[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 2 sentences to tell me why you guys think Reflections
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Reflections.jpg (18 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
Reflections.jpg
18 KB, 400x265
You have 2 sentences to tell me why you guys think Reflections was bad
This is not bait, I legitimately enjoyed the arc and didn't really see too much problem with it.
I do understand you guys aren't into the whole romance thing but if that wasn't the case would you guys have thought differently?

Why is it so hated? It's pretty entertaining.
>inb4 bait
>inb4 Andy shilling
>inb4 Moe shit
>>
>>25632362

The story handed Celestia the Idiot Ball and she ran it in for a touchdown. Also, the story badly collapsed towards the end, including utterly whiffing on teases of the Mirror-Mane 6 that ended up being a joke at the end.
>>
>>25632362
no op. you have 10 seconds to explain why you think the comics aren't awful.

the stories are made like shit, out of shit, and the worst kind of shit. you could only enjoy them if you are truly ignorant of good story telling or you don't care about good stories.
>>
>>25632362
You're a faggot with shit taste. You have the butt of a Filipino ladyboy now get fucked.
>>
File: 1432189847911.png (64 KB, 624x628) Image search: [Google]
1432189847911.png
64 KB, 624x628
>>25632388
>>25632445
>>25632544
>>
File: Grinning shitter.png (112 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
Grinning shitter.png
112 KB, 500x477
>>25632445
There is no other reason other than I just liked it. I did think the ending of it with the whole rushed "We need to close the rift" thing was a little over-the-top but isn't that pretty much a trademark at this point? The fact that you have all this potential and you waste it with a quick resolution to tie everything.

It happened for Season 5 finale and it'll probably happen for Sombra's arc later this month. He unleashed the umbrum during the final part of the comic, you already know it's going to end in shit.

Besides, im a sucker for romance, it's kinda why I like both the arcs of Sombra honestly.
>>
>>25632362
/mlp/ typically hates shipping of any kind because

>Muh waifu
>>
>>25632362
The whole thing was needlessly melodramatic, and kind of cliche.
Out of every possible plot they could of done and they decided to go with generic romantic-plot-#368-of-"oh no, I can not be with my generic lover" for Celestia's character development?

There's your 2 sentences, but I'm gonna keep going.
There really isn't anything wrong with romance, but the way they have it set up is pretty shallow.

Mirror Sombra is a good looking, gentle, beloved ruler.
Celestia is a good looking, gentle, beloved ruler.

Can you see how much chemistry they have!?
It doesn't really show much about Celestia's character other than A.)she likes others who the same vague, nice personality as her, with the same amount of power. Or B.) Celestia is just generic.
Celestia would have came out with more depth had she rejected a romantic relationship with Mirror Sombra.
The whole arc just makes her look desperate, and doesn't really show a lot about her.

The rest of the comic is decent.
I wish there was more world building on the mirrored world.
Also, the segments with Starswirl and Celestia building the mirror portals were nice. Hell, that's probably where you'll find the most of Celestia's character building.
Mirrored Celestia and Luna didn't really establish a menacing presence.
They didn't really do anything evil, other than look "so edgy," and if that's all it takes to be evil then, fuck, my younger -self is over do for a villian casting.
So whenever they were around, it never felt like trouble was abound.

That's about all I could remember about that comic arc.
There's probably other shit that I'm missing, but overall, they (sombra and celestia) didn't really have much going for them that made me say "oh yea, these 2 should definitely be together!"
No, my thoughts were more along the lines of "there's plenty of fish in the sea, Celestia."

It could have been infinitely better, but it ended up being okay.
>>
>>25634645
There was also the plotline of Twilight living up to Celestia that was dropped and brought back at random.
>>
>>25632609
>clearly had a correct answer within the restrictions of the request as shown here
>>25632388

> lel it was bait! I le troled yuo!

Ok.
>>
>>25632362
A Millenia old ruler throws away two universes for the sake of some cock.
Would have been better it if all took place in the past with a young celestia.
>>
>>25634645
That wasn't two sentences you nigger
>>
>>25634703
Not just a cock, it was king sombra coc.k
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.