[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assault Suits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Assault-Suit-Leynos-PS4-PV1.jpg (104 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Assault-Suit-Leynos-PS4-PV1.jpg
104 KB, 600x338
Assault Suit Leynos / Target Earth remake released today.
New bosses, New gameplay, completely remade graphics and soundtrack.

Are you sick enough to climb into the Assault Suit on Ganymede base, and defend humanity from the invasion of earth's forgotten and betrayed soldiers?

https://youtu.be/T2bk1Br5CBs
https://youtu.be/GZnLWcwrFTQ
>>
>>14489000
>Remake looks worse than the 26 year old original
Pointless.
>>
>>14489000
want to get this, but 20 bucks seems a bit much(one of those things I don't like about the PS4, the stuff on the PSN store is often way too expensive for what you're getting)
>>
>>14489000
Why would you remake Leynos when Valken is the one that's actually good?

Laynos is painfully primitive compared to Valken.
>>
>>14489035
Valken got a remake on PS2 and this adds many of Valken's mechanics like melee attacks, dashing and shielding

>>14489020
There's a physical version with some original art too if that's more your speed
>>
>>14489035
Valken gameplay looks boring as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PyvAu1fhM
Also this is more a remake of Leynos 2 (Leynos 1 looks like shit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zalnl5dcNVw
>>
>>14489035
>>14489038
The ps2 Valken was a shit game. Fucked the music and controls. Even the pubemaster art was ruined.
>>
>>14489054
Valken's not boring, despite how it looks at first after playing faster games. It's feels more like you're controlling a giant hunk of metal. Plus it introduced dashing, shielding and melee attacks, and had weapon upgrades found throughout levels instead of through high scores and level clear time.

How the hell is this a remake of Leynos 2.
>>
>>14489035
Why wouldn't you remake the first game in the series and make it better I don't follow
>>
>>14489168
>It's feels more like you're controlling a giant hunk of meta
>not boring
>How the hell is this a remake of Leynos 2.
How it looks as plays, it looks exactly like a HD Leynos 2.
>>
>>14489000
Looks like hot garbage, also no Urushihara, no buy.
>>
>>14489207
Urushihara only worked in Valken
>>
>>14489000
Could one of you guys please translate the second, longer opening crawl that pops up after the first Engrish opening crawl?
>>
>>14489199
I think there's some confusion over what constitutes a remake here
>>
>>14489244
It's translated in the actual English release

"In the year 2096, probing of the outer planets by humans began in earnest. However, tension between the major countries pursuing profit deepened, and the forth world war began.

The war became increasingly violent and although nuclear weapons weren't used, each country's forces were so devastated that it made continuing the war virtually impossible. With no other option, a ceasefire was called.

Due to the war, all communication with the exploration teams sent into space was lost. Restoration efforts began in many regions, but the damage was so extensive that such work could not be carried out without resources mined from the outer planets. To prevent further war and to maintain security of the outer planets, all of earth's nations came together to form the Outer Nations Pact. This prevented any one nation from monopolizing any resources mined from space - an agreement that held, despite each nations military forces watching eachother with suspicion and envy.

As the pact held, danger appeared from the far reaches of space. Without warning, a key mining base on one of Jupiter's moons, Ganymede. Was attacked by unknown assailants..."
>>
>>14489199
That only makes it a remake of Leynos that looks and plays more like Leynos 2 you git.
>>
>>14489000
Any word on the PC release date?
>>
>>14490366
Rising Star Games just said "Summer 2016"
>>
File: CnQBTaRW8AEHc1q.jpg (61 KB, 796x360) Image search: [Google]
CnQBTaRW8AEHc1q.jpg
61 KB, 796x360
>>14490377
>>14490366
>>
>>14490385
Cool, thank you.
>>
Question: So from what I understand the "War" in that's said before to happen before this game was covered in Valken right?

So if those two games are connected where does Leynos 2/Valken 2 fit in?
>>
>>14490708
Valken is a prequel to Leynos and Valken 2 happens at the same time as Leynos as a side-story/re-imagining.

Leynos 2 is the last in the timeline.
>>
>>14490857
Ah. Thanks. It was always bugging me I could never find any concrete info about it.
>>
Reminds me of this.
>>
>>14490894
Metal Warriors takes some pretty heavy inspiration from Valken (Bowdlerized as Cybernator in US).
>>
>>14490857
What's going in in Leynos 2? I can't find any decent story info.
>>
>>14489054
>Valken gameplay looks boring as fuck
>looks

You're telling me you've never played it? It's great.
>>
Alrt us when there is an OST download.
>dat final boss theme with Lance
>>
>>14489000
>20 bucks

man cmooooooooon
>>
>>14491750
Somebody recorded most of it on YouTube if you look hard enough

The final boss tune and the second half of the mission info tune got my dick hard.
Super disappointed that the fanservice part of stage 7 didn't have the proper music. Just replayed the level 1 theme.
Let's hope they fix that after this remake results in a Valken remake?
>>
>>14491635
Too bad there's no translation. You'd think there would be one.
>>
>>14492941
Watched a playthrough, I was mistaken. I meant the last fight with Lance, not the final boss. Either way, song wasn't in there(fight was), but goddamn was that OST great. Ending scene hit me right in the feels again, great song.

Also, erryone needs to remember the Leynos games for Saturn. They were pretty on point.
>>
>>14490708
Yeah, the events of Valken are within their World War 4 according to the timeline.
>>
Oh damn, this is boss, I almost forgot about the game! Is it out on PSN or steam?
>>
>>14492948
Somebody on the Racketboy.com forums was working on one a while back but they dropped off the face of the Earth.
>>
>>14496822
See
>>14490385
>>
>>14497000
Cool, thanks. I guess I might wait till september...
>>
The translation better be uncensored.
>>
File: 1343370730808.jpg (474 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1343370730808.jpg
474 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>14497711
Given that Rising Star Games are the same folks who published Under Defeat HD over here, it ought to be.
>>
>>14501680
The manual has a lot of sweet artwork in it.

https://archive.org/details/Assault_Suits_Leynos_1990_NCS_JP
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>>14489000
>https://youtu.be/GZnLWcwrFTQ
Assault Suits Leynos - Terry Gilliam Edition

itEHaTTSD fans will rejoice
>>
>>14502740
Seems more like Diadra Empty to me.
>>
>>14489000
Its too bad it isn't on steam yet. I will check this out on PS4 later.
>>
>>14502677

Was Under Death HD bad, based on how you said it?
>>
>>14502797
No, I mean that it definitely won't be censored. Under Defeat's plot was essentially about you defeating the allies as Axis (under different names, though that's like that in the original version too), so Rising Star have no problem distributing games with dark/controversial content.
>>
>>14502841

If that be the case, when's the English version coming out. I'm hoping the voice acting stays.
>>
>>14502862
It came out on July 12 for the PS4, actually. No idea about the PC version besides the third quarter of the year though.
>>
>>14489000
I want the PC release of the remake to happen now.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.