[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Razzle Dazzle supposed to be terrible or is the electronica-pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Countess_Coloratura_ID_S5E24.png (382 KB, 625x811) Image search: [Google]
Countess_Coloratura_ID_S5E24.png
382 KB, 625x811
Was Razzle Dazzle supposed to be terrible or is the electronica-pop genre really that awful?
>>
>>25520669
the last one
>>
>>25520669
>electronica-pop
That's just regular pop man. Bitches don't care for instruments no more.
>>
>>25521185
I knew the episode was gonna be mediocre when filly-rara had a grown mare's singing voice.
>>
>>25521207
Yeah, that was way weird.
>>
>>25520669
Both
>>
>>25520669
It's a parody of the genre and culture, especially with the lyrics
Even then it was pretty catchy
>>
>>25521367
So does that mean it was calling all her fans stupid? And orange retard horse is the only non-stupid pony? That's stupid.
>>
>>25521367
It was especially a parody of Lady Gaga.
>>
>>25520669
You sound frazzle
You shou be
Razzle or dazzle, glits and glam are also acceptable
>>
>>25521384
You don't have to be stupid to be into stupid pop music.

But it was literally a parody of modern pop, especially with the whole auto-tuning spell thing.
>>
>>25521207
Well, I mean it's not unheard of for kids to have dope as fuck singing voices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuK_FGMwcPQ
>>
>>25520669

I think it was supposed to be over the top ridiculous to show how far down the path she had been taken. It was all effects, costumes, dancers. None of her real talent was actually in use.
>>
>those background dancers
>>
>>25521679
>auto-tuning spell thing

Her voice is clearly tuned manually, and it's tuned all the way throughout. The spell only distorts her voice.

Other than that, yes, it was a reference to pop music, I'm not that well-versed in the genre but I'm pretty sure Countess RaRa -> Lady GaGa, and someone pointed out her manager looks very similar to Prince.
>>
>>25521831

I guess it doesn't work so well if you do it in a highly polished cartoon like this though, where literally every scene is effects and painstaking animation, because the Spectacle song easily outshines whatever she sings near the end.
>>
>>25522989
Not the manager. One of the backup dancers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.