[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Goldran? is it worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 5018.jpg (39 KB, 240x331) Image search: [Google]
5018.jpg
39 KB, 240x331
What do you think of Goldran? is it worth watching?
>>
If you like any other Braves series, then probably.
>>
All of the Brave shows are a lot of fun for the mecha antics and how the robots interact with the show's cast.

They all suffer from the same problem though, and that's the main human protagonists.

You either love them or thoroughly fucking hate them.
>>
File: Only Yourself to Blame.jpg (41 KB, 646x479) Image search: [Google]
Only Yourself to Blame.jpg
41 KB, 646x479
>>14494211
My favorite Brave show hands down
>>
>>14494422
My favorite episode, I wish the second half was as good as that episode.
>>
>>14494427
You say that as if the second half was bad
>>
>>14494439
The first half was more entertaining, many of the planets they visit aren't that interesting, and Serioius robots were boring.
>>
File: Sharkbaby.jpg (52 KB, 641x474) Image search: [Google]
Sharkbaby.jpg
52 KB, 641x474
>>14494445
I never found any of Walter's robots interesting either. The first half was funnier, but the second half was definitely a bit weirder and more creative, so I liked it for that
>>
File: 4083313-nabeshin.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4083313-nabeshin.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>14494427
In fairness, Shinichi Watanabe (that episode's writer) is a special kind of crazy that can barely be contained by anyone.

>>14494316
Still better than Transformers' track record in that regard.
>>
>>14494211
not as good as weight gain or j-dicker
>>
>>14494211
You like Kamen Rider Den O? It's basically the Den O of the Braves franchise. Character focused comedy series that gets a bit serious towards the end but otherwise has a pretty thin plot, one of the most popular entries in its respective franchise, and has trains.
>>
>>14496636
but does it have momotaros
>>
>>14494211
Very meh and Shanlara was difficult to tolerate
>>
>>14496532
I haven't watched much of Might Gaine, but why do so many people like it? The most of the villain fractions so far are painfully boring (the Doctor, and Joe Rival being the only interesting one's), the Braves are almost devoid of character, and the human characters don't stop sucking Maito's dick, and the fights aren't anything impressive. Unless it gets really good after ep 25, I don't see the hype.
>>
>>14497360
Great Might Gaine
>>
>>14497360
It's memetically good but genuinely mediocre.

Likewise, GGG is a fun ride but everyone ironically pretends it's shit.
>>
>>14497360
It does start getting significantly better later in the show. I'd still say it's the weakest Brave I've seen (it, Gaogaigar, J-Decker, Goldran, and like 2/5 of Dagwon) but it's not all bad.

Also the Black Gaine episode was legit great shit.
>>
File: time_bokan_by_kazmon-d35m1k7.jpg (367 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
time_bokan_by_kazmon-d35m1k7.jpg
367 KB, 1200x600
>>14497698
>Also the Black Gaine episode was legit great shit.
Thanks to Toshiki Inoue, of all people, especially considering that his secondary writing output was very hit-or-miss in those days.

>>14496646
You get a swindler trio instead.
>>
>>14494211
When where they shirtless?
>>
Can we get some Braves shirtless?
>>
>>14497417
>memetically good but genuinely mediocre

I'd say that applies to the series as a whole, ESPECIALLY GGG, which was only my third favorite anyway.
>>
>>14497360

How much did you watch? Exactly up to episode 25? Characters like Mifune don't really get more interesting, but I think their episodes improve, like the story with the butterfly ninja and the poison gas. Action-wise, the Might Kaiser and Great Might Gaine have more variety of attacks than the original Might Gaine.

The only exception is Catherine, who basically remains the same up to the ending.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.