[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be an SRW game that's not a barely passable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 7o5.jpg (229 KB, 800x603) Image search: [Google]
7o5.jpg
229 KB, 800x603
Will there ever be an SRW game that's not a barely passable tactics RPG?

Is an Xtreme VS or Gundam Breaker style game too much to ask for?
>>
There's action shooters, fighting games, card games and even a pinball game under SRW, all made by Banpresto.

They are all kinda mediocre too, except for that pinball one. That one was awesome.
>>
>>14474662
Isn't that essentially the A.C.E. series? Though that focused on Reals a few Supers got through like Shin Getter.
>>
>>14474702
Yes, that's exactly what ACE is. And it was co-developed by From Software.

I'm thinking OP didn't do any research before asking this question.
>>
>>14474662
Nigga you ever played A Portable?

That shit was legitimately challenging.
>>
>>14474662

I wish we got a SRW Musou...
>>
>>14474662

Go play FMW
>>
>>14474662
ACE, Infinite Battle and X-Omega say hi.

Also, all those teamup RPGs with Rider, Ultraman and others.

Still, it'd be nice to see SRW transition to a Dynasty Warriors Gundam style of gameplay so you can mince mooks in real time.

Save the tactical RPGs for mobile, where they'd fit right in and put the entire rest of the market to shame.
>>
>you will never breast fire a cheap Shin Getter-player
>>
>>14475415
I'm still hoping for one. I mean they had Infinite Battle, just reuse shit from that.
>>
I kinda want a game that is like SRW in the scale of it being a bunch of different stuff from mech series in one place, but instead of an SRPG its more an open-world where different groups of mechs/characters are grouped into various factions that interact.

Player would travel around building themselves and possibly their own personal squadron up, and could work for or join up with these factions. Also the potential for doing their own thing in fighting smaller groups of human raiders in their own mechs or rampaging super robot monster enemies that are a threat to the settlements and people of this world (maybe eventually getting a reputation to the point they could expand their squadron into a mobile force all of its own by recruiting series characters into it?)

I guess this is starting to sound like some sort of midpoint between SRW/Gundam SD Generations and Mount & Blade.
>>
File: 647674_234267_front.jpg (81 KB, 500x856) Image search: [Google]
647674_234267_front.jpg
81 KB, 500x856
If we're speaking of /m/ games can anyone tell me more about a MSG game called Gundam: Mokuba no Kiseki?

Apparently it was made by the same people who make the Gihren's Greed games, wonder if /m/ has ever talked about it like they do those ones.
>>
File: image.gif (695 KB, 200x138) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
695 KB, 200x138
>>14475834
>You will never go God Getter on a salty Mazinscrub
>>
>>14475834
>you will never get a PM from that salty Strike Freedom main saying that lag was the only reason he lost
>>
But those games are shit. Especially Breaker.
>>
>>14476870
Fuck you man, Gundam Breaker 3 is great, the customization is loads of fun.
>>
>>14475396
Only because they made up some fucked up accuracy formulas and way overtuned enemies to the point where brick tier mecha with 10k + HP were able to dodge shit as if they were vfs
>>
>>14475894
>Player would travel around building themselves and possibly their own personal squadron up

With characters from other series or with in-game OGs? Because while the first would make a shit ton more cash, I'd love to be able to create my own robots from blueprints and parts found from defeated enemies and creating my own legendary unit from the ground up.
>>
>>14477105
Well this is all a fantasy project to be fair, so if you want a Hybrid Photon/Getter Ray-Engine powered Gundam with its own AT field while your character is piloting it using a Mobile Trace system after receiving Mobile Suit Martial Arts tuition from training under THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST then dream on my brother!

I loved those non-SRW strategy games where you could recruit Doan and his Zaku II, then have him interact with Domon to truly master barehanded MS fighting and unlock his own shining golden Hyper Mode
>>
>>14475415
This. I wonder why on earth /m/ can't make a doujin game like this.
>>
File: pride.jpg (55 KB, 431x500) Image search: [Google]
pride.jpg
55 KB, 431x500
The problem is every time they try to actually put in some genuine level of strategy required, the japs fucking revolt and don't buy the game. This one outright bankrupted Winkysoft because of the negative reaction to its difficulty.
>>
>>14476817
I already have.
>>
>>14477540
It wasn't even that hard, it just was something that you couldn't play like a braindead retard and sometimes required restarts of stages because you didn't know about a later event that can fuck you over.
>>
>>14474662
Wasn't there one based around collecting Mecha and fighting with them? I'll love to have that.
>>
>>14476004
As someone who managed to actually get though this game to completion, allow me to say it's a cool concept with an abysmal presentation and balance.

It uses a helluva lot of assets from the later Gihrens Greed games for character portraits and some of the mecha animations, but outside of that it's a poorly balanced RTS game. If you want to check it out, it sells for peanuts on Ebay, so go for it.

Also just as a note, the cutscenes fluxuate from being rather damned good, to running about 5 FPS and looking half finished.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.