[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the standard height for mechas? Xenoblade X's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Xenoblade-x-cover-2[1].jpg (86 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade-x-cover-2[1].jpg
86 KB, 640x353
What's the standard height for mechas? Xenoblade X's skells are very small when compared to the average, standing a little over 7 meters, comparable to the size of a 2 story home.
>>
>>14476216
I'd say there are standard categories rather than one size fits all.

VOTOMS, Xenoblade X, Escaflowne, Heavy Gear, etc. fit into the small category or around 8 meters.

17-23 is the size of the standard stuff like Gundams and family.

After that you have the huge ones which have no real height similarities outside being above those 23 meters. Evangelion (80m), TTGL (...), Jaegers (80m), Gunbuster (200m), Getter-1 (40m),...
>>
>>14476267
Funnily enough the base Gurren Lagann is actually really small.
>>
>>14476282
15-ish meters is nothing to snooze at but it makes sense.
Even on the low-end of the mecha size, it is still within the standard (most commonly used) mecha size and so is shown like that for the majority of the show.
>>
>>14476311
Wait what? I thought GL was 6 meters tall.
>>
>>14476322
Anywhere I looked said 15 and it make sense, there's no way it is just 6 considering how it towered all over that valley when fighting Viral.
>>
>>14476335
The mecha size comparison video says that an official size hasn't been stated.

>there's no way it is just 6 considering how it towered all over that valley when fighting Viral.
Yes, because Gainax has never before exaggerated proportions to look more dynamic and impressive.
>>
Is Bumblebee the smallest mecha?
>>
File: Lagann.jpg (20 KB, 415x189) Image search: [Google]
Lagann.jpg
20 KB, 415x189
>>14476362
The Lagann head by itself has to be around 2 meters at least though, if the GL were just around 6 meters short its proportions wouldn't match basically any of its art. It'd basically look like an SD mecha.
>>
File: Gurren_Lagann.png (735 KB, 767x1367) Image search: [Google]
Gurren_Lagann.png
735 KB, 767x1367
>>14476407
Assuming that Lagann is about 2m, then according to this line-art GL would be about 23m.
>>
>>14476434
If you assume the whole thing is 15 meters, then the head will be about 1,7 meters tall and thus pretty much in order with how it's depicted on the show (about the size of the adults).
>>
>>14476311
Isn't GL smaller than Mazinger?
>>
>>14476905
Mazinger Z is 18 meters so yes if we're going with the 15 meter number.
>>
>>14476216
18m. It's the size of both Mazinger Z and the Gundam.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.