[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the hell did Quatre manage to build this thing, anyway?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: gundam_wing_zero_toy1[1].jpg (453 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
gundam_wing_zero_toy1[1].jpg
453 KB, 1200x900
How the hell did Quatre manage to build this thing, anyway?
>>
I was under the impression that he found it.
>>
>>14494849
I'm pretty sure Quatre is rich enough to afford model kits
>>
Quarter's father was dead and Irea was either unconscious or dead, so he took control of his family's resources to build the Wing Zero based on blueprints he found whole in the factory that the family used to build the Sandrock.
>>
>>14494849
>joints on the outside of the wing binders

Why?
>>
>>14494849
I'm ass-pull stories can easily deal with that
>>
>>14494871
The Romefeller Foundation seized control of the Winner family's resources, and Quatre was alone in his endeavors as far as we can tell. Hell, he's the only Gundam pilot in the series that we never even see performing rudimentary maintenance on his machine (he lets the Maganacs handle that), so he's arguably the least tech-minded of the main characters. Plus, throughout the rest of the series, anyone trying to ship large amounts of Gundamium anywhere set up huge red flags and had OZ rushing over to check it out. He also had no idea what the Zero System really was, despite putting it together himself, apparently.

Trieze building Epyon is a bit more believable, since he has a lot more resources and people willing to keep their mouths shut at his disposal, but making an exact copy of the Zero System apparently by complete coincidence defies logic.

I'd rather just pretend that Wing Zero at least had the basic systems built already and abandoned somewhere that Quatre could find it, and finish it up with some spare parts. Because they really rushed that whole plot out of the gate.
>>
>>14494879
You're ass-pull? Did your parent consciously named you that?
>>
>>14494849
Money. Just ask Batman.
>>
You know, a lot of Wing asspull could have been explained if they just had made the pilots new types.
>>
>>14494906
Quatre was performing maintenance on the Sandrock in the Peacemillion's hangar in the episode that they were getting attacked by wave after wave of Zero system enhanced Virgo II MDs. There were probably a few other instances.

>Plus, throughout the rest of the series, anyone trying to ship large amounts of Gundamium anywhere set up huge red flags and had OZ rushing over to check it out. He also had no idea what the Zero System really was, despite putting it together himself, apparently.
I doubt OZ was actually doing that. That didn't stop the Maganacs from rebuilding the half-complete Sandrock, and it also didn't stop that friendly colony from completing Wufei's Altron or interfere with Peacemillion's repairing the Gundams.

>but making an exact copy of the Zero System apparently by complete coincidence defies logic.
OZ had the Wing Zero in their possession for a few episodes. That was before OZ split into the Treize faction and the rest of OZ sided with Romefeller.
>>
>>14495050
True. The thing with Wing Zero being in OZ's possession is one of those instances where the amount of time passing is a bit unclear, since it was only a couple of episodes between Heero and Quatre abandoning Wing Zero and Zechs stealing it from a disposal team, but I guess enough time was supposed to have passed for them to have copied it.

I keep going back to the instance where everyone in OZ immediately knew that Zechs was guilty of treason just because he noticed him ordering a bit more Gundanium than usual, but come to think of it, they really did just kinda stop paying attention after that.
>>
File: 1443084785170.jpg (279 KB, 750x608) Image search: [Google]
1443084785170.jpg
279 KB, 750x608
>>14494874

They unfold in Neo Bird Mode.
>>
>>14495201
No, he's talking about the unsightly joint that doesn't exist in the official art. The official art has a hidden joint that isn't visible even when the wings are closed up.
>>
>>14495201
He's talking about the joint being on the outside. In the show, lineart, and original kits the joints that open the binders are hidden inside them. On the modern hgac and RD they're a big ugly hinge on the outside.
>>
File: h174_00b.jpg (62 KB, 577x600) Image search: [Google]
h174_00b.jpg
62 KB, 577x600
>>14494866
OP pic is RD figure not model kit
>>14495242
>>14495252
It's just another instance where the lineart is hard to translate into working design. The way Okawara designed Zero's ankle armor also makes the articulation there limited. I guess he doesn't thought that and the wing joints thoroughly.
But at the very least RD wing joints are less unsightly than HGAC version.
>>
Small 10 million dollar loan from his dad
>>
>>14494906
Wasn't the Wing Zero concealed in an asteroid, which Quatre just tracked down? It's been a while since I watched Wing though.
>>
>>14496796
No. Wing Zero's first appearance is when it approaches an OZ asteroid base and blows it up. You are probably just not remembering what the asteroid was for.
>>
>>14494849
With some gusto, moxie, and a little bit of elbow grease.
>>
>>14494849
Don't think too hard about it, it's Wing.
>>
>>14494849
He's rich, he knows other rich people, and he's also a test tube kid with enhanced technical aptitude.

Between money, connections and his own MS expertise, as well as complete blueprints detailing how to build WZ, it was probably a lot easier than staging a guerilla war against a secret society of aristocrats.
>>
>>14496803
>You are probably just not remembering what the asteroid was for.
CRASHING THIS PLANET...
>>
>>14497110
>he's also a test tube kid with enhanced technical aptitude.
No, Quatre was the only offspring of his parents to have a natural conception and birth.

http://mangafox.me/manga/shin_kidou_senki_gundam_w_episode_zero/v01/c006/1.html

>>14497117
No, see the episode:

https://youtu.be/mk_xgxByf-U?t=180
>>
Jock Gundam ver. Chad is still best.
>>
>>14497209

This
>>
>>14497209
HOLY FUCK
THOSE
PROPORTIONS
ARE
HIDEOUS

let me guess
Katoki
>>
>>14497355
Yeah, you can tell by the hideous shoulder pauldrons and goofy wing designs that that's Katoki's Wing Gundam redesign. I didn't actually mind the Endless Waltz Wing Zero, or his redesigns of Sandrock Custom and Heavyarms Kai, but the rest of them are terrible. I'm pissed that Gundam Breaker 3 has the idiotic-looking Katoki version of Deathscythe Hell rather and not the TV one, when it has both variations of Wing and Wing Zero.
>>
>>14495119

It's not concidence Epyon is basically Wing Zero with a dragon motif instead of bird and with the ranged weapons swapped out for melee only.

They built it from the data.
>>
>>14499830
Where did they get the Hambrabi's transformation system from?
>>
>>14497152
The middle part of Wing was the best, fuck the final arc and Zech chimp out.
>>
>IT'S TRANSFORMIING
>>
>>14495010
this implies a VERY complicated birth
>>
>>14495242
I had a kit of it with without those horrible joints

HG i think

truly a dank kit
>>
>>14497355
The lineart proportions are just fine. The MG fucked up the chest (too big) and the shoulder armor (placed too high). The chest needs to be smaller in general but the waist especially needs to be shorter and slimmer. The arms need to be shortened a little but most the problem is the shoulders, which are basically 2/3 of a head too high. In the lineart the top of the shoulders are almost level with the top of the torso.
>>
>>14496159
The HG kits have very lazy designs in general. A lot of HGUCs have easily avoidable articulation problems because the designers just wanted to keep all the lineart accurate details molded onto a single piece rather than come up with something that looked relatively accurate while giving good articulation.

GM III I'm looking at you. They didn't even use the Unicorn OR ZZ design, it's this strange mix of both that has dumpy proportions but with Unicorn's hard edge style.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.