[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinji is replaced with an identical character who happens to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 6oefdw[1].jpg (90 KB, 492x488) Image search: [Google]
6oefdw[1].jpg
90 KB, 492x488
Shinji is replaced with an identical character who happens to be a cute girl.

How much more willing are you to completely forgive all of her characters flaws and decisions based entirely on the fact that she is a cute girl?
>>
Depends on the doujins.
>>
Consider Asuka hardly has it any easier than Shinji from anime fans.
>>
>>14493251
No my sensibilities are unisex if you fucked up, you fucked up
>>
>>14493251
I'm even harder on useless female characters than male since they usually have shitty fanbases who defend their actions because they're attractive. Especially the ones who are mostly meant for fanservice.
>>
日本のエステは鼻毛を処理しない
>>
File: 1392448339796.jpg (122 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1392448339796.jpg
122 KB, 500x750
>>14493251
But Shinji is already a cute girl.

And people that criticize his actions and flaws tend to be dubfags whose brains have been scrambled by Spike Spencer's awful voice. It's a very tragic condition.
>>
Shinji looks essentially identical to Maya.

Also ShinjixMisato just got much hotter.
>>
>>14493251
Rolo from Code Geass won't received same hatred if he was a cute girl
>>
>>14493366
Eh. Spencer takes some getting used to, but he's really not all that bad in the series.
It's in EoE that he really changes things, coming across as much more pitiful and whiny where Megumi Ogata plays him much more angry at his situation.
Though that has more to do with Amanda Wynn Lee's awful direction and completely botched translation of the script.
There's also that a lot of the criticisms of Shinji's actions tend to be why he doesn't make sound, logical decisions based on all this meta knowledge the fans have. They seem to miss the fact that he's a child with depression and very little insight into his shitty situation.
>>
>>14493450
I honestly can't stand to listen to Spencer for more than a few seconds, in any context.

Hell if my first exposure had been the dub, I'd probably understand why people shit on Shinji so much. But as it is, yeah, people expect far too much of a character in his position.
>>
File: 1463445851342.jpg (190 KB, 600x767) Image search: [Google]
1463445851342.jpg
190 KB, 600x767
>tfw you'll never wake up to Shinji mostly naked cooking you a hearty breakfast.
Why even keep living?
>>
>>14493366
>And people that criticize his actions and flaws tend to be dubfags whose brains have been scrambled by Spike Spencer's awful voice. It's a very tragic condition.
This.
>>
>>14493265
This

Stop bringing /pol/ into everything you shitposters
>>
>>14493589

This question was around before /pol/
>>
>>14493251
Well, it's going to make that scene where he ejaculates all over Asuka much more confusing. I guess Shinjiko's a squirter?
>>
>>14493746

>implying they wouldn't just make Misato, Asuka, and Rei dudes
>>
>>14493251
People don't even forgive Nadia herself for her massive flaws within her own show, why would they forgive girl Shinji?
>>
>>14494057
I love how in the omake they have a whole segment about "Really, what's Nadia's fucking problem"
>>
>>14494090
>STRONG INDEPENDENT AZN WOMYN
>Vegan
>>
>>14494097
Isn't she African?
>>
>>14493251
None. Shinji's flaws as a character come from poor writing, not his gender.
>>
>>14494276
>character flaws
>poor writing
>>
Shinji is even more girly looking and acting than Kamille so he may as well be one.
>>
File: Kirishima.Mana.full.815061.jpg (233 KB, 939x702) Image search: [Google]
Kirishima.Mana.full.815061.jpg
233 KB, 939x702
>>14493251
I'd rather we just got a genki girl who got into the Eva, defeated the Angels, and avoided 3rd or 4th Impact. All with a smile.

Too bad she was a spinoff character and not the main character.
>>
>>14494284

Yeah, because Shinji wasn't written to be 'manly' enough or some other hollow platitude.
>>
>>14494057
To be honest, a lot of Nadia's issues were justified. Shinji too.
>>
>>14494632
I know, and I don't fault her for it. Huge portions of the island arc are dreary and almost the entirety of the Africa arc is godawful, but the show does make a point on why she acts the way she does, and she gets better as she learns to stop being so damn aggressive and just talk out her problems instead. It helps that Jean has the patience of a saint when dealing with her.
>>
>>14494770
In fairness to the filler arcs, even Anno hates them enough that he apparently would only salvage a few episodes.
>>
>>14493251
I would hate her even more.
>>
>>14494833
Dubs confirm the truth.

I'd shit on her just for stepping out of the kitchen, let alone trying to do a man's job.
>>
>Draw Noriko
>Cut the penis off
>Get Shinji
>>
>>14494829
I'd love to see an abridged Nadia that cuts those arcs into a few episodes to fix the pacing.
>>
>>14494354
She's a duplicitous ill girl with crushed organs and a deserter.
>>
>>14494354
Better than Mari by a landslide
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.