allowed her to only view past events, although this needed alicorn magic to activate it. And of course that mixture she rubbed on Twilight in the finale which can revert Changelings and cancel their transformation magic. It also had some side effect to alert her that they should not exist.

Then there was something else I apparently forgot about. While re-reading the wiki on Zecora I read this line:
>At one point, she shows an example of her skills by conjuring water in her cup, showing that she can use magic without being a unicorn.

So, if true, it looks like she can use some form of magic separate from brewing potions and the like.
>>
>>25723646

While your understanding of the MLP universe and especially magic seems basic at best, there are many scenarios within the show where you are directly contradicted, Zecora's "zebra magic" is wholly separate from her usual Alchemy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8XU0N6VT0
>>
File: vacuumfish is Celestia's fetish.jpg (204 KB, 545x467) Image search: [Google]
vacuumfish is Celestia's fetish.jpg
204 KB, 545x467
>>25723027

So what is Pinkie, then? Look at HER eating the cake!
>>
>>25720889
I explained this already >>25723836
>>
>>25723876

Ah, my bad, I didn't realize you were one of the bronies. Carry on then.
>>
>>25723689
Yes, that is the exact scene I was referring to at the end. It just makes me more curious about zebras and what exactly their magic can do.
>>
>>25723982

Creation, maybe? Unicorn magic is exclusively about transformation, Earth pony magic is about growth, and pegasus magic is arguably about control.
>>
>>25723836
Looks like celestial has something for ponies eating cake
>>
Pinkie is not eating that cake -- she's vacuuming it up with her mouth. She probably can't even taste it.

Celestia looks kind of pissed off about it. Cake might be the only thing that makes her truly happy.
>>
>>25720339
well Celestia discoverd Cadence special "Love" talents verry early

im thinking about the same age twilight was as she hatched the eg
but she ofcourse had to bust a nut
>>
File: hurtful things celestia.png (1 MB, 1598x1274) Image search: [Google]
hurtful things celestia.png
1 MB, 1598x1274
Celestia's only response to Tirek trying to enslave her entire species... was to soften the blow and just let it happen.

I think she, Discord, and everypony else knew Twilight could do it. I think the entire lives of the mane six are a roughly scripted chain of events with the purpose to shape them into something great... in order to fulfill another purpose.

Standing up to extradimensional beings when they show up, maybe?

Humans, maybe?
>>
>>25724020
Creation implies that you have to take energy from somewhere else. Where do you suggest Zecora takes the energy from?
>>
>Scorpan, being a gargoyle born into a royal (though politically inactive) bloodline, was destined to become the arch-guardian of the Bad Lands. This was mainly due to their society putting a strong emphasis on "gargoyles" being synonymous with "protectors" - just as every species has a rigid set of standard for what could constitute as their 'true nature'.
>when his half-brother Tirek first seized control over the territory they lived in, Scorpan volunteered to act as a velvet glove, to his brother's iron fist - to help persuade the inhabitants from foolishly provoking their ruler's vicious temper
>despite the balance of power explicitly being lopsided into Tirek's favor, this partnership actually strengthened their relationship, and became one of the only things that Tirek held any level of genuine value in
>although Scorpan was the much wiser of the two siblings, he was sorely lacking in his brother's fuller life experience, so naturally followed in line with him. It wasn't until they both came to Equestria, where he was assigned the roll of Tirek's scouter/herald, that he finally understood from an objective POV that his brother was just a selfish monster
>after consulting Starswirl the Bearded over the situation, Scorpan became consumed with guilt over the fate he had left his magic-stripped homeland in. Then, after failing to reason with is brother, he confessed everything to Celestia & Luna when warning them of Tirek's intentions. The list of crimes he had told to them was the main reason why Tirek was issued a life sentence in Tartarus, rather than merely being depowered and exiled
>Scorpan returned to his homeland as a missionary for friendship, before the land destroyed itself a power struggle that Tirek's absence left open
>>
>>25720429
So firearms to them are like atomic bombs to us? Only used as a last resort due to their relatively massive destruction?
>>
>>25725491

Magic. Her magic isn't effortless, no other magic appears to be.

As for conservation of energy, we know it isn't true for Equestria.
>>
File: 1446511552169.png (195 KB, 856x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446511552169.png
195 KB, 856x1024
I think my favorite is that Derpy has a brain tumor. Among many things, it causes her eye to be fucked up. Pony magical medicine has basically frozen the tumor in time, but it can be set free at any time. Derpy won't survive for very long after that.
>>
Don't let this die! I wanna learn more shit!
>>
>>25726184
Same here. These seem to appear now and then anyways so don't be afraid.
>>
>>25726184
This could be a nice way to pass time till the hiatus ends. We save the best theories and then compare them to how show actually plays out during the next season
>>
>>25726314
Agreed. I have a list of theories that I jot down as I watch
>>
>>25720114
Derpy is actually Rainbow Dash's sister.

RD doesn't acknowledge it publicly, because Derpy is too, well, derpy, and way too uncool for RD to be seen hanging around with. That doesn't mean RD doesn't stick up for her klutzy sister. She backs her up and helps out when she inevitably gets into disasters.
>>
>>25720429
I wouldn't stop at bullets. They had to have a concept of a cannon as well because of Pinkie Pie's party cannon gag. At the very least. they should have the knowledge of siege weapons through the prevalence of catapults in the show.

Some other headcannons is that Celestia's Royal Guard are ceremonial/honor guard, that ponies have a navy and Luna is Fleet Admiral, and that ponies haven't had that much gained in theorization, as seen in the S5 finale in which Twilight had to learn what the Butterfly Effect is.
>>
>>25726364
This reeks of brony autism, yet it's also kinda adorable
>>
Anyone else note that they have a very strange end point for non gag technology? They say it's the Edwardian era.
>>
File: Sparkle examples.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Sparkle examples.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Sparkles. Now I elaborate. Sparkles are the number of whites inside the pupil.

The more sparkles, the cuter, or more attracted to watching we should be towards them.

The primary characters having two (except in certain circumstances, like if they were sad), and most other characters having one. I've noticed that fillies have three usually, if not, two; likely because of their young age meaning they're cuter.

The most notable situation that the number of sparkles may change is during moments of sadness. Happiness doesn't change much (but has occasionally), neither does fear.
>>
File: old world.png (274 KB, 282x360) Image search: [Google]
old world.png
274 KB, 282x360
>Equestria exists in an old world realm of magic, rather than on a spherical planet
>The Tree of Harmony is their closest equivalent to Yggsdrasil, which tethers Equestria to Tartarus, and possibly other abstract dimensions, while keeping them from overlapping into each other
>>
>>25720728
>>25722226
>>25726421
Don't know which one I like more
>>
>>25726396
God damnit can't unsee
>>
>>25726421

Oooh, I've never seen the connection between the tree of harmony and the world tree before, but I really think you might be on to something here. The tree (and harmony) definitely is central to the setting.
>>
>>25720114
Celestia and Luna really are gods
Celestia really is holding back all the time as her full power would probably melt the continent or cause intense, ceaseless orgasms
>>
>>25726396

Hmm, you might have a point in the most general sense, but there are so many exceptions that there might not even be a rule.

Look at for example:
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Unicorn_ponies
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Pegasus_ponies
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Earth_ponies

The vast majority of characters have two, and there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation between unappealing/appealing or male/female characters and the number of dots.
>>
These threads really need some basic standards, or maybe separate into a lore thread and a headcanon thread, so we don't have to deal with dredge like for example >>25726912

The last thread was lore-only and held a much MUCH higher quality.
>>
>>25726956
no fun, only rules: the post

Every alicorn has the ability to become a nightmare version of themselves. Including Twilight.
>inb4 comics are canon
>>
Equestria is tidally locked to its sun. Celestia and Luna don't manipulate celestial objects, they manipulate the path light moves in, thus creating an artificial motion of light and dark across the sky and modulating the planetary climate.

They are not actually aware that is what they are doing, though, and believe they actually do control the course of the sun and moon.
>>
I follow Lauren Faust's idea that earth pony magic is a connection to earth. The thing about them being stronger is just stupid fanon made up by uncreative people unable to free themselves from stereotypical class thinking from RPGs. It's boring and lame, and I hate how the show creators actually made references to it. It sucks. But it can easily be explained away by the fact that "earth pony strenght" is just a stereotype, originating in the fact that they traditionally have been working with earth, and stronger legs could also be explained by lack of flight and magic, forcing them to use them more. But earth pony magic has nothing to do with earth pony strength.

Earth pony magic is just a feeling you get. Perhaps some source of instinctal knowledge they gain from the earth or nature itself. This is why there are vegetables only earth ponies can grow. Technically, other races can do it too, but are at great disadvantage due to not feeling the deep connection to the earth, so they can't give the plants the optimal growth conditions.

I think this would be a good moral to have too, it would give more respect to knowledge, rather than just physical abilities. It woud be a good thing to teach in the show. And showing that emotional connections are important too, not only what you can do.

This could also be used to explain the Pinkie Pie Sense. Pinkie Pie has a very strong Earth Pony magic that gives her knowledge of the future. At its core, nature also has knowledge of what will happen, and Pinkie Pie's connection is so strong through earth pony is strong enough to give her some insight into this. This is not the purpose of the headcanon, but it's a nice side effect, to be able to explain the Pinkie Pie Sense.
>>
>>25726995

So the light is going around Equestria in an ever-increasing spiral? Each day adds another twist to the spiral?
>>
File: 1448918794457.jpg (50 KB, 577x575) Image search: [Google]
1448918794457.jpg
50 KB, 577x575
>>25727012
FUCKING SCIENCE
>>
>>25727012

Nah, I figure she resets it somehow every day. Then again, it could be hilarious as Twilight Sparkle blasts off in the first Equestrian space probe and passes through a seizure inducing zone of thousands of layers of light and dark.
>>
File: Untitled.png (689 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
689 KB, 1280x720
>>25727010

Earth pony magic isn't a feeling, nor is it strength, it's the ability to grow plants at a rapid pace, so fast you can see it with the naked eye. It's done at least three times in the show: Hooffields & McColts (pic related), Heart's Warming Eve, and Pinkie Apple Pie, and it's always done consciously

That said, there could be other earth pony "spells", maybe even including Pinkie sense, but growing plants is the only definite one I think.
>>
Generation 1 and 2 did happen in G4's lore. Discords reign of chaos set back much their technology from what was shown in My Little Pony Tales, although some of it was recovered after the royal sisters began their rule. This could explain the inconsistancy with the level of technology shown in Equestria.
The reason Celestia told us that Starswirl defeated Tirek was because Starswirl is an egotistical asshole who changed the records to make him look cooler. Tirek was defeated just like in G1, with the group of ponies and Megan, who comes from the same world as Equestria Girls.
>>
>>25727136
Make it 4. Castle Sweet Castle
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>25727157

I had to look this one up, 4 it is.
>>
>>25725294
They've already faced off against extradimensional beings.
>>
>>25727136
>>25727157
Two of them happens in songs, and the other two in retellings of the past. All of your examples have occoured outside of regular storytelling mode. This can hardly be considered canon. You need to find examples from actual, neutral storytelling, not from places that allow or even encourage special visual imagery. You can see an example of an unicorn doing the same here:
https://youtu.be/M54Ut9vyHm0?t=1m19s
But that doesn't mean unicorns can cause flowers to grow rapidly, it just means that this part of the episode allowed special visuals, and the visuals that happen aren't necessarily canon.
>>
>>25727344
No, that's not real flowers. The petals could just be falling from the roof and the previous flowers can be a visual image in the gray ponies mind as he reacts to frattashai.
>>
>>25727368
Well, until you show me it actually happening in the show, as a part of the actual story or at least in the background during something that is not a special montage, I will not reconsider my headcanon, and you have no more proof for your headcanon than I have for mine.

Here is Fluttershy doing the same as what happens in Pinkie Apple Pie, and here we can actualy see her move her arms as if to cast a spell to cause it, which is more than what can be said for any of your songs.
https://youtu.be/z8uFbzbtyJg?t=1m27s
>>
Windigos are the spirits of vanquished Sirens, still feeding on the discord of others.

Spike's egg comes from Tirek's homeland and was a gift from Scorpan as a token of friendship.

Star Swirl became so powerful because he studied all aspects of magic, including the magic of other species like Zebras, Griffons, Yaks, Buffalo, and his master, who was a caribou. He took a a step further and accumulated even more knowledge from other beings by utilizing the dimensional mirrors he crafted.
>inb4 comics
I thought of this long before Reflections.

Chrysalis was the love poisoned princess and the whole incident lead directly to Discord's reign.

It will be revealed that the everything-is-dead alternate future was caused by a future villain we haven't seen yet.

Sombra was apprenticed to Grogar (enslaving ponies, ancient city disappearing for centuries, and causing teleporting unicorns to reappear in the same spot come directly from his episodes in G1).

The end game boss is a chess-master archetype and has been orchestrating many of the happenings behind the scenes using his gift of foresight. Star Swirl became aware of him and is now traversing the time-ways trying to calculate the perfect series of events needed to thwart and ultimately defeat him. Using their time powers, they've constantly been trying to out keikaku the other for the past millennium.
>>
Posted this theory a little while ago in another board. Anyone else think this?

>>25727651
>>
In the beginning, all the races of ponykind were once a single peaceful civilization, until some became jealous of their alicorn leaders. A rebellion removed them from power, and a power struggle created more divisions in the kingdom. This led to wars and genocides, and the entire civilization collapsed. Most of the alicorns were wiped out.

After several years, the surviving ponies began to rebuild, but only with their own races. Soon the three pony tribes were formed.
And the rest is history.
>>
>>25727661
>Chrysalis was the love poisoned princess and the whole incident lead directly to Discord's reign.
We know this isn't true, Chrysalis mentions she has never encountered a place like Equestria before, so this is her first time going there.

>It will be revealed that the everything-is-dead alternate future was caused by a future villain we haven't seen yet.
Doesn't make sense, unless the hypothetical villain is a time-traveler or something. It had to be an event that would already happened at this point on the timeline.

>using his gift of foresight
Celestia?
>>
Not so much predictions as they are wish-lists.

Starlight will be in a few episodes next season, including an episode where she interacts with Discord and the two discuss (in their own unique way) what they've learned about friendship. Her 'graduation' will be her making amends with Sunburst.

Starlight will be a recurring character but not a main one since she wasn't listed in the movie's main cast. That and because the movie and S6 are being developed side-by-side.

I oh-so hope that we get some Jules Vern inspired adventures under the sea and a journey to the center of Equestria. There could be all kinds of cool shit to see far beneath the surface. Maybe meet a blind pony that navigates the subterranean tunnels.
Bonus, it will be Sunburst. He won't recognize Starlight because he's blind but she won't know that and get sad.
>>
>>25727729
>We know this isn't true, Chrysalis mentions she has never encountered a place like Equestria before, so this is her first time going there.
Equestria didn't exist at that point in time.

>Doesn't make sense, unless the hypothetical villain is a time-traveler or something. It had to be an event that would already happened at this point on the timeline.
The villain would have made their move already if the M6 weren't around.
>>
>>25720843

Singing safely dissipates excess magic in the surrounding atmosphere as a form of magical spell all it's own. The subject matter of the song is determined in part by how the mana "grounds out", generally by whichever pony starts the whole thing going.

Pinkie's first song in town happened to be about eating oatmeal with brown sugar in it for the first time.

She thought oatmeal with any flavoring in it was crazy.
>>
>>25720114
The map is a cerebro like device, that also could be used to locate any sentitent being.
>>
File: shesflutteringabitatcrotchlevel.png (411 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shesflutteringabitatcrotchlevel.png
411 KB, 1280x720
>>25720938

Pony genitals actually are hidden behind cunning sheaths (for stallions) and folds (for mares) that tuck almost invisibly into their fur.

They only tend to relax when aroused or when sleeping for long periods of time, or occasionally if the pony in question is shocked enough.

Fluttershy occasionally has issues in that regard.
>>
>>25727878
I guess I can buy that.
>>
>>25727765
Starlight will die in the season 6 finale.
>>
>>25727920
Please don't
>>
The crystal mines below canterlot were the original birthplace of crystal ponies. Sombra was the original ruler of the Canterlot, and beloved on many levels by his people and the democracy that existed. Celestia, however, wasn't going to have any of that shit, and pulled a number of political moves to have him removed and exiled.

he tried to keep his ability to spread beautiful, but cosmetic crystals as something wholesome, but as he grew more unhinged and obsessed with taking back canterlot things got very dark. The "slavery" was shit work conditions for his war machine, because they didn't really have unicorns/pegasi and therefore needed to use earth pony skills. Celestia used this as propaganda and a reason to invade/imprison him, and allowed him to use the curse because she knew it fucked with the citizen's memory (she was a goddamn alicorn, after all).

The entire empire is now ignorant of their origins, hating the ruler that was trying to get them out of a frozen shithole and back into their homeland, uncaring of the democracy they once had because they are "safe" now, and with a pretty pink alicorn ruler ready to jump when Celestia says so.
>>
>>25728197
>Le Celestia is evil post #54295
>>
File: 1448158106290.png (2 MB, 2092x2190) Image search: [Google]
1448158106290.png
2 MB, 2092x2190
>>
>>25728920
I really hope there is something to this.
>>
I really hope that Nightmare Star shows up to fuck things up.
>>
>>25720782
Great fic
>>
In regards to earth pony strength, some of them can be incredibly strong. For example, Big Mac, SuperTeeth, and StrongFilly (from the Crusaders of the Lost Mark episode). Earth ponies are able to do magic that affects the earth, or things associated with the earth (farming, mining, construction, food creation). Pegasi magic affects air and water (the weather) and the unicorns control the element of "fire," which is basically "magic."

Somone mentioned an older thread dealing the MLP canon theories. Does anyone have a link to that?
>>
>>25729839

Pegasi and unicorns can be incredibly strong too. Look at Rarity and Twilight carrying Tom, Rainbow Dash hoof-wrestling Applejack, or Bulk Biceps.

A huge deal of unicorn magic has nothing to do with fire (all transformation spells, telekinesis, teleportation...) so that can't be it. Besides, Equestria doesn't follow the classical listing of elements, instead defining completely own elements like Laughter, Honesty, etc. Zecora has never dealt with elements in her alchemy, either.
>>
"Alicorn commoners" aren't actually animation errors (except for Rarity). They're actually a somewhat rare breed of equine-kind called a "Magisus" (MAYJ-iss-uss); the difference? Magisi have limited access to both pegasus and unicorn magic (though these limits can be pushed with training), whereas alicorns have natural access to pegasus magic, unicorn magic, and earthen magic; the earthen magic I speak of? Connection to nature, as hinted at in canon. Allow me to offer my interpretation as to exactly what earth ponies are capable of.

Earth ponies are canonical masters of cultivation and are also generally more skilled with fauna than other races; save for Fluttershy, but I'll get to her later. They are also stronger, sturdier, more resourceful, and more creative, by matter of evolution. Earthen ponies likely invented all the technology we see in Equestria, and earthen magic likely also manifests itself in ways like the Pinkie and Cheesy Senses.

But what of ponies like Fluttershy, who have a connection to an aspect of nature, despite their obvious wings? Or Rarity, a unicorn with a unique talent for finding gems? I posit this to be a simple extension of their earthpone blood. Can I prove how they can't be part earthpone? No; but why do I have to? The fact of the matter probably is, most "dust ponies" and "gem ponies" live out somewhat normal lives as pegasi and unicorns, respectively; unless, of course, their special talent has something to do with the earth. That, and the fact that this is all just some sperg-y world-building theory.

My apologies for namefagging; I figured it was relevant, given I've writefag'd here a few times.
>>
Numbuh214: Cool theories. Do you have a pastebin or a fanfic account somewhere? I'd be interested in reading some of your fic. Thx.
>>
>>25729953

See this shit? This is why we really need two threads.

Factual errors are passed off as truths, anything that happens to not coincide with the show (like how Earth ponies in canon are neither stronger nor sturdier) can here be explained away with "muh headcanon" (like them being more creative and more resourceful, something canon doesn't touch on... Except maybe Rarity, who has a talent for creativity).
>>
File: mlfw62_130010602647[1].png (123 KB, 432x350) Image search: [Google]
mlfw62_130010602647[1].png
123 KB, 432x350
>>25730065
uwutm80

I literally said it was a _THEORY_. Not trying to pass it off as fact, but my English teachers got me to stop using "I think" and "My opinion is" at the start of every fucking sentence that isn't fact. If you don't agree with it, guess who has two thumbs and doesn't give a shit.

>>25730050
I'm dipping back into writing when I have time, trying to keep my writing from being as absolutely inane as it was when I was a shitty pleb middle-schooler.

That said, I do have a pastebin with an irrelevant idea for Minecraft, a green I helped finish when the original author had shit to deal with, another thing I tried after that, and one thing I'm currently doing in another thread. WARNING: one is very very kinky and NSFW, the story I helped finish is also NSFW in parts
http://pastebin.com/u/Numbuh214
>>
>>25729940
>>25730065
Okay, I'm assuming these two posts are samefagging, so I'm going to clarify my theory; is it impossible for unicorns or pegasi to be strong or physically sturdy or resourceful or creative without a drop of earth pony heritage OR a single earth pony mentor? _OF COURSE NOT_. I simply posit that earth ponies have evolved to be _more consistently_ strong or sturdy _on average_. Unicorns have functional magic to solve problems like self-defense and heavy lifting. Pegasi have the sky above to protect themselves with. Earth ponies? All they have is their four hooves, a possibly prehensile tail, and their ingenuity.
also i like the idea of most ponies having tactile telekinesis as a mundane, weak form of natural magic
>>
Numbuh214: Thanks for the pastebin link.

I'm really enjoying this thread -- the Canon Lore AND the Fan theories. It's fun to just kick ideas around. Someone might get inspired to write from fic or something. What else are we gonna do during the hiatus?

I also hold the idea that ponies all have "tactile telekinesis" underneath their hooves -- sort of like invisible fingers or pressure points that allows them to grab objects (like a fiddle bow) or "push" things like piano keys or play guitar strings. Their hooves seem to be perhaps a bit like hard rubber that allows them to wrap their hooves slightly around items they want to pick up and hold (like tankards and hammers). The "pressure points" under the hooves also help them to "grab" and hold onto things like soccer balls. I'm not sure I'm really explaining succinctly enough, but it seems to make sense to me.

But still, it's also hilarious when you see the ponies using their mouths to write, carry, or hand things to other ponies. Horses doing things the horse way!
>>
>>25720782
Sadly Arrow 18 went to shit in the end.
>Le humans are immune to magic without reason fic #684883
>Literally shit and rushed ending
Aside from that it's ones of the best human meets pony fics.

Also this thread was for Lore, not y'alls autistic headcanons. We already had a headcanon thread when this one was created.
>>
Hmmm. Thread title was: Lore Thread.

However, in the same post, it reads "Post your theories, no matter how autistic they are."

So....the OP seemed to be asking for both!
>>
>>25730653

Theories are fine, headcanons are not.

That said, it's definitely a thin line between an ultra-autistic theory with almost no foundation and a headcanon.
>>
File: this is delicious.png (109 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
this is delicious.png
109 KB, 200x295
>>25727715
THANK YOU SOMEONE WHO THINKS CELESTIA SHOULD HAVE A PINK MANE AGAIN!
>>
File: and luna is darker too.png (724 KB, 861x608) Image search: [Google]
and luna is darker too.png
724 KB, 861x608
>>25727715
What is this... "continuity" you speak of?
>>
File: medium.gif (580 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
medium.gif
580 KB, 480x270
>>25729839
Talking about Earth Pony strength, I'd like to talk about a seemingly new skill from Twilight; her rocket launch move. I thought it was something she temporarily learned when she got the 4x alicorn magic power up. Apparently she's still able to do it, except it's less destructive now (without causing any craters in the process). So where does this skill come from? Earth, Pegasus or Unicorn magic anyway? I personally think it's a combo between Earth and Pegasi magic. Earth Pony magic to make the huge leap and wings to propel her even further.
>>
>>25731325

I noticed that too, and it's unicorn magic. Look at her horn. First she charges the "jump", and then a fraction of a second later she charges her horn again for the magic blast.
>>
>>25731325
>>25731864
I think it's both unicorn and Pegasus magic.

She just uses her unicorn magic in addition to push her upwards with great force.
>>
File: large (2).jpg (404 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
large (2).jpg
404 KB, 1280x720
>>25723046
>>25723082
What if the fatter she gets, the thinner her alteration spell makes her appear. Her flanks seem to get scrawnier every season, so maybe the cake is having an effect.
>>
^ That's one of my favorite pieces of MLP fan art.

I wish they'd do an episode about Celestia and Luna.
>>
>>25732180
They won't. Hasbro hates Sunbutt. Figure it'd be easier trying to appeal to moonfags and fans of princess barbie cadence.
>>
>>25731949

Well obviously, she can't fly without pegasus magic, so in that sense it's a combination of pegasus magic and unicorn magic, not pegasus magic and earth pony magic.
>>
File: 1396193260484.jpg (47 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
1396193260484.jpg
47 KB, 960x541
>>25732180
Your new is showing.
>>
>>25731864
>>25731949
>>25732203
I could see unicorn magic playing a part in this too, but it could also be that she was charging it to shoot at Starlight. Personally I still think it's the earth/pegasus combo that made the launch part happen.
>>
File: Untitled.png (71 KB, 487x273) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
71 KB, 487x273
>>25732299

Nope, look carefully. She charges her magic twice, once for liftoff, once to shoot Starlight.
>>
>>25732328
Alright I have to admit that's more solid proof the unicorn magic theory. Could someone post the other rocket launch moments from the S4 finale to see if her horn is glowing on those moments as well? I'm on the road at the moment so I'm not able to post pics right now.
>>
Equestria is basically Atlantis
This explains all the human esque tech lying around

Humans either ascended or all died out - Celestia remembers Humans well
>>
>>25732849
Where is human tech lying around?
The one thing I can vaguely remember is the tire in the Hearts & Hooves episode
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.