[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite show in the gundam franchise thread /m/? Tell me your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: V-gundam1.jpg (560 KB, 1014x1024) Image search: [Google]
V-gundam1.jpg
560 KB, 1014x1024
Favorite show in the gundam franchise thread /m/? Tell me your favorites and why, heres mine love it for the bleak story and hopeful ending
>>
File: 1459194841099.jpg (49 KB, 558x600) Image search: [Google]
1459194841099.jpg
49 KB, 558x600
>>14496217

>UC verse
1: Zeta
While the plot does tend to meander everywhere but towards resolution, it still has great action, iconic characters, cool mecha designs, nice music and Pimptimus sama. Muh 1st Gendoom

>Honorable mention: Unicorn
Glorious production values and amazing action set pieces, spectacular sound design, great - if bit zeekwanky story, only a foolish contrarian will deny it being the best thing to happen to Gundam since F91.

AU's
1: G Gundam
A breath a very much needed fresh air to the series, enjoyable and doesn't treat itself too seriously.

>Honorable mention: G 00 1st season
While flawed - it's still a cut above the rest when it comes to AU. Tries very hard to avoid retreading the usual Gundam tropes - too bad S2 shits the bed.
>>
>>14496217
f91
>>
>>14496371
OP here 00 is a good favorite of mine too anon its what brought me back into the franchise i agree on s2 i ended up dropping it and looking up the ending cause i got bored of it compared to s1 which to me was much more exciting
>>
>>14496217
Pretty excited for this to drop over here. I started watching it and then stopped when it was announced, as I am an idiot who thinks that actually supporting this franchise will help maintain future releases despite evidence to the contrary.

I have to give my overall favorite right now to Zeta, I think. >>14496371 summed it up pretty well. Honorable mention to G and 08th for me -- which is odd to actually say because they're probably the furthest apart in tone out of the whole the franchise, but I enjoyed both very much and could sit down with either pretty much any time.
>>
>>14496217
You posted it OP. I love the chracters, the hopeless odds, the designs (Gunblastor, Hexa Dash, Shokew, Zolo, the Mobile Armors and all motorcycles/tires are love, beam rotors are cool, and creative use of beam weapons was wonderful), the occasional humor, and it had the most emotional scene(s) in Gundam. Perfect? No, but I love it the most.

>>14496371
Define "best thing to happen to Gundam", because both G Gundam (as the first AU which prevented UC bing prematurely milked and Gundam dying) and Turn A (as a series) were better for Gundam than Unicorn.
>>
>>14496371
>no turn a
00 is not a gundam.
opinion discarded.
>>
File: ayy le dance.gif (770 KB, 127x189) Image search: [Google]
ayy le dance.gif
770 KB, 127x189
I just got into this franchise and so far I've only watched Iron-Blooded Orphans and I have 4 episodes left of the original series.

I like the original series a lot more. The art style is nice and I like how the bad guys aren't evil. It certainly presents it's anti-war message better than IBO. Not to say that I didn't enjoy IBO, I thought it was great.
>>
Going to be predictable here.

UC: 0080. It maybe isn't the best from a mecha-series standpoint but I found it to be a poignant story and something that wasn't just a good Gundam OVA, but a good anime in general.

For a full series probably Zeta. It drags in parts but it has memorable characters, good action and some of my favorite mechanical design.

AU: G Gundam, because it's Street Fighter with super robots.
>>
0th MS Team, for no other reason than the lead being voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
>>
>>14496490

>>14496371 Poster here.
I might have chosen my words hastily, "best thing to happen to UC" would be more fitting.
Otherwise I agree with your sentiment regarding G, as you can see, considering deem it as the best overall AU series.
Turn A Gundam never really resonated with me, while a FAR better series than shitshows like Wing and trainwrecks like SEEDs - it never did much for me. But alas - opinions, Anon.
>>
File: seems like you have autism.jpg (76 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
seems like you have autism.jpg
76 KB, 960x720
As someone who only started watching a month or so ago, my favorites so far are 0079 and Zeta. I really liked following the development of Amuro, Char, Kamille across the OYW and subsequent conflicts.

I also watched Turn-A concurrently with those two so I could cleanse my palette every now and then from all the 'war is hell' stuff. That and I really like the design of the Turn-A.
I tried watching 00, but it didn't really click with me at all.

Also, should I watch ZZ, or just skip to Char's Counterattack? I've heard that ZZ is kind of rough.
>>
>>14496507
>watching out of production order
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>14496641
As with anything, try it for yourself and see what you think. If you hate it then quit and move on.
>>
File: 1342673506570.jpg (10 KB, 189x158) Image search: [Google]
1342673506570.jpg
10 KB, 189x158
>UC

Victory because of the sountrack and V2. Honorable mention? ZZ.

>AU

Not gonna lie, 00 first half was good enough that it makes up for the atrocities that is the 2nd season. The bad guys and fag fighters carried this show - who were the gundam pilots anyway?

Honorable mention? G Gundam because fuck Turn A and the homosexuality that is it's fanbase that really arent even true UC gundam bros.
>>
>>14496643
Are you RETARDED?
He IS watching it in production order - so far.
He got randomly hooked on IBO and started over all the way from the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
>>
>>14496682
I still like how one of the 00 pilots died and got replaced with himself and then nobody cared.
>>
File: Loran3.jpg (132 KB, 796x1000) Image search: [Google]
Loran3.jpg
132 KB, 796x1000
>>14496217
Probably tied between Zeta and Turn A. I really like the way Zeta builds off of 0079, Kamille is one of my favorite characters, memorable soundtrack, and some great plot moments.
Turn A for being really unique in terms of premise, execution, and designs along with the same pros as Zeta. Both of these have some of my absolute favorite designs in the franchise.
Honorable mention to Victory, nice taste OP, and F91. Crossbone anime when.
>>
>>14496643
IBO was the show that introduced me to the series. I'm watching it in production order now.
>>
>>14496217
G Gundam; it's the only series where it makes sense for people to use huge, brightly colored humanoid robots for combat because the premise of the show is built around the absurdity of the concept.
>>
>>14497022
This guy gets it.
>>
>>14496641
Well, i have good news: you have good taste.
Chars counterattack is a movie so its a pretty quick watch, go for it. IIRC there isnt really anything about ZZ that you need to know to understand CCA. Also i would recommend you watch Origin while the UC shows are still fresh on your mind
>>
>>14496641
ZZ is mediocre, but it's still pretty iconic and fun in a ramshackle sort of way. Go for it!
>>
AW Gundam X and Turn A
>>
>>14497022
I agree and the irony of this is that the series with the most toyetic designs gets the least gunpla love.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.