[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the next Meghan McCarthy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Josh_Haber_grayscale_profile.png (204 KB, 507x640) Image search: [Google]
Josh_Haber_grayscale_profile.png
204 KB, 507x640
Is he the next Meghan McCarthy?
>>
>>25579312
josh haber suks
>>
>>25579312
No. He left to go work on the Skylanders show instead.
>>
>>25579312

He managed to make Equestria Girls entertaining and pulled off easily one of the best finales against all odds

I'd be cautiously optimistic if he replaced meghan
>>
>>25579312
He's certainly one of the best writers of the show. His episodes from season 4 were really fucking good, especially Castle Mane-ia.
>>
>>25579446
But Equestria Girls 3 is by far the worst of the bunch with its bullshit, and the finale got ruined in the last several minutes.
>>
Pretty much. This 2-parter has been the biggest Twilight Sparkle Power Hour(tm) to date.

McCarthy trained him well.
>>
I really hope not. With Meghan most likely no longer involved heavily in Season 6 our best hope is Larson hoping, which is rumored that he is.
Haber has a massive attitude problem and doesn't seem to care about the fandom. He doesn't even fake it
>>
>>25579704

You are out of your fucking mind if you think the original EG and all of its high school drama bullshit was better than EG3, and you're autistic if you think starlight needed to be physically destroyed to be defeated
>>
>>25579903
>doesn't seem to care about the fandom

You say that like it's a bad thing?
>>
>>25579939
Equestria Girls 3 was the worst because it made no sense. EqG 1 was bad, but slightly better because the sports games made no sense with the magic going on, and Midnight Sparkle was shittly rushed in, at least Sunset was already a villain before she went evil. Are you some Twifag who only like it because "muh adorkable scitwi"

>and you're autistic if you think starlight needed to be physically destroyed to be defeated
Do you have reading problems? I literally said in the post before she could have just been sent to magic jail or whatever, like Tirek. She didn't need to be destroyed, but redemption os fucking weird.
>>
>>25579903

I'm with >>25579974 here desu
>>
>>25580047
>The sports games made no sense with the magic going on
How so? What's her face strict lady tried having a fit about it but she was shut down

>midnight sparkle was rushed
I won't defend that. I think EG3 is easily overall better than EG1 but it's still mediocre overall at best

>I literally said in the post before she could have just been sent to magic jail or whatever, like Tirek
You literally didn't
And I disagree completely, there's no payoff or meaning to her just getting sent to prison. The thing about making the villain a character with depth as opposed to 'I'm evil and want to take over equestria' like chrisalis/sombra/tirek is you can't just lock them away without it being a copout. They established Glimmer as being better at magic than even twilight, so defeating her via talking her out of it actually made the most sense. If Chrisalis or Sombra were redeemed, that would be a different matter entirely
>>
>>25580285
>You literally didn't
I'm mixing up posts I made in another thread, my mistake.
>>
>>25580285
>I won't defend that. I think EG3 is easily overall better than EG1 but it's still mediocre overall at best
But I will defend it. The build-up to Midnight Sparkle was almost perfect because it actually laid out everything about SciTwi that would lead to her becoming corrupt and later getting redeemed. Quite possibly the best establishment of a villain with realistic motives and reasons in the entire MLP franchise followed by one of the few times the conflict was ultimately resolved by means other than magic friendship lasers. Cinch and the Shadowbolts played their part as antagonists pushing SciTwi further toward her fall to evil by playing on her desires and weakness.
>>
>>25579903
>doesn't seem to care about the fandom. He doesn't even fake it
That's exactly the kind of leader we need
>>
>>25579312
He is the most gerenic and most band writer in the show. Even Polsky would do something interesting with characters than this hack.
He is a Hannah Barbera tier writer
>>
Looking pretty fucking likely. Meghan's been promoted, Jayson is full-time feature pony film, AKR is gone, Larson is working on a book. Who the fuck else is left to take the reins and will they just throw it to the first person that stands up for it?
>>
>>25579704
>>25580047

I like you. Your thinking is fine.
>>
>>25582031
Not him, he isn't part of season 6, he stated as much. He left for Skylanders.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.