[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the only real problem with 7 is that it's long and repetitive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: Macross.7.full.228987.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Macross.7.full.228987.jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
So the only real problem with 7 is that it's long and repetitive.

Has anybody considered making a fan edit that trims it down to an acceptable length? And if so, what would that be? 26 episodes, 13 episodes? 6 episode OVA. 2 hour movie?
>>
>>14494847

There's already a recap movie, with Frontier's cast and it covers almost the whole tv series.
The problem is that with all those cuts you don't get in the right mood.
Maybe 3 or 4 movies, Dynamite aside, comprehensive of all the main moments would be acceptable IMO.
>>
>>14494994
Yeah, FB7 is way too short and a bad editing job in general. I'm talking about something that's less of a quick cash grab.
>>
>>14494847
I've often thought of this. There's just so much unnecessary fluff to this series. That can be said of a lot of long series but M7 really takes the cake.
>>
>skip 10 or so first episodes
>fixed M7
>>
Would it be possible to cut it down so each song only gets sung once? Or at least just reduce the amount of times we have to listen to planet dance?
>>
>>14494994
Was that ever properly subbed?
>>
>>14494994
>There's already a recap movie, with Frontier's cast and it covers almost the whole tv series.
That's not really a recap, that's just a set of music videos like Flashback 2012
>>
>Basara won't listen to Mylene's song.

What a fucking asshole.
>>
>>14495433
>having this shit taste
>>
>>14495433
Enduring the tedium of the early episodes helps you grasp how hard it was for Basara to force the universe to obey his ideals.
>>
I would have still liked Macross 7 even if it was 100 episodes long.
>>
>>14497601
Man, by the end of Dynamite I was just getting started.
>no Macross 7 fleet cruising the galaxy looking not looking for a planet
>no short arcs of new enemies to listen to Basara's song
>no cute deito episodes with Max and Miria and the aliens they inevitably have to fight
>no more cameos from their other kids
>no flower girl backstory
>no day in the life of Veffidas episode
Encore should have been fifty eps.

Actually, brings to mind how Basara just hops on a liner to get to the marsupial planet. If it's that easy to travel between inhabited worlds, why are colony fleets looking for planets anyway? Why don't they just move when they've found one? What are these fleets DOING for their years in transit?

I can accept Sheryl catching a flight to Frontier if that was one of the only flights available, but it seems just so easy for humans to travel in between inhabited space and the colonies.
>>
>Gamilin still dosn't realize Mylene is part of fire bomber.
>He's seen her picture on the band's poster last fucking episode.

I'm not sure who's dumber at this point, him or Basara.
>>
>>14497612
Colony ships aren't just people. They're entire cultures and societies, and they're searching for new uninhabited places to add another basket for humanity.

Also, with the way fold tech works, finding stuff is hard but once you know a location heading there is much easier.
>>
Macross 7 should have been a weekly series that lasted until 20256 desu
>>
>>14499552
That's why you send explorers and prospectors out to find nice places before you load cities on spaceships.
>>
>>14495013

The audio editing in particular was atrocious, on more than on occasion they had two pieces of music played on top of eachother with different BPMs.
>>
>>14495459

There is a pretty serviceable sub up on Nyaa; search for HotAnimaSpiritia.
>>
>>14494847
No, because fan edits, no matter what the source material, are fucking retarded. And you're fucking retarded for thinking that they're good.
>>
>>14497754
He wasn't into music and FB was still not very popular at that point.
>>
>>14499795
The one for Madoka is pretty good.
>>
>>14499821
I know but he had been "Investigating" Basara and was looking at posters in the previous episode. Not recognizing the pink haired girl next to him is pretty stupid.
>>
>>14499962
Probably thought it was some other half-Zent.
>>
>>14495057
But how will i follow the very deep intellectual plot?
>>
>>14497544
Because Mylene is shit, her sister is 10 times better.
>>
>>14500442
While her sister is much better Mylene's comfortably above the midline of Macross girls.
>>
>>14500446
??

-Milia
-Hanataba no shoujo
-The moe biker girl
-The bridge bunnies

Are all above her, so definitely, no (and I'm not even counting the Dynamite girls).
>>
File: 3658970970574.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3658970970574.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>14500442
>you will never have a full-size Zentraedi girl put her arm around you.

Emilia is best Jenius girl. And she looks like her mom who was pretty hot in her own right.
>>
>>14500562

You bet your ass she was
>>
>>14500472
I meant all Macross girls. Producer and everyone in Plus and Zero are all below Mylene.
>>
File: 1328071285600.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1328071285600.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
>>14500446
>>
File: 1465494428387.png (112 KB, 329x193) Image search: [Google]
1465494428387.png
112 KB, 329x193
>>14500562
>tfw about to /straight micron/ when your mortal protodeviln enemies come to ruin it, then her sister destroys all the remaining chances.
>>
>>14499690
Yes that makes sense, but Macross humanity doesn't seem to give a fuck. Also I'm pretty sure the colony fleets floating around space is perfectly fine for them, and perhaps even desirable if you look at it from a culture preserving standpoint, because a colony fleet is mobile.
>>
>>14494847
and it's incredibly retarded.
>>
>>14501856
They don't seem to suffer any ill effects from just hanging out in space. Did Seven even find a planet in the supplementary material? For all we know they're still in transit.
>>
>Every time Basara fires his speaker pods he hits every enemy VF with pinpoint accuracy.
>Every time the enemy shoots at Basara they always aim for his pinpoint barrier shield.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.