[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the ADV dub of Macross any good? I guess I'm talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Is the ADV dub of Macross any good? I guess I'm talking about Minmei's performance, since I've seen clips of Hikaru's squad and they're awful.
>>
>>14476261
>Is the ADV dub of Macross any good?
Yes
> since I've seen clips of Hikaru's squad and they're awful.
He remind me of Ed from FMA
>>
Minmay so horny, she love Hikaru long time.
>>
>>14476263
Because it is fucking Vic Mangina, you twat.

>>14476261
It is terrible. The director had Mari Iijima dial up her accent to 11 and we ended up with "Me rove you rong time, Hikalu."
>>
>>14476263
>He remind me of Ed from FMA
Same VA, but his preformance was basically Junpei from P3.
>>
>>14476286
Wait, she did a bad accent on purpose? Don't teenagers drop accents faster? I could see her parents with bad accents but not Minmei.
>>
>Roy is Kamina
Well it fits.
>>
>>14476356

He was the guy who was going to be Kamina, until ADV lost the GL license.

He also played Gai in Nadesico and lamented him playing dead mentors.

I don't think they told him about Kamina because they were having fun messing with him.
>>
>>14476297

I think that was just a consequence of her trying to sound like a teenager speaking a langauge that isn't her main one.

It was acceptable because Minmay's an asian girl anyway, but I wouldn't let her do anything else in English.
>>
>>14476463
What about Hikaru and Kakizaki, then?
>>
>>14476261
>ADV dub of Macross any good
No. Even the Robotech dub is better.
>>
>>14476261
It's kinda bad. As mentioned she really ping pows the ching chows up to 11.
So you have a middle-aged Japanese woman who speaks decent English imitating a teenage Chinese girl who speaks bad English.
>>
Itz vely bad. Minmay sprleaks rlike middrl age woman who lrearln engrlish from Korleans.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.