[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legend Heroes - Episode 03
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Meow.png (337 KB, 614x382) Image search: [Google]
Meow.png
337 KB, 614x382
https://lovexcare.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/legend-heroes-episode-03/

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=830314

Uhhh... We've never made a new thread for our releases before, and I was wondering what it'd be like? I'm pretty sure /m/ is where I found out about Legend Heroes in the first place, so I'd be pretty happy if even a few people were down to chat about it
>>
>>14500434
I don't watch this show, but I'm sure those who do really appreciate it. Keep at it, son.
>>
>>14500434
>Korean toku
Interesting, might give this a look.
>>
>>14500459

Awh, thanks dude!

>>14500484

Please do! The more the merrier!
>>
Kinda hard to jump in at episode 3. But the OP made it look nice.
>>
>>14500590

We skipped the first two for now 'cause they're already subbed. You can watch them here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUKUjYIsnUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN-tYt4JUyI

Our editor thought the first two were sorta meh though, but really enjoyed episode 03. So it might not actually be a bad idea to start with ours first
>>
Will you sub Erexion too?
>>
>>14500888
Is that the show's official YT channel? Strange they didn't sub the others.
>>
>>14500931

I can't speak for the others, but Erexion bored me to tears. Toku may be up for it, but then I'd have to lay down the base/initial translation and I just can't see that happening. I don't think it's a bad show, but it wasn't my cup of tea at all.

>>14500972

They said they wouldn't do more because Legend Heroes is airing for the first time right now. Uploading the full episodes may impact their ratings or whatever in a negative way, I guess? I'd still like to translate the show regardless, though
>>
>>14501035
Commendable decision, since non-drama Korean stuff is a niche that usually doesn't get coverage.
>>
>>14501067

It's weird, isn't it? I only learned recently just how little subs there are for non-drama Korean shows... Like, next to none. There's this new (Korean) magical girl anime called Flowering Heart, and I thought for sure someone would pick it up considering how popular that genre is but nobody did... Are people just not interested in Korean shows? Is it a lack of translators? But yeah, here's hoping a buttload of people will get to enjoy Legend Heroes now
>>
>>14500888
Watching those two episodes sold me on the show. It's got a nice charm to it.
>>
>>14501149

I am amazed they haven't done a Sangokushi sentai yet.

I would laugh if the token female character had a Diao Chan morpher.
>>
>>14501175

Edit disregard that, the girl turns into one of the warriors from Jin I think
>>
>>14500931
>>14501035
>Erexion
is that pronounced "Erection"
>>
File: with.png (724 KB, 858x484) Image search: [Google]
with.png
724 KB, 858x484
This is clearly a typo in the translation as she's saying he'll make his "Width" come true. As in his penis. Because it's all about thickness.
>>
So from what I can tell so far, it's Ryuki without the looming presence of death hanging over everyone's head, featuring a scene that is reminiscent of Decade's Rider War.
>>
>>14501221
That's what I gathered too, though the mechanics of the Dream Battle seem more like [C]'s, where you're wagering the life of your little AI buddy that represents your wish.
>>
>>14501236
Ah. Haven't gotten to that part yet. That definitely adds some tension/conflict to the story.
>>
Yeesh, I spend years trying to get Japanese Culture down and now I feel like all the Korean culture is going over my head.

I feel like it's important to ask, how long to shows like these run for in Korea? Do they resemble seasons in other cultures? Like 13 episodes? Or do they run a full year at 50ish?
>>
File: BLUE.jpg (43 KB, 855x476) Image search: [Google]
BLUE.jpg
43 KB, 855x476
Did I go color blind?
>>
>>14501300

There are a good few Asian languages where blue and green share a word iirc.
>>
>>14501149

YES! Welcome to the club!

>>14501197

Uhhh... It's sorta like "E - LE - JAI - OHN"

...Did that help at all?

>>14501221
>>14501236

Being like Ryuki isn't a bad thing, is it..? I've seen a ton of people make this comparison

>>14501275

I'm sorry, but I don't know... Legend Heroes is the first Korean show I followed as it aired. But two new episodes air every week, and it's set to have 50ish in total. One season.

>>14501300

"Blue Dragon" is a literal translation of 'Qing Long', which is the name of a great mythical dragon. But it's okay to use "Green Dragon" too, which is what they definitely should've done in this case... They were just lazy
>>
>>14501359
Ryuki is a great show with a focus on Rider vs Rider rather than the usual Monster of the Week format. It's a solid premise.
>>
>>14501407
Ryuki had a good premise but I thought the ending was bullshit, maybe this will be better
>>
>>14501304

You're half right. There's a word for both, it's just that blue is "understood" to mean green as well

Saying Blue = Blue or Green
Saying Green = Always Green

At least that's how it works in Korean, and I'm 95% sure it's the same with Japanese as well

>>14501407

Oh, okay. There's no monsters to speak of in Legend Heroes, so that sounds about right

>>14501413

We'll be finding out in about five weeks. I really, really hope that Legend Heroes has a fantastic (or at least decent) finale...
>>
watch, definitely watch
I don't understand a word, but it's easy to follow (with all tihis Ryuuki and Decade signs around) and frankly speaking, do we need a translation for such story as this? it's always (or almost always) the same
but yes, this said, I just enjoy a story that is in language I don't understand and just watch it without trying to understand
it's pretty good, and interesting, and it's not lke that the ending is cleary from the beginning, because it will change in next episodes
>>
>>14501413
Good thing the movies compensate for that.

>>14502602
>do we need a translation for such story as this? it's always (or almost always) the same
Yes. Context can be easy to figure out for an everyman, but good luck to them getting nuances, details or wordplay jokes in the dialogue.
>>
>>14502623
probably you are right, but for me personally it's only one strange languege changed to another strange language, so yes., it's the same, and for "first" watching I don't need the words, like kids that watch everything without understanding.
but yes, if you want to know more ddetails, then the translation is needed, more or less
>>
Thanks for subbing this, I enjoy it quite a bit.

Takes me back to when I was a huge koreaboo and used to waste hours of my days watching korean variety shows. I still kind of like kpop thou.
>>
>>14501139
>Flowering Heart
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=810949
>>
Episode 04 is with translation checking, now!

>>14502602

I get what you mean, I've been enjoying Legend Heroes just fine without any subs myself ;)

>>14502845

Awh, glad you liked it dude. Legend Heroes has been a fun ride, so I hope you'll continue to watch

>>14503063

Ah, this totally slipped my mind. To be fair, the second episode is nowhere in sight so... But I thought their subs were very well done, for what it's worth.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.