[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without Spike, Twilight would be nothing and wouldn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (232 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232 KB, 1280x720
Without Spike, Twilight would be nothing and wouldn't have a cutie mark and wouldn't have brought the manes together.

Face it. Spike is best pony. He's the base of the show.
>>
>>25648673
I'm just surprised the egg didn't just fucking explode with that magical burst Twilight did.
Would've obtained a cutie mark and murder all in one go. Celestia be proud.
>>
It's pretty weird that all of the writers save for Larson believe he was like Twilight's little brother. Larson insists that they were just coworkers while Twilight was growing up in Canterlot and didn't actually really become friends until Ponyville. I think that's an interpretation that is much harder to argue especially given the lack of knowledge we have about Spike's early life that isn't just Faust talking. If it's not in the show, it's not an answer in this case.
>>
>>25648673
Spike is a comedical character and brings in reality when there is none

>Equestria Games
>Crystal Empire

I think the spike-hate is just a meme
>>
>>25648673
Are we ever going to talk about how weird, gross, and out of place that scene was where he smelled his feet? Some degenerate footfag must be working on the show.
>>
>>25648772
The people that like Spike only like him because they want to screw him.
>>
>>25648772
It's definitely one of the classic memes. Honestly I think FiW pushed it pretty big and it just got stuck. Only now is show staff realizing that slapstick isn't that funny when you expect it literally every single time a character does anything.

It's not comedy that for most of the time when Spike comes on screen, I have to think "Gee, how are they going to make the character make an ass out of himself." I'm not kidding when I say every single time. Like seriously, they waaaaaaaaay overused the gag. It was funny the first five times, now it's just tiresome when it's like "Oh, of COURSE Spike fucks up in some way. What a shock."
>>
>>25648825
You got me there. I'd like to shove it deep in that tight little dragon hole.
>>
>>25648825

Spike is best shota.

Especially human Spike.
>>
>>25648794
The writers know.
>>
>>25648869
Yeah after a while it is annoying. One of the only episodes where they try to develop his character. It was lack-luster

Princess Spike was a slightly below-average episode that fucked itself because of annoying bullshit.

In my opinion, Party Pooped and Appleoosa's Most Wanted were far worse episodes.
>>
File: spike.png (75 KB, 335x360) Image search: [Google]
spike.png
75 KB, 335x360
>>25648673
Spike doesn't deserve the shit he gets from people. Take your anger out on Discord or something.
>>
File: your tears are delicious 1.png (240 KB, 973x596) Image search: [Google]
your tears are delicious 1.png
240 KB, 973x596
>>25648971
He is the new Scoots.
>>
>>25648825
Thats me
>>
>>25648988

Because I mentioned humanized, or because of shota?
>>
>>25648874
>Human
I may want to fuck a baby dragon because of his large life spawn, he can probably be a baby even at 15 years old or more but a human, nope.
>>
Without Spike, Twilight would have done something useful yet impossible with her burst of magic. She might have created a perpetual motion machine, or brought a pony back from the edge of death, or literally anything else that would have been a valuable creation to the world.
Hell, she might have hatched a different dragon a different egg, a dragon who wasn't an idiotic, useless waste of oxygen.
Twilight still would have gotten her cutie mark, whatever test was put in front of her, and the girls still would have gotten together.

Face it, Spike a shit. He's not as bad as Twist, though.
>>
File: spike.gif (283 KB, 332x253) Image search: [Google]
spike.gif
283 KB, 332x253
>>25649291
>Being this delusional
>>
>>25648937
Nothing beats Princess Spike for me, I'm sorry Anon. It's the archetypical way that you don't write an episode of this show IMO.
>>
>>25649414
Is was crap but at least it wasn't boring
>>
>>25648673
spikefags, everyone
>>
>>25649503
It was boring to see the same gag repeatedly and see ponies act like idiots.
>>
This fucker definitely needs some backstory. There is NOTHING to discuss about it.
Just fuckton of headcan(n)ons, whether he is or not related to Twilight and her family, what about Celestia, etc.

They could use the "wasted", especially Spike at Your service which is horrible OOC done by Spongebob writer.

>princess Spike
The execution was bad. The idea itself could be handled better.
The best redeeming part was when he tried to rebuilt the statue by itself. There was something nice to see him building the statue, despite being constantly falling down.
That however is ruined minute later when someone gives him the bouquet and starts to sneeze.
Writers cannot tell the difference between him being clumsy and being the victim of unlucky writing.

>>25648717
I find Larson's idea to have more room for development if they ever plan to do that.
Also this concept should reduce relation towards Twilight's family to guest.

>>25648825
Guilty as charged.
>>
File: 1019883.png (636 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1019883.png
636 KB, 1366x768
>>25648825
Why is Spike so sexy?
>>
>>25648937
AMW was not worse than Princess Spike.

Spike needs to grow up and accept challenges. That will solve all the problems he has.
>>
>>25648937
How was AMW a bad episode?
>>
>>25649971
Applejack episodes are terrible.
>>
Fuck off Spikefag no one cares and this thread will die soon
>>
>>25649985
Add in the Cutie pie crusaders and they're complete shit
>>
>>25648717
Then Larson is just wrong. They grew up together.

>>25649985
Shut your face Hearthbreakers was good.
>>
>>25649971
Very boring and had character's that I didn't care about.

I actually fell asleep during the episode and didn't finish it.
>>
>>25650027
Yeah. Cause it was also centered around Pinkie Pie which distracted from Applefat's overdone yeehaw rodeo personality.
>>
>>25649845
Backstory. Jesus fucking Christ, he needs some backstory. The reason why he's so hard to write is that he has no direction in his life, his character has no desires that could be reached or fulfilled by himself. He desperately needs even just one episode about his origins, or about his future. Badly. He's literally the only main character with no internal justification for why he does things, everything deep we've seen about him is all about how he thinks others see him.

Who is the dragon inside of him? Who really is Spike? He has to want more.

>>25649937
That pose, goddamn.

>>25649940
The first idea Miller had was aging him up physically.
>>
>>25649937
I want to lick his feet so badly.
>>
File: 1449186377508.gif (495 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449186377508.gif
495 KB, 500x375
He still is shit-tier
>>
Why is Spike so unf-inducing?
>>
>>25650268
Because he's best pone.
>>
Reminder that Twilight needed Spike or she'd be a Moondancer. Reminder that Spike was the one to remind her of Moondancer to begin with.
>>
>>25648673

...But like Pete Best, he needs to stand aside and let them go their own way.
>>
>>25648971
Oh, he and Discord are compatriots in having shitty episodes that are the worst of the season this time.
>>
File: William_Foster.jpg (98 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
William_Foster.jpg
98 KB, 1600x900
>spikefags
>spike threads
>>
File: smugpepe.png (109 KB, 258x365) Image search: [Google]
smugpepe.png
109 KB, 258x365
>>25652195
Thanks for bumping it. Have a rare Spike.
>>
>>25650027
Larson said they grew up together, but Twilight never saw him as anything but a servant to her. At least that was his interpretation.
>>
>>25648673
>Pony
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.