[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My god he's so annoying.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20
My god he's so annoying.
>>
Why are her boobs so big?
>>
>>14475635

Family heirloom
>>
These sameface designs creep me the fuck out.
>>
>>14475651
Is that where she got the money for A-Laws?
>>
He is supposed to be annoying. 00 condensed all the "how war affects civilians" aspects of Gundam into a single sheltered faggot. Now you get to see his world come tumbling down.
>>
File: 1264635576922.jpg (64 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
1264635576922.jpg
64 KB, 487x720
>>14475603
His girlfriend is worse

She killed best girl
>>
File: 31.jpg (133 KB, 777x805) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
133 KB, 777x805
There needs to be more S1 Louise fanart. She was so cute then.
>>
>>14475603
You think he's bad, wait until season 2 when (H)Allelujah turns into a yakback yelling "MURRAY!" every episode.
>>14475710
>Wedding Crashers
>not replacing Owen with Kira Yamato
>>
>>14475769
>in the first episode of s2 she's a soldier who has to take crazy pills to hold herself together
I've only seen the one episode so far, but I can already see her and Saji killing each other by accident.
>>
>>14475777
00 S2 was a mistake

So many characters from the first series were just kept hanging around not actually doing anything or adding to the plot... before being suddenly killed off in a stupid pointless fashion.
Ali should not have survived S1.

Also "MISTAH BUSHIDO" should not have been a thing, one of the worst most forced attempts at adding a 'masked rival' character just because its a Gundam series.
He also suffered from that same issue I mentioned beforehand in that his nonsensical actions added nothing to the plot.
>>
>>14475769
Her hair does grow back in the movie.
>>
File: setsuna tripping balls.gif (643 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
setsuna tripping balls.gif
643 KB, 300x200
>>14475691
This. Except what makes him tolerable is that he's NOT the main character.
>>
>>14475803
I've grown to like 00 S2 over time as much as the first season actually, but for different reasons. Sure, there were some pointless characters but they were drawn consistently for the most part and their motivations made sense in the context of the shit that went down in S1.

Also, Graham does go back to being badass in the movie, and a more mature leader from his experiences in the series.
>>
>>14475803
I'm up to Episode 21. I can't remember Bushido doing anything, except for that one time he blocked Setsuna from getting somewhere, activated Trans Am, then fought for 15 seconds before leaving.
>>
>>14475769
S1 Louise was a super cutie.
>>
>>14475635
It's Gundam 00, everyone's boobs are large.
>>
>>14476819
Except Soma's.
>>
>>14476819
Kati's not.
>>
File: Kati.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kati.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>14476829

she doesn't need big breasts she has glasses moe
>>
>>14476829
Hers are of a more reasonable size, I think. Not quite Ibis Douglas tier, but above that.
>>
>>14476819
Gundam DD
>>
>>14477957
Nice one anon
>>
>>14477957
Fund it.
>>
File: 345457876.jpg (85 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
345457876.jpg
85 KB, 800x600
>>14477967
The nips literally called it that themselves since the start of the first season.

>>14475848
>I've grown to like 00 S2 over time as much as the first season actually, but for different reasons.
My nigga.
>>
>>14475803
S1 had some pretty pointless characters

I guess the thing was we were hoping S2 would do something with them
>>
>>14478024
Some of its exaggerated though. I mean Nina only survived into season two for Louise to get her revenge, that was the whole set up and the irony about the relativitism with the theme of revenge being a perspective thing.

Wong definitely suffered being a background character much of season two which is a shame, and Ali not getting more kills besides ending Regene was a pity. Though other shit like /m/ losing its collective shit over Lasse not becoming a Meister was dumb.

Also the uniforms bothered me. But season 2 still had stuff I liked a lot. Solid Gundamu, breaking Battery kun out of prison by smashing a Gundam's face into the building complex's walls, the whole "Gundamu/Veda" scene, animation and production values being top notched.

It wasn't as good as season 1 but it was fucking enjoyable. But which characters were pointless in season 1?
>>
>>14478077
Lichty was kind of a "ya blew it" addition to the cast for me.

>let's reveal late in S1 that he was mostly prosthetics the entire time
>but then kill him and Chris before bothering to explore what it's like to have a robot boyfriend
>>
>>14478257
>Robot
You mean cyborg and he was fine, I thought that was just a neat twist rather then something needed to shove to the forefront of his character right at the start of the series.

Their deaths are still sad though.
>>
>>14475603
HE`s annoying? Really? When there`s that blond whiny bitch right next to him? You must be joking.
>>
Reminder that Nina a shit
>>
The show itself is annoying, dont bother watchin it
>>
>>14478751
Great b8 m8
>>
>>14475603
>>14475769
>>14476026
>She went from moe genki tsundere girl to drug enhanced soldier to a mindbroken woman who recovers and becomes apart of the next evolution of humanity
Only in gundam
>>
>>14475678
He got better in S2
>>
He's meant to be the foil to Setsuna's autistic Gundamness and slowly humanize him in S2, and I think he did quite well there. I admit LOUISUUU does get annoying real fast.
>>
>>14475603
I wish Bright would correct him
>>
>>14475678
>complaining about 00 of all Gundam shows having "sameface"
Not sure if retarded or troll or both.
>>
>>14475603
He got a whole sandnigger city vaporized, he can't be that bad.
>>
>>14475603
I'm 80% sure that Saji was originally supposed to either disappear in 00S2 or have a bigger role in 00S2.
>>
>>14478758
The show is annoying. Pacifism has rarely been more annoying in Gundam
>>
>>14479275
He got his shit slapped by Tieria so close enough.
>>
>>14479387
>Gundam 00
>Pacifism
>>
>>14478751
This. It's a mix of the worst parts of Wing and IBO combined in one.
>>
File: GN-0000+GNR-010_back.jpg (272 KB, 719x700) Image search: [Google]
GN-0000+GNR-010_back.jpg
272 KB, 719x700
This fucking plane irks me to no fucking end. After all these years I still mad.

I get it they need all the extra stuff it's carrying and the second pilot, but can't the cockpit fold in or something to make it stick out less? Not just superglue a space fighter to it's back wholesale.

I realized how bad it looks after getting the model kit. Although even in the kit it made more sense since I could use the nose as a third leg since the whole thing kept falling on it's back.
>>
>>14479401

Are you retarded? 00's first season in particular is amazing because it does everything Wing wanted to do in half the time and better.

It actually manages to build a credible AU world with different factions all with their own politics and Gundam Meisters trying to shut that broken system down, while at the same time actually having shit happen unlike IBO.
>>
>>14475803
>Also "MISTAH BUSHIDO" should not have been a thing, one of the worst most forced attempts at adding a 'masked rival' character just because its a Gundam series.
>He also suffered from that same issue I mentioned beforehand in that his nonsensical actions added nothing to the plot.

You know, despite him being the only Graham to actually beat Setsuna in a fight.

And for all of 00S2's issues, going after one of the things that actually got a fairly solid explanation really isn't something I understood - then again, I somewhat doubt most of /m/ watched 00S2.

>>14479457
It's not made to look good when drawn, it's made to look good in animation.
>>
>>14479725

Look, I enjoyed 00 a lot, but S2 was definitely much worse than the first. I've heard all the excuses, about how Graham was always meant to be pathetic, how the plot progression makes sense, but in the end it was a worse show.

The A-Laws were just a less competent and less memorable Titans.

Too much screentime was wasted on meaningless characters like Wang Liu Mei and Marina.

The Anew/Lyle romance was horrifically forced, like the worst Tomino Newtype romances.

You could tell they literally just had nothing to do with some characters like Nena and Wang, and others like Ali were underutilized, so they were slain unceremoniously.

Mr. Bushido was silly as fuck, not because of Graham being turned into some kind of absurd samurai pastiche, but because it was totally absurd.

And then there was Andrei Smirnov.
>>
>>14479746
>Look, I enjoyed 00 a lot, but S2 was definitely much worse than the first.

That doesn't make it bad. And going after things like Mr. Bushido and an MS design that looks fine when it's actually animated is picking a poor fight when most of its more notable issues are around.
>>
>>14479752
> doesn't make it bad

It was certainly not good.
>>
>>14479387
Literally retarded.

>>14479401
Bullshit. IBO literally has NOTHING happening 2/3rds of the show and all of what happens before major events go down being pointless and not particularly relevant.

As for Wing, its simply better in every way.
>>
>>14479746
>A-Laws were just a less competent and less memorable Titans.
Not really.
>Too much screentime was wasted on meaningless characters like Wang
Fair point, they didn't know what do with her in season two.
>Marina
Not really. Poverty Princess was always integral to Setsuna's development and character and their interactions were always going to be extremely important, so no on that front.
>The Anew/Lyle romance was horribly forced
Not really but it was pretty cliche so I'll give you somewhat of a point on that.
>like the worst Tomino Newtype romances
Nothing close to that, please don't use hyperbole here.
>You could telly they literally just had nothing to do with some characters like Nena
Already explained this point earlier: she only survived into season two because her character needed to suffer more and to be the object and outlet for Louise's character development in turn.
>Ali was underutilized
That's true enough but at least its justified with Ali that Ribbons was scared of Ali's skill as MS pilot to the point that he wouldn't let him use or have the Trans-AM system which would've been a massive game changer.
>Mr. Bushido was silly as fuck
That's why a lot of people like him.
>not because of Graham being turned into some kind of absurd samurai pastiche
He was already well on his way to being one in season 1 anyways.
>because it was totally absurd
But it wasn't. He was just a crazy guy and season two just puts a mask on him, that's the only difference. Even the GN Flag in season 1 was already starting to resemble a fucking samurai themed MS and Graham's more frequent rants about Asura and talk of fate.
>And then there was Andrei Smirnov.
A character intended to be hated purposely?
>>
>>14480443
As much as I disliked Andrei, I cannot deny that I felt bad for him. Especially near the end of the show when he finally experiences understanding and realizes where he went wrong.
>>
>>14479368
Couldn't get Setsuna killed.
>>
>>14479372
It does seem that way, or he was supposed to be a reference to Katz.
>>
My sole problem with S2 was fatman and grayhair being mustache twirling villains with little depth and remorse.
>>
>>14479401
The worst of 00 is infinitely better then anything in IBO.

>>14480745
I felt bad for him because it was understandable that he blamed Sergei for everything with his mom I just wish he wasn't so forcibly unlikable to make him as a semi antagonistic character in the whole Soma/Sergei/Hal drama. Still didn't he redeem himself in the movie?
>>
>>14479746
But seriously what the fuck did Wang want
>>
>>14480941
To "be" Ribbons (but failing at it).
>>
>>14480807
Yeah, he went out like a badass.
>>
>>14480941
She hated the world and wanted change of any kind, she didn't care who would change it or how.
At the same time she wanted to keep her seat of wealth and power, observing the chaos from a distance.

While tragic, she was incredibly spoiled, arrogant, and petty. Which as what led to her death.
>>
>>14480941
She wanted to switch sides with the Innovades but Ribbons saw through her and thought she might be acting as a double agent for Celestial Being, so he discarded her and kept her at the sidelines so she wasn't a danger to his plans.

It both made and didn't make any sense given what she accomplished in season 1 being the main providers and backer of CB along side Halvey.
>>
>>14480990
Instead of asking Setsuna for protection, she decided to run and give Nena an easy kill. She got exactly what she deserved.
>>
>>14481104
She wasn't sure who was worse between the Innovades or Celestial Being to be fair, man.
>>
>>14481114
Well sure, but the Innovades had already condemned her to death by letting Nena hunt her there. I don't believe Celestial Being was ever aware of her backstabbing nature, so she should've stuck with the guy that would've protected her from the last surviving Trinity, even if only temporarily. But she didn't, and instead died just as she lived.
>>
>>14475603
Isn't he supposed to act as a link between the fiction world and ours?
Well, before 00 S2 anyways.
>>
>>14478257
I do wish they fleshed (hah!) Lichty out more.

I never thougtht he was a "cyborg," just a guy who got fucked up and lost limbs and used prosthetics in lieu of cellular regeneration techniques.

Could have been the Daryl Lorenz of 00.
>>
>>14479457
I agree, but I'll take it one step further. I cannot stand the legs. Something with that wide of a shoulder stance needs either medium large shins/feet ala GP-01 Fb or flat out megaman style legs ala Sazabi/GP-02.

Just my opinion; those weak ankles are shit..
>>
>>14481192

It's not meant to be standing.
>>
>>14481195
True, there's no need for proper standing in space- just pointing out the aesthetics.
>>
>>14481203

I'm not a big fan of the 00 Raiser either, but it's basically a suit meant for being in constant motion in space. The legs are just for show.

This type of suit done right would be the Kimaris from IBO. One of the few things IBO got right...
>>
File: 00_lineart.jpg (97 KB, 517x998) Image search: [Google]
00_lineart.jpg
97 KB, 517x998
00 is sexy.
>>
>>14475603
Yeah he's boring as she hell Louise on her vengence bender is more interesting.

The only characters more boring than him are Princess Do Nothing and Al/Hal on his MAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Bender.
>>
>>14480807
Being better than a steaming pile of shit doesn't make it good either.
>>
File: 1465098524177.png (645 KB, 447x600) Image search: [Google]
1465098524177.png
645 KB, 447x600
>>14480443
>>A-Laws were just a less competent and less memorable Titans.
>Not really.
They accomplished less with less competition and lacked any characters with reason or motivations. It didn't even have any proper structure and it was begun in response to something far less severe than the One Year War. Billy was a literal mad scientist who sperged out way too much just because Sumeragi was a member of Celestial Being. Andrei's personality was flat and most of his development was pushed to the end. Sumeragi's rival had almost no character. I can't remember anyone else. The free licenses or whatever made no sense from a military perspective and only served to permit more contrivance. A-Laws were among the biggest problems with 00S2.

For comparison, the Titans were composed exclusively of Earthnoids who were handpicked for their ability to adapt to space, and despite having clearly morally bankrupt characters like Bask Om and Jamaican, there was still Jerid, who had a healthy amount of focus and impact as well as a personality, both in his royal butthurt and his goals and morals. Even Yazan, who despite having a vile personality, refused to endanger bystanders. Scirocco was an outside element and consequently was among the only people to actually understand the conflict between Earthnoids and Spacenoids regardless of his egotism and manipulative nature. Even cucks like Sarah and Reccoa had actual interaction with the rest of the cast to make their part matter.

>Not really but it was pretty cliche so I'll give you somewhat of a point on that.
They never interact, exchange 3 lines and have sex out of nowhere in the next scene they share.
>Nothing close to that, please don't use hyperbole here.
Even Newtype romances at least had a psuedoscience handwave and were explicitly stated to be different from actual love.
Aside from this stuff, I have problems with the genericness of Ribbons, the Innovades, and his jobber army, the awful action directing, etc. No space.
>>
>>14482286
>Katia had almost no character.
Into the trash this post goes.
>>
>>14482300

I know you are some waifunig so you think she was a good character because she was attractive, but her personality actually was extremely flat. Almost nonexistent.
>>
>>14482286
1, The A-Laws were introduced in the second half of a show with only 25 episodes vs 50 for Zeta, already an unfair comparison.
2.That's not true. Just like how the Titans were outside the normal chain of command when it came to regular Federation forces, it was the same deal to the letter with the A-Laws and the regular ESF forces.
3.You're grasping hard here trying to make something out of nothing. Celestial Being for all intents and purposes showed up five years earlier making arbitrary demands of all the world's power blocks, unilaterally committing acts of terrorism and engaging in arbitrary military missions with a level of unheard and unseen technological capacity which none of the three can compete with individually, upsetting every single balance on the planet politically and militarily speaking. Its a fair bet in the aftermath the UN coalescing the three power blocs into a singular governmental body that they would want their own elite military force.
4.Almost every single Gundam side character suffers this, why does Andrei get special focus for this? He was a plot driven character brought into the story to serve as foil to Soma/Marie's relationship with Sergei and further elaborate on Sergei's past. He did his job as a literary device and the awkward relationship with Soma actually worked int his favor with his frustrated personality; he was in a sense a proper expy to Jerid done right.
5. Its just a poetic way for Graham/Bushido to do what he wants since he was an elite among elites within the A-Laws, your gripping on this is kind of dumb to be honest. The other crap about Earthnoids is more subjective stuff, there are no colonies yet until the 00 movie shows them starting development so that's really nonsensical to bring up.

Again though I don't really care enough about the Sumeragi/Billy thing or the crap about Anew with Lyle romance, it was just again a cliche forced thing but certainly not as bullshit as what others have done.
>>
>>14482310
Keep making those strawmans, anon.
>>
>>14482348

I can't strawman your argument because you didn't even provide one.
>>
>>14482352
You accused me of being a waifufag, made a claim that I am waifufag for Katia, then on top of all that bullshit you accused me of saying something I never said about her character.

Are you retarded?
>>
I'm not sure the A-Laws can really be compared with Titans can they?
Didn't the Titans have a separate corrupt leader from the Feds?
A-Laws and the normal army as well as the entire government were all taking direction from Ribbons, and there was no other governments or unions either. The only reason why we didn't see the normal government create crimes is because individuals like Smirnov who have a basic sense of right and wrong were controlling at a local level far below Ribbon's influence or Ribbons to even give a damn about them.
>>
>>14482356

A strawman argument is when you misrepresent your opponent's argument to make it easier to argue against. You provided NO argument. You responded to that post, which isn't even mine, with "into the bin it goes."

You are acting like you wrote some awesome rebuttal. You didn't, you basically shitposted. So I'm responding to your shitty post in kind. You don't get to be indignant and accuse me of using a strawman, because 1) you don't know what a strawman is, and 2) your post was garbage, and you get back what you put in.

>>14482340

1) A-Laws was very clearly meant to be a similar organization to the Titans in role, both in universe and in narrative. And they were shit. Episode count doesn't matter. As was said before, they had less competition than the Titans did as well.

2) There is a difference between how the Titans had different jurisdiction and more authority there(kind of like FBI vs. regular cops) and how A-Laws just had certificates that let their operatives do whatever.

3) The formation of A-Laws made sense from a narrative standpoint, but A-Laws was structured like shit, staffed by incompetents and mustache-twirling villains, and brought down the story because they were so lacking in credibility.

4) Because Andrei was really fucking shit and also unnecessary. He was like the Poochy of 00S2. They even killed him off in the movie and everyone cheered.

5) Graham was always unhinged and ridiculous, but he was believably so. Mr. Bushido took it to the extreme and turned him into a cartoon character, throwing out all nuance and restraint. This was a general problem with 00S2. 00S1 wasn't subtle, but 00S2 was insultingly unsubtle.
>>
>>14482397
>You basically shitposted.
That's not a shitpost. That's the worst attempt at deflection I've seen, not everything is a debate but jesus christ immediately trying to poison the well by insisting someone is a waifufag for rejecting something as a one liner in the first place over a fictional character is the epitome of pathetic.
>>
>>14482340
>already an unfair comparison
The time they got was beside the point. Enemies didn't interact in a way that wasn't shooting each other, meaning much of the cast didn't show the other sides of themselves. They never even reacted to the actions of their superior officers such as the construction of the discount Colony Laser.

>it was the same deal to the letter with the A-Laws and the regular ESF forces
Yes, it was. First and foremost, however, they didn't have a reasonable objective to present to the public like the Titans did. Secondly, the free licenses were seperate from the A-Laws and just got to follow them around and fight whenever they wanted.

>You're grasping hard here trying to make something out of nothing.
Did Celestial Being wipe out half of the entire population? Did they cause any mass destruction? After their disappearance, was there any threat of 10 people making Super Gundams to revive the movement? Did they have a sizeable public following?

>Its a fair bet in the aftermath the UN coalescing the three power blocs into a singular governmental body that they would want their own elite military force.
It's not a fair bet the world would transform into a hyper-anti-terrorist near Orwellian military state.

>why does Andrei get special focus for this
He got brought up.
>he was in a sense a proper expy to Jerid done right
That's like saying Haman was a good Gihren expy.

>Its just a poetic way for Graham/Bushido to do what he wants
He wasn't the only one with a license. The Innovades all had them as well, and they weren't jokes like Aker. In a series built largely on analogy, the only way this was possible to implement to this level was through a retarded conspiracy theory.

>The other crap about Earthnoids is more subjective stuff, there are no colonies yet until the 00 movie shows them starting development so that's really nonsensical to bring up.
That's the point. The Titans had a "reason" to exist. The A-Laws didn't.
>>
>>14482415

Look at your post, shithead. You poisoned the well because you responded to a lengthy and well thought out post by zeroing in on him thinking Kati was a flat character and going "INTO THE BIN." That was your whole post, a fucking meme throwing it all out.

And then you accuse me of strawmanning, which you're wrong about because you don't know what strawmanning is, and now you're bullshitting I "poisoned the well?" No, motherfucker, you poisoned the well. Now get fucked, I'm not responding to you any further because you're delusional.
>>
>>14482397
1. Of course they were, but you are utterly wrong since they were doing their job while pushing around the remnants of Celestial Being for the four years since they were formed until the start of season two after the timeskip. And again there was Katharon and CB trying to run interference so no, they had resistance from the get go.
2. No there isn't. The average A-Law operative or soldier did not have a special military license, only people like Mr. Bushido and Louise did, and the latter was literally constantly critiqued and commented on by people like Andrei, Zinn, and others for being a rookie due to Ribbon's influence putting her in such a special position. A-Laws were simply an elite military unit that stood above the regular ESF, that simple.
3. It wasn't structured like shit, nor was it "staffed" by incompetents. We had Bushido aka Graham, Billy, Katia, and others who made up for others but you can make the literal same case with the Titans so you are grasping hard here, especially on the "mustache-twirling" shtick. Zinn in particular was a tragic figure because of the circumstances with his wife's death and CB's involvement in it, but of course you ignored that.
4. That's literally your opinion, he did everything he was meant to do without detracting from anything in the story; his death was literally to achieve the final bout of redemption to be with his mom and dad and we all know he more then made up for his failings in season 2 with the movie.
5. This is the dumbest thing you've said, honestly. There is no difference between Graham Aker and Mr. Bushido, its the same crazy guy doing the same crazy shit with a mask tacked on, he was always weird. If you have an issue with that, that's really your problem.
>>
>>14482439

1) So what? You realize the Titans were fighting AEUG for years too, right?

2) When did ANYBODY say that everyone in A-Laws can do whatever they want? Those certificates were mentioned, by name. And just because they were called out as being ridiculous doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

3) But it was structured like shit if you have elites getting special licenses that just let them jump over the command structure and do whatever they want.

4) Andrei is pretty much the single most hated character in all of 00, so it's not just my opinion, the majority of people consider him a huge shitter.

5) He was always weird, but as Mr. Bushido he was full blown crazy. Now I don't know about you but when someone starts cosplaying a samurai in real life that's more than just a little weird and clearly a change from their previous behavior.
>>
>>14482428
1.Why should they give a shit about the construction of the Momento Mori, none of the Titans soldiers ever gave a shit about the Gryps colony laser either? Same with Neo Zeon military forces in general not giving two flying fucks about Haman annihilating Dublin with a colony.
2.They were formed to answer directly to the government, not the traditional military, that was their main purpose They were for all intents and special unit that was a hands-on task force that operated outside of any conventional ESF's chain of commands because they did the morally questionable shit the ESF wouldn't. And we are repeatedly told that the A-Laws were created to suppress anti-government forces or dissent period.
3. Did Celestial Being wipe out half the entire population?
Why does Celestial Being have to be like Zeon to justify the existence of the A-Laws? This is the most subjective angle you've spouted here, I've already explained the existence of the A-Laws making sense in the wake of what they did to the world in season 1 and what it took to bring about the formation of the ESF in the first place following in that wake.
4.You should rewatch 00 season 1 then. Terrorism was the main theme there in the first place, friend. And Katharon and CB's remnants were running around the whole time trying to fuck with the Innovade's control, its pretty justifiable they would be paranoid of that shit especially with Veda involved.
5. He got brought up just like in every single other 00 discussion.
6.She was and and more fleshed out then the original one to boot.
7. He wasn't the only one with a license.
Never said he was.
8.Why is that surprising at all? They are all combat type genetically enhanced superhumans, Ribbons entire goal was to have a supremacist elite world-state with the Innovades who are mentally and physically superior to normal humans heading the military and goverment, so why is this an issue for you?
9. I already explained this.
>>
>>14480443

You literally just dismissed his points or said "not really." Is this supposed to be a response?
>>
>>14482472
1. So what indeed, the Titans were actually less effective at dealing with AEUG and Karbala then the A-Laws were initially with Katharon and CB remnants.
2. When ESF regulars brought it up? When Bushido talks about his special license giving him leave to take independent actions even within the ranks of the A-Laws themselves, mate. And that's your personal problem, A-Law elite pilots can do what they want because the government handpicked the best to do what they want on their behalf. Louise being an example of why this is seen as insane.
3. You are repeating yourself ad naseum: explain how it was structured like shit instead of just repeating it was structured like shit. We see A-Laws forces repeatedly requisition and take control of local ESF forces, operate in conjunction with each other and the ESF, its only petty shit that brings them down and that's no different then with Oz or the Titans or Neo Zeon.
4. Nah, Nena exists. Also stop with the appeal to popularity. You don't like him, that's fine but there is no /m/ hive mind that thinks universally on something so niche.
5. That's wrong completely. He was batshit crazy in season 1 and gradually regress into such an obessive state from the start of the first half to the end of it, and the side material directly states that Billy's Japanese crazy uncle indoctrinated Graham into it even more as he was mentally weakened after the final fight. But you are literally still grasping here. The GN Flag looked like a fucking samurai themed MS, delibarately was accepted by Graham since he could only use the GN beam saber, and spouting nonsensical shit about love and war when facing Setsuna.

All they did was throw a mask on him. Its nothing offensive at all.
>>
>>14482530
Good thing he didn't leave his posts as just "not really", dummy.
>>
>>14482559

A-Laws arguably had more power than the Titans did, the CB remnants were like six guys who were all split up and Katharon was a joke.

Actually, fuck it, you argue like shit because all you do is say "it's not a problem because I say so." Congrats, you win, because I can't argue against that.
>>
>>14482472
I never had an issue with Mr. Bushido's appereance or even actions in season two. Like the other anon said, he kind of constantly goes from a mentally sound guy to this Gundam obsessed freak who focuses more and more on the Gundams, especially Setsuna and the Exia. This is really obvious about 2/3rds way into season 1 when you have him spouting shit about surpassing Asura when fighting Michael Trinity. He literally just keeps getting more mentally warped over the Gundams and his samurai worship starts to add to that.
>>
>>14482581
Thanks for the (You) I guess, and the weirdly worded concession.
>>
>>14482512
>Why should they give a shit about the construction of the Momento Mori, none of the Titans soldiers ever gave a shit about the Gryps colony laser either?
It was an example. The Titans' characters did react to their orders beyond shooting shit in general. Members of the A-Laws didn't, but they didn't have much to do anyways, for what it's worth.

>repeatedly told that the A-Laws were created to suppress anti-government forces or dissent period.
ORWELL

>This is the most subjective angle you've spouted here
I don't think you know what subjective means.

>I've already explained the existence of the A-Laws making sense in the wake of what they did to the world in season 1
Failure of political science to the max.
ORWELL
R
W
E
L
L

>Terrorism was the main theme there in the first place, friend
Who gives a fuck? Although I actually forgot about Katharon. That wouldn't warrant the A-Laws, though. Look at the actual UN forces for example, or even NATO to a certain extent. At most they would've got Las Vegas drone strikes.

>fuck with the Innovade's control, its pretty justifiable they would be paranoid of that shit especially with Veda involved
>Guys, Adam Sandler is trying to steal the human race's Earth Energy! We've gotta stop him!

>She was and and more fleshed out then the original one to boot
>Oh man, I'm so hot for Judau right now, let me go cry in my room
That's not accurate as of Zeta, but that's really not what an expy was. She was crazy and manipulative, but she wasn't as literally Hitler as Gihren. It's even a stretch to say she's a Kycilica expy.

>They are all combat type genetically enhanced superhumans
So were the Cyber Newtypes, and Four's commander shot her when she stopped actually obeying orders.

>Ribbons entire goal
>Guys, Adam Sandler is trying to steal the human race's Earth Energy! We've gotta stop him!

>I already explained this.
Your explanation was stupid and debunked.
>>
>>14482634
Zinn and several others did, they didn't seem happy about what they were doing several times but ultimately fell in line but that was the point. Zinn's character was a tragic one like I said earlier since the happenstance with his wife's death and all the shit it puts him through breaks him.
>>
>>14482634
> was stupid and debunked as per my arbitrary bullshit.
Nice try, Goebbels.
>>
>>14482695
No, a terrorist force somehow sabotaging the various military powers of the world in response to conflict, only to be destroyed after sufficiently advanced technology is created would not warrant the world turning into a hyper-anti-terrorist near Orwellian military state. That is retarded. At most, after the destruction of Celestial Being, in the years following, even the futile resistance of Katharon and the whopping two people with half a Gundam and a few guns still working as Celestial Being would lead to moderately heightened surveillance, and a few drone strikes here and there, which isn't that different from what we have now. In a world in which democracies, republics, or even oligarchies are the go-to government systems, The many, many corrupt people would probably seek to appeal to the unharmed masses just like every other demagogue, which generally means freedom. Again, the only way the A-Laws could exist was through the retarded Adam Sandler conspiracy theory, which much like all the insane characters reactions to the events around them, would require a level of hysteria only radicals and literal maniacs could ever reach. And I'm fairly certain both of those are tiny minorities.
>>
>>14482767
>terrorist force sabotaging
Actively engaging one force with another in combat isn't sabotage.
>destruction of Celestial Being
They weren't destroyed, even the ESF and Innovades talk about this repeatedly, they just said they beat CB into the shadows and correctly theorized that CB with Veda and Sumeragi were behind most of the rebellions and uprisings in the timeskip between season 1's end and season 2's start. That doesn't change the harsh reality either way that all three power blocs had to merge together, wipe away the old conventional rules, and make a singular planetary encompassing world government and the A-Laws being a special unit that was tasked with hunting down CB and their allies while ostensibly being an anti-terrorist force.

Not even the same anon you were arguing with earlier but you are seriously projecting what you wanted the show to do in 00's second season with how the A-Laws were used and the Federation's reaction to their actions instead of what logically would or would not suffice in said scenarios.

And both sides, you and him, have veered the argument from a neutral stand point on what season 2 did or didn't do right or wrong to purely subjective material.
>>
>>14482797
This is a semantic argument. I could have said intervening and shattering, it doesn't matter.

>you are seriously projecting what you wanted the show to do in 00's second season with how the A-Laws were used and the Federation's reaction to their actions instead of what logically would or would not suffice in said scenarios
They kidnapped people on vague suspicions and forced them into slave labor for the evulz or whatever and made a space laser to destroy one small radical movement and twenty guys in an asteroid, but no one knows because of the conspiracy theory of Adam Sandler being a racist egotist who can control the world. It's literally retarded. That aside, considering how heavily the series is based in analogy, it fails to even be consistent with what came before. That's addressing what is, not what it should be. Real world examples were used to demonstrate how it fails to be consistent or rational, not to show what should be.

>veered the argument from a neutral stand point
It's been about the same problem of facilitating the A-Laws from the beginning.
>>
>>14482930
There's nothing semantic about it but I honestly can't be assed to keep arguing with you guys on either side of the topic to care anymore here.
>>
>>14482997
>that's not what sabatoging means
>that's not what destruction means
>that's not what semantic means, even though that's what semantic means
>>
>>14483042

That's why it's a waste of time to argue with retards like this guy. He'll just shift shit around endlessly so when you're right you're actually wrong and when he's wrong that's not what he meant and he's not wrong.
>>
>>14483042
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>14483067
You do realize miscommunication is possible, right? That actually makes up a pretty large portion of most arguments. If that's all there is to it, it just means there was no disagreement to begin with. That's why semantic arguments are usually pointless.
>>
>>14483067
You seem unduly pertubed about people viewing things differently from you. Relax buddy, take some zanax and go watch some anime or something.
>>
I hope this isn't the same guy calling Setsuna a shitty Heero and calling Wing "deep", from the other thread.
>>
>Chiwa Saito in a Yandere voice
Dick please calm down. I liked all the girls in 00.
>>
>>14483368
Its not.
>>
>>14480941
I can tell you what I wanted with Wang
>>
>>14476821
Soma's are at least C cups, they aren't small
>>
File: 0_Raiser_Cockbit_Hatch.jpg (27 KB, 202x240) Image search: [Google]
0_Raiser_Cockbit_Hatch.jpg
27 KB, 202x240
>>14479457
Anon that's not even the cockpit, it's a sensor array. The cockpit is in the central part of the 0 Raiser. I mean do you really think Saji is that big?
>>
>>14475803
I've been writing a fanfic about a S2 slight rewrite and fuck, it is very hard to give sense to Graham's actions, alright
>>
File: 1430075936590.jpg (2 MB, 3951x4077) Image search: [Google]
1430075936590.jpg
2 MB, 3951x4077
Was he a good protagonist, /m/?
>>
>>14486449
He's a big guy.
>>
>>14486544
For Lou.
>>
>>14486530
I prefer protagonists with as minimal autism as possible. Setsuna is the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>14486530
The best.
>>
>>14486544
He actually looked quite big in the movie.
>>
>>14486726
That was Black Tieria, anon.
>>
File: 34304236.jpg (225 KB, 532x363) Image search: [Google]
34304236.jpg
225 KB, 532x363
>>14486530
There are people who don't think Gundamu isn't a good protagonist?
>>
>>14475603
Poor Saji was the only character in 00 that wasn't fucked in the head or a terrible person.

Poor boy needs a hug from a large breasted Christmas Cake oone-san
>>
>>14482797
>That doesn't change the harsh reality either way that all three power blocs had to merge together, wipe away the old conventional rules, and make a singular planetary encompassing world government and the A-Laws being a special unit that was tasked with hunting down CB and their allies while ostensibly being an anti-terrorist force.

And isn't that part of what Aeoila wanted in the first place?
>>
>>14487000
Aeolia wanted a humanity who was forced by whatever means to come together, there's a bunch of raging theories to this day since 00's first season ended of if or if not he intended for CB to be a sacrificial lamb ultimately to achieve that goal.
>>
>>14486690
How was Setsuna autistic? And I mean literal autism, not the retarded catchall term that /v/ is so fond of, when describing anything they dislike.
>>
>>14486530
Yes. Definitely one of my favorite Gundam protagonists.
>>
File: 1461299578559.png (456 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1461299578559.png
456 KB, 804x876
>>14486530
I forgot how autistic he is in S1.
>Setsuna zoning out thinking about gundams
>Lockon desperately trying to get him to respond
>"I am a gundam"
>"What?"
>zooms off into combat ahead of the others
>>
>>14487671
That's more chuunism then autism.
>>
>>14486530
Yes, I love how he turn Gundam into Understanding as opposed War Machine
>>
>>14486530
Yes. Whether you agree with his methods or not, he got shit done instead of just talking (or shouting at the opposite side) about it.
>>
>>14475603
I hate how the cute pure innocent lady gets turned into a traitorous psychotic cunt bitch.
>>
>>14490945
It made the show for me. Although she's voiced by my favorite VA so.
>>
>>14490945
>traitorus
How did Louise betray anyone? She lost her hand, had her entire family massacred on a day that should be by any other standards a joyful one and was mind-fucked and made chemically dependent on drugs by Ribbons.

Louise had a hard life.
>>
>>14486530
He's better than any au protag except maybe domon.
>>
>>14476895

Ah yes that episode of 00 when Patrick gives no fucks about asking Kati out.

they were a cute couple.
>>
File: 3658970970574.jpg (13 KB, 350x306) Image search: [Google]
3658970970574.jpg
13 KB, 350x306
>>14475635
>Why are her boobs so big?

Panderbait, anon. Tittymonsters are not just expected, they're required.
>>
>>14476819
I'm still sad the gigantic boobs started getting toned down after the first few episodes (except Sumeragi, hers got toned down in S2, along with a second downsizing for the rest of the cast).
>>
>>14475603
>My god he's so annoying.

He? The only thing annoying about him is that he puts up with his giant bratty cunt of a gf even so much as enabling her antics.
>>
>>14475793
No he screams her name again and again and completely fails to connect with her at all then Setsuna brainwashes her with a rainbow
of magic pixie plot rays into understanding that because saji's been fapping too her for the 4/5 years since she dumped him she must
love him back.

That's how bad S2's writing is, You think Saji and Louise being normal people is bad in S1? Hooooooooooooo boy you are gonna be
pissed with S2's writing because if the name isn't Setsuna you ain't getting SHIT.
>>
>>14499238
MARIE
>>
>>14499238
Pretty dumb post.
>>
>>14499283
Not as much as yours at least.
>>
>>14499273
Nah with Soma the name screaming had an clear effect. It gave her a sizure and caused her to become a wallflower that was incappable
of thinking without Al's approval until pappa bear dying brought back her character.
>>
>>14499238
>then Setsuna brainwashes her with a rainbow
Confirmed for not watching the show. She was already cracking at that point and wanted to go back with Saji, but Ribbons started fucking with her head making her strangle him against her will. Setsuna only helped cut off his influence so he could no longer control (or kill) her with his quantum brainwaves.
>>
>>14499299
It's sort of understandable though that, having defected to CB, she didn't want to purposely put herself in a situation where she would have to kill her former comrades (like Louise and, more importantly, Sergei). I think she even mentions this during the show, I'm not sure...it's been a while since I've watched 00.
>>
>>14499295
Nah, you are the dummy.
>>
>>14475603
It'll get worse.
>>
>>14499728
He got better, honestly.
>>
>>14482286
>The free licenses or whatever made no sense from a military perspective and only served to permit more contrivance

That was literally the point though. It was done so Ribbon's Innovator agents wouldn't have to follow the orders the military staff who Ribbons let think were really in charge gave out if it suited them. Or in Graham's case so he'd be allowed to persue his vendetta with Setsuna and kill him.

Alaws make much more sense when you realize they're just a smokescreen created by one super genius clone thing with a God complex and access to a supercomputer than basically gives him control of anything in the world, for the purpose of making him the overlord of mankind while tricking them into thinking they still have control and are doing it willingly.

Why are all these flat and ridiculous and or evil people signed up? Because they'd be most effective at going after CB. That's all. Alaws were never legit. Ribbons had total control of them the entire time.
>>
>>14499905
Ribbons was a shitty villain though, all the innervegas were.
>>
>>14499913
Shut up Alejandro.
>>
>>14499913
Your dead, Connor.
>>
You'd think people would look back more fondly on 00 after how terrible age, ibo and greco were
>>
>>14500249
>>14500376
Remember that his tactics in the final battle was to stuff all his clone brothers into shitty Lady Gaga's and have them suicide rush at the hero forces, thus ensuring the good guys and their mook backup got through the battle with minimal casualties where as if they had been piloting actual mobile suits the situation would have been very different..

At least when the Government forces recovered the remaining Gagas they had the good sense to simply mount a pair of beam cannons on it instead.
>>
>>14475710
I smiled when this bitch got killed, felt so good.
>>
File: 4chan ribbons.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4chan ribbons.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>14499913
>>
>>14502640
>greco
Found the retard
>>
彼らから学んだのは馬鹿なスタッフに好き勝手作らすとゴミしか作らないと、日本のスタッフは親切をアダで返すので期待などする方がおかしい、アイデアくださいで無くよこせだからな、しかもプロらしいのが、できなければ作るなよ
>>
>>14502660
The original version was supposed to be a bunch of brainless Innovade clones of Desty and Bring piloting literally manned suicide missiles at the rebel forces and CB before Mizushima had it altered to the Gagas.

It was an idiot ball moment that stands in contrast to everything else Ribbons did with his great manipulation of people and battle tactics before that, but it shows perfectly how much of a God complex Ribbons has that he legitimately thinks people killing themselves in his name would work with his delusions about Innovade supremacy over humans.
>>
>>14503412
That doesn't really work as a handwave, its hard to be superior when you're dead.
>>
>>14503436
>That doesn't really work as a handwave
I don't think you understand anything I said at all here.
>>
>>14503436

But that would never happen because Ribbons could never die you see. He was too superior to those filthy humans to ever die. Because superior beings don't die.

Ribbons was fucking crazy. That's why his plans are so unhinged and do things that make little sense and seem like. Guy had a god complex of the highest caliber.

That's why he made the sucide clones. Because he got off on having minons go out and die for him.
>>
>>14503547
He also got off on letting people think they've killed him while he gloats manically from the shadows in a clone body (see: Regene).
>>
>>14503582

Actually that's another point. Unless another Innvoade took his control of Veda from him, something he didn't think was possible, he was effectively immortal. He could just copy himself to another body again and again.
>>
File: 1380501928868.gif (56 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1380501928868.gif
56 KB, 400x225
>>14503591
>>14503582
>>14503547
>>14503524
>>14503436
>>14503412
Its funny because I believe Regene and Tiera more or less figured the same thing out that Ribbons could do with Veda but they chose to merge their minds with it and disregard their old physical bodies while Ribbons refused to do that so he basically used it like a fucking copy-function in a printer and kept making more backups of himself.

But yeah like the other anons have said, Ribbons has a literal god complex. He believes he's the messiah, because of his age, his superiority over the Innovades and humans alike, thinks he's the Innovator, and the one to rule the planet.

its perfect in character for him to have others jihad themselves to support him. Its even more consistent when you see how visibly annoyed and pissy he gets when Revive and Hillings come to back him up against Setsuna.
>>
>>14502660
>fuckload of suicide bombers
>not effective
They were damn close to beating CB before Setsuna turned his space autism to max.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.