[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a time travel episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17
>it's a time travel episode
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (17 KB, 281x378) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
17 KB, 281x378
>>25508561
>he begins a thread on the horseboard with an animu moeshit clone
>>
File: timetravel.png (1 MB, 1024x1280) Image search: [Google]
timetravel.png
1 MB, 1024x1280
>>25508561
>>
File: ohzqokwlg0iuhnhd2dpv.jpg (266 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
ohzqokwlg0iuhnhd2dpv.jpg
266 KB, 1600x1000
>>25508561
>"Stuck in a time loop"
>>
>>25508561

homura belongs in a garbage can
at least she'll find madoka there
>>
>>25508580
>he arguinsg a thread on the horseboard with an worst princess
>>
>>25508642
Homura was the best character in that series man.
I agree that Madoka is fucking trash.
>>
>>25508739

it's hard to respect her when she's madly infatuated with literal garbage

I mean sure, she's got willpower, but it's wasted on that pink-haired sack of shit
>>
>>25508739
>>25508775
Well desu that was literally the point of Madoka's character. She was a fucking nobody, an absolute retard and a worthless little fuck.

But not to Homura.
>>
File: 1447655089626.gif (262 KB, 531x578) Image search: [Google]
1447655089626.gif
262 KB, 531x578
>>25508580
But ponies are anime.
>>
>>25508830

Because Homura is an absolute retard
>>
>>25508841
"Love is blind"
also in the ORIGINAL timeline Homura was from she was at least mildly competent and saved Homura's life.
>>
>>25508580
But anime is pony.
>>
>>25508899

The Madoka that saved her wasn't the same person as the one Homura was obsessed with. Different timeline = different universe = different person.

I don't mean to be harsh but come on Homura, you can move time and space while your waifu is barely capable of stringing two sentences together. Have some self-respect. She's just a blob that Homura projects all her protective fantasies on. Madoka could literally be replaced by a cute puppy in a dress and Homura would be just as attached. She's an autistic madwoman. Why didn't she become infatuated with Mami, who also saved her in that timeline?

At least Mami isn't a total pushover. Not that I think any of the Madurkas are particularly compelling characters, but Mami desperately needed love which she never received. I guess she wasn't good enough for Homora.
>>
>>25508921
but bronies are weeaboos
>>
>>25508921
What's the story behind these "Anime" Characters?
>>
>>25508561
but OP, they're two episodes
>>
>>25509004
She was human, anon, we all make the dumbest fucking mistakes over people we think we love. Hell, I personally poked a hole in my arm and wrote out my waifu's name in blood a couple years back in that thread, you know the one. I'll give you that she turned into an autistic madwoman, but really, look at what she had to fucking live through, in the most desperate fucking moment of her life an ayylmao tells her "you can wish for ANYTHING you want", what would you do if one of your closest friends died like that and then that happened, you would try and save them no matter what right?
>>
>>25509004
She was more dedicated to her waifu than you.
>>
>>25508580
>homura
>moeshit clone
How can you be so fucking wrong?
>>
>>25509004
>The Madoka that saved her wasn't the same person as the one Homura was obsessed with
Yes it was, though. What Madoka lacked in competence she made up for in total and absolute selflessness, which was also the cause of Homura's despair. Even in timelines where Homura spooked the fuck out of her to try and prevent her from being a magical girl she STILL ended up making a wish and saving Homura. Every single time, without fail. That's Madoka.
>>
>>25509018
>*horsefuckers
FTFY
>>
File: bottom blasted, darling.png (1 MB, 1536x863) Image search: [Google]
bottom blasted, darling.png
1 MB, 1536x863
>>25509099
It all looks the same to me, family.
>>
>>25509034
>he can't even identify characters from some of the most influential anime ever made
Is this real? You should be able to name AT LEAST the 2 farthest back.
>>
>>25509063

except that doesn't happen in real life, and for that reason painting homura as if she's some kind of glorious martyr is disingenuous. yeah it's a dumb mistake, a mistake that is continually glorified because rhetorically homura is supposed to be this tragic character when really she's just a dumbass and the viewer has to suffer through her retarded obsession for the entirety of the series

I at least would've found it much more compelling if, after the first dozen or so tries, Homura finally grew a spine and was like "fuck this lmao" and moved on with her life. Instead she is eventually granted a bullshit cosmic reward in becoming some kind of goddess of love. As if it's laudable to be transcendentally self-destructive and obsessive over someone else. I just think that's a terrible message.

>>25509075

obsession is one-sided, that's not dedication

>>25509127

so her waifu was a doormat. it's also funny that it takes a magical wish (the powers of which are completely outside of madoka's agency) for madoka to show her supposed "selflessness." "Selflessness" that, by the way, only perpetuated Homura's suffering. She wasn't saving anyone
>>
File: kill urself.gif (2 MB, 560x740) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.gif
2 MB, 560x740
Sure is show related. Outstanding thread, OP. I'm ecstatic to learn more about madoka hooves and how glimmer light goku are going to stop queen beryl-tirek in the finale.
>>
>>25509240

I'd like to smell this pony's rump. how would it smell?
>>
>>25509205
>except that doesn't happen in real life, and for that reason painting homura as if she's some kind of glorious martyr is disingenuous. yeah it's a dumb mistake, a mistake that is continually glorified because rhetorically homura is supposed to be this tragic character when really she's just a dumbass and the viewer has to suffer through her retarded obsession for the entirety of the series
Of course it doesn't happen in real life, this is a magical girl anime. No one said Homura is a martyr, MADOKA is the martyr. Homura is just tragic. And you aren't even supposed to know Homura's motivations until episode 8 anyway, so how can we be suffering through her obsession when she just seems like a aloof bitch?

>I at least would've found it much more compelling if, after the first dozen or so tries, Homura finally grew a spine and was like "fuck this lmao" and moved on with her life.
DYEWTS? Homura cannot stop, she dies if she stops. Her only option is to push forward and try and try again.

>so her waifu was a doormat. it's also funny that it takes a magical wish (the powers of which are completely outside of madoka's agency) for madoka to show her supposed "selflessness." "Selflessness" that, by the way, only perpetuated Homura's suffering. She wasn't saving anyone
But anon, making a wish is equivalent to selling your soul and accepting an almost certain life of misery and despair. Time and time again Madoka chooses this option to save Homura. The more Homura loops in time the more she realizes how much Madoka is sacrificing for her. It is supposed to be a tragedy. Whether or not you think you're superior because of your logic and reason doesn't matter. If you actually watched the show you would realize that Kyubey specifically chose vulnerable, emotional, pubescent girls to get maximum energy. They never stood a chance.
>>
I pray Starlight Glimmer is Twilight's niece from the future, and the episode ends with Twilight performing an abortion on Cadence. Like South Park did.
>>
>>25509263

>she just seems like a aloof bitch

It's obvious from the beginning that she has a thing for Madoka. Oh, she's been trying to save her over and over again? Wow how awful. That really doesn't make it any more compelling.

>DYEWTS? Homura cannot stop, she dies if she stops

Yeah, and the show cheats by giving her an "out." She manages to succeed. If they were going to be honest about it she should've been stuck forever.

>the more she realizes how much Madoka is sacrificing for her

It's the same sacrifice over and over again, it's not like it's compounding Madoka's suffering. That's what pisses me off about the time loops. So much weight is placed on the supposed eternity of their actions that their suffering is perceived to surpass human limits.

I just think the show has a terrible depiction of love that is not at all romantic or laudable. It is like the anti-love. Perhaps in that sense it is a tragedy. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for Homura, sure. Just stripped of all the time-traveling hoodoo, the central source of her pain is the death of her friend. Not the time traveling, not the wishing, not the continual self sacrifice. All of that is just window dressing on the fact that Madoka is dead and never coming back. Which is painful enough without ascribing "bonus" suffering to a character just because she has to live it over and over again.

In real life you have to live with the memory of your dead friend, you don't get a chance to run through a bullshit magical time loop to save them. Is Homura's suffering somehow magnified and more extreme because she does have that chance? No, fuck that. As an allegory for suffering through the pain of one's memory, the show would work. But the show ISN'T about that, it's about killing yourself over and over again thinking that will make the pain go away. and Homura ultimately gets rewarded for it, which I think is an incredibly shitty message.
>>
File: 1407167443856.gif (3 MB, 2160x5928) Image search: [Google]
1407167443856.gif
3 MB, 2160x5928
>>25509426
>and Homura ultimately gets rewarded for it, which I think is an incredibly shitty message.
Oh I see what's going on here, you're one of those people who think Rebellion ruined the series. There is no "reward" for Homura. She does not "win" at the end of the series or even at the end of rebellion. The exact same thing happens. Homura tries to save Madoka, but ends up being saved herself. She is still trapped in a universe where she cannot save madoka.
>>
Homura is evil, and deserves to die.

She should have just moved on after Madoka died, like a normal person. Instead, her selfishness condemns the entire universe to mind-raping reboots.
>>
>>25509573
yeah, she REALLY fucked up her wish, she should have said:
"I wish Madoka never became a magical girl"
>>
>>25509717

Couldn't she just wish her back to life? Madoka brought a cat back to life with her wish.

Homura's wish just implies that she wanted dominance over Madoka.
>>
>>25509573

She can shape reality to her whims, how is that not a reward? And still she has not accepted her powerlessness.

>>25509639

I don't think she's evil, just dumb.

At the very least, though, this discussion has made me hate the series a little bit less, for when I typed out that the show could work as

>an allegory for suffering through the pain of one's memories

I realized that it does a pretty good job of that, it just gets mixed up with a lot of time-traveling, universe-switching nonsense that muddles the overall experience. And the ending is shit.

I can sympathize with Homura in that she refuses to accept Madoka's death, blames herself for it, and is unable to reconcile her extensive talents with her inability to protect Madoka. And it's sad that she ultimately never solves any of those problems and just retreats into fantasy and delusion. That is the tragic part.

She's not a hero though and her obsession with Madoka is not something to be emulated or praised. Madoka Magika is like the Frankenstein of the magical girl genre, a cautionary tale about a monster that tries to understand itself and the world and ultimately destroys both.
>>
File: I CAME.png (198 KB, 410x427) Image search: [Google]
I CAME.png
198 KB, 410x427
>It's a character development episode
Don't tell me I'm the only one with this fetish...
>>
File: 1406179317254.png (151 KB, 500x533) Image search: [Google]
1406179317254.png
151 KB, 500x533
>>25509738
>it just gets mixed up with a lot of time-traveling, universe-switching nonsense that muddles the overall experience. And the ending is shit.
Agree to disagree then. I personally loved the ending, I still cry whenever I hear this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C6MZul0lZ8

But yes, Madoka is not supposed to be a happy ending, Homura is not supposed to "win", there is no reward for at the end. The reward is that she is the only person in the whole fucking universe that remembers Madoka. And that she specifically remembers that she failed to save her. It is an absolute tragedy and probably one of the saddest things I've ever watched. Like Shakespearian levels of tragedy. And that's without rebellion that adds a whole level of fuckery to the equation.

>She's not a hero though and her obsession with Madoka is not something to be emulated or praised.
Madoka is the hero in Madoka Magica, and through her heroic actions she saved hundreds of thousands, or even more, magical girls from despair. Homura is just the tragedy that allows Madoka to fulfill her destiny, just a shitty pawn cast aside by fate for the greater good. Left to wallow in her misery, only able to carry on due to the fleeting hope that some day she will reunite with Madoka.

>Madoka Magika is like the Frankenstein of the magical girl genre, a cautionary tale about a monster that tries to understand itself and the world and ultimately destroys both.
It truly fucking is, but I fucking love it. Unironically the best anime I've ever watched.
>>
File: tumblr_nme4axlVvc1qh0lp0o1_400.gif (77 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nme4axlVvc1qh0lp0o1_400.gif
77 KB, 256x256
>>25508830
you bitches need Madokanon.
>>
>>25508561
Holy shit, fuck off /a/.
>>
What im hoping for in this finale
>Doctor Whooves role (time travel)
>4 pones from the season opener
>Twilight loses wings
>spike isn't useless
>Altered Mane 6
>>
File: 41539494_big_p17.png (205 KB, 336x494) Image search: [Google]
41539494_big_p17.png
205 KB, 336x494
>>25510207
>>homura can only wallow in her own misery, she was never anything more than a shitty pawn.
sorry, I can't hear you over how wrong you are, speak a bit louder so my little cup can hear.
>>
File: 1435621581406.png (150 KB, 388x280) Image search: [Google]
1435621581406.png
150 KB, 388x280
>>25510359
No you misunderstand me anon. Homura is best girl without a doubt, but during the series, she is just essential a pawn. A pawn of the incubators, and a pawn of fate.

Rebellion was not about her rebelling against Madoka, it was about her rebelling against her fate. It was about her finally saying "FUCK IT, I'm going to save her this time, try and stop me". And even though she doesn't fully succeed, it is at least a step in the right direction.

This is literally the best Madoka discussion I've had in over a year. Since the /a/ threads are all cancer with tripfags, shippers, and fake homuhater
>>
get off /mlp/ you fucking microdicked weeb faggots.
>>
>>25511205

benis
>>
File: 1446060420353.png (26 KB, 309x294) Image search: [Google]
1446060420353.png
26 KB, 309x294
>>25511640
>hehehe i will le bump le shit thread :DD
>>
File: 1431669557239.png (2 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1431669557239.png
2 MB, 900x1200
>>25510530
I wouldn't say it wasn't about rebelling against madoka, but it was certainly not rebelling against any one thing in particular. thats what happens when you make surreal art on purpose.

also, you need to submit to the kind rulers of /u/ if you want good madoka discussion.
>>
>>25509261
like poop, piss and possibly rainbows?
>>
>>25511884

That's hot stuff, Anon
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.