[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Amuro the only Gundam protagonist who actually uses his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: fat ears.png (91 KB, 408x327) Image search: [Google]
fat ears.png
91 KB, 408x327
Why is Amuro the only Gundam protagonist who actually uses his shield other than stock footage of gundam blocking enemy bullet and then ditching the shield number 2013291283
>>
>>14474497
He wasn't fighting against beam weapons 90% of the time.
>>
I'm pretty fucking sure Uso used his shield a ton, he even used it to drill asteroids.
>>
>>14474558
He used his shield to smash one or two of those bikini girls. Something Amuro never did.
>>
Bellri uses his shield pretty often, usually coming back with a mashed up shield or no shield at all.

I prefer when the Gundam is messed up though, 0079 was great for that.
>>
>>14474497
Only wimps use shields
>>
>>14474684
They even have to make Bellri ditched his Perfect backpack shield in the same debut episode because it was too OP
>>
>>14474634
Amuro did use his shield to kill dudes sometimes, but only other machines.
>>
File: o8z3nJt[1].jpg (81 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
o8z3nJt[1].jpg
81 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>14474867
This isn't Dark Souls.
>and even then shields are pretty vital for Fashion Souls
>>
>>14474497
Jesus Yamato catched antiship sword with both beam shields
>>
>>14474558
Yeah, he used it as a blade and to generate a wall of water once by sticking it in the ocean (heating up the water and causing a lot of spray).

>>14474634
That was the beam sabre, not the shield.
>>
>>14474917
This is probably the best use of a shield in all of gundam of not mecha.
Destiny maybe shit,but Christ I won't lie and say I wasn't excited as fuck when Shinn did that.
He was so god-tier in the impulse, then barely used any of that skill in the destiny.
That while battle was pretty innovative,too bad it's stuck in such a bad series though.
>>
>>14474999
You know, I'm fine with the fan-cannon that the Destiny wasn't actually meant for Shinn, or the Legend for Ray. The suit just didn't work for him. At all.
>>
They're useless after the OYW until beam shields become a thing in the UC 120's. Pretty Sure Seabook and Uso both used their beam shields. Hell Uso even had that super beam shield thing. I remember in one of the crossbone mangas they used beam shields for reentry.
>>
>>14474991
>turn the head around backwards
>then the arm

Fuck, that's glorious. Just taking advantage of the ways mobile suits aren't 1:1 giant humans.
>>
>>14475079
You realize there's non-U.C. Gundam shows, right?
>>
File: that was awesome.png (2 MB, 728x3276) Image search: [Google]
that was awesome.png
2 MB, 728x3276
>>
>>14475079
The Zeta uses its shield a handful of times to block beams. I mean you'd think it'd use it more since its shield is almost invincible apparently, taking little to no damage ever, but nah. And even grunt shields have anti-beam coating so they can tank a hit or two from your typical beam rifle.
>>
>>14475079
UC 120, or Unicorn's shield, which has an shield sized i-field.

I also remember Banagher using his shield to block char clone's beam saber.
>>
>>14474497

Because shields are actually pretty useless when you are reminded of the fact that they're almost always made of the same material as the rest of the MS. Unless they have specialized for a role or used as weapon storage like Physalis, shields are more often than not just for show since they're pretty useless as defensive equipment.
>>
>>14474497
0079 is the only Gundam series that tries not to be a super robot anime.

It didn't work out though, so Tomino decided to give up on that and made Zeta and all the series after more traditional.
>>
>>14474999
Kira should have stayed dead
>>
>>14475079
Anti-beam coating, anon. Its a thing that exists.
>>
>>14475159
Better your shield getting torn up than your torso, dumbass.
>>
>>14475159
You mean back in the day we made shields out of something stronger than steel?
>>
>>14475005
Well, Legend was meant for Athrun, originally.
>>
>>14475159
See>>14475835
In situations when the whole suit cant be coated you just use a shield.
Shields also may contain other defense mechanisms that for whatever reason cant be built into the suits itself.
>>
>>14475841
>beam is coming at me
>better block with my shield
>oh shit it doesn't do anything because UC beam weapons exist for the sole purpose of punching straight through any known metal
>oh shit it's continuing straight on through my MS's torso
>oh shit I'm being vaporized
>oh shit dead

hurrrrrrr

>>14476048
You do realize there's a reason soldiers stopped using shields, right?
>>
>>14476060
Now you're just being an idiot, mobile suit shields from the zeta-era onward have an anti beam coating that allows them to take a couple of hits before being burned away.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.