[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S4 vs S5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: appeal.png (3 MB, 1276x2109) Image search: [Google]
appeal.png
3 MB, 1276x2109
Which scene appealed the most to your faggotry, Anon?
>>
>>25585657
Twilight looks like Bane in second bottom left
>>
>>25585668
FOUR U
But seriously, only for you, faggot. Commit sudoku.
>>
>>25585657
Both were shit but Discord confused me more, how the fuck did a creature like him get tricked? In context, Glimmer's was shit, but I suppose without, it's alright.
>>
>>25585657
Starlight's scene is so much like Scilight's in FG, which is really great desu

then again both are written by Haber

in fact, both might be happening in the same moment though in different universes
>>
>>25585657
discords was better

i like that he got screwed over by tirek, because he acctually believed that irek was his friend.
>>
>>25585657
Discord
>>
S4 cause I haven't watched s5 finale yet
>>
>>25585777
im howlin at the moon
>>
>>25585777
WITNESSED
>>
File: 0f0.gif (418 KB, 272x267) Image search: [Google]
0f0.gif
418 KB, 272x267
>>25585777
>>
>>25585693
>how the fuck did a creature like him get tricked?

What do you mean how? Discord does not understand friendship. They made it pretty clear that Discord has been pretty much alone his entire life (not sure about Smooze but he did refer to FS as his only friend), he's not evil as much as he is apathetic towards others beings, he simply does not understand anything but chaos.

With that in mind, it seems pretty reasonable that he would side with Tirek. All he ever had in life was chaos. Celestia basically neutered him on the conditions that he would have a single friend, and Tirek offered to be his friend and allow him to use magic again.

Tirek let him be who he is while still allowing him to have a friend. Everyone barring FS still hated and mistrusted him.
>>
>>25585657
>"It's not just my friednships that are important to Equestria. Everypony's are. When yours ended it led us here."
Holy shit, I didn't even notice that line. Is that Twilight saying sorry for ruining Starlight's town?
>>
>>25585934
she was talking about her childhood friendship
>>
File: 1448751176965s.jpg (3 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1448751176965s.jpg
3 KB, 124x120
>>25585934
>>
>>25585934
she was comparing it to her own, how when it ended it led to ruin. technically when starlights ended, it led to ruin too.
>>
>>25585724
Wow I could actually see both events taking place at the same time.
>>
>>25585982
>>25586069
But like Starlight said, she was fine with her village and then Twilight fucked up her friendship again; which only made it even worse. They wouldn't be in the current situation if Twilight hadn't fucked it up. I'd like to think she acknowledges that, is sorry that it drove Starlight to do what she did but is still aware that it was the right thing to do.
>>
>>25586193
Most likely how Haber planned it. But I don't get how old TS is late to help Sunset if she was time traveling. Shouldn't that imply that at the end of the episode when all is restored that time should also have been restored?
>>
>>25586195
Twilight fucked it up? Are you seriously trying to blame Twilight or put her at any fault?

Remember that Starlight is the one who started grooling over an Alicorn Princess showing up and it being good "for the plan".

How much more successful would Starlight have been if she had simply allowed one or two of the villagers to get their cutie mark and leave, if they wanted? Twilight & Co. would have happily walked away if she had just given Sugar Belle or whoever's cutie mark back.

Instead she fucked up her own thing by going all dictator mode.
>>
File: 1444532306080.png (80 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1444532306080.png
80 KB, 450x450
>>25586195
Yo, forcing your "friends" to give up who they are and giving you control isn't how it works. That's why Twi busted up her little cult town.
>>
>>25585657
You know EVERYTHING in this finale was derived from a Larson episode.

The whole Sonic Rainboom event was first shown in the Cutie Mark Chronicles, which he wrote. He came up with Star Swirl in Luna Eclipsed and referenced him and established his time magic in It's About Time that was the primary plot device in this finale.

He co-wrote the premiere which introduced Starlight and set up the conflict for this episode.
Wrote Amending Fences which did several things. The first was show the magic school for the first time where the lecture took place. It was also the 1st time we saw Starlight in the background which established that she was gathering intel on Twilight. And finally, allowed Twilight to have the answer for helping Starlight since the cause and resolution for Starlight's and Moondancer's conflicts were the exact same.
>>
>>25585657
Discord's was one of the strongest emotional scenes in the series for me, this one was pretty meh.

One is a character having a breakdown and a realization, growing on himself without anyone's help, learning friendship the hard way. The other is Twilight giving someone a friendship spiel and fixing their problems, for the umpteenth time. Moondancer 2.0 apocalypse edition.

I think it's a no brainer.
>>
>>25586512
>give up who they are and giving you control

So exactly what they made Discord do?
>>
>>25586602
Hello Tirek.

Discord is still himself at his core. His primary motivation has always been self amusement. He realized he could have even more joy in his hijinks by sharing in them with his friends. All he has to do is show a little restraint on his part. Hardly what I'd call throwing away his identity.
>>
>>25586602
You're right, Discord being reformed was stupid as well.
>>
File: Hooooooo_sheeet.png (3 MB, 1276x2109) Image search: [Google]
Hooooooo_sheeet.png
3 MB, 1276x2109
>>25586515
Damn son! Haber's a fuckken HACK!
>tfw Haber's getting paid to copypaste others work ^:|
>>
>>25586654
>friends
>s
He had one friend, the rest hated him and wanted him to leave as soon as he appeared. But I'm sure if RD was pissing people off by flying she'd be happy to clip her wings as long as Fluttershy was her friend (although everyone else never wants her around of course)

I'm being a bit extreme of course, but the idea that Discord was supposed to just sit around and die with FS watching over him after having been alive for who knows how long with only chaos magic to keep him occupied seemed pretty unfair. They don't put themselves in his shoes for a second and yet they act surprised when he turns on them.
>>
>>25585657

Only considering finales
S1>S4=S5>S2>>>S3
>>
>>25586515
Why didn't Larson write the finale? I enjoyed the ep, but Haber was an odd choice considering he only wrote 4 episodes prior to this
>>
>>25586963
Budget?
>>
>>25586982
I think they all cost the same.

Plus Larson is fuggin rich anyway.
>>
>>25586963

You're very silly if you think Larson sees this as anything more than a job. Or any of them.

He did it because nobody else wanted to, it's that simple.
>>
>>25586587
This^

Discord was more heartfelt overall. Starlight was nothing but shenanigans and pity.
>>
Remember all the "Twi justify evil" comic canon?
That's right, Twi is evil.
She is part antagonist.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.