[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1sevh13hcf1teummeo1_540.jpg (50 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1sevh13hcf1teummeo1_540.jpg
50 KB, 540x405
Was there planned follow up seasons that just never came through?

Or was this last shot just a desperate attempt to create hype so a budget for more seasons could be approved?
>>
It was for fun, anon.

Imagawa shows aren't allowed to have sequels anyway.
>>
>>14489884
IIRC neither.
>>
File: GF14-001NJ_Hyper_G_Gundam.jpg (52 KB, 360x239) Image search: [Google]
GF14-001NJ_Hyper_G_Gundam.jpg
52 KB, 360x239
>>14489892
But we got The Next Generation, though
>>
>>14489892

It's not even that they're not allowed, it's that he's not interested in doing them. There's interviews with him on YouTube where he clarifies that he believes everything should be put in to a single show and doesn't believe in doing sequels because of it. He would actually like to do sequels for all his shows despite it, but he doesn't allow himself because it's not what he believes in.

I would assume he puts a hook like that at the end of all his shows to make them appear more open ended and give the audience something to fuel their imagination. G was one of his most closed ended shows despite that card. There was really nothing left unanswered.
>>
>>14489884
Neither, it was just an ending. At the time, a new AU would start one week after the last one had ended. There was no space for sequels. Wing likely only got the Endless Waltz OVA due to X bombing and the annual AU model got dropped.
>>
>>14489892
>>14489966
Considering what happened to Treasure after THEY eventually decided to do sequels, he may have had the right idea.
>>
>>14489966
They wouldn't really need him to do a sequel to G Gundam though. They just never wanted to.
>>
>>14489966
>There's interviews with him on YouTube where he clarifies that he believes everything should be put in to a single show and doesn't believe in doing sequels because of it. He would actually like to do sequels for all his shows despite it, but he doesn't allow himself because it's not what he believes in.

Most of his shows have satisfying enough endings. Shin Mazinger was kind of a dick move though.
>>
>>14490005

It wasn't really, it was just mirroring the original story. The actual story within Shin is wrapped up, he just introduces another because the original did. We know roughly how the story goes even without a sequel though.
>>
>>14490052
Not really though without knowing how they bullshit through Kenzo and Tetsuya being dead.
>>
>>14490052
That's not exactly true though, since Shin Mazinger before that changes some stuff from the story that should come afterwards, like Kouji's father seemingly having no secret underwater lab (and thinking that everything was lost at the end) and Tetsuya supposedly dying in the backstory. It seems like the Great Mazinger would have a different creator and set up in the Shin Mazinger world.
>>
>>14490063
>>14490064

Even if you feel like you don't know the rough direction of the unmade Shin Great it's pretty obvious he did it because the original Mazinger did it and not because he was being cruel or something.
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (3 MB, 1317x2001) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
3 MB, 1317x2001
>>14489884

I don't think so. If it was to hype more MFGG it'd probably be in the a short-form movie as F91, CCA, and EW all happened at about the same time. But more likely that they did it to push paper sales.

MFGG had a lengthy run at nearly 50 episodes and ran the gamut of just about every cliche there you'd expect from a tournament style anime. Besides, with the exception of SEED's popularity, most of the non-UC Gundam continuities only get the 30-50 episode run.
>>
>>14490170
Fair enough.
>>
>>14490324
It was also the first non-UC Gundam so I'm sure that helped.
>>
File: 134.jpg (84 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
84 KB, 720x480
>>
Q) Several of your works seem to leave themselves deliberately open for sequels (such as the 'See You Again Gundam Fight 14' message at the end of G Gundam, and Giant Robo setting the stage for the final battle between the IPO and Big Fire.) Was this done in hopes of encouraging other people to step up and try their hand at the ideas?

A) That is not the case. For example, with the Gundam Fight, it was done in jest. I wanted to capture the Olympic spirit.

In Giant Robo, it was meant to show that the world still goes on after within the context of the story. G Gundam fans can speculate on their own. That’s why it’s great that individuals with their own views can speculate and use their imagination.

Source - http://aeug.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html#115846513271697487
>>
https://youtu.be/hXpZNuylMDo?t=3m10s

>>14490413
>>14490418

In this interview he states he'd like the opportunity to do a G Gundam sequel and has ideas for it. Never say never I suppose.
>>
>>14490052
>It wasn't really, it was just mirroring the original story.
Fuck off with this goddamn meme. Neither the manga nor the shitty anime had Shin's ending. Mazinger Z vs Ankoku Daishogun's setup was totally different.
>>
>>14491513
The anime did have more or less the same ending. They just took it a bit farther by actually having Great Mazinger show up to save Kouji and then showing Kouji and Sayaka leaving for America to study with Professor Watson and shit
>>
>>14491513

Mazinger Z vs Ankoku Dai-Shogun shows a more equal battle, but the actual tv show last episode has a damaged Mazinger going into battle only to be easily taken out by two Mycenae Beast Warriors, with Kouji falling unconscious. Of course, afterwards Tetsuya arrives and saves the day, something that we don't see on screen in Shin Mazinger, even though they show the Great Mazinger itself close to the battle.
>>
Wasn't Great-hen planned but dropped due to Z-hen failing in ratings and DVD sales?

So it's more of a cliffhanger due to poor reception than it is because Imagawa arbitrarily felt like having a cliffhanger.
>>
>>14491889
I haven't seen any source saying it was ever planned. I did see Imagawa say he would have liked to have done it since he considers Mazinger Z to be a two part story with Great Mazinger being part two, but it wasn't possible for unspecified reasons.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.