[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot uprising soon! http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/ la-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
Robot uprising soon!
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-crimefighting-robot-hurts-child-bay-area-20160713-snap-story.html
>>
THIS IS WHY YOU PUT SOMEONE IN THE CRIME FIGHTING ROBOT
>>
>>14496307
> The company said the child ran toward the robot, which veered to avoid him as it was patrolling, and the toddler then ran backward and directly into the robot. When the robot stopped, the boy fell to the ground.

Look, is it so damn hard to keep an eye on your child so they don't do shit like this and get themselves hurt?
>>
>>14496307
but then it'd be a mech

>>14496662
a child could run into a clearly marked minefield surrounded by giant flashing neon signs and you'd still have angry parents
>>
>>14496662
>Look, is it so damn hard to keep an eye on your child so they don't do shit like this and get themselves hurt?

>>14496297
>Tiffany Teng

The Chinese let their brats piss in trash cans, what do you think?
>>
>>14496662
Oh I didn't even look at the article.

>>14496677
And them being a police mech would be a problem?
>>
WHY IS AMERICA SO

ROBO-PHOBIC?
>>
>>14496297
Obviously that child was a crime and the robot fought it.
>>
>>14496723
>And them being a police mech would be a problem?
no, it'd be a robot
>>
>>14496767
What?

I just want Patlabor to be a thing damn it.
>>
>>14496723

Wouldn't police mechs just convince the more high-strung people to start homebrewing explosives?

Instead of a Dallas shooting, you'd have a Dallas blast party.
>>
>>14496847
Worth it. Dallas will just have to take one for the team.
>>
>>14496847
Oh yeah people hate the police now.

Well I guess you gotta start making a enemy that everyone will hate.

I still can't believe someone said "We should just get rid of the police"
>>
File: 2016-07-11-cbs-tm-robotbomb.jpg (18 KB, 410x244) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-11-cbs-tm-robotbomb.jpg
18 KB, 410x244
>>14496859
>>14496847
Dallas police are already using robots AND bombs in tandem.
>>
>>14496870
Probably the same people who think The Purge sounds like a reasonable policy.
>>
>>14496913
Seriously don't get me started on how fucking much I hate The Purge.

>"Hey what do you think people would do if there were no laws?"
>"MURDER"
>"But what about theft, or any other illegal activity?"
>"NO MURDER. MURDER MURDER MURDER"
>>
File: 1466639989539.jpg (101 KB, 513x509) Image search: [Google]
1466639989539.jpg
101 KB, 513x509
>>14496297
Boston Dynamics will be the first ones on the wall.
>>
>>14496932
>bank CEO steals everybody's money on the first day of the purge
>large part of the population is now poor
>nobody can take it back since it's yours now
>nobody can afford protection from the purge
>invest in safe shelters for the poor
>next purge, reveal they are all gas chambers and kill millions
>import illegal weaponry
>come purge 3, hand it out for free and tell hired goons to release all prisoners Bane style
>also poison all water supplies you can with illegally imported neurotoxins
>finally use the last of your cash to buy a shit ton of bombs that blow up the president's motorcade on the day after the purge because lol fuck you
>go to netherlands, get 15 years for murder in a damn fine prison, live in solitude and watch the cocrumblcountry from your safe cell
>>
>>14496932
When has dystopian fiction not ever been an insult to one's intelligence?

It's a genre built upon the premise that society at large is full of stupid fucks.

Which it is, admittedly, but not to such an overwhelming degree as to cause a mass retardation event.
>>
File: Karlpost.gif (98 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Karlpost.gif
98 KB, 500x281
>>14496932

I'd honestly kick a duck up the arse.
>>
>>14496297
This is why we need our police robots to fly, so they won't run over children.
>>
>>14496297
>Bay Area
That kid fucking deserved.
>>
>>14497034
Mad Max was alright, because it was years and years later to where you would probably have to resort to that.
>>
>>14496904

Well, there's that, but if the shooting was any indication, civilian-staged bombing probably also involves setting fire to policemen's houses or tossing molotovs into patrol cars at traffic lights.
>>
>>14496297
Trieze is rolling in his grave right now.

Why didn't we listen?

Only OZ can save us from the inhuman automation of security, law enforcement and warfare.
>>
>>14497124
OZ was the organization in the show that moved towards near complete reliance on automated warfare and then was ruined and left by the wayside.
>>
This knightscope company seems pretty small and unnoticed. They just announced a the K3 model, much smaller than the current K5. I have a feeling this might be snake oil.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.