[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Equestria Girls spin-off movies canon or not? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Hasbro2-superJumbo.jpg (393 KB, 2048x593) Image search: [Google]
Hasbro2-superJumbo.jpg
393 KB, 2048x593
Are the Equestria Girls spin-off movies canon or not? I don't know anything about the series except that some faglord I know keeps arguing with his friends about it and I want to call him out on his shit. He says it's not because the characters don't appear in the show or vice-versa, but the other guys say that the movies take place between seasons. Pic related?
>>
File: bait gonna b gud.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
bait gonna b gud.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>25718268
/mlp/ doesnt like it so its not canon.
>>
>>25718278
This. But they are canon in the real world, yes.
>>
>>25718278
>>25718286
So... the movies ARE canon?
>>
>>25718268
It's canon but has no impact on the show.
>>
>>25718268
>>25718292
Official word is that they did happen in the same canon as the show. They've made no impact on it so far and there are a few points where the two don't quite match up, but according to what we've been told so far, they are canon.
>>
>>25718292
Yes for the 700th time the movies are indeed canon.
>>
>>25718268
Nothing is canon until it appears in the show, as has always been since the show started
>>
>>25718377
this
>>
File: Flash_smiling_S4E11.png (372 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Flash_smiling_S4E11.png
372 KB, 1280x720
>>25718377
>>25718871
>>
>>25718377
Well, sure, if you define canon as what appears in the show, then by your circular reasoning, anything that doesn't appear in the show isn't. By that definition, the 2017 movie won't be canon either. However, you have no authority by which to decide what is or is not included in the official canon of FiM. You're just making unsupported claims here, and your statements are no more valid than those of the people who say the show ended after its first or second season.
>>
>>25718268
No they are not
They are extended universe, as are the comics
"Friendship is Magic", and "Equestria Girls" are literally two separate IPs and have different pools of resources
>>
>>25720360
From which separate pools of resources do they draw? The animation, voice acting, writing, and musical composition are all done by the same people who make FiM. You say they aren't canon, but you ignore the official statements which contradict that and all the evidence you bring up in favor of your side is either inconclusive or outright false.
>>
>>25720423
I'm not talking who actually works on the projects
I'm talking their budgets
Hasbro allots x amount of funding to FiM and x amount to EQG
There is not one unified pool that they both dip into
I'm not the anon you were arguing with but since you have such an aggressive boner for eqg and facts I invite you to check out the hasbro share holder reports that they release every quater
>>
>>25720459
They're both funded by the same company, a part the same franchise, and produced by the same people. A little financial allocation and a change of subtitle doesn't make them non-canon. That's just exaggerating minor details into a false conclusion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.