[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSG 0079 Trilogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
So... WHERE THE FUCK DID THIS COME FROM?
I'm not even joking here, since when did they love each other? Did the movie skip on it or something?

Just... what
>>
>>14498998
It's just as random and weird in the series.
>>
>>14499031
This.

It just comes out of the blue OP, so don't freak over it.
>>
>>14498998
>Trilogy
kys
>>
I don't think it was love so much as it was just attraction. Sleggar just waved his death flag. It was pretty sudden. The series showed them flirting, but it seemed pretty one-sided, though Mirai did show a little interest when it turned out Sleggar wasn't just an asshole. Whatever development they had together happened off-screen from that point to this one, and then he died.
>>
>>14498998
Literally the only flaw in Encounters in Space.

There's a tiny bit of foreshadowing, but it really needed more buildup. Like a scene in a cafe while the two are off duty or something.
>>
>>14498998
Get used to it. Tomino's views on human romantic relationships are akin to a space alien's.
>>
>>14498998
No, the Sleggar romance and Fraw/Hayato romance was just as sudden of an issue in the series as the movies.
The suddenness of it is just exacerbated in the movies because like 45% of the show, and thus character screentime, is cut.
>>
>>14499061
I love how the only sign of romance between Fraw and Hayato was literally just Hayato talking to Fraw and leaning over her desk a little with Amuro looking a bit dejected.

"Hayato's talking to her. He's leaning over her desk. She's getting the dick." It's so silly I can't be upset with it.
>>
>>14499052
>Tomino is at fault, not the fact that the series was cut short
>Tomino is at fault for not prioritizing romance in an action mecha series with almost zero solid character writing or development in the entire franchise in the first place

Besdies, you're just supposed to look at the robot fights. Don't try to pay attention to the plot and characters, you'll just end up hating it for how poorly executed it is. Hell, I watched most of SEED and Wing through youtube clips of their action scenes because I heard they were worse than most
>>
>>14499068
I don't think it was ever intended to come across in the first series anyway.
1985 reactions were still "what the everloving fuck."
>>
>>14499091
That sounds about right, actually. It's just really funny to me in hindsight.
>>
>>14499068
>I love how the only sign of romance between Fraw and Hayato was literally just Hayato talking to Fraw and leaning over her desk a little with Amuro looking a bit dejected.

There was also that bit of dialogue in the elevator right after that happens where one of the kids or Kai confirms it. Amuro just looks like
>Huh...

But I agree, it is kind of funny in hindsight.
Amuro lost out because he was too busy fighting Zeon that he lost his childhood friend to the manlet of the crew. It all happened off-screen while he was focusing on the Gundam and shit.
I also do kind of feel bad for Hayato because, come on, he was Fraw's second choice after Amuro.
My reaction at first was also "What the fuck, where'd that come from?", but it's also part of why I love 0079 - it's flawed but in such charming ways. Wabi-sabi in a nutshell, really.
>>
>>14499068
The way I saw it, back when I watched Zeta, is that the only reason those two got together was to just adopt the kids. Then, they started to have feelings for each other.
>>
>>14498998
That is just Tomino's approach to relationships. He doesn't see why he should explore in detail something as trivial and casual as how or why people develop feelings for each other. It's not romance anime after all and this sort of thing should be natural and easy to understand for anyone who is not autistic.
It gives his series a sense of reality.
If you don't like it watch Toradora or Clannad.
>>
>>14499070
>>Tomino is at fault for not prioritizing romance in an action mecha series with almost zero solid character writing or development in the entire franchise in the first place
WEW
>>
>>14499115
I like that too, honestly. I'm a pretty discreet individual when it comes to my love life, so the fact that these things happen so low-key makes sense to me. We sort of see it from Amuro's perspective that way, too.

>>14499117
That's an interesting way of looking at it.
>>
>>14499117
It's been a bit since I watched 0079, but isn't Hayato carrying a torch basically from the get-go and Fraw doesn't accept her consolation prize until he makes an almost-deathbed confession to her?
>>
>>1449907
>Tomino is not at fault that his characters have poorly written personalities and relationships

Who is then? The intern that brings his coffee?

>>14499139
>That is just Tomino's approach to relationships. He doesn't see why he should explore in detail something as trivial and casual as how or why people develop feelings for each other. It's not romance anime after all and this sort of thing should be natural and easy to understand for anyone who is not autistic.
It's his approach on relationships but it's not really good writing just because of it, you can't say that something's good because the author thought it was good when he wrote it.
>It gives his series a sense of reality.
No it doesn't, people don't fall in love from one moment to another and want to get married out their asses
>inb4 it happened off-screen so it's ok
That's not how it works when you're telling a story, if you're reading a shonen manga and the MC takes out the MC with his new superpower that we had never heard about it's an asspull. Same applies here.

>If you don't like it watch Toradora or Clannad.

No need to get assblasted and defensive you retard.
>>
>>14498998
It's your fault for watching recap movies instead of the actual show. It skips all the character development.
Unless this is bait and I fell for it
>>
>>14498998
No, it's not the movies.

The show was like that too, and Fraw with Hayato is the same.

Gundam did pretty cool things, well written characters was not one of them. Though Amuro as a character still holds up, he's easily the best written character in the series.
>>
>>14499284
Please define good writing and bad writing, please.

Pro-tip: Realism/closeness to reality =/= good writing, americunt
>>
>>14499284
>you can't say that something's good because the author thought it was good
I'm not saying it's good because the author thought it was good. I'm saying it's good because I thought it's good.
>if you're reading a shonen manga
Exactly.It's fighting manga. The fight is the object of the narrative. If the fight is not good then it wouldn't meet the basic requirements of it's genre.
If you were watching romance anime and you weren't told how the characters feel about each other or why they do so the point of telling such a story would be lost.
Gundam is not romance anime though. It's a war drama. Tomino's romance adds to the human element of the story without distracting you from the main point. You are not here to get "feels".
>people don't fall in love from one moment to another
They do actually. That's usually exactly what happens.
>and want to get married out their asses
I don't remember anyone in Tomino's series doing that. It does happen sometimes but usually it involves a lot of alcohol.
>>
>>14498998
You lot should really read more period accounts from the World Wars.

It was common for a lot of people to get married quick even if they have the barest of connections/chemistry because they think they have a high chance of getting killed the next day .
>>
>>14499115
Actually Hayato and Fraw are childhood friends, Amuro's childhood friend died during the war on Earth.
>>
>>14499068
The Origin scene where Hayato asks Amuro's permission to go out with Frau is so pathetic.
>>
>>14500265
I wonder if Yas has some sort of masochistic tendencies.
I bet he self-inserts in Garma and wants Char to rape him in his sleep.
>>
>>14498998
I literally made this thread a year and a half ago OP. I don't fucking understand it still, the worst part was she was engaged to that other guy the episode before, I thought she was going to attempt to jump Bright's bones before that scene.
>>
>>14500291
>>I wonder if Yas has some sort of masochistic tendencies.
Well he was a long time business partner with Tomino, and they're both Japs, so..
>>
>>14499070
>with almost zero solid character writing or development
>in MSG
So you only watched Youtube clips of 0079, too.
>>
>>14498998
>Did the movie skip on it
The movies skip on over half of the story, anon. That's what you get for watching the six-hour version instead of the fourteen hour version.
>>
>>14499284
>Tomino is not at fault
>Who is then?
Hajime Yatate
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.