[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MACROSS DELTA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1468158411409.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468158411409.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
based VF-22 chan blew those windies to smithereens
>>
too bad they didn't finish the job

>[Ohys-Raws] Macross Delta - 15 (MX 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4
>>
>>14476515

> Walkure have holographic computers and communication equipment built in to their nails

I know they've had that since episode one, but jesus that stuff really is insane.
>>
>>14476515
Wh-what? The Sturmvogel rides again?
>>
>>14476657
>no EX-Gear system, AI assist or current generation inertial dampener

I love me some Guld-brand Guld, but it's at a serious disadvantage as of Delta
>>
>>14476735
maybe the could make a VF-22EX .. then again, might as well just make a modern machine in that case.
>>
>>14476515
Pretty much confirms that Hayate's dad is the one who drop that :D
>>
>>14476735

no it isnt. if a fucking VF-1 can be updated with all of those systems, why the hell do you think the VF-22 wouldn't, especially when its still in service?
>>
>>14476861

IIRC the base VF-22 and the VF-25 were pretty comparable as it was anyway. 22 was better in atmosphere while the 25 is a better space fighter.
>>
>>14476515
I hope Windies annihilate those NUNS bastards, they are fucking scum.
>>
>>14476873

Not in thrust they weren't. The VF-25 leaves the base VF-22 in the dust with about 3 times it's acceleration. The cruising speed of the VF-25 was almost certainly better too, as well as having things like fold radars equipped as standards as part of an all round better avionics package.
>>
>>14476884
Fuck off, Bogue.
>>
>>14476861
>>14476873
>>14476889

VF-25
>Power Plant: two Shinsei Industry/ P&W/ RR FF-3001A Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engines
Propulsion: 2 x 1,620 kN (maximum thrust in space); many x P&W HMM-9 High maneuverability thrusters
Thrust-to-weight ratio: (empty) 39.09
Performance:
Fighter Mode: at 10,000 m Mach 5.0+, maximum speed due to heat-resistance limit of the fuselage

VF-22
>Power Plant: two Shinnakasu Industry/P&W/Roice FF-2450B thermonuclear engines
Propulsion: 41,200 kg [x g] x 2 class (maximum instantaneous thrust in atmosphere; 65,200 kg [x g] x 2 class in space) (in space 639.61 kN x 2); engines utilize air as coolant/propellant in atmosphere, but problems with cooling efficiency (attributed to exceeding output and melting the core) limit maximum thrust to 40% to 60% of thrust in space; 2 x three-dimensional independent convergent/divergent turning exhaust nozzle vanes; 4 x dorsal sub-nozzles above main exhaust nozzles; 2 x banks of pivoting slit nozzles (ventral fuselage) for GERWALK mode VTOL; many x P&W HMM-6J high-maneuverability vernier thrusters.
Thrust-to-weight ratio: (empty) 13.61 (ratio is 8.17 when limited to 60% thrust in atmosphere)
Performance:
Fighter Mode: max cruise speed at 10,000 m Mach 5.06 (VF-22S variant, Mach 5.07); max cruise speed at 30,000+ m Mach 21 (VF-22S variant, Mach 22+); max rate of climb at S/L 61,900 meters/minute
g limit: +60.0/- 45.0

idk what most of these numbers mean but from what i can tell the only thing a stock VF-22 has over the 25 is its only slightly faster in atmosphere and can carry nukes/mdes by default
>>
>>14476904

> carry nukes/mdes by default

Reaction weapons are actually anti-matter weapons, not nuclear apparently. Regardless, the VF-25 can carry 6 reaction warheads as standard and the VF-22 can carry some with optional equipment only to my knowledge. I don't think either were designed with MDEs in mind, and I can't see how the VF-22 was supposed to carry them as standard, even with optional equipment, given they wouldn't be invented for something like a decade after the VF-22 was publicly produced. It can presumably carry them with some minor modifications, but so can the VF-25 and probably most any other VF since they're rather standard missiles externally to my knowledge, so that really isn't saying much.
>>
>>14476897
They are, though. Stop selfinserting as muh humans. NUNS as a military organization in Delta doesn't have a single redeeming trait and the high ranking offciers are portrayed as moustache twirling villain. Grunts are obviously excluded from this, but the organization itself is the Galaxy of Delta. Nuked Windermere, nuked Ragna, killed civilians, killed NUNS soldiers, almost killed Hayate... The show is portraying NUNS as scum.
>>
> The Winderemeres threatens their enemies throughout the galaxy with their song of wind.
> Meanwhile the NUNs with the help of Fire Bomber counters Winderemere with Sound Force.
> So NUNs will win the war
>>
>>14476960

> Basara turns up
> Starts singing
> Hears Heinz singing back
> My job is done, see ya
> Flies off
> Sound Force follows

Unless Jamming Birds are the new Sound Force, and unless they've improved a lot, then Fire Bomber wouldn't fight them because Basara wouldn't really care. If anything, he'd probably join Windermere since NUNs clearly nuked Windermere.
>>
>>14476960
I know Macross is all about dat utau, but honestly, the Windies aren't a threat on the same level as what the franchise usually gives us. If NUNS got serious and sent in a response force of the stripe we saw in the Frontier movies, the show would be over. The story is only possible because they don't care about a bunch of stupid bullshit a gorillion lightyears away from Earth.
>>
File: 1468171687213.jpg (220 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1468171687213.jpg
220 KB, 1366x768
>Mirage face when she loses
>>
>>14476978

If they sent in a response force like in the Frontier movies they'd just increase the amount of troops under Var command. The apples and water don't make it possible, they make it easier, and with Heinz now possessing all the ruins they don't need them as much, since even non fold sensitive people Cluster wide can hear him. They're still giving people those to make it as easy as possible to keep them docile, but even knowing about the apples and water Mirage was still worried about going Var like Messer and only stopped worrying about it because Hayate reminded her that Freyja and Walkure would always be singing to keep them safe from it. She could still get it without the Var innoculation their singing builds up, it's just easier with the apples and water. It's also why NUNs pilots continue to fall under it despite them finding out about the apples and water 5 or 6 episodes ago.
>>
>>14476735

It could be a retrofitted 22S. If a monkey model of the VF-19 was able to meet or surpass the VF-25, the VF-22S should easily still be useful during this time period. Otherwise they could have just used a VF-171EX. The only other reason I can think of is that a lot of macross fans know the VF-22S was special forces use only, and hayate's dad was pretty tight lipped on what he actually did, ergo he must have been the pilot.
>>
>>14477005

NUNs has what basically equates to a militarized fire bomber though. If they got serious the events of delta would have lasted maybe 8 episodes
>>
>>14476978
The response force u mean is it from the 2nd Macross Frontier Movie where a huge fleet with few macross class ship in different colours is seen de-folding?
>>
>>14477005
1) Can Ranka or Sheryl Nome help reinforce the NUNs fleet with their songs?
2) Why not Ranka just command a whole fleet of Vajra to just massacre them instead? Wouldn't that be easy?
3) What about having sound boosters to magnify the soudwaves sung by the Walkure to ampifly the effect? Wouldn't that be even easier?

I mean it is ridiculous to know that the Winderemere empire is so bold to take on the who galaxy with their sold called 'Song of Wind'. Its impossible for Windemere win this war...
>>
Does this mean they're going to make a DX Chogokin Vf-22?
>>
>>14477046
whole**
>>
>>14476972
What about Ranka and Sheryl? What can they possibly do if a war were to happen?
>>
>>14477005

they literally cannot win unless NUNs did nothing. They have Fire Bomber, Jamming Birds, Sheryl/Ranka, and those are just the named groups that can immediately shut down the corrnerstone of their strategy
>>
>>14477013

The retro-fitted VF-19 started as a monkey model but wasn't one by the time it was finished and/or flew better than a VF-25 in trials, since everything that made it a monkey model in the first place was removed. Neumann even changed the wings so that they resembled the YF-19 again rather than the production VF-19 or the monkey model it started life as. They only used one in the first place because it was all that was available, but SMS had lots of better parts as spares for a VF-25 to make the unit better.

If a VF-22 was to be on the same level it'd need nearly as much modification.

>>14477019

That militarized Fire Bomber can only protect a small amount of people though, which is why so many friendly units fall despite their singing. And why Ernests' plan to attack Windermere only included a small force on the Elysion while the majority remained on Ragna - so they wouldn't risk exposure, since only Delta Squad and the Elysion had had repeated exposure to Walkure and so better protection against Var.
>>
>>14477061
Ask the Vajra to intervene.
>>
>>14477061
>sheryl and ranka
>Nuns

Are you retarded? All NUNS did was nearly kill Alto and Vajra Queen in the movie and they quit them to join SMS.

By the way, the tagline of the show is of a story about interstellar-passionate teamwork and love that resounds/crosses the star systems.

Doesn't look Mirage can win anymore.
>>
>>14477046

> 1) Can Ranka or Sheryl Nome help reinforce the NUNs fleet with their songs?

Sure. It wouldn't do much good though, since they'd still be limited in their range.

> 2) Why not Ranka just command a whole fleet of Vajra to just massacre them instead? Wouldn't that be easy?

The Vajra left this galaxy at the end of Frontier. There are none around for her to command.

3) What about having sound boosters to magnify the soudwaves sung by the Walkure to ampifly the effect? Wouldn't that be even easier?

Sound Boosters don't have infinite range. The tech that Walkure are using is already based on them. All they're missing is the ability to make lasers or shields, which wouldn't help win a war on their own.

>>14477067

They literally cannot shut down the cornerstone of their strategy though. If they could, Walkure would have already done so, since they already use fold wave singers. All it does is neutralize its effects when close enough. It doesn't even cure it, hence Messer, and it has to be close to even neutralize it.
>>
>>14477109
>The Vajra left this galaxy at the end of Frontier. There are none around for her to command.
Really? I don't remember that. I remember Frontier island colony landing on the Vajra homeworld and there being vajra nearby, implying the start of a peaceful coexistence.
>>
>>14477115
Depends the version.

In the movie where NUNS arrived to shoot their lazers, they fucked off with Alto.
>>
File: NuclearExplosion10MetersAway.jpg (89 KB, 320x331) Image search: [Google]
NuclearExplosion10MetersAway.jpg
89 KB, 320x331
>>14476827
I hope Hayate finds out and realizes that one bomb was not enough.
>>
>>14477147
>here son, have some fold quartz I carved out of a vajra corpse that I killed myself
>>
>>14477084
>Neumann even changed the wings so that they resembled the YF-19 again rather than the production VF-19
The VF-19A also used the wings of the YF-19.

Essentially, the VF-19A was a production version of the YF-19. As far as I know, it's only appeared in video games.
>>
>>14477109
1)What about NUNs deploying ghost valkyries??? Will that help in the war against Winderemeres?

2) I'm still having doubts that Winderemere can take on the whole galaxy with the help of those protoculture ruins. Speaking of protoculture, do u think the power of anima spiritia can affect the war itself? because as we know, anima spiritia is one of the weapons the protoculture civilization uses
>>
>>14477162

The VF-19A wasn't the production model most people using it were using though. It did exist, but it wasn't wide spread and even Isamu couldn't get his hands on one.

>>14477193

> 1) What about NUNs deploying ghost valkyries??? Will that help in the war against Winderemeres?

It probably would, but they'd have to take time to produce them in sufficient quantities, and the more time they take, the more control Windermere establishes, the more Var subjects they have, the more Ghosts are needed, the more time NUNs need to produce quantity, the more... etc.

That's putting aside that even in Frontier NUNs aren't terribly fond of Ghosts and put them on a digital leash most of the time, not even deploying them in great quantity in the first place.

> I'm still having doubts that Winderemere can take on the whole galaxy with the help of those protoculture ruins

They don't intend to. Their plan is to take over using the Song of the Wind, not take it on. They've already done that. They've established the Starwind Sector already.

> Anima Spiritia

Isn't that just music?
>>
>>14477193
As far as I know, variable fighters haven't been computerized as drones for combat use. Ghost-type drones do exist (SV-262 already has them) but they require a human controller. It is possible to have autonomous drones on the same level as the Ghost X9 from Macross Plus, but it's technically illegal under NUNG law. Macross Galaxy deployed them en masse because they didn't give a fuck, and Luca's Ghost drones had their more dangerous programming locked away only for emergency use. Apparently without a human controller they're quite limited and don't adapt well to changing situations, given their limited AI. The combat AI when unlocked is dangerous, but it's not really suited for anything other than tactical or simple commands. It's not human level intelligence.

>I'm still having doubts that Winderemere can take on the whole galaxy with the help of those protoculture ruins.
I think Windemere is only thinking about trying to conquer the Brisingr cluster for now, mainly because they discovered those ruins in the cluster. If they're going to conquer the rest of the galaxy, they'll need to figure out some other way, as well as a way to rival humanity on a galactic industrial scale.
>>
>>14477217
ya, my bad. Anima spiritia is indeed music. I;m curious to how the NUNs intents to deal with the situation. Because it will be risky if NUNs brings the whole fleet in Song of Wind's listening range, worst case is that Song of Wind can be anywhere around the galaxy
>>
I bet if NUNs were to get serious and intervene into the conflict, their fighting power will be as great as shown in the picture shown right? Picture is from macross frontier movie 2.
>>
>>14477252

thats not nuns though its SMS

serious NUNS would be 10 battle classes folding over windemere and glassing it
>>
File: x06-Major-Valan.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
x06-Major-Valan.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
Do you think Major Valan has plans under his sleeves counter against Winderemere?
>>
>>14477280
I think he's probably a good guy.
>>
>mustache twirling valan bombing ragna before UNG citizens are evacuated
>won't give supplies to failing UNG colony
>>
>>14477244
What I'm curious about is how Windemere plans to survive once Heinz dies. It's not like wind singers grow on Apple trees.
>>
>>14477289
Judging the way he does things must mean that he is confident that the NUNs has the ability to deal with Winderemere right?
>>
>>14477308
they want to wipe out walkure, then they can enslave people without worrying about anyone breaking the brain control

and once they have a sector full of planets under their command, they'll try to fortify themselves. it's clear that they have the tech to compete with some of the latest human military hardware (lol because other humans trained them and gave them the technology) but what they're lacking is a strong industrial base to produce ships and variable fighters to defend their new empire because they don't have anything like the factory moons and ships of the UNG
>>
Let sus kill all the windies rape murder kill! Huahfaphasfhasahdahahah.
>>
I really hope Macross Epsilon, or whatever the next series is called is about a NUNs pilot, or at least puts some positive spin on them. The franchise has been kind of down on them since the original and it'd be nice to see them given some decent people once again.
>>
>>14477369
how do u know the next series is called Macross Epsilon? or how do u know there will be another series?
>>
>>14477380

I don't, in either case. Hence the "or whatever the next series is called" bit. I'm just assuming there'll be more since Macross is a successful franchise.
>>
>>14477314
He is probably one of those guys they send in to deal with regional disputes, he probably isn't taking them all that seriously
>>
>>14477451

He's the Leon Mashima of this show, and at some point, one of his allies is going to one up him and shock him senseless because won't have seen it coming at all, the smug prick.
>>
>>14477469
Except Leon on the tv show was a pwoer hungry asshole who wanted on the plan Galaxy had to rule the galaxy, he just got fucked when the SMS crew got proof of his crimes and I think the movie version was him just being a retard and trusting the Galaxy crew but they were just going to backstab him there
>>
>>14477474

It was Grace that beat him in the TV show. She even crows to him about it before SMS come for him. It's because of her that they find out about him.
>>
>>14477380
Are you seriously this retarded?
>>
>>14477369
In ten years we will get Macross H, a series about an upcoming rap crew known as Neo Yezus.
They'll act as space pirates while trying to work enough jobs to earn the money to release their magnum opus mix-tape across the galaxy.
The main character will be Canya East an extremely narccisstic rapper/space pirate trying to make it big.
The main live triangle is between Praia Immelman (a VF squadron leader trying to catch Canya) and Kin Arshian (a rival female pirate releasing her own mix tapes)
Kawamori confirmed that he will be on cocaine and xanax for this series,stay tuned for more.
>>
So NUNS had a fold Jamming system in the fleet in this episode, that protected them from Heinz's song. It seemed several of the ships had the system. Keith however took out all these ships, so the rest of the fleet VAR'd.
>>
>>14477529

It is nice to see them trying new technology. I'd bet in a few episodes all ships will have it. Just in time for Windermere to not be the bad guys anymore.
>>
>>14477535
>>14477529
Didn't they say that the song power was far too great in the cluster for it to be of any effect?
>>
>>14477561

No idea, not seen the episode - just commenting since someone said it.
>>
I get the feeling that Earth is run by President Obama, who seriously de-militarized the system in order for colony fleets to not feel threatened by the fact that Earth takes all their advanced technology, so now they can't react in significant force when evil aliens try to take over human worlds.
>>
>>14477591

i get the feeling i'm reading the yahoo news comment section. please consider your post quality.
>>
>>14477591
Nigger, go back to /pol/ with your insane bullshit, the reason they don't react to everything is because they gave a lot more power to each colony to deal with its own problems because they saw that the Macross 7 clusterfuck could have been dealt with faster if Colony 7 had a way to decide shit on its own, the only way the NUNG will ever react to something is if it is a threat to the entire galactic government
>>
>>14477369
>The franchise has been kind of down on them since the original and it'd be nice to see them given some decent people once again.
I think that's due to Kawamori's method of storytelling and the preference of the franchise to go for understanding and communication rather than "blow them up" or "ignore it" which is what NUNS usually goes for
>>
>>14476515

>VF-22

hmm this was like 7 or 8 yrs ago so its unlikely we'll see another, i want the pilot to be hayates dad if only for the chance that we get a flashback with this beauty
>>
>>14477925
I am like 95% sure there is no reason they would introduce how the bomb was dropped for the first time and then reveal to Hayate that Arad knew his dad in the same episode if this wasn't the case
>>
>>14477925

I'm just wondering when the VF-4 Lightning III will appear to say it's getting a masterfile.
>>
>>14476735
By this time they can probably replace the Inertia Vector Control System with the Inertia Store Converter.
>>
>>14477260
NUNS-SMS combined fleet. Two Quarters confirmed as SMS.

In the Wings of Goodbye novelization Macross 13 and Battle 7 was among the reinforcements along with Max and Millia.
>>
>>14477217
Song Energy are Fold Waves according to Macross Chronicle. Anima Spiritia is what the Protoculture call their Fold Receptors that sealed the Protodevlin.
>>
>>14476904
>idk what most of these numbers mean but from what i can tell the only thing a stock VF-22 has over the 25 is its only slightly faster in atmosphere and can carry nukes/mdes by default
Look at the thrust to weight ratios, the VF-25 has 2.8 times higher acceleration which makes an enormous difference in both space and atmosphere even if their top speeds are similar.
>>
>>14477061
Frontier might actually be able to hold up against the Winderemere forces.

Ranka's fold wave output had a huge output and range compared to Walkure's, at one point she was competing with the Vajra Queen. Now add in Sheryl, who would also have the fold virus in her guts and presumably the same level.

I expect that Winderemere would actually be unable mindcontrol Frontier's forces due to the relatively huge range of their fold wave outputs, and even if Frontier fell, once Ranka or Sheryl(immune to mindcontrol because fold receptor) have a distress call via fold waves, the Vajra comes in immediately and fuck them upside down.
>>
Windermere is one planet. Just fire a dimension eater torpedo at them and war's over.
>>
>>14478990
unfortunately while there's mustache twirly NUNS villains, none of them are smart enough or capable enough to do such a thing
>>
>>14478657
those thrust to weight ratios are for empty loadouts and actual engine output difference is closer to ~2.5x
>>
>>14478990

THIS. even with the Song, or just using conventional weaponry Windemere would drown under the blood of the fallen. Zents are no longer the big boys in the Milky Way, its the Humans
>>
For what purpose?

>>14478990
-Aren't those banned? More importantly, I don't think "We should be like the Galaxy" is a good strategem
-Isn't the reason for this conflict because I think they tried that?

>>14479026
I believe they said something earlier in the series about there being a dimensional barrier around the planet so they cannot Fold there. Also, the minute they showed up they'd probably get Var'ed especially now that Heinz is super powered
>>
>>14479026
>Zents are no longer the big boys in the Milky Way, its the Humans
Aren't there supposed to be thousands more Zentradi fleets in the galaxy? Macross Mecha Manual says that there are around 1000 more of the DYRL style Zentradi command fortresses existing in the galaxy, while there's somewhere around 1000 to 3000 of the SDFM TV series style Zentradi command motherships left in the galaxy. Each likely has a fleet attached to it, and there might be smaller fleets roaming around as well.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossdyrl/golboddolezer-mobilefortress.htm

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/fulbtzs-berrentzs.htm
>>
>>14479048

>Dimensional barrier around the planet

Downgrading to the YF-30 for maximum fold fault/barrier penetration confirmed.
>>
>[gg]_Macross_Delta_-_15_[D455D019].mkv

Subs are out
>>
ED 2 > OP 1 = OP 2 = ED 1
OP 1 barely edges out OP 2 due to hype factor. ED 2 is already one of my favorites though.
>>
>>14479101
Oops! Meant to say OP 1 = OP 2 > ED 2. My mistake.
>>
Well so much for it being a backwater planet problem
>>
>>14479261
>entire galaxy of angry, veiny faggots
>>
Place your bets in the dead pool folks
>>
>>14479299
Everyone that mentioned their family.

Basically, the two old man(Who does not like the idea of more war), and one of the twins.
>>
File: vf22.jpg (387 KB, 1500x498) Image search: [Google]
vf22.jpg
387 KB, 1500x498
>>14476926

I'd imagine that any VF with external hardpoints could use an MDE bomb.
>>
>>14479299
All of them, please. Bogue especially.

So, the next episode is confirmed to be Hayate's birthday, right? And Freyja will give him the gift of dank pussy and motivation like Sheryl did for Alto, right?
>>
>>14479009
Actually, if we take Windemere's badly-edited aerial footage at face value, NUNS did exactly that in order to destroy a single target located on the surface of Windemere, rather than wipe out the entire planet despite knowing Windemereans had the ability to sing mind-controlling songs stronger than any human idol. So, really, I'd say NUNS is less the villains and more the scapegoat for whatever the Windemereans, and Hayate's dad, were doing during Windemere's civil war.

>>14477640
We see NUNS Earth actually took an interest, but they sent just one guy, a special ops team, and a reaction bomb solely to blow up one planet so that Windemere wouldn't have total control over the Brisingr globular cluster. The only reason to do that would be to buy time until they could muster a real response because they're too weak to stop Windemere from taking over the galaxy.

NUNS aren't the villains here.
>>
So, Hayate's dad confirmed for NUNS deserter/traitor who joined Windemere during it's civil war/war of independence against the pro-UN Windies and who dropped the Dimension Eater to kill off the former royal family so Gramia could take over?
>>
File: Sv-154.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sv-154.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>14477939

I feel like, at best, we might see some static shots of it in a flashback, similar to the SV-154.

>14477925

Delta Squad is on Ragnar Island, unable to get to Elysion when the scramble order is called. Find a hangar that belonged to the colony's colony's air wing, has a handful of VF-4's that have been sitting unused for 30+ years.
>>
>>14479404
Hayate's dad on the far right.
>>
>>14479405
>>14479404
>>14479390
Windies should be raped aand killled haooohoahahaoahaha hoohahahaohooohaaa.
>>
>>14477640
>Nigger, go back to /pol/ with your insane bullshit,

Go back to >>>/lgbt/ with your /pol/ meme.
>>
File: OrdinatusGolgotha.jpg (45 KB, 462x385) Image search: [Google]
OrdinatusGolgotha.jpg
45 KB, 462x385
>>14479407
Windemere is literally Nationalist Japan, can you not see how they DESERVE THE BOMB!?
>>
>>14478365

Soooort of. Spiritia is a form of dimensional energy in all living things, which Protodevlin needed in order to survive in our dimension. Anima Spirita is an abnormal occurrence (chord) of this Energy. When someone with abnormal spiritia projects sound energy, it harms the Protodevlin. It's what was originally used to seal the Protodevlin away; and to ultimately set them on a new path some 500,000 years later.

Calling it now; Makina is the original Anima Spiritia, and the Sigur Valis & Rune system are what she used to seal away Protodevlin.
>>
File: leaf.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
leaf.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>14479411

*Mikumo
>>
Never thought i would say this but the CGI in this show is pretty good, probably the best ive ever seen in anime. Not only the textures and shading are decent but the animation with it is well done
>>
>>14479411
Man I called that like 4 weeks ago.
>>
File: Literally female Basara.jpg (882 KB, 1600x3584) Image search: [Google]
Literally female Basara.jpg
882 KB, 1600x3584
>>14479417
>>
>>14479421
Eh, I find that the mipmapping in Delta is way worse than in Frontier. And they have a lot more CGI cruisers and carriers that just float around doing nothing for longer shots, which makes them look really lazy. And Keith dodging everything always looks like total fucking BS.
>>
>>14479431
She should be the harem's number 2, not Mirage.

Does anyone else feel like the 2nd triangle in Delta refers to Mirage, Hayate, and Chuck learning to be good pilots and taking down Keith?
>>
>>14478827

> Ranka's fold wave output had a huge output and range compared to Walkure's

Source?
>>
>>14479483
Last episode.

There's a part that shows Ranka's fold wave output, and the sphere that is her output range is way larger than a Battle-class, and they mentioned that she's matching the Queen's fold wave output.
>>
Has there ever been a bigger loser of a girl in Macross than Mirage? She's like a Flower Girl tier joke character.
>>
>>14479495
Mirage is cutest and she is getting ace'd once Delta gets in SRW.
>>
There's VF-22 kicking windnigger ass? time to catch up with this show
>>
NUNS will win this war easily if they were serious. Btw, if the out-of-control Sharon Apple is programmed to defeat against NUNS' enemy then i believe NUNS will stand a chance against Windermere...
>>
File: protoculture.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
protoculture.jpg
187 KB, 1280x720
Since Protodevilns know a lot about Protocultures and are capable of destroying the ruins as demonstrated when Gepelnitch orders to destroy the Protoculture ruins in Macross 7. Why don't they just reappear and destroy it since the Wind Singer is about to threaten the whole galaxy?
>>
>>14479557
Because the Protodevlin are now space singing hobos.
>>
>>14479495
I'm really pissed that she hasn't been doing much.
>>
>>14479495

> Mylene
> Myung
> Mao

>>14479541

> if an out of control AI followed programming then this would be easy

>>14479557

They're in a different dimension. They have no way to know what's happening and frankly, no reason to care even if they did.
>>
>>14479273
So.... a galaxy of /fit/ 4channers?

How horrifying
>>
>>14476515
all I'm seeing here is more kits for me to buy
>>
Why doesn't NUNs just flood the field with Ghosts then release the chains and come back after everyone is dead? Park a factory satellite constantly pumping ghosts outside the Cluster
>>
>>14479581
A galaxy of Tanktoppers.
>>
>>14479571
So i guess the only way is an earthling (Hayate) to marry a Windermerean (Frejya) to build a connection between the two races? I guess the "Minmay attack" strategy isn't effective in this war today as compared to Macross 7?
>>
>We must crush the core of the NUG
Crushing the core of a decentralised organisation, it's gonna be hard.
>>
>>14479585
Because NUNS aren't evil and they aren't stupid. Var could control anyone manning the factory satellite, or if they weren't there Windemere could take over it.
>>
I wonder if this is how they're going to advance Mirage and Hayate's relationship.

>Mirage can only get closer to Hayate because he finds out his dad was history's greatest monster
>>
>>14479591
Really? Really? If they do go that route, you think it'll be a bridge between Hayate and Mirage and not Hayate and Freyja?
>>
>>14479590

thats why I said put it outside the cluster, constantly pumping out machines that can rival the greatest Aces, keep the Space Belka contained until they can get something to take out the Dimensional locks
>>
>>14479596
Look at the episode preview. It's obvious that next week is all about Freyja and Hayate.
>>
>>14479588
>son of the man that bombed them and traitor of the race.
Well, I wonder.
>>
>>14479596

Finding out her crush's dad was a triple S class war criminal and the worst thing to ever happen to her planet might drive a wedge between them for a couple episodes. That's when pointy eared cat lady will make her move.
>>
>>14479602
Whose birthday do you think it is? Hayate's? Or Freyja's? Up until now I had thought it'd be Freyja's, but with the preview I'm thinking it's Hayate's. Which is sort of unexpected.
>>
>>14479610
It's Hayate's. He's going to be shocked and doubt his path, and Freyja's going to be like
>Just do what you want to do!
and Mirage will be there in the background being all anxious.
>>
I wonder what it's like to record for an episode where 20 of your characters literally each have 6-10 words to say and they're done
>>
How do Windermeres get haircuts?
>>
>>14479634
You dont your dick when you trim your pubes right?
>>
>>14479637
But my dick doesn't grow from the end of a pube.
>>
>>14479634

The same way anyone else does.

> but they might cut my Rune

They wouldn't, for the same reason haircuts don't cut your ears or shaving doesn't cut your your throat: the person doing it is neither blind nor dumb, and selectivity cuts or shaves only the appropriate parts. Hairdressers regularly cut only bits of hair too.
>>
File: IHZqdkB.jpg (28 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
IHZqdkB.jpg
28 KB, 600x338
Is Mikumo and Sara Nome related in any way? They both went naked while singing though
>>
>>14479634
actually, how often do characters in anime get a hair cut that's not part of plot turning point or a change in character?
>>
>>14479647
It was a mating call, sadly no one answered.
>>
Getting a bit sick of Windermere trouncing everyone yet again with their magic cheat music.
>>
File: kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg (146 KB, 1264x630) Image search: [Google]
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg
146 KB, 1264x630
Quite honestly, if the show drags this out over multiple episodes, I must question why certain other entities of the Macross universe won't come knocking on Windermeres doorstep before long. It's not as if there is a lack of powerful military forces who are not the Terrans flying around.

To be honest, the Windermeres is not even a threat.
>>
>>14479657
How does it feel to be the receing end of songs humie
>>
Father Immelman is going to be the one who dimensionally nuked Windmere right?
>>
>>14479659
>Instant mind control
>not a threat
>>
>>14479659
>windemerans getting face raped by vajra because they hate the sound of the wind songs
>>
>>14479665
That is why i believe they will have counter measures such fold jamming system which is tested in the latest episode. Imagine if fold jamming systems were mass produced. I doubt Windermere is strong enough to deal with the a mass fleet with over 20 Macross ships + Other cosmic entities. Besides, apart from Walkure, they have Ranka, Sheryl and Fire Bomber to do the "Muh Understanding" job.
>>
>>14479671
Aren't they old and passed it by now? Fire Bomber was Max's children generation, now we're at hos grandchildren.
>>
>>14479671
Those singers are not loyal to NUNs macross MCs never want anything to do with NUNs. Theyd tell them to btfo
>>
File: genius.jpg (90 KB, 1365x735) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
90 KB, 1365x735
It seems that the military puts a shi-tons of pressure on Mirage expecting her to be as genius as Max. I believe that is the reason to her attitude, the desperation to be better or the best
>>
>>14479684
What if they realize that the planet or city they are living in was affected by Var Syndromes due to song of the wind? Wouldn't that be an enough reason for them to sing to save humanity?

Still if they embrace the thought that singing can end the war due to "muh understanding" reasons, why not?
>>
>>14479679

Fire Bomber aren't really worth squat minus Basara, at least as a Sound Force, and I'd assume he's still off wandering the galaxy and unlikely to want to help NUNs even if he could be found. Mylene could use fold waves, too, but she was never nearly as good at it as Basara. And Jamming Birds were a joke even in 7. They do have Sheryl and Ranka, but people for some reason assume that they would instantly be better than Walkure and end it all - when all Walkure can do using the same technology and techniques is neutralize a small portion of it because their song has a limited radius and can't be extended, at least using existing technology as explained in one of the episodes. Freyja might be capable of doing so when her rune is active though, same as Heinz, because when she's singing with it everyone on the field and even beyond can hear her.
>>
>>14479690
Theyll do it on their own terms but they wont support the war
>>
>>14479464
The second triangle in Delta is the Ototobowl between Heinz, Roid and Keith. It's even in the OP
>>
>>14479659
>I must question why certain other entities of the Macross universe won't come knocking on Windermeres doorstep
Because that never happens. The only chance something like that would happen is in the final battle or something
>>
>>14479698
Macross MCs arent warmongers
>>
>>14479694

Roid deserves to win the Heinz. Keith doesn't even treat Heinz like a brother, and whether he really cares about him or not it's pretty obvious Heinz needs a big brother/father figure more than anything.
>>
>>14479701
What about Isamu? He seems to enjoy war a lot
>>
>>14479711
He enjoys flying.

Fighting just happens to be one of the few ways to fly.
>>
>>14479711

Isamu enjoys anything that gives him a thrill.
>>
File: versions.jpg (89 KB, 1266x658) Image search: [Google]
versions.jpg
89 KB, 1266x658
1) I have a strong feeling that Windermere and NUNS both have own versions of story regarding the dropping of the MDE weapon on Windermere soil. I'm still on NUNS' side though because Loyd may edit the footage a a bit or maybe twist the story a bit to let everything play into his favor. So this gives him a valid reason to wage war against the NUNG.

2) I strongly believe there is a valid reason to why NUNG dropped the bomb. It could be the purpose to stop Windermere from committing crime or something.

3) Or maybe the MDE used 7 years back is an experimental test. Also, the NUNS plot to use a Reaction Warhead on the Protoculture Ruins in the previous episode may be a revised version of the original test on Windermere without using Dimension Eater. They may have attempted it before, most likely using war as a pretext (or maybe even, not) to experiment if the node seen previously in episode 13 would appear from the 'fold space' it was hidden in, since DE uses Fold Faults.
Ragna was a perfect opportunity to make a re-test if this was true, as the behind the scenes talk with NUNS seems to imply. They also implied that they wouldn't be in this shit (being controlled by var through the song of the wind, which is amplified by the ruins they were attempting to take control of that failed the first time)
>>
>>14479736
You should be in Xaos side not NUNs or Windermere
>>
>>14479736
Haha wow NUNsfags are really reaching.
>>
>>14479751
Why not? no matter how bad the antagonist portray NUNS, they are still the good guys and they always win in the end
>>
>>14479758
No the MCs arent part of the NUNs.
>>
I guess Kawamori just decided to fully make NUNS the Feddie Scum of Macross.
>>
>>14479762
They always were. You better watch SDF again.
>>
>>14479759
I know but in the end NUNG are always correct in the end. Don't include the MCs, just the government itself.
>>
>>14479765

They were less scum in that.
>>
>>14479762
No matter how scum they are they are still government that the people rely on
>>
>>14479766
They werent correct. The MCs were who usually distance thwmselves from UNS/NUNS
>>
>>14479770
Relying on centralized power. I commend them for the decentralization. Hope they even become more decentralized.
>>
>>14479762
Well, Keith was 3x faster and pretty much Charred NUNS fleet alone, so..
>>
This little scene is really well done. Arad the whole time is trying to hide Hayate's face from the NUNS guy and not letting him talk and the camera angle has it so that Hayate's face is not scene in close-ups. When the cat's out of the bag, he looks completely dejected
>>
>>14479782

Why is Hayate so pretty?
>>
File: deployed.jpg (73 KB, 686x360) Image search: [Google]
deployed.jpg
73 KB, 686x360
So who actually deployed the MDE weapon???
NUNS or Windermere??
>>
>>14479806
Probably a third party that infiltrated NUNS, like the 4 guys, or Epsilon.
>>
>>14479806
We probably won't know the truth until next week
>>
Who /waitingforbirdman/ here?

no seriusly, how come we had to deal with that but the windniggers dont
it kinda makes their "choosen people by the protoculture" kinda a weak argument
>>
>>14479873
I'm waiting for AFOs though cause Mikumo seems to one of the birdman species
>>
Why are the songs garbage compared to Frontier?
LITERALLY only When the Rune Sparkles in September is the one I like, and only because I love September.
>>
File: hologram.jpg (44 KB, 684x364) Image search: [Google]
hologram.jpg
44 KB, 684x364
Is this phenomenon something like Sharon Apple's
>>
>>14479889
>Why are the songs garbage compared to Frontier?
Because you have shit taste. All the songs are unique and stand out in different ways. Frontier's songs, well, really just Sheryl's songs, were good but they were good at the one genre they were in while all of Walkure's songs sound different from each other

The only one I would really consider truly weak is Beginner
>>
>>14479767
They were fully willing to throw the Macross out on its ass back then. CentGov has never been portrayed in a brilliant light.
>>
who giri giri made love forever here
>>
>>14479926
And in 7, they immediately went to "kill the Meltran or else" instead of waiting for Basara to do his thing
>>
>We will continue to expand our empire untill we crush the NUNG and its allies.

Are Windermere the most delusion race in entire Macross Universe ?
>>
Is Isamu a better pilot compare to Messer?
>>
>>14480010

A technologically inferior race using alien tech and the power of song to give themselves an advantage and hoping to displace a much more advanced and numerous species with way more territory using it - who do they think they are, humans?
>>
>>14480068
Hey, we didn't glassed their home planet....yet.
>>
I usually hate watching shows while they're airing.

Is Delta good enough so an autist like me can deal with waiting a week till the next episode, or should I just wait another 10 weeks ?
>>
>>14480010
They're as delusional as Zeeks and like Zeeks they're going to get glassed hard.

All of the knights scored death flags in this episode save for the other twin and Bogue while Roid is trying to be the main bad guy just behind Space ISIS.

Of course they will still need to sell movies so maybe only a few of them will die.
>>
>>14480010
I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, I find it very appropriate that someone that wanted to be the "true heir of the Protoculture" is retracing the steps to the Protoculture's destruction.
>>
>>14480097

The movies are almost certainly going to be an alternative interpretation like the Frontier movies and DYRL anyway, so they wouldn't be saving them for that. Mind you, I don't think they're particularly delusional personally.
>>
>>14480105
They're as delusional as Americans who went into Vietnam to "save" them from ebil gommunism or the second war of Iraq with "weapons of mass destruction".

Moving far back they mirror exactly how Imperial Japan saw Asia with their herpderp divine destiny co-prosperity sphere.
>>
>>14480010
>>14480097
It should be noted that not all the Knights are for this. The younger ones are gung ho but the older ones aren't for it at all. And Keith just seemed like he didn't even care. Even the townspeople were like "Wait, the war is still going on?" until Roid wheeled out the shota

This really feels more like it became more about Roid's plan and it will be his downfall by the end.
>>
>>14480015
Hard to say really. Both were deadly against mook level enemies and were on par, more on less, with their enemy counterparts. In universe, who knows, from storytelling point of view, look who is still alive and flirting with cute girls while saving other protagonist's pretty backside, while another is a jellyfish.
>>
>>14480130
This is confusing as fuck because Roid was talking about peace and even had to swordfight against Kei some episodes ago.
>>
>>14480118

They're as delusional as humans in Macross' universe though, because they're trying to do exactly the same as humans did. The only difference is they're deliberately trying to do it, where humans bumbled in to it.
>>
>>14480137
I thought he was talking about Heinz's health. Not necessarily peace.
>>
>>14479926
>They were fully willing to throw the Macross out on its ass back then.

Not even just that, when Global and Misa advocated for diplomacy with the Zentradi the UN refused and instead planned to make the Zentradi grovel for peace by kicking the shit out of them with the Grand Cannon.

Their hubris arguably caused the destruction of the Earth and the lives of billions of people on it.
>>
>An entire fleet get wiped out with only 4 handful fighters.

I know this episode is too boost the Windermere but that is really stupid. Not to mention the NUNG has so many experiences fighting again rebel like the Rogue Zetrandi. brainwashing foe like Sharon Apple, the Protodevilin in 7 or galaxy scale thread like Vajra.
>>
>>14480187
That is what i have been arguing though. It totally makes no sense. But isn't SMS the organization that particularly handles Vajra?
>>
>>14480187
They just aimed for the Fold jamming stuff and they self-destructed via Var.

>Not to mention the NUNG has so many experiences fighting again rebel like the Rogue Zetrandi.
Its pretty easy to deal with them. You either sing to them, or you just Macross Cannon them.

>brainwashing foe like Sharon Apple,
Sharon was destroyed by a single person.

>the Protodevilin in 7
The ones that dealt with the Protodevlin are from Macross 7. UN Spacy(At the time) told them to deal with the threat themselves.

>or galaxy scale thread like Vajra.
Dealt with mostly by Frontier. Everyone else just fought them in a single battle at best.
>>
>>14480187

The only NUN personnel worth a fuck from any of them are Max, Millia and Gamlin. And Max and Millia have almost certainly retired while I'm pretty sure Gamlin left the NUNs at the end of 7. Everyone else has either died or wasn't NUNs personnel in the first place. Or they were background mooks and died in droves, not experienced fighters able to do squat. Getting upset about this is like getting upset that Skull Squad could stand up to Zentradi in SDF Macross.
>>
>>14479806
I'm sick and tired of bad Ace Combat references being shoved in these threads, but 8492
>>
They should tone down the power creep.

There's nothing wrong with making a threat thats just as strong or weaker than a previous threat. Especially when it's on the other side of the galaxy/far away so you have an in universe excuse of why the older top guns cant help.
>>
>>14480137

Roid was never for peace. Roid was for not overexerting Heinz. He NEEDS Heinz for his overall plan to work, the plan that we now know is to use the ruins to take over not just the cluster but much of the galaxy as well.

Which makes sense when you think about it. Calling the war over with the taking of the Brisinger cluster makes sense until you realize that the NUN would never let them keep it. The NUN will always consider that stolen territory, and if allowed to mobilize Windemere cannot hope to take them on.

Yes, the Knights are pretty badass and Keith took on a whole fleet himself this episode. But the problem isn't Windmere's skill, its their fighting force. The knights can only be in one place at a time, and the NUN can just throw 24 fleets at them at once and overwhelm Windemere's ability to respond, and if they lose even a single set of protoculture ruins in the process the whole house of cards starts coming down.

Windemere needs to push the lines of battle deeper into the galaxy of they want to hold anything. And they need to do it NOW, because if they are not a firmly established galactic empire by the time Heinz dies then once that happens they lose everything.
>>
>>14480208

> Zentradi threatening to destroy the entire human race
> Actually kill 99.9% of humans
> Gepelnitch threatens to destroy all life in the universe
> Almost succeeds at the end and has all life in the universe being sucked dry of it's spiritia until Basara manages to resist
> Grace wanted to take over all life in the galaxy using the Vajra network
> Almost succeeds, Vajra don't even care and just want to protect Ranka
> Winderemere wants to take over the galaxy and displace humans as apex species

What power creep? If anything it peaked in 7 with Gepelnitch and Delta is playing par for the course with a lower threat level than the Protodeviln and equal to Grace. It started with the genocide of man though, so it's barely even power creep considering they did most of the job.
>>
>>14479667
Not so much as hating the sound as having war flashbacks to the galaxy clusterfuck and deciding to fold bomb the whole cluster
>>
>>14480187
Thing is that all Keith did was take out the Fold Jamming. The Var did the rest. That's the only reason they can mount this offensive is because they have Heinz.
>>
>>14480208
Except for all their planning to conquer the galaxy the windermere dudes are pretty far down on the power level shart in the franchise, the Zentradi when they first appeared were a unstoppable force of nature, the protodeviln could drain a whole planet and could drain the life of the whole universe if left alone and the Vajra could attack any colony anywhere if their Queen ordered them to and there is nothing anyone could do because the MDE was something only Galaxy made and didn't share with the rest of the NUNs

Windfags are a threat just because they found a Protoculture artifact but the way they work is slow as all fuck
>>
>>14480230
>the only reason they can mount this offensive is because they have Heinz.
More like plot demanding them to be a "threat" and NUN to be incompetent
>NUN has enough numbers to attack from multiple fronts
>NUN has Fold Jamming to counter the Vald
>NUN could attack in waves since Heinz can't do it multiple times a day or he dies

>>14480243
>Windfags are a threat just because they found a Protoculture artifact
They also ironically depend of humans to make those artifacts functional
>>
>>14479736
>Strong reason to commit an intergalactic war crime.

Suuuuure.
>>
>>14480251
Realistically every series' conflict could be solved if NUN sent backup in every series. I mean, it's not like the Frontier ever got any real backup and the villains almost actually won in that one. They also didn't become a galaxy-wide threat until literally this episode, so I would expect them to start stepping up their defensive once the galaxy mind-control is unleashed
>NUN could attack in waves since Heinz can't do it multiple times a day or he dies
Do they know that though?

>They also ironically depend of humans to make those artifacts functional
I don't think they hate humans as a whole as much as they hate the NUNG
>>
>>14480251
NUNS has always been somewhat incompetent.

Besides, this shit is happening so far out in the galaxy.
>>
>>14480251

I think that's going to be a big part of the plot going forward. What Keith destroyed this episode was a scout fleet testing the effectiveness of the fold jammer tech. This was to probe Windemere's defenses and see what happened.

Now that they know more, NUN can amount an offensive just like what you described, presumably with many more fold jammers per fleet. They learned what they needed to learn to mount the larger attack.

Xaos has the best track record against the Var and Keith right now, so they will get sent in as the spearhead to occupy the Knights while the NUN forces push into the cluster.
>>
>>14480251

And with the Starwind Sector established, Windermere has enough troops to defend along multiple fronts. And any attack along multiple fronts would be just as likely to give Windermere more brainwashed troops and make them stronger as to succeed.

Which is new tech as far as we know, hence why they were wondering if it was even working this episode. It's almost certainly not widespread or mass produced yet because of it.

Chaos knew that, NUNs may not. Even if they do, they still have Var victims they can line up in front of them and sacrifice as need be if they want.
>>
>>14480281
>And with the Starwind Sector established, Windermere has enough troops to defend along multiple fronts.
Oh yeah, I forgot, they can mobilize the Var'd armies of the planets they control too. That's gonna be fun in future episodes
>>
>>14480264
>they hate the NUNG
Funnily, the decentralised state of NUNS/NUG in general meant that their anger towards NUNS/NUG is kind of misplaced. Its the guys that were in charge there that did it(Most probably the 4 shady guys and/or Epsilon), not the guys everywhere else who is busy with their own things.

Either Roid doesn't know how the NUNS/NUG's decentralised system works, or he's just using it as an excuse to invade the galaxy. Most probably the latter.
>>
>>14480264

I doubt they hate humans given that that Middle Eastern guy appears to be human and Roid doesn't seem to care.
>>
>>14480285
Considering how much the Winderemerean people don't know(the real purpose for the apples, what the knights are doing, etc), I'd say a lot of shit falls on Roid.

With the line about Keith willing to follow Roid as long as he is following the winds of Winderemere, I'm pretty sure they are setting up for Keith to defect at one point after Roid goes too overboard.
>>
>>14480287
Right, that's what I'm saying
>>
>>14480297
>Considering how much the Winderemerean people don't know
They literally live in the dark ages with technology they got from humans, most of them may be illiterate.
>>
>>14480297
Alternatively, with the possibility that part of the population might not like the idea for more war, a rebellion by the people might happen.
>>
>>14480200
>Sharon was destroyed by a single person
Four.
Gould took care of Ghost, Neumann did all the thinking, Myung's Voices woke up Isamu so he could, yes, go against Macross and destroy it's computing block together with Sharon's shell.
If anything, Alto was better at this, with only two singers as a backup in movies.
>>
>>14480251
Aren't they angry with just the NUNG for trying to rule them when they didn't ask for a new ruler? I don't think they have problems with the humans so much as with the NUNG
>>
>>14480370
They are angry because muh nuked soil and muh using nukes on planets.
>>
Thinking about it again I just realised that while Windermere needs Heinz to conquer the galaxy, they probably don't really need a Wind Singer after that, because Var victims stay controlled once he stops singing. I think that's what the apples and water combo is for, to keep its effect active after he stops. Hence why they're still giving it out to conquered territories. And why that Cat guy was still under its influence despite Heinz not being actively singing. So as long as they conquer the Galaxy in his life they can keep it once he's dead by keeping the diet going.
>>
>>14480392
The problem is that its easy to avoid that though.

In a hypothetical situation where they managed to take over, all Chaos has to do to keep the last hope for all resistance is to simply broadcast a message for everyone to avoid Winderemerean apples(Or just avoid apples in general if they can't recognize one).

So as long that everyone has food, they can avoid the mindcontrol.

Only way for Winderemere to avoid this is to purposely starve the people, which only serves to make the people angry. Or they destroy the other food supplies, which also indirectly causes mass starvation.
>>
>>14480422

If you're living in a conquered territory and the choice is either mind control food or starvation, most people will choose mind control. Sure, you could just hunt or grow your own, but most people can't or won't. And there'll be enough that it won't matter some didn't eat them. You can't be angry if you're mind controlled.
>>
I don't really understand how the mind-control works.

Like, when it's broadcast soldiers and civilians alike freak out and Var up, but then when they visited some of that conquered planet the civilians seem to be fine and only the soldiers were enthralled still. It wasn't being actively broadcast at that point, so what's the mechanism that keeps certain targets controlled?
>>
>>14480463
The problem here, imo, is the logistics required to ensure that the mindcontrol is working.

They will need to start growing the apples elsewhere quick, or else, once their reserve of those apples run out and they are getting way more planets(and people) to deal with, they'll have trouble making sure there are enough apples for each planet to mindcontrol the population pretty quickly.
>>
Who do you think he's talking about?
>>
>>14480526

They now have the industrial base to do it though. And time is on their side so long as Heinz doesn't die suddenly.
>>
>>14477235
Drone VF-1J from Plus
http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/vf-1j-plus.htm

unmanned vf-11 also from plus
http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/vf-11-unmanned.htm
>>
>>14480528
Missing daddy. Or it's a red herring, as usual.
>>
>>14480534
Growing trees take time though.
>>
>>14480528
Perhaps, Messer?

The maneuver Keith pulled to avoid the missiles was exactly the same as the one Messer pulled in episode one.
>>
>>14480541

Plus is also the show responsible for dummying them down.

>>14480545

You can graft them in a few years at worst.
>>
>>14480541
VF-1 is literally practice target and while VF-11 seems to be equipped with more than rudimentary routines they are still inherently inefficient designs in a universe where Ghost drones exist. Sure, retrofitting old mothballed airframes might be cheaper solution, who knows but those airframes are obsolete by the 7/+.
Maybe budgetNighmare might be a decent in numbers enough to saturate defenses but if NUNS can spare that much resources, using Ghosts really does seem overall better solution.
>>14480546
This episode was doing it's best to point out involvement of Hayate's dad in past conflict. Last week he also mentioned that his father visited planets which descriptions matched Windermere, Ragna and that cat heaven.
Real question is - what about pretty boy's mother?
Also, Mirage has doctor as a parent as well. Common ground?
>>14480558
But you need a sample to have something to be graftable. And it isn't exactly foolproof process.
>>
>>14480569

They have lots of samples already, why would that be a problem?
>>
>>14480301

Considering their short lifespans, I doubt there is anyone alive from the generation who made first contact.
>>
>>14480522
I am assuming once you are Var'd by Heinz's song, the Knights/Heinz decide whether to release the hold on you or keep you under control
>>
>>14480583
If they hack trees they already own, immediate production will suffer. If they only take small amounts of samples, impact of grafting won't be noticeable for long period of time. Either way, you can't increase volume of available apples in short period of time this way, as at least, theoretically, one season is needed to bring this plan to it's fruition. In real life even more time is needed and transplanted trees need to be taken care of in initial period. And I remember dimly something about diseases as well. Dammit anon, I am economist by trade, not a apple farmer!
Why not cloning? Technology is known, matured and windermere do not care about earthlings laws or taboos?
>>
>>14480569
Perhaps Hayate's dad was actually a war hero or ace in the past but ended up a traitor or rogue due to the MDE incident?

And is it possible that hayate and mirage are somehow related in a way? Could be a relative, or hayate's mom happen to be acquiantaces with Mirage's parents?
>>
So when will Roid kidnap Freya or Mikumo to use them as windsingers? Once Heinz croaks for the last time?

I mean, he seems to fixated on them to not do anything about it.
>>
>>14480603
It could also be possible that the flying moves that were hinted by the semi-dead guy are from Hayate's dad.

Perhaps he is similar to Earnest, also being some kind of military flight instructor?
>>
>>14480546
Man, they would have been great friends had this war not happened, damn
>>
>>14480612
I'd imagine he is targetting Mikumo.

Though it'll probably backfire badly on him if he takes Mikumo.
>Mikumo goes along with what he says at first
>She then hijacks the system and blast Walkure songs throughout the galaxy
>>
When is Heinz going to wear an idol outfit a la walkure?
>>
File: 1466950593977.jpg (81 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1466950593977.jpg
81 KB, 1200x675
>>14480622
They would have been great buddies.
>>
>>14480623
They'll get Mirage by accident when she's wearing an idol outfit.
>>
>>14480623
i through he would go with Freya since his whole pro-windermere nationalism. Otherwise it will be kinda silly.
>Humans had the whole birdman to make sure they wont go to space if they aren't ready
>Humans know their way around protoculture ruins better than other races
>Mikuno if she is related to the protoculture, looks more human that other race
>Windermere going "WE WUZ PROTOCULTURE AND WIIIIND!"
>>
>>14480603

> A NUN plane (presumably flown by Hayate's dad) dropped a dimension eater on Windemere
> but it dropped it onto the NUN base at Carlisle, forcing the NUN to fall back from the surface of the planet

Guys, I think Hayate's dad was the first ever victim of Var syndrome/Windemeren mind control. He was sent to bomb the ruins and went he got too close he Var'd out and bombed his own dudes instead.

That's how Windmere figured out that the Var could be used as mind control, thats why the NUN guys HATE Hayate's dad (because no one would have believed him or recognized the symptoms of Var influence until way later) and it also explains the massive clusterfuck about why the exact circumstances about who dropped the bomb and why is such a mess.
>>
>>14480668

That's a pretty good call.
>>
Will the Delta Platoon get a win soon?
>>
>>14479685
no shit sherlock, this has been a thing since like episode 4 or 5
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.