[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rebuild 3.0: Why the fuck is everyone mad at Shinji?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 29
File: re3.jpg (282 KB, 1920x814) Image search: [Google]
re3.jpg
282 KB, 1920x814
Seriously, what the fuck is going on in this shit? Last time I checked Misato was telling him to basically go ahead and cause the 3rd Impact and then they're mad that he did?

Who cares if they're the good guys, Wille is full of shit heads.
>>
Wow anon, it's not like anyone asked the exact same shit for the past 4 years.
>>
>>14492205
>4 years

Goddamn.
>>
>>14492205
It's never once made sense.

Also, damn time really flies.
>>
>>14492183
Why did Shinji take the lances?

The guy who told him that they needed them in the first place is sitting right beside him and is now telling him not to, why didn't he just listen?

Fourth impact is entirely his own damn fault and it had no logical reason to happen.
>>
The entire plot of 3.33 could have been avoided if they just sat him down and filled him in. "Hey, you kind of caused a partial Apocalypse and NERV wants you to give it another go to finish the job. The Rei you knew is long gone. Don't believe their lies"

It would have taken ten minutes.
>>
>>14492337
Exactly. Holy hell he wouldn't even have run off if they had just been nice to the poor kid. He just woke up after seeing his waifu get eaten by a giant monster and everyone treats him like a leper, including the cunt who told him to go ahead and basically cause the third impact by making the 01 go berserk trying to save Rei.

They treat him like garbage and they have the gall to shit talk him for being a brat and childish while explaining nothing to him yet expecting him to comply with their, frankly unreasonable without context, demands.

>>14492303
Yeah that was pretty stupid, but Kaworu should've stopped holding his face like a chuuni and just explain his thoughts clearly instead of going on about ONORE KING OF LILIN YO FATHER
>>
>>14492347
If the fourth movie they really should have it be that Shinji somehow got a mental block to being explained things when he got remade, so all throughout 3 everyone was clearly screaming explanations of the entire situation at him but he was just mentally incapable of understanding it.
>>
They dont (fully) trust him, all the good guys have been 14 years knowing that Shinji and Rei are nothing more than mass produced clones meant as cogs in those madmenĀ“s plans.
>>
>>14492303
Honestly with how everyone treats him it wouldn't be entirely surprising if Shinji's reasoning was just "if they don't want me to do it, then that's what I want to do".
>>
Worth it for the gay boys having fun together, the rest is mari tier
>>
>>14492183
>Last time I checked Misato was telling him to basically go ahead and cause the 3rd Impact and then they're mad that he did?
Oh, you mean the third impact that was aborted because Kaworu lanced Eva 01? You mean the event dubbed "near third impact" because it never came to fruition and had fuck-all to do with the actual third impact that we never see between 2 and 3? Fuck. Shinji literally dindu nuffin. His involvement in the actual third impact was precisely dick but everyone treats him like shit because of the false start that didn't damage anything more than the geofront.
>>
Because Anon made 2 pandering, less developed cash grab movies and then realized what a sell out he was and tried to make something SHOCKING with 3.0 and failed because he tried to rush massive amounts of character development in one film.

Rebuild SHOULD have started where 3.0 started and diverged into a totally new story where we had to try and put the pieces together of WHY everybody fucking hates Shinji and why the world is fucked.

Instead NOBODY TALKS OR EXPLAINS ANYTHING THE MOVIE OOPS FEEL BAD BECAUSE KAWORU'S HEAD BLEW UP AND BUY UTADA'S NEW SINGLE
>>
>>14492388
But Kaworu said the near-third impact was what they were angry at him for, so it must be the third impact everyone's talking about.

>>14492377
I honestly like Kaworu. At least he's nice man. I swear.
>>
>>14492347
>>14492337
Basically they're afraid Shinji is an Angel, not a human, anymore. He did get dragged out of Unit 01, after all. So they're treating him like a monster because he IS a monster, and not the Shinji they knew from before. It's also why Rei is missing.
>>
>>14492359
I personally ascribe to the theory that Rebuild is the story of Shinji gradually becoming just like Gendo, with being willing to let the world burn to save Rei being the first step and causing Fourth Impact more or less out of spite being the second.
>>
>>14492411
Y'know i'm not gonna lie, but that actually sounds like a great way to see it.

A huge like-father-like-son thing.
>>
We know the last movie won't get made but say that it does, how would they handle the actual Evas since Mari has the last not destroyed Eva?
>>
>>14492411
I'm of the theory that by now Shinji just wants the world to burn so everyone can have a taste of his amazing life
>>
>>14492428
They have Eva 01 technically. They're just scared cause it ate and absorbed an angel. They're even using it as the control unit for the Wunder.
>>
>>14492404
>But Kaworu said the near-third impact was what they were angry at him for, so it must be the third impact everyone's talking about.
Fucking why though? It was only obliterating the area on the geofront and doing it pretty slowly otherwise all of Nerv staff would have stopped existing.

For fuck sake I honestly don't know how I didn't notice this glaring plot hole in 4 fucking years
>>
>>14492428
What's the point of Mari?
Is she just there to be a mary sue? She's better at piloting, most people, in the movie, like or aren't put off by her, she effortlessly uses 02 and is better with it than Asuka is.
>>
>>14492404
>so it must be the third impact everyone's talking about.
But it can't be. We never see Eva 01 destroy anything more than the roof of the geofront and when it gets lanced, nothing looks any different than it did before the cut to credits.

>>14492457
>What's the point of Mari?
Money.
>>
>>14492457
Otaku money
>>
>>14492459
>But it can't be. We never see Eva 01 destroy anything more than the roof of the geofront and when it gets lanced, nothing looks any different than it did before the cut to credits.
I swear they said something about the Gates of Guf being opened by unit 1 and causing some shit. It's the same "gate" that unit 13 opens during the fourth impact. Idk, maybe I'm wrong. I was just as confused as Shinji half the time.
>>
>>14492467
They said that the Gates of Gulf were opening but he got lanced shortly after, if it actually fully opened no one outside of Shinji would have survived since it sucks everything inside of it like a blackhole
>>
>>14492457
>What's the point of Mari?

--- Considering Anno's "spirit of service," that would naturally be the case, right? So, that would lead to [Anno] increasing the number of Mari's appearances?

Tsurumaki: The truth is, at the earliest stage of planning, Mari was such a character that, in the extreme case, if she hadn't spoken at all, it would have been okay. For example, Misato just reading the materials on her, [and saying] "It seems that Unit-05 was in Hong Kong and had a battle with an angel. The pilot was this person" - would have been fine, I think......

--- In that case, she would become an amazingly weak character.

Tsurumaki: Yeah. The appearance of a new character and Eva Unit-05 was requested by executive producer (Toshimichi) Ootsuki-san. I think the motive was a commercial one - to strengthen the appeal of the film.
>>
>>14492337
Most anime plots hinge on the characters having sub high school levels of communication.
>>
>>14492457
>>14492487
Well, Mari is basically taking Kaworu's role now that Kaworu is dead.
>>
>>14492570
Are you really attempting to justify Anno's shitty script by inserting your fanfiction?
>>
File: shinji did nothing wrong.png (132 KB, 1126x568) Image search: [Google]
shinji did nothing wrong.png
132 KB, 1126x568
>>14492183
It can't be helped, he has to take responsibility
>>
File: 1422884465967.jpg (2 MB, 5098x3624) Image search: [Google]
1422884465967.jpg
2 MB, 5098x3624
Misato probably blamed everything on Shinji and Gendo to prevent herself and Ritsuko from getting lynched post NTI
>>
>>14492406
Also the BM03 thing. They were hesitant to use the name Ikari Shinji for a subject identifying as Ikari Shinji, sharing continuity of memory with Ikari Shinji, matching Ikari Shinji's dental records, recovered from Ikari Shinji's last known location. I think they may have been burned before.
>>
File: r53467.png (75 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
r53467.png
75 KB, 230x230
>>14492621
>son of a high ranking paramilitary officer, who has connections to the globalist elite, and a goddamn robot
>women of all ages swoon for him
>when a girl acts out of line, he chokes her and shames her by masturbating over her
>pilots humanity's greatest weapon
>achieved the highest sync ratio
>no one ever forces his decisions, like whether to kill another pilot, or whether to quit nerv or not
>ascended to godhood and made everyone on Earth achieve personal happiness
>studious, skilled musician and artisan of the culinary arts
>manages to be a better housewife than the three main girls combined
>has a professional sense of style, while still maintaining comfort for everyday activities
>seduces angels
>>
File: Shinji-doesnt-sell.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Shinji-doesnt-sell.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>>14492183
They're angry with Shinji because he can't sell merchandise without Kaworu
>>
>>14492205
> 4 years
Where's my fucking final movie, Anno? It's time to show something already.
>>
>>14492570
How?
>>
>>14492443
That's not a plot hole, and the area above the Geofront was basically the eye of the storm. The place where all the characters were was the place NOT being devastated.
>>
>>14493508

But it was stopped, wasn't it?
>>
å°†ę£‹å“©ć—ć™ć‚‰ę„½ć—ćē„”ć‹ć£ćŸć­ć€äŗŗćØ話恙恮ćÆé›£ć—ć„ć®ćÆå®Ÿéš›ć«ä¼šć£ć¦č©±ć™ćØę€’ć£ć¦ę®“ć‚‹ćƒć‚«ćŒå±…ć‚‹ć‹ć‚‰ć ć€é€šäæ”恠ćØ恩悓ćŖę‚Ŗå£ć§ć‚‚čØ€ćˆć‚‹ć‹ć‚‰åˆ„ć®ę„å‘³ć§ć¤ć¾ć‚‰ćŖ恄
>>
>>14493513

Stopped mid-progress
>>
File: Kuronami_002.jpg (648 KB, 1272x1807) Image search: [Google]
Kuronami_002.jpg
648 KB, 1272x1807
>>
>>14492370
Especially considering how all his problems in 3.0 come from him actually doing what they told him to at the end of 2.0.

It's a pity Misato wasn't in SRW Z3-2, she would've gotten along great with "fuck all the characters from Z1" Sumeragi.
>>
File: skip of hell.jpg (48 KB, 350x556) Image search: [Google]
skip of hell.jpg
48 KB, 350x556
>>14493565
That doujin sure was great.
>>
>>14492404
As N3I has been shown and described so far, Unit 1 couldn't be involved in the arrival of the 11th and 12th Angels or the removal and panicked reinsertion of Longinus to headless resurrected Lilith.

Still not a plot hole since Kaworu was misinformed and trying to talk Shinji into another Impact.
>>
>>14492686
total badass?
can't wait to see they trying to fix this complete fuck up in SRW V
>>
I think it's more that people are catching on that Shinji is a dig at them, the otaku audience, and turning on Anno for his shit
>>
>>14493818

But Shinji is important and surrounded by hot sluts.
>>
File: z7N84hv.png (532 KB, 870x596) Image search: [Google]
z7N84hv.png
532 KB, 870x596
Kaji's talk to Shinji in the manga did a far better job of shitting on him then 3.0 did
>>
>>14493841
I really prefer the manga by far
sure, sadamoto sat on his 20 years to finish it, but Shinji isn't that much fucked up and at least a few people, mostly Kaji, gave him some pointers of what was going on
>>
File: 1464375863170.jpg (10 KB, 238x249) Image search: [Google]
1464375863170.jpg
10 KB, 238x249
>>14493841
>>14493855
>manga
Sorry, I don't like Gendo wank
>>
>>14493911
>Gendo wank
wut
>>
>>14493911
Yui wank. Manga Gendo is blatantly unstable and has the opposite of the soliloquy in End.
>>
>>14493830
And look at where we are now
>>
>>14493975
He was unstable in the TV series. The whole point of his final retribution in End was that he was exactly like Shinji and coming to that realization in the midst of Rei's betrayal and meeting Yui he asked him for forgiveness for being such a shitty father but the manga takes all of that out and he winds up getting what he wants in the end anyways. Instead of getting eaten alive by his own creation he just gets an extended session by God (Yui) and he's with her again by the end.
>>
>>14493830
>>14494062
So its no different from the TV series. Only people don't have faux religious imagery and unfinished animation to wank off to as being DEEP.
>>
>>14493841
>>14493911
I'm sad they removed the unit 02 gorefest in the manga
>>
>>14494096
I'm sad that Asuka went out like a bitch because Sadamoto is a massive Reifaggot.
>>
>>14494102
that too, her character got reduced in the manga to being there just for the ride
>>
If you fucking idiots weren't so obsessed over arguing which is the more boring waifu, you'd have realized a long time ago that Eva is a shit-tier story no matter what.
>>
>>14494252
It's quite the opposite
It is because we realized Eva is shit-tier we started arguing about waifu instead
>>
>>14494102
She went out like a bitch in the series and movies too.
>>
File: 1359081659388.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1359081659388.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>14494295
>implying you faggots weren't arguing over Rei and Asuka after the first few episodes
>>
>>14494324
We weren't. We were arguing over Rei and Misako, Asuka didn't show up until a quarter way through the show.
>>
>>14492183
Oddly enough all they had to do was sit him down and tell him what actually happened.

you know, TALK.
>>
>>14494428
>you know, TALK.
the exact thing nobody bothered to do since the original series
>>
>>14494428
>you know, TALK.
But they did. They were just interrupted
>>
>>14494324
that was some other thread that went full waifu retard
>>
>>14492183
so why didn't the Wille idiots just fucking killed Shinji then? hell, I'm surprised he didn't commit suicide after talking with Fuyutsuki
>>
>>14494442
A comedy of misunderstandings!
>>
>>14494491
During 3.0's run, a Japanese teen boy committed suicide after being constantly bullied by his baseball coach. The Japanese public opinion was terrified because teachers bullying kids is a spread disease on Japan.

I bet Anno was on the coach's side
>>
>>14494442
I didn't know glaring like a faggot at him and threatening to punch him for asking questions is talking
>>
>>14492686
Hi Kaworu
>>
Here's a much better question nobody was asking: Is 12th angel supposed to be Armisael?
>>
>>14493855
At least Shinji showed some balls- when he was dragged into Gendo's office after the Bardiel incident, he lunged towards, (and would have slugged) Gendo, if not for Kaji stopping his fist just in front of Gendo's face (he wasn't expecting it).
>>
>>14492337
Not defending 3.33 but the entire point of the Eva franchise is that almost all the shit that went wrong could've been avoided if everyone stopped trying to bottle everything in and just fucking sat down and talked it out.
>>
>>14492457
Hell if I know. 2.0 was building her up to be something meaningful in the long run but then 3.33 just threw that out the window with time skip.
>>
>>14494324
>first few episodes

Asuka doesn't even appear outside of the one second she has in the intro until episode 8 which is like a third of the way into the TV series.
>>
>>14492766
Too busy doing Shin Godzilla (one of his dream jobs, or would that be directing an episode/movie of Ultraman/Rider?).
>>
>>14492337
Yep. Couldn't get into 3.33 for this exact reason. I couldn't justify the plot in my mind as they were not interacting with Shinji the way any "normal" person/character would have.

They're just pissed at him due to plot reasons. If someone explained anything to him, they'd have no reason to be angry = no story plot.

Shit storytelling.
>>
>>14492459
So are we to assume something did happen after the credit cut, but we the viewer simply were not privy?

(its been ahwile) but sort of like how Episode 2 of the TV series starts out with the battle aftermath and the bulk of the episode is a flashback?

Perhaps 3.33 is the "aftermath" and 4.0/4.44 will be the "flashback" explaining why the fuck all everyone is pissed at Shinji?
>>
>>14497558
And then everyone still dies because their personal issues didn't cause Illuminati and aliens.
>>
>>14492337
I don't recall whether 3.0 ever touched on this matter: Did Misato know what Gendo was up to or have the slightest idea why he might have wanted Shinji? I know they had just gotten out of an intense battle and needed time to recuperate, though I find it difficult to believe that Misato didn't attempt to recover Shinji at any point before the third act. It's not like they didn't know where Nerv Headquarters was located.
>>
>>14492411
I actually viewed Gendo differently than the original, he felt like even though he wanted another impact, it'll be for everyone, compared to SEELE's own thing, and acting as if it's a job that someone has to do compared to TV's "Everything is going exactly to plan" feeling.
>>
>>14492303

The weird thing is that everyone is so indirect about shit. I would've been completely straightforward with Shinji.

> "Hey Shinji, the Lances are going to help us reboot shit. We get them, we can make all of this unhappen."
> "SHINJI IT'S A TRAP WE NEED TO FUCKING BAILLLLLLL."
>>
>>14499589
Anno wanted the audience to hate Shinji, probably for turning Eva into a multi-entry franchise, but he couldn't completely compromise to bashing over Shinji, maybe because he's his self-insert and Anno doesn't hate himself as much as he used to. Nevertheless, the audience always hated Shinji so they didn't need a big push. Besides, it's easier to blame Shinji for everything wrong in the world, from a rainy day to 9/11, than admitting Kaworu and the waifus were wrong.
>>
after all these years I still don't get it
the so called Angels were aliens? the black moon was some sort of spaceship?
>>
>>14493565
Pretty much this. The full hypocrisy of the characters summarized in one page.
>>
>>14499635
> the audience always hated Shinji

Frankly, i find hard to hate Shinji in Q. He's literally a victim of the stupidity of others.
>>
>>14499637
Essentially some ancient aliens killed themselves and had their souls stored in ancient marbles to be shot at other planets where their souls would reincarnate.

Unfortunately, these ancient aliens were ultra-racist, decided to segregate into Black and White, and if the two would ever meet and reincarnate on the same planet, a reality-annihilating race war of incomprehensible magnitude would ensue.
>>
>>14499635
>Besides, it's easier to blame Shinji for everything wrong in the world, from a rainy day to 9/11, than admitting Kaworu and the waifus were wrong.

bullshit, not to me
you can't help but feel really sorry for the guy since everyone kept pushing him around and sperging so much shit to him, that made his initial rescue so fucking pointless (why the fuck do you ever want the guy, if not to at least kill him?)
hate him when he went full retard with the lances? the only dude around that more or less tried to cope with him kept insisting everything would be a-OK with them so of course he clinged to that straw with everything he had
the fact Kaworu goes OH NOES THIS IS BAD (realizing it a MERE FUCKING SECOND before everything goes to shit) is no excuse

in sum, the only character that seems to made a transition from the previous movies to 3.33 is Shinji, everyone else are doppelgangers or fuckers from another universe
>>
>>14499811
Its the same batch of pod people from Eureka7 AO who fucked with that anime and then went to fuck with Rebuild
>>
>>14499811
>bullshit, not to me
Congratulations, you're a special snowflake. Meanwhile, the asukafags hates Shinji because otherwise their waifu is a bitter cunt so Shinji must be worse than x1000 Hitlers and they're still angry for 2.0 ending. The Kaworufags hate Shinji for killing their husbando, besides Kaworu said it was Shinji's fault, guilt-tripping him into get into the damn robot and warn him about the lances. The Reifags just hate everything. they're a mass of pure hate. It's not like evafags care about the plot anyway
>>
File: 1467220834580.jpg (35 KB, 201x389) Image search: [Google]
1467220834580.jpg
35 KB, 201x389
>>14499844
holy shit, fuck everything
>>
>>14499844
>The Reifags just hate everything.
Wow, rude. We don't hate anything ever. We're indifferent.
>>
File: 1445070481138.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
1445070481138.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
>>14499844
This is why I will never understand waifu faggotry, its not snae to ignore the plot, messages, literally everything the work is trying to convey just to fixate on a guy or a girl you find cool/cute/whatever.

Its fucking infuriating
>>
Anno realized his story doesn't really work if Shinji is a confident badass the audience likes. So he decided to just regress all of Shinji's character development. But then he fucked up and did it in the dumbest way.

1) Instead of actually showing what the fuck happened during those last 14 years that everyone is so mad at and afraid of him, which, let's face it, would have been enough material to make a whole Rebuild on on its own, he just skips over it.

2) Tries to make us mad at Shinji by having everyone else shit on him, which doesn't work because we're as lost as Shinji is.

3) Has every character be more unlikable than Shinji, from bitter cunt Asuka, to Rei literally being a different character, to Gendo doubling down on his bullshit, Fuyutsuki dropping bombs on Shinji that would have caused normal people to just kill themselves, Misato being an all-around bitch to him, and Touji's sister showing up out of nowhere and just guilt tripping him for some shit he doesn't even know he did.

4) Tries to make Shinji unlikable because he starts 4th Impact even though he was only doing so because he was told to by the sole person who was nice to him and was being manipulated into doing it.

Shinji is literally the ONLY sympathetic character in 3.33. If Anno actually wanted to turn the audience against Shinji, what he should have done was made 3.33 about what happens after the end of 2.0. Shinji is gone, the world is being torn apart by a shitstorm of unimaginable proportions, NERV goes into full civil war, etc. etc. etc. and then, after showing us all the suffering Shinji has caused with the main characters being Misato, Touji, Asuka, Mari(because Mari really needs something to justify her existence), then you could have the ending be Shinji waking up and lead into all the 3.33 bullshit.

Then it would have made some sense.
>>
>>14499888
>Fuyutsuki dropping bombs on Shinji that would have caused normal people to just kill themselves
I actually laughed like a maniac at that scene, poor guy Shinji couldn't catch a breath
>>
>>14499901

It was pretty hilarious in a way.

>Pilot the Eva
>Pilot the Eva
>Pilot the Eva
>>
>>14499901
>>14499902
I mean, come on, its a miracle he didn't simply just jumped from a cliff or to the bottom of one of the eva cages after learning all that bullshit
>>
>>14499906

Yeah, can you imagine some old man sitting you down for some chess and then lighting up a giant display of severed heads, telling you your love interest was a soulless clone of your mother, and your mom's soul was sucked into the robot you've been piloting this whole time?

It's amazing Shinji didn't just end it all right then and there.
>>
>>14499888
>story doesn't really work if Shinji is a confident badass.

This is not the point. The point is that Eva has become famous for its unconventional story, for its mindfuck and the various twists over the top, all this with a filter of pessimism and suffering. Rebuild 2.0 was too linear, simple and also too much "optimistic". Anno must have thought that to get people to talk about its Rebuild, he had to create another unsettling mindfuck like were the episodes 25-26.

Just this.
>>
>>14499939

You know what would have really been unconventional? A movie without Shinji, focusing on developing all those cunts who hate him in 3.33, that might explain why they hate him so much and would build up the completely alien setting they showed in 3.33.

That would have been pretty different.
>>
>>14499888
>Anno realized his story doesn't really work if Shinji is a confident badass the audience likes. So he decided to just regress all of Shinji's character development. But then he fucked up and did it in the dumbest way.

It's simpler, really. Anno doesn't make the Rebuilds alone, many people do. What they all have in common is that they're Asuka fans who criticize Rei and Rei fans whenever they get the chance.

Since 3.33 and their other works treats Rei like garbage and Asuka as if she were royalty, we can put two and two together - kicking Shinji's ass and writing Rei out of the story was done simply because it's what they desired. Blaming Shinji and giving him hell was done because he specifically went out to save Rei, and this is his punishment for doing so. Similarly Rei is degraded and humiliated by having all will, sentience and strength removed, leaving only a doll.

Really simple, and it produces the awful movie that 3.33 was because they only cared about attacking Rei and Shinji instead of making an actual movie.
>>
File: Kuronami_003.jpg (876 KB, 1272x1807) Image search: [Google]
Kuronami_003.jpg
876 KB, 1272x1807
>>14499790

If you liked that you should see what comes after.
>>
File: 1343634011676.jpg (78 KB, 740x400) Image search: [Google]
1343634011676.jpg
78 KB, 740x400
>>14499635
>hating on pimp master Shin-G
I seriously hope you don't do this.
>>
>>14499939
To be honest, you're a simpleton and an idiot. You've made up this delusional fantasy about Evangelion that simply does not add up or work with reality. 2.0, and 1.0 for that matter, are understandable but believable stories. You may claim that's too linear or different from the original, but this is because of you delusion.

Because the original Evangelion is 26 episodes long, and for 13 of those episodes, which is literally half NGE's length, it was optimistic, linear and straight forward. Understandable, and believable. The second part is actually very comprehensive and not so full of mindfucks as people would think, it's methodical, drawn out and really goes inside the character's head. This is everything 3.33 is not, which is short, hectically paced and extremely poorly written.

So when you try to push the idea that 1.0 and 2.0 somehow is unlike the original, and 3.0 is like the original in terms of mindfuck, you're outrageously wrong.
>>
>>14499998
I absolutely love that doujin.
>>
>>14499987
Is this a your interpretation or did you see a picture of Gainax animators while they masturbate with an Asuka pillow?
>>
One night, lonely Hollywood superstar actor Nicolas Cage was after a movie shoot in Tokyo-3 and felt alone. He ached for the intimate companion that only the female body could brign him. He called his best acting friend, Robert Downey Jr, using his phone. "Hi Robert Downy Jr, do you want to go picking up women in the alcohol bars in Tokyo-3?" "I would love to Nicolas Cage, but unfortunately I'm rolling in bitches here, ha ha! Smell ya later!" and he hung up. Nicolas Cage was jealous of his friend's success with women. He was no slouch when it came to courting women and also having sex with them too, but he couldn't find The One. So he decided he would challenge himself: "I'll get drunk until I find the woman I will marry!" so we went to the izakaya alcohol bar that had food in Neo-Roppongi-3. He was there and got beer and immediately saw a vision of angelic beauty. He put on his best handsome voice and said "Hello, darling. Are you.... at least eighteen? Because I eat sexy for breakfast." She blushed and said in heavily accent broke english "You funny, yes I eighteen." "Hi, I'm Nicolas Cage." "I Rei Ayanami" and they shook hands and bowed, but then they kissed accidentally because they bowed at the same time, and they both blushed. "C-cage-san..." she said with nervousness with trembling. "Please, call me Nicolas. Let's say we... GO.... to my place and..." he twitched his arms, purposefully turning on the sexy "...eat each other out for dinner before breakfast."
>>
>>14499873
Before maybe, but Reifags have very, very legitimate reason to hate anything post the original Evangelion. They're fans of a character that made Anno and his crew filthy rich, yet all they do is speak ill of it or mistreat it.

If they thought there was a problem with it and they were dissatisfied with the quality, you'd think they would attempt improving it. But all they do is make the character worse and so there's not a single non-original NGE story worth paying attention to as far as Rei goes.

I wanted to believe it was because he was against waifuism, but it can't be because Anno is full-on waifuing all the other characters.

So yeah, they're totally a mass of hate, but in sort of a righteous way.
>>
>>14500029
It's a well-acknowledged fact, since HIdeaki Anno has said that it's his favorite character, as has Tsurumaki, his protege who also is a major writer.

Then I'd argue you don't even need those statements, the proof is in the pudding as Asuka has only been portrayed more and more positively.
>>
>>14500030
They called a cab, immediately in the throes of passion, drunk on alcohol and sexual passion, like babboons in heat, but they weren't making babboon sounds, but you might have thought they were, so deep inside each other's passion they were. "Mhmhmhmh. Mhmmmhmhmhnmhhnm. MHNHMHMHNHMN. Rei, you are so sexy I just wanna eat you out and savor the flavor." Rei giggled and said "Y-you are so funny, Nicolas Cage-san, you make me poka-poka" and blushed. The taxi driver got to Nicolas CAge's penthouse and they got out and immediately started stripping each other of garments revealing hot skin. "P-please be gentle cage-kun, it is my first time, I am nervousness." she said and Nicolas Cage took off his pants and said "Don't worry babe, I got this." and he started going down on her while touching her breasteses with his hands. "U-uguu~" Rei said with pleasure and Nicolas Cage said "On a scale from 1 to flavorful, you're delicious" and she said "P-please jam it in Nicolas Cage-kun uwaaaAAAAAAA~" she said with pleasurign. He started putting his penis dick inside of her and out and inside again because that is how sex works. "unf, uwah~ uguu~ unnnn~" she moaned and Nic Cage was thrusting fast and said "Hngh HURHG HGUNGHARHG ngh HARUHGURHG HRUNGH UURGH ARGH NHG NHARHG NUAUURUGH HGNAHRHGHN HGAHGNAGHHAHGUAGHNBNAWAWWWWARRRGGGBBBLLLLLLLLLLL" and they both climaxed. "I love you more than the sun rises" said Nicolas Cage, and Rei Ayanami said "Suki da Cage-san~" and they cuddled in the afterglow of their passion. "Would you like to see something beautiful?" and Rei said "Yes" and he took her to the roof of his penthouse to see his hot air balloon.
>>
>>14500032

Anno is a waifufag but only for strong independent women who don't need no man. Like Nausicaa.

He hates characters like Rei, despite the fact that he basically made it ubiquitous.
>>
>>14500029
Anno said so at a convention, and if you check out the 2.0 CRC's he speaks of "being careful with the Asuka fans", as in pleasing them and not doing anything they don't like.
>>
File: 1392858734521.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1392858734521.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>14500032
>that point when you realize Mari is nothing but an Asuka-ized fill in for Rei
>>
>>14500038
>Anno is a waifufag but only for strong independent women who don't need no man. Like Nausicaa.
His favorite character from Nausicaa isn't Nausicaa, but Kushana, whom he ripped Asuka's backstory from. There's some backstory in how Anno was denied by Miyzaki to make an OVA about Kushana, and some of those repentant feelings made it's way into NGE.

Besides, I don't buy that he's into strong independent women. His characters that he likes all depends on a man, Asuka was pining for several in NGE and even offered to have sex with an older man. She's extremely needy, and in his Rebuild, Asuka still has the hots for a boy she met for a month 14 years ago.

I don't think he hates characters like Rei, and that doesn't make sense anyway. He just hates Rei beause she's more popular than Asuka in Japan.
>>
>>14500038
Well, he's waifuing Asuka hard and she's anything but the independent woman type. She spent her entire life pining for her mother and the approval of others, and was desperate to get with a man more than twice her age and was even extremely bitter that Shinji wouldn't hold her.

Anno likes tsundere and red heads probably, it's his dick and that's that.
>>
>>14500041

What kind of stoner would Shinji be?
>>
File: 1311690491758.jpg (141 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1311690491758.jpg
141 KB, 1280x1024
>>14500057
Sexual tyrannosaurus.
>>
>>14499998
That doujin summed up perfectly the shitty movie
>>
>>14500088
Can we have some other page? It's funny.
>>
>>14500096

Everything else is just pornographic.

(C83) [Matsumoto Drill Kenkyuujo (Naganoon)] Kuronamisan Nimo Pokapoka Shite Moraitai (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
>>
>>14499888
Japan has a long proud tradition of blaming the subordinates for their superiors's fuck ups. The subordinate is expected to endure it like a samurai for the group's sake. Yeah, Japan is a very fucked up place. Also, Anno gave creative control to Tsurumaki and the rest of the team and they never understood what was the big deal with Shinji, he should just shut up and obey. They're basically the average evafags. I'm pretty sure Shinji bashing was played straight, it just happen that Anno didn't care and the staff is full of righ-wing waifufags
>>
>>14500096
This one? >>14493612
>>
>>14500049
>He just hates Rei beause she's more popular than Asuka in Japan.

Forgive me, but you, and many others, are projecting now.
>>
>>14500127
I don't think so at all.
>>
>>14500149
And I do not think he ever said that he hates Rei popularity. Popularity make money. Rei is even voiced by Hayashibara, an high popolarity tier seyuu in 90-2000. It may be true that Asuka is Anno favorite character, but Rei is the second girl of the show, another side to the coin and an important part of story and lore. To me, this waifu war seem staged just by the fans who invent legends based on jokes or gossip.
>>
>>14500196
>And I do not think he ever said that he hates Rei popularity.
He has, in fact. He's consistently negative towards it, or dismissive. In one interview with the Atlantic, he basically said all of Japan were nimwits bceause they liked Rei.

Rei is Evangelion's biggest "original" character and a cornerstone of the lore and story, however, that's not what matters to Anno. Observe how he changes the story to circumvent Rei's character or undermine it, so he clearly doesn't share your view.

The "waifu war" thing is anything but staged, I'm afraid. Hideaki Anno is a huge otaku.

But the most important thing? It explains everything about the Rebuilds, 3.33 and not only that, his choice in adapting the works through Khara. It is the de facto best explanation for everything, and the most sensible.
>>
>>14500227

>The entire history of Evangelion past the original is Anno waging war against Reifags

Kid you needs some meds and now
>>
>>14500245
"Hideaki Anno's War"

It'd make a great biography. But seriously, attempt to tell me otherwise, the evidence isn't in your favor exactly. I'm not saying it's an all out war, but through both unsubtle or subtle actions he's made where he stands clear.
>>
>>14500252

Guy, you're taking a bunch of anecdotes and comments and mixing it with your own butthurt waifufag experiences. That's not evidence.
>>
>>14500261
It's not an anecdote, it's from a direct citation. You're trying to downplay the facts because you don't want to budge your opinion once it's clear it's not based in as much facts as you wanted to believe.

Because you're trying to tell me that consistent preferential treatment over twenty years that goes as far as to completely deny the fundamentals of the original character's doesn't have foundation in bias, despite the author(s) in question clearly expressing that bias openly.
>>
>>14500049
Nadia pretty much fits all of those descriptors as well
>>
>>14500277
Yeah, there is an ongoing theme.
>>
>>14500261

But he's not, asshole.

You think people like Sadamoto and Anno are totally impassive or something, distanced from their creations?

Anno loves strong redheads like Kushana, it's a well known fact. So he put in a fiery redhead. Anno hates submissive waifus like Rei. So he put in a parody of that archetype.

Ever since the original series, he's been working hard to make Rei less, and Asuka more. That's why Asuka got the badass but almost entirely pointless fight in EoE where she solo'd every MP Eva. That scene was for Asukafags, and for him, and it gave Asuka a moment of glory she never had in the series.

The entire course of the Rebuilds has basically been making Asuka more likable and stable and capable, while building up Rei for the sole purpose of tearing her down as of 3.33.

You can see the reverse in the manga, where Sadamoto is a huge Reifag, so Rei is more capable, while Asuka is an even lamer shitter than she was in Eva TV.

Literally anyone who knows Anno knows these things and can see them in his works. He's human like anyone else, he also puts shit he likes in his works.
>>
File: 1467819892842.jpg (89 KB, 193x421) Image search: [Google]
1467819892842.jpg
89 KB, 193x421
>>14500102
>Rei only
>>
Rebuild has reinforced my position as a reifag
>>
>>14500284
Well, Sadamoto isn't really a huge Reifag. He's said that he doesn't care that much for either Asuka or Rei. Those are his words, and his manga seems to match up well with it. This whole "Sadamoto is a Reifag" is a meme spread by angry Asukafags more concerned with shipping than story.

Otherwise, yeah.

The problem is that Rei in the original didn't end up as a "submissive waifu", if that was ever his intention to make. Asuka in NGE showed herself to be just as submissive, giving up on life and submitting completely to any male figure she crushed on.

In subsequent years though, Anno only made Rei more submissive, weak and irrelevant, and so Rei's populairty dwindled. Take the newest "insult", the Rei in 3.33. Most unpopular character ever according to the polls, ranking even less than the new ones. Hell, I saw one on the evastore which asked the fans which character they'd rather ride with, and they chose the "no one" option above Rei Q.

Anno knows damned well people don't like Rei because she's submissive, if she ever was that sub to be with in NGE. So that's why he keeps making Rei submissive, because that'st he image he wants of the character.
>>
>>14500284
>muh Kushanafag
Can you fork over your address already so I can put you out of your misery? Never have I seen such a huge example of Reifag's persecution complex as in you. Just jump off a cliff already.

Worse than granda dying.
>>
>>14500305

I'm a Misatofag, retard. GJ responding to the argument too.
>>
>>14500305
Looks like someone hit a nerve. Calm down.
>>
>>14500308
>I'm totally not
I've seen you spew your obnoxious rhetoric in /a/ enough to know who you are you mewling troglodyte. Nice cellphone samefag.

You do know /m/ is slow typically?
>>
>>14500323

I only go to /a/ for Macross Delta threads.

I think you have autism.
>>
>>14500326
>being this defensive
Nah, go fuck yourself faggot. Feigning impartiality by lying is pretty fucking weak, even for a Reifag. Go get hit by a train.
>>
File: 1468004443985.jpg (111 KB, 600x912) Image search: [Google]
1468004443985.jpg
111 KB, 600x912
I've watched the three films before watching the series. How bad have I fucked up?
>>
>>14500326
I'd ignore him. I have an inkling that it's a retarded Asukafag. There's bound to be a couple every eva-related thread.

>>14500334
Ruined it.
>>
File: 1466643696655.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1466643696655.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>14500337
I'd reply to myself if I were you too. But then again, I'm not a closet Reifag who spouts the same bullshit over and over.
>>
File: 1419766123010.gif (2 MB, 310x175) Image search: [Google]
1419766123010.gif
2 MB, 310x175
>>14500326

http://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/126215842/#126234154

http://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/125394591/#125405744

http://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/119282432/#119313094

http://foolz.fireden.net/v/thread/276737079/#276747380

foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/117249711/#117270023

http://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/116690105/#116708756

>O-Only for Macross Delta
>>>/v/ of all places
>>
>>14500355
Not that poster, but it's common knowledge that Anno took from Kushana's character in this bit. It's hardly some kind of secret.
>>
>>14500358
>C-common knowledge
>same rhetoric and posting style + previous length
>still this defensive
Get fucked, kiddo.
>>
>>14500355

Yeah well you're wrong, faggot. None of those people are me and in fact they don't even seem like the same guy.

You just have autism because you think every single person who says Anno is a Kushana fanboy is the exact same guy and you track "that guy" and remember individual threads where "that guy" posted. Meanwhile everyone fucking knows Anno is a huge Kushana fanboy. It's been known for decades. Literally decades.
>>
>>14500369
I don't have to defend that guy m8. I'm just telling you that it's not difficult to know if you've read/watched both, and it's common for people to know. It's like, 20 years old. I don't even see anything similar between this guy and those guys you posted.

You need your meds man. Why does it upset you so that Asuka was ripped off from Kushana?
>>
File: 1468533358982.gif (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1468533358982.gif
5 KB, 160x160
>>14500371
>I-It's totally not me!
>I'ts not me being this much of a sourpuss about the Kushana connection! I swear!
>THIS defensive
Looks like someone's mad about being found out. Let this be a lesson for you.
>>
>>14500374
>y-you just need your meds!
>replying to me in quick succession
>trying to fabricate a clamer persona for deniable plausibility
What an amateur.
>>
>>14500371
Well he's clearly some sort of autist. I'm guessing he's an irate, delusional Asuka fanboy out to defend his waifu and can't stand when people point out that his waifu was copied from Kushana.
>>
>>14500375
>>14500380
Uh, guy, you're only one being a sourpuss here. Not even that guy, but you really do need your meds. The best part is that I know for sure there's more than one person talking to you, and you're here fabricating conspiracies against you.

So yes, take your meds or at least admit you have a problem so we can talk about it.
>>
File: smug lobster babby.jpg (136 KB, 540x530) Image search: [Google]
smug lobster babby.jpg
136 KB, 540x530
>>14500374
>>14500381
17:09:23
17:10:43
>>
>>14500384
>copying my rhetoric now
>not even that guy but
You get really obvious when you repeat yourself. Need I mention
>still this defensive

Regular posters wouldn't give a fuck and would've stopped responding long ago, rather than feel pressured to absolve WITHOUT A DOUBT that it's totally not you.
>>
I think this autistic asukafag is good proof to anyone in doubt that waifufaggotry does strange and horrible things to people. I mean, just look at how far he goes.

>>14500390
I'm not exactly on the defensive, that'd be you. I'm with the other poster, and he's right about what he's saying. You know it, but you're completely retarded/autistic and can't do anything but claim samefag on every post regardless of when it arrives.

Absolutely serious here, you need help and should stay away from online discussion if you can't handle it.
>>
>>14500396
>still this defensive
>I'm not exactly on the defensive, that'd be you
>literally being defensive about being defensive
The absolute madman!
>>
>>14500029
Anno himself admitted m8, I don't like waifus and I know this because it was the bullshit of a waifufaggot that destroyed the movie, because he couldn't masturbate alone he had to destroy the plot of the whole Rebuild to pander to his waifu instead of telling a story as it should be
>>
>>14500494
This.
>>
>>14500777
>Asukafag can't stop shitposting despite the Janitor removing his shitposts
>>
>>14500777
>>14500880
Are you for real? You spent half the thread screaming about samefagging, ground discussion to a halt and got everyone who was telling you to stop acting like a literal child banned and you go right back to samefagging and still going on with your stupid waifushit instead of arguing about the plot?

There is a limit to being a manchild, you're nearly on the same fucking level of CWC, jesus christ go away, you won't convince anyone of your bullshit, no matter how many get banned no one will agree with you, you're not interested in discussion so why even post in this thread? In a thread that no one will agree with you? Grow the fuck up, this isn't funny or witty, its just sad
>>
>>14500036
...Johnny Spaceboots? Is that you?
>>
>>14500965
>shitposting yourself and then saying I did it
Enjoy another ban I guess.
>>
Wow, the Asukafag is spamming the thread in retaliation.

>>14500967
No.
>>
File: asukashinjinoriko.jpg (81 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
asukashinjinoriko.jpg
81 KB, 639x479
The only argument people have against 3.0 is that the characters treated shinji in an annoying and nonsensical way.

Because 95% of people who watch NGE project themselves into the character that is Shinji, after Shinji was thrust into a situation where people were treating him poorly, unfairly and nonsensically, they were personally hurt and confused. They felt betrayed by all of their favorite characters, and were confused why they would treat him in such a way.

This is how 3.0 is an absolute masterpiece. Just as 2.0 successfully pulled you through a comfy world of girls and overcoming obstacles and made you happy and comfortable, 3.0 just as successfully pulled you into a world of pain and confusion, precisely what Shinji was feeling during 3.0. It is a magnificent achievement in art that people feel exactly what the main character is feeling while the main character is feeling it, the sense of confusion and pain that Shinji is feeling is 100% projected onto the viewer.

Plebians are unable to separate themselves from the perspective of Shinji and look at Hideaki's artwork from the outside, so they turn their pain and confusion into dislike, aka cognitive dissonance(what christians feel when they see literature on natural selection).

This is why a true patrician understands the magnificent piece of art that 3.0 is, and the difficult task that it has achieved of pulling you directly into the feelings of the MC.
>>
>>14501163

No, you're full of shit. I don't project myself in Shinji's role. He's just a character. However he is the central protagonist and the show is focused around his viewpoint 90% of the time, and the movies around his viewpoint basically all the time.

When everyone was being a vague cunt to him in 3.0, I didn't feel betrayed by the rest of the cast. I just thought "what the fuck, he's got no idea what happened and instead of telling him they're being cunts."

I don't even care that this is some bait copypasta, there are people who really believe this... and those people are dumb. There is nothing revolutionary or brilliant about 3.0. It's just shit.
>>
>>14501179
>replying to such obvuous bait
weeeew laddie
>>
If Wille had rescued salvaged Rei instead of Shinji they would have treated her like shit, no more than a piece of meat that the bad guys want to use for their terraforming keikaku, Shinji is actually the same shit and they have probably know for a decade, When you look at it in this perspective, its not that strange how they mangled him.

In fact Misato probably remembers everything but must act knowing that Shinji isnt what she thought he was, I mean Misato must be conflicted, Ritsuko was never the kindest person around, also all the other pilots are confirmed to have bomb collars, so they indeed treat them as monsters/weapons and not as human beings.
>>
File: 1436769848214.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1436769848214.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>14499878
>snae
Is this one of those new nigger words like "dab" or "fleek"?
>>
File: 1343095105722.jpg (88 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
1343095105722.jpg
88 KB, 500x448
>>14501163
holy shit, this bait
go and kill yourself
>>
>>14501163
Hm, it would seem you're doing a lot of projection yourself. There's good arguments and explanations for why the plot is nonsensical and even is experienced as annoying, but you're not responding to those and is instead just ranting.

That's how we know for sure you're a dumb otaku.
>>
File: 1408241156113.jpg (252 KB, 1335x750) Image search: [Google]
1408241156113.jpg
252 KB, 1335x750
>>14501163
Sure, faggot kun, sure.
>>
>>14492347
>while explaining nothing to him yet expecting him to comply with their, frankly unreasonable without context, demands.

"Stay out of the fucking robot" is not an unreasonable demand
>>
>>14492443
Kaworu said a lot of things that aren't true, like linking Near Third Impact and Third Impact when they're two separate events with two Angels coming in between.

Wille's not happy with Shinji because he reawakened Unit 01 at the beginning of the movie and that means Seele can use him to trigger 4th Impact.
>>
>>14502685
Depends on context, and in Shinji's case, it's one of the many unreasonable demands.

If I told you to suck my dick, it'd sound unreasonable for you, even outrageous. But if you had known that the world would actually explode if you didn't, it wouldn't be as unreasonable.

Now here's the thing: If I had told you that, that the world would explode if you didn't suck my dick, it would still sound unreasonable to you, because of how outrageous it would sound. You'd be thinking I was trying to trick you, and that I was full of shit. I'd only antagonize myself by asking this.

3.33 is a load of a garbage.
>>
>>14502685
Without the right context, it is. At the first meeting with Gendo he told him: your job is to enter in the robot. Misato constantly asked Shinji to go on the EVA when Shinji said he did not want to do it.
Everyone has asked Shinji to get in the robot and do not to complain, but no one has ever bothered a moment to explain to him that the Eva was a divine machine with unclear powers.

Seriously, Gendo words , textual, were "your job is just get in the robot, nothing else" Among other things, just woke up, Shinji has no idea of Eva's powers or role, so deal with him like rabid dogs is just stupid.
>>
>>14502685
>shinji get in the fucking robot
>ok, fine
>shinji stay out of the fucking robot
>what

>shinji go kick that angel's ass
>alright
>shinji why did you kick that angel's ass now we all hate you
>why do I listen to you again
>>
>>14492404
Well, when they lanced adam, it was sundered into the angels and then wiped the antarctic ice sheet

whose to say unit one didn't have a deathstreak that blood-tanged the water and put itself into orbit and turned rei into a satellie angel to keep him safe and together with her forever?
>>
>>14494428
>Why didn't Rossiu talk with Simon
>Why didn't the Black Knights talk with Lelouch
>Why didn't Shoko talk with Haruto
>Why didn't Kiba talk with Takumi

Welcome to /m/.
>>
>>14492404
>I honestly like Kaworu. At least he's nice man. I swear.
Kaworu is absolute scum. If you can't see that, then you're probably too dumb to discuss this at a competent level.
>>
>>14502760

Maybe you can explain how he's absolute scum instead of being a faggot.
>>
>>14502749
/m/ - Common Sense
>>
>>14502765
/m/- Misunderstandings.
>>
>>14502749
Yeah I know I am saying it was more of a reason to talk in this scenario.
>>
Okey, let's try to think a moment.
>>14492183
Okey... let's try.

First of all, I do not think that Shinji has really caused the third impact. We saw clearly that Kaworu stopped him at the end of the 2.0. We even know that in the days after a lot of shit happened and much of this was caused by the Seele and Kaworu himself with his Eva possessed by an angel.

After that, Misato and Ritsuko have found themselves managing the remained humanity in the middle of the apocalypse. Shinji was used as convenient scapegoat, while Misato and Ritsuko pretended to not have any responsibilities, because otherwise no one would follow them.
After twenty years they entered a bit 'too much into the character. Misato could not explain the situation to Shiji, not after that she has set herself the hate for him like the only reposanbile of their disaster .

This maybe explains why Asuka, at the end of the movie behaves differently towards Shinji, more friendly. It was like if it was all a farce that Misato and Asuka had to keep it in public.

But yeah...it is only an interpretation, perhaps completely wrong
>>
>>14502764
For one, he's completely aware of the situation in 3.33 yet neglects to make even first contact with Shinj. Instead he lets him wallow around. Before that, he's let Rei Q run around as an ignorant mass barely living a life.

When Shinji makes contact, Kaworu does not explain, assuage or otherwise put things into context. Only when Shinji asks Kaworu what happened afterwards hoping he'd know, does Kaworu do something like that.

In the worst possible way. He becomes unresponsive, and walks Shinji out on the highest point they can reach, and then shows him the destruction around them and said that everyone blamed him for it. He did not explain how things had progressed over the last 14 years, he just punched Shinji in the gut.

Kaworu uses Shinji to do what he wants. When they encounter enemies down in Terminal Dogma, Kaworu flat out ignores Shinji's cries for help, despite the fact that with his help they could have settled things more quickly.

Kaworu is without any doubt absolute scum. He's neglectful, careless and acts with disdain towards others.
>>
>>14502794

Kaworu is not human.
>>
>>14502794
He also stabbed him out of nowhere at the end of 2.0 while going 'I'LL MAKE YOU HAPPY'.

Kaworu was a creepy yandere stalker.
>>
>>14502784
see >>14499987

for the actual explanation. Your conclusion is that it's all a farce, and yes, it really is all a farce. Just moreso than you think.
>>
>>14502800
Human or not, he is sentient, has a capability for understanding others (or claims to have), and he can make the choices he wants.
For his choices, he is absolute scum.

Only moronic yaoi-lovers miss that fact since they're only focused on potential homosexual relationships.

>>14502802
Yeah, there's that part too, I forgot all about it. So apparently, this guy Kaworu has been knowing about Shinji and everything else, yet never says so.
>>
>>14502824

No, Kaworu isn't absolute scum.

Kaworu has his own agenda, definitely, but he also has to deal with being SEELE's puppet and being an Angel which means he has autism. That said, despite clearly having a different sense of perception and morality than normal people, despite that he is also manipulating Shinji, he seems to genuinely have Shinji's best interests in mind. He didn't have to strap the bomb collar on himself either, but he did, for Shinji's sake. Literally put his life on the line.

So Kaworu is more likable and for the dickish things he does, he at least has an excuse.

Nobody else in 3.33 does.
>>
>>14502802
"THIS time" i'LL MAKE YOU HAPPY.

"This time" implies that they have already met somewhere.
>>
>>14502843
That just makes him a repetitive yandere stalker, which only makes the case against him worse.

Stop traumatizing the poor boy already, Kaworu.
>>
>>14502840
Kaworu has no excuses besides the ones you just made up. They aren't even true or don't work out.

I'm telling you that he is absolute scum, because he chooses to behave like absolute scum. He's not SEELE's "puppet" because SEELE has in Rebuild done nothing to ensure that he is just that. He is given complete free reign. The facts is that not only is Kaworu absolute scum, he is also dumb. Stop defending this absolute shitstain of a character.

Do you evne realize how hypocritical you are? You can't say "he's a nice man" and then claim his flaws and evildoings don't count because "he's not human". It's like saying the Devil is a good guy because it's his nature to bring evil, sorrow and destruction onto mankind.
>>
File: bane ritsuko.jpg (81 KB, 565x1842) Image search: [Google]
bane ritsuko.jpg
81 KB, 565x1842
>>14502840
>Kaworu is nice because he's nice according to human morale
>Kaworu is not evil because he's not human
>>
>>14502840
>>14502847
This.

Kaworu is the one with no excuse here. He's got the memory of what has happened before, the knowledge of the whole situation, and yet he still acts like a complete douche.

WILLE aren't good either but they don't have the privilege of having memories from past lives and experiences, and intimate knowledge of the world's lore.
>>
>>14502853

I'm not the guy who said he's a nice man. I don't think Kaworu is particularly nice. He operates on an entirely different moral level.

However I do believe that, though he has his own agenda like everyone else in Eva, Kaworu is one of the few that actually cares about Shinji's welfare.
>>
>>14502879
He doesn't operate on a different moral level. He is subject to the exact same level as everyone else as sentient and present as he is. You can't say he "cares about Shinji's welfare" when he consistently makes choices that are directly against his welfare.

The truth is that Kaworu is an exceptionally evil monster who looks like a bishounen. That people misjudge Kaworu's character because he's a pretty young boy and says he wants well, is testament to how dumb large parts of the fanbase are, in particular the fans of yaoi.

It's his actions, not his looks or his promises that count. It doesn't matter if he says that he wishes for Shinji's happiness, what matters is that he actively makes choices that make Shinji unhappy.

Not just Shinji for that matter, the entire world.
>>
>>14502891

He said he wished for Shinji's happiness while he was alone on the moon and no one else could possibly hear him. So who was he bullshitting to?

And he does operate on a different moral level. He's not human. He's an angel. Do you judge animals based on human moral standards too? No, because an animal is an animal.

I don't believe Kaworu is a great guy, but he's not megahitler like you're making him out to be.
>>
>>14502894
>He said he wished for Shinji's happiness while he was alone on the moon and no one else could possibly hear him. So who was he bullshitting to?
Himself. Beyond the fourth wall, the viewer.

You don't get it, do you? Kaworu can say whatever he wants, whenever he wants, but what matters is what he does. If Hitler (you brought him up first) spoke to himself about how he wanted happiness for the jews and the Allies, he wouldn't be any less evil.

In fact he'd be crazy, just like Kaworu when he speaks to himself.

>And he does operate on a different moral level. He's not human. He's an angel.

Quit this dumb argument. You're so hypocritical it hurts to read. You want to judge Kaworu as good based on human moral standards, yet deny his evil because you say he doesn't adhere to those exact standards? Kaworu is not good regardless of standard.

>I don't believe Kaworu is a great guy, but he's not megahitler like you're making him out to be.
He pretty much is "megahitler" in the sense that he's a force of evil. He is someone that despite claiming to do good, can only ever do evil and abuse people.
>>
>>14502840
Put that instance of his life on the line for sake of a display to impress Shinji and get him into the robot. There aren't any consequences to the choker not being worn, it was harmless once it was off.
>>
>>14502749
>claims it hates UNDERSTANDING
>compains when no UNDERSTANDING
I love it
>>
>>14492183
Anno is self inserting as Shinji. 3.0 is him saying YOU WANTED SHIT YET COMPLAIN ITS DIFFERENT. Gendo is his studio, they give him what he wants but are indifferent, everyone else is well the fans who are mad at him.

Anno has always been aware about fan action so this is my theory on 3.0
>>
>>14492183
>Seriously, what the fuck is going on in this shit? Last time I checked Misato was telling him to basically go ahead and cause the 3rd Impact and then they're mad that he did? Who cares if they're the good guys, Wille is full of shit heads.

3.0 makes no sense at all. It's amazing to see Eva shitheads trying to spin this senseless movie into something coherent. Hint : you can't. Hideaki Anno must have thought "well fuck these otakus again, this is my final message. Try to make sense out of nonsense fuckheads. Sayonara. And he went on to make greater things".
>>
>>14492655
dat mp eva dicc
>>
>>14503399
3.0 was like G-reco, any criticism and you're just too dumb to see Anno/Tomino's genius shitposting ensures

Thankfully it seems to have died down.
>>
>>14503414
>Thankfully it seems to have died down.
Nah more like we've been discussing this shit for over 3 years now and people are tired. Hasn't happened with G-Reco though since the people who hate it are legit retarded and never watched pass the first episode while people who hate 3.0 are demented Reifags who won't let it go.
>>
>>14503484

Holy shit this level of delusion.
>>
>>14503493
Sup Reifag
>>
>try to talk about what 3.0 fucked up
>waifu wars fags shit it up
>>
>>14503414
OP here

If you didn't get G-Reco you're retarded. It's literally a kid's show.
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.