[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Zeta Gundam Dub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 1492x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 1492x1080
So im ready to watch Zeta and having comfortably watched Dubs up til now and enjoying it, ive heard this was absolute trash
is it as bad as ive heard and i should avoid it, or is it internet hyperbole and its just mediocre and fine
its easier to multi task if im watching a dub but ill gladly sacrifice that if im drastically lowering the watching experience with a bad dub
>>
>>14474886
I think you're drastically lowering the watching experience by "multitasking" instead of, you know, watching the fucking anime.
>>
>>14474886
Zeta memes aside,
It's not that bad. Yeah, there's over/underacting some places, but what voiceover job is perfect?
>>
>>14474910
good to know i suppose, is it a faithful translation of the script?
>>14474905
hey man im an adult watching 30 year old anime it helps me out a lot if i can fold laundry or study, or check my mail while watching
>>
>>14474886
Zeta's dub was all over the place for me. Some awful performances, some okay, some I really liked. I prefer the japanese voices, but I don't think it's bad overall.
>>
>>14474886
They should've kept the voices from the 0079 dub. Besides that, dub's okay. +1 for ShinnAmuro.
>>
so im watching it now, and its now bad so far
also im pretty sure i heard Domon's VA as an incidental
too bad that guy retired

also Kamille is a shithead so far
>>
Aside from not bringing across 0079 actors I thought it was totally serviceable.
>>
>>14474886
I think it's solid all over. Some of the performances are actually quite good. I really like Zeta-Char in particular.

Also stop multi-tasking you pleb.
>>
>>14475246
I feel like most of Zeta's plot is caused by people trying to out-stupid each other, with both Earth and the colonies caught in the crossfire.
>>
>>14474886
I love the narrator at the start.

"This souls is certainly not at peace."
>>
>>14474886
>So im ready to watch Zeta and having comfortably watched Dubs up til now and enjoying it, ive heard this was absolute trashis it as bad as ive heard and i should avoid it, or is it internet hyperbole and its just mediocre and fineits easier to multi task if im watching a dub but ill gladly sacrifice that if im drastically lowering the watching experience with a bad dub

Dub or subs won't save Zeta Gundam. It is a very pretty but mediocre series. And by episode 40 you'd wish it were 20 episodes less. There is so much filler and double crosses and double double crosses that by the end of it you just won't care anymore.
Oh remember that the end of Zeta Gundam is just a mid season finale. You need to watch ZZ to get the whole experience.
>>
>>14474886
Dub's fine. I prefer 0079's cast, but it's just a matter of preference.
>>
>/m/ - Plebs
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.