[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel the lyrics to this didn't really fit the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1448139316468[1].jpg (84 KB, 1688x872) Image search: [Google]
1448139316468[1].jpg
84 KB, 1688x872
Anyone else feel the lyrics to this didn't really fit the character? They seemed to imply a complete change of character has taken place and Rara has finally opened her eyes, but that isn't what actually took place. To me Rara seemed happy with both her lifestyles but it was just her manager being a cunt. She always had that good in her
>>
>>25513195
It's just a song sung in the end
>>
>>25513195
Yeah, to me it seemed like a set up for her to get her cutie mark as an adult, hence the wild cheering when it glowed/appeared. Thought that would be cool, and also explain why the cutie mark crusaders seemed so happy for her.
>>
File: 1448116846136[1].jpg (50 KB, 1086x648) Image search: [Google]
1448116846136[1].jpg
50 KB, 1086x648
>>25513225
>to me it seemed like a set up for her to get her cutie mark as an adult
Yeah I thought maybe it was something along those lines. Think maybe because it was shown in the animatic that's what we imagined it as and expected. Honestly it did seem that way

>>25513201
This makes sense too...
>>
Song was top tier but I unironically can't stop listening to Razzle Dazzle
>>
>>25513195
Couldn't agree more. It's like something changed in the script where they made her not hate being a pop star but kept the song that suggests she hated it without changing anything.
>>
>>25513908
>Dem vocals
>Dat bass
I know what you mean. I just wish it was longer.
>>
>>25513960
Honestly I'm hoping out for extended versions of both that and Equestria My Home. Don't think it's likely though

GIVE ME MORE
RAZZLE DAZZLE
>>
>>25513981
Maybe if we ask Lord Ingram nicely?
>>
>>25513960
Ask and you shall receive
https://youtu.be/Vb_jXmC_-jo
>>
>>25513225
I think it seemed to imply that it glowed only when she was particularly inspired / impressive.

My headcanon is that she has become wildly popular, but nobody has seen that cutie mark glow the way it did ever since she became a pop star. So that night was the first time many of her fans ever saw that happen.
>>
>>25514002
Not far off. IT seems like whenever she's truly passionate about what she's singing, like crying, then her butt glows.

>>25513996
Thank you Anon. I wish you trips on your next post.
>>
>>25513986
Well you'd have to ask both him and Lena
>>
>>25513195
Maybe I'm just not reading enough into it, but I think it fits just fine. She wanted to make it big, and she was told to do pop music which is certainly a easy way to be famous, but at the time she didn't realize that it wasn't who she was. When her manager left, all she could do is go back to her natural element, which was when she realized what kind of music she wanted loved doing ("I hear my voice so clearly and I know that it is right").

Though I have to admit your interpretation makes sense and I'm not exactly great at analyzing stories/lyrics
>>
>>25514093
>she didn't realize that it wasn't who she was
It makes sense, but there wasn't even a slight hint that she wasn't being true to herself in my opinion. To me it just seemed like she changed but not that she disliked the change. There wasn't a reformation of character, she didn't lose sight of what's righteous in the pursuit of fame. I don't know, singing about knowing the real you doesn't fit when she didn't seem to lose sight of that at all.

But even that said I'd honestly agree your argument makes sense too
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.