[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the finale highlight Celestia's incompetence as a protector?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Bad princess.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bad princess.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
Does the finale highlight Celestia's incompetence as a protector? With one exception, all of the threats that she handled in the canon thus far were addressed with Luna's help. The one time she DIDN'T have Luna by her side, she needed a magic super-weapon, and she didn't actually solve the problem, she just bought time. Here we have Equestria getting fucked six ways from sunday because a blue pegasus didn't race. In the only timeline where she was even making a difference, she had managed to lose a massive advantage over a relatively small nation's slave army, and she couldn't even serve as a proper super soldier, despite being the ALICORN of the SUN.
I'm not saying she's necessarily bad at statecraft, but is Celestia a really lousy protector?
>>
>>25610223
Its kinda of a lose-lose situation. If they had her be as powerful and conpetent as she should be then most of big events episodes would be over too quickly
>>
>>25610223
This fact should have been evident by Canterlot Wedding.
>>
>>25610243
I suppose, but I always figured it was because Chrysalis caught ol' glass jaw off guard. You don't need to be able to take a beating to deliver one.
>>
>>25610223
Celestia's an old wizard. The Elements allowed her to do most of the things she did when young, anyway. All the "Celestia is God" propaganda from Twilight in the first two seasons gave a biased view of her power.
>>
>>25610223

She is an Old God along with Luna, they plan all of this shit because their lives became boring and stagnant after creating their Utopia

Of course Celestia can blow the fuck out of any army of villain, I mean look at that horn. But that's fucking boring.

I mean her and Luna were just RPing during the whole 'Nightmare Moon' thing.

It's all a tremendous game, their only real effort is probably to train and raise Twilight into a successor for the eventual day when they 'might' die.
>>
I've always gotten the sense that Luna and Twilight were the face kickers.
>>
>>25610275
>Twilight into a successor for the eventual day when they 'might' die.

Except that twilight still has a normal unicorn lifespan. The only one who will still be around when celestia/luna are old enough to die is Cadance/discord and its a stretch but maybe spike.
>>
>>25610223
>Do nothing but eat cake and attend parties for one thousand years or more.
>1000 years of peace without any significant wars or threats.
>Wonder why you can't one shot villains that stood toe to toe with you back when you weren't a pudgy piece of shit.

All the threats that destroyed Equestria, minus Flim and Flam, were strong enough to hold their own against Celestia back before she grew weak from literal centuries of peace. And they've not changed while Celestia has.

Maybe she was once a magical powerhouse that protected Equestria, but she's far out of her league now.
>>
>>25610275
Nah, the two alicorns were from a tribe that were chosen by three tribes to rule Equestria. They gained power and immortality by controlling their respective celestial bodies instead of being drained of power like other unicorns. Cadence and Twilight are "ascended " or whatever, as Celestia and Luna's tribe went extinct.
>>
>>25610308

cuntlord's merchandise book doesn't count
>>
Realistically. Celestia and discord have the strongest power in all the show.

When you consider the sheer mass of a sun and its gravity is strong enough to hold an entire solar system together. The power and force required is unfathomable to anything else anyone has done in the show.
>>
>>25610316
And your headcanon does? Stop being salty.
>>
>>25610336
If that same amount of force was applied to a living being they would be crushed so small you'd need a microscope to view their compacted body.
>>
>>25610337

yes who gives a god damn fuck

HASBRO consists of multiple writers anyway and characters can almost change completely between them

So who gives a god damn fuck that a cuntlord wants to write a journal about shit, or that I think Celestia is a bad-ass?
>>
>>25610357

your mom needs a microscope to check your dick for herpes ya fucking wank-sock
>>
>>25610223
I would say that when Celestia and Luna had the Elements of Harmony, they where pretty much powerhouses, that where able to defeat most threats, remember EoH where first used against God of Chaos, but when Luna went all emo and Celestia had banish her to Moon, EoH stopped working, this much is learned from the first episode of series and when Discord is introduced. Also in the early part of her reign she had help of a certain powerful mage that helped out against any big threats, like Tirek.
>>
>>25610358
In the comic celestia without magic beats big mac in arm wrestling without even trying.
>>
>>25610337
you want twilight to be some kind of jesus fucking mohnarch of the universe, it's celesti anad luna who ran this whole show and set thing sin the motion, or twilight would never be where she is today

>>25610403

fuck your fucking cock-wanking rag comic you piece of hsit, it's not canon either, anything you would pull out your asshole
>>
She could btfo all the villians out of existence. The writers simply don't exploit that fact because otherwise the mane six would be useless and there wouldn't be a show.
>>
>>25610223
>It actually takes time and effort for the ruler to do things without a super weapon.
>Why isn't Celestia more powerful than the elements?
>Starlight Glimmer changes the timeline, everything's kind of okay because Celestia is more powerful than a super weapon
>Why didn't she just kill the slaves? It's not like she cares about ponies lives or anything
>She's totally the defender of the realm guys! Even though her talent has literally nothing to do with that.
>the ALICORN of the SUN.

Celestia's job is not to hold the pony's hooves, it's literally to just raise the sun. The ponies put her and her sister on the throne.

>inb4 I never asked for this
>>
>>25610428

because she is the tufkcing top tier, she's the god-tier, she's probably the one who wrote MLP in the first place
>>
celestia and luna has probbaly seen 10000 friends die, bow your fucking heads wank-socks
>>
>>25610450
And they shouldn't have any problem killing at this point.
>>
>>25610470

why would they kill people fuckin retard

they are powerful enough to stop anyone without killing or hurting

it's all planned unlike your abortion

celestia gave birth to megan
>>
>>25610431
>Implying that she never had time in any of those scenarios.
>Implying she'd need to be stronger than the elements.
>Implying she had to kill the slaves and not just Sombra.
>Implying she's never been depicted as a protector before.
>>
File: medium-8.jpg (69 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
medium-8.jpg
69 KB, 750x600
>>25610431
>The ponies put her and her sister on the throne.
I've always felt that Celestia never really want to be princess. Look at how she hardly gives a fuck about royal events like the gala or how she seams to have more fun with Ponyville residents then the ones in canterlot. She probably got rid of the canterlot voice thing herself. Her banishing her sister probably made her hate job even more. If it was up to her she'd hang out with sister and pull pranks all day. So in other words....
>>
>>25610488

are you aware of your dead fucking existencen?
>>
>>25610488
>Implying the events of the episode weren't just thematic
>Implying she wouldn't try to talk Sombra down because friendship
>Implying that even though she's been shown as a defender of the nation, she is somehow incapable of failing that task.
>Implying victory would be instant and effortless.

You're an idiot. The episode would have been utterly boring if Celestia was as overpowered as you would have had her as. Fact is that she has never been ultra powerful. Just old and experienced.
>>
>>25610223
>Does the finale highlight Celestia's incompetence as a protector?
Not just that, but how well Twilight has learned that incompetence as her star pupil. When your focus in on the magic of friendship you're not going to do very well against aggressive types with nefarious motives.
>>
In the last timeline Celestia just said fuck everything and went full supernova on equestria
>>
>>25610299
This actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>25610240
>>25610251
Well, Discord is very powerful and so is NMM. Lauren said Luna was stronger (sauce can't recall) but has trouble controlling it.

Chars like that make it harder.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.