[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: escaflowne.jpg (503 KB, 1400x993) Image search: [Google]
escaflowne.jpg
503 KB, 1400x993
Opinions?
>>
>>14501793
Maze was really mediocre and I regret watching it
>>
>>14501793
One of my absolute favorite anime shows.
>>
>>14501793
A fun classic.

Great soundtrack, nice use of tarot imagery, Atlantis/Treasure Planet level fantasy setting, fun shójo (not just fujobait pandering).
>>
>>14501793

I still haven't seen it, should I? what am I in for?
>>
>>14502733
>I still haven't seen it, should I?
yes
>what am I in for?
>>14502726
its pacing is a little off but it's unique enough that it's certainly worth going through it
>>
>>14501793
We talking about the anime, the OVA, the first manga, or the second manga?
>>
File: KOROSU KOROSU KOROSU.jpg (32 KB, 524x300) Image search: [Google]
KOROSU KOROSU KOROSU.jpg
32 KB, 524x300
>no nonsense psycho MC that massacres his enemies

fuck yea
>>
I dound myself wishing for basically the entire cast to suffer drawn out, humiliating and mind-shrezdingly painful deaths. This made the anime a bit hard enjoy.
>>
>>14502733
>I still haven't seen it, should I?
Yes.

>what am I in for?
High fantasy adventure done in classic '90s style so don't expect any CGI or other flashy gimmicks that are in modern productions.
>>
File: dilandau.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dilandau.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>14502741
OVA? You mean the movie?
>>
I don't think I ever watched past the part where Van first [spoilers]reveals his wings[/spoiler], so I'm gonna give it another shot. The DVDs of this show started getting rare by the time I was interested in it.
>>
Fun show. I should rewatch it as I haven't seen it in like a decade.

The OP is fucking GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJuG3Guknw
>>
>>14501793
It's one of those shows where I think the robots are really cool but hate the show itself.

Like the actual show, all the characters and the plot suck shit and are gay as fuck, but man, robot knights with like clockwork cockpits are so fucking cool.
>>
ESCA-
>>
File: flonase.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
flonase.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>14502857
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (11 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
11 KB, 194x259
>>14502857
-LATOR.
>>
a potentially amazing mecha series ruined by shoujo genre and went downhill fast by second half

amazing OP tho
>>
PISSED OFF

OLD MEN
>>
>>14502857
-PE
KONO KAZE NI
NAMIDA WA NO SE
>>
>>14502759
A disappointing ending and a frustrating (yet realistic) girl.
>>
>>14502857
-bine

Attack! Attack! Attack! Ore wa senshi...
>>
>>14503092
>A disappointing ending

Wasn't it cut down in length for some reason?
Anyway, I found the ending pretty sweet even if I rooted for her to stay with Van.
She still has family on Earth, after all.
>>
>>14502857

Vweee Vwee Vwee

VI-iCTORY!
>>
>>14502767

god ,I want to fill his man ovaries with my semen.
>>
>>14503092
>A disappointing ending

How? I thought it was okay.
>>
>>14503135
It ultimately amounted to nothing. Her adventure over, she goes back to living on Earth as a single cat lady with nothing to show for it. It may as well have been a dream for her. Her friend got that Earth guy, Van got the cat girl maybe and his rural kingdom back. The siscon got his sister back. The princess that married that merchant left him to go do something unimportant because the protagonist revealed her lie about her having an unhappy life with the guy.

Everyone I know that has watched the show says that the time invested in watching was wasted.
>>
>>14503161
I'm sorry she didn't ascend into godhood in her Tengenn Toppa Escafrowne and bring Gaea into existence to eventually crash with some passing comet, eradicating everyone on it...
>>
>>14503161

You are one of those people who doesn't like a story if it doesn't end in a happy ending for everybody, huh?

That's some Nick Jr-tier shit, man.
>>
>>14503184
No one asked for that, thanks for putting words into my mouth, Mr. Strawman.

No one said it was a bad show, just a disappointing show. If it was truly bad, no one would have finished it in the first place.
>>
>>14503193
And another internet psychologist casting aspersions on someone from one post.

See >>14503195
>>
>>14503161

I was initially let down with the ending because I expected an epic final battle, but after my last rewatch of the show, I enjoy the ending now. The final moments between Dornkirk and Hitomi and the events of 25 leading into 26 make a lot of sense for the show.

Her leaving does seem to be a mistake, but she left having saved the world and growing into a better person. Who is to say something else didn't happen further down the road?
>>
>>14503207
>Her leaving does seem to be a mistake

You're forgetting this is her fantasy, her dream. You can't live i your dream when your family and friends are still on Earth, that's just wrong.
Gaea is a dream world, not her world.

Whatever she wished for would come true in Gaea, not exactly the ideal existence which is kind of the whole point that had to be made with Newton.

People like you are the reason why NGE is such a cluster-fuck.
>>
>>14503223
NGE is a cluster-fuck for other reasons.
>>
Mediocre start, fantastic middle part, terrible ending.
>>
File: Eoe_death_threats2.jpg (65 KB, 717x401) Image search: [Google]
Eoe_death_threats2.jpg
65 KB, 717x401
>>14503226
>NGE is a cluster-fuck for other reasons.

It had an ending, a conclusive ending. Ending that made perfect sense, simply lacked some in execution because the funds dried up.

But no, the fans had to go apeshit about it, abuse the fuck out of the creators and wound up with one of the biggest 'fuck you's to the fan base in the history of cartoon media.
>>
>>14503236
All that shows is that execution (and proper endings/ending properly) is important. It's just like a gymnastics performance. No one cares about all the perfect tricks you did if you break your leg at the ending.
>>
>>14503236
>a conclusive ending
> Ending that made perfect sense

None of this is true. Not even for the EoE version.
>>
>>14503259
>It says, front left and center, that the whole keikaku came to pass but they don't have the means to show it so they'll finish off the characters, instead.

It's not pretty but it's how it is with a studio that did this shit on allowance money. It goes over the characters and finishes the whole MC arc with him finally finishing happiness and getting over his insecurities.

>BOOOO! Not emo enough! I want blood, I want cries! I don't want happy endings! I'll fucking stab you and your family next time you visit Tokyo!

Is it emo you want? Here, have emo! Fuck you all! Fuck everyone and everything.

"Everything's fucked, everyone dies, the end ~ full stop"

Satisfied, you otaku bastards?
>>
>>14503274
tang =/= death
Are you projecting much?
>>
I'm confused. I thought Hitomi sees Vaan at the last shot of the show implying they reunite
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.