[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MLP: FiM - Closed Captions extraction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Hi,

I am one of the creators of czech fan subtitles for MLP. It's very usefull for us if we can use transcript from MLP Wikia and it makes translating a lot easier. But the transcript takes cca 2 hours to be done.
I know that the show contains Closed Captions and you can capture the broadcast and extract the Closed Captions from it with CCExtractor (at least I think you can). It would be instant and Closed Captions could be public right after the episode would end so we could do subtitles faster. I asked CinemaQuestria staff if they can capture the Closed Captions (because they already have livestream with them) and publish them on the web but sadly they can't.

So I am asking if there is someone (group, website...) who captures the broadcast, extracts Closed Captions and publishes them somewhere where I can get them (in text form). If not then if there is someone capable and willing to do that. I would be really grateful.

PS: I already wrote this on MLPForums but nobody responded... So, I hope that mighty 4chan can help me.

Thanks.
>>
>>22344782
I am too lazy to do it, not like I have access to the channel in my shitty country in the first place.
You should all consider learning english anyways, it is very useful.
>>
>>22344782
I thought about it 1 year ago. You won't get any help here.
>>
>>22344861
Because nobody gives a shit.
Like, honestly if you can get the subtitles already, there is no point in doing this since it will only speed things up a bit.
I remember when we used to have to wait for ages for cartoons to air in our countries and we weren't entitled to fast shit like now with the internet.
>>
>>22344782
>they can't
What exactly? Can't record? Don't want to waste time on encoding? Don't want to send raw video to you?
>>
>>22344892

They said that their CC streamer can't use that CCExtractor software because of his setup.
>>
>>22344873

I know that the difference in time would be just 2 hours

But there will be meeting a few hours after the episode is aired and I would like to make that subtitles early enough so they could use them. So I need them ASAP.
>>
>>22344918
There are other programs which can read subtitles from video frame the same way like OCR from photo.
>>22344939
You basically get full synchronized subtitles to translate and synchronize commercial breaks. How long would it take to make translated subtitles?
>>
>>22344960
Cool. What other programs? Can you give me a link? Maybe I could capture the livestream, use that program and extract the CC that way.

If I have transcript than it takes a few hours (me and my friend). But I asked a few other translators for help so it could take just an hour.
>>
>>22345013
First thing I found
http://www.divxland.org/en/guide/46/ripping_subtitles_from_hardsubbed_video_with_subrip

The question is if quality of stream is good enough to read it without mistakes.
You need to get actual stream recording and "learn" program to read that font with that quality.
>>
>>22345075
Also lags and other shit will possibly make unsynchronized. It's still better than anything but best way is to do it on directly recorded video.
>>
>>22345098
I don't need it synchronised. I only need captions itself because spoken english is sometimes hard to understand.

Now I only need some program to capture Ustream but I think I can find something :) In worst case I will just use something like Fraps...

Really thanks.
>>
>>22345186
Try https://yp1.yayponies.no/ypsubs.php ?
>>
>>22345310
That's not that.
I nominate HN to record episode with CC, extract subtitles and provide them to every translator
Run Stream Center next to main site or some shit
>>
>>22345186
If you want to record video from ustream, you can use livestreamer.
http://docs.livestreamer.io/
example usage:
livestreamer http://www.ustream.tv/creativelive-2 best -o "output.mp4"
>>
>>22345335
you sound more knowledgeable about this than I
do you want on-board to make it happen?
>>
From skype tip:
the iTunes rips should have CC embedded
>>
>>22345356
I don't live in Murrka
>>22345367
It's about getting them immediately after premiere
>>
ask /tv/, /a/, and /g/. Just don't mention pony.
>>
>>22345993
from archive
>And how is it even possible that 5 minutes after a show has ended on TV there's perfect .SRT-files all over the Internet? Are these things done automatically?
So random fags do it but we don't
>>
>>22346287

So sad...
Other fandoms can do it but bronies can't...
>>
>>22346379
There's a guy from EQD who records and uploads videos but I don't remember who. Maybe he can help.
>>
>>22346379
Because nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>22346491
t. Americuck
>>
>>22346510
Not even americuck, I am beaner.
If I had the american channel I wouldn't do it anyways cause too lazy to record it and buy the necessary stuff, plus wake up early the day it airs.
>>
>>22346490
XyroMLP
>>
>>22346541
>I am beaner
>too lazy
>wake up early the day it airs (11 AM)

Jeeze, anon, you didn't need to tell us you were Mexican THREE TIMES.
>>
>>22347139
http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/
Jeeze, anon, you didn't need to tell us you were American
>>
File: Flutterstrated.jpg (35 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
Flutterstrated.jpg
35 KB, 600x484
>>22347139
The third one is wrong, here it would be 8 am my time, not 11 am.
Also, is not like any americuck has stepped up to di it either right? so that's also not a mexican exclusive thing.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.