[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which would you rather pilot? Pretend you know nothing about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 20
File: 3866888923_43c859f256_o.jpg (216 KB, 1200x772) Image search: [Google]
3866888923_43c859f256_o.jpg
216 KB, 1200x772
Which would you rather pilot?

Pretend you know nothing about either faction and all you know is that you're taking one of these two mobile suits into battle.
>>
File: 1416114499895.jpg (567 KB, 3040x2142) Image search: [Google]
1416114499895.jpg
567 KB, 3040x2142
Gotta go with Zaku. I know the GM has more power but I don't care.
>>
Borjanon.
>>
>"People" would actually pick Zack over Jim.

Spacenoids go home.
>>
>>14473280
The GM. It looks less villainous, I'd feel more comfortable working for the side that uses those aesthetics.
>>
>>14473280
If I didn't know anything about either, I'd pick the Zaku because it looks like a tough looking green cylon centurion with a lewis gun.
>>
>>14473280
The GM.

Simply because there's two of them
>>
>>14473387
Just realized because of you, but the one in the background is also classic colors.
>>
File: animebooks-com_2272_53353936.jpg (97 KB, 999x730) Image search: [Google]
animebooks-com_2272_53353936.jpg
97 KB, 999x730
What are the Zaku's tubes for again?
>>
The GM. It has a more utilitarian appearance which gives me more confidence in the priorities of its designers and it has more advanced weaponry. Physical projectiles and heat weapons vs Beam weapons is no contest.
>>
>>14473280
Jim there. They grew on me, but Zakus kind of looked silly as fuck at first to me.
>>
>>14473405
Exhaust?
>>
>>14473280
Right.

I'm a sucker for the red shirt stormtrooper look.

Also the cables of the left look like they're both vital and easy to dislodge.
>>
>>14473280
GM, I'm a big pussy and GM looks quite a bit slender and thus should be harder to hit.
>>
>>14473410
To further this the mounting of the shield on the GM vs the Zaku shoulder plate is more versatile and gives me more confidence in the machine and also the lack of obvious external unshielded weakpoints such as the pipes on the Zaku is also a plus.

The GM just all around comes across as a more practical and more advanced machine.
>>
>>14473405
cooling pipes
>>
GM has better armor, better sensors/radar, a better generator, better acceleration, better ground speed, better turn rate, better propulsion, better armament. The Zaku MG has trouble damaging a GM shield while the GM beam gun cuts through a Zaku like a hot knife through butter.

The GM is in every way a better and more advanced suit to the Zaku II and is better off being compared to Zeon's later OYW Mobile Suits in practical terms. It's compared to the Zaku because they're the iconic Zeon suit but in terms of spec the GM takes it by a landslide.

The only advantage of the Zaku was that its pilots typically had considerably more experience that the green feddies who were still new to Mobile Suits.
>>
>>14473405

CO2 feed to the onboard fountain drink machine
>>
The early GMs before resource constraints forced them to cut corners and reduce component/material quality as the fighting went on weren't far off from the spec of the Gundam with the major difference being lacking the learning computer. The first GMs could handle two beam sabers and a spray gun while a Zaku II can't even handle one beam saber.
>>
File: 1293583992871.jpg (374 KB, 3200x2101) Image search: [Google]
1293583992871.jpg
374 KB, 3200x2101
>>14473423
>To further this the mounting of the shield on the GM vs the Zaku shoulder plate is more versatile

You think so? I look at it and see it taking up a hand while the shoulder-mounted one on the Zaku leaves the other hand open for the heat hawk at any time.
Also I think some of it has to do with some of the more recent zeonwank animations show how fast and nimble the Zakus can be while GMs don't get that shown as often and come off appearing a bit more clumsy by comparison
>>
>>14473475
This sounds like a justification for some animation error. Did any GM have two sabers in 0079?
>>
Would this have been a more fair comparison? Or is it now too unfair for Zeon?
>>
File: 41iB5MIJQ3L._SY355_.jpg (18 KB, 290x355) Image search: [Google]
41iB5MIJQ3L._SY355_.jpg
18 KB, 290x355
>>14473496
Forgot pic
>>
>>14473489
Likely an oversight but one that has been canonised. Some GMs were fielded with Beam Rifles during the defense of Jaburo which is again likely an oversight but one that has been canonised as V-Project prototypes/leftovers.
>>
>>14473496
I'd say the performance gap between the GM and the Gelgoog is smaller than the gap between the GM and the Zaku II. But yeah the Gelgoog is a clear winner over the GM.
>>
>>14473280
Do I know that the GM has a beam sabre?
If so, GM. Giant lightsabre cuts through an axe.
Also it has a shield.
>>
>>14473405
I've seen different official sources claim different things. Coolant pipes and power cables seem to be the most common interpretations.
>>
>>14473496
>>14473503
Kinda unfair since the Gelgoog has a real beam rifle (not just a spray gun) and its performance is comparable to the Gundam itself, not just its mass produced copies.

How about a Rick Dom vs GM?
>>
>>14473455
>The GM is in every way a better and more advanced suit to the Zaku II and is better off being compared to Zeon's later OYW Mobile Suits in practical terms

Gelgoog vs GM
>>
>>14473540
Rick Dom is probably one of the better comparisons. Still using a heat weapon is a bit of a niggle though.
>>
>>14473552
It's also faster yet still less maneuverable as a GM.
>>
File: Jegan_vs_Doga.jpg (55 KB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
Jegan_vs_Doga.jpg
55 KB, 800x474
How about this for a fair matchup

RGM-89 Jegan
vs
AMS-119 Geara Doga
>>
>>14473534
>Giant lightsabre cuts through an axe.

Not a heataxe anon.
>>
>>14473624
Heat weapons being able to parry beam weapons is a common oversight in UC shows that contradicts the canon explanations of the technology.
>>
>>14473280
Jim, beam weapons make a huge difference.

>>14473613
Geara doga is probably the better suit overall. I'm tempted to take the Jeagan considering they were efective enough for 30 years worth of service though. Tough choice guess I'll go with doga for the cool beam sword axe.
>>
On one hand
>dirty Zack

On the other
>diaper Jim
>>
>>14473280
I actually don't know anything about either faction anyway

Gotta say that I'd go with the GM. It looks much more heroic, which I feel like would give me +1 plot armor points
>>
>>14473613
That's hard to choose from. I love both the Jegan and the Geara Doga. Based izubuchi.
>>
>>14473280

Left, it just looks cooler and more intimidating.
>>
GM with the Zaku's head and skirt armor.
>>
>>14473280
The GM is the better suit
>>
>>14473280
Zaku is cooler-looking but the GM looks like a simpler and more efficient machine. So I have to pick one of those two to go into battle I'll assume I am a no-name grunt so I'll go with what looks more efficient.

GM win.
>>
>>14473804
Depends on the Zaku, Early-Mid One Year war is definitely worse but the late war Zaku actually are in some cases depending on the variant a match for the GM(But are outclassed somewhat by GM's like the Sniper II and Striker.).
>>
>>14473885
It says MS-06 on that card, That's a vanilla Zaku II. If it had some letters behind that you might be on to something.
>>
>>14473280
Do I know the rod at the top is a beam saber? Like, do I know those are a thing? I like both a lot though the GM is a little more inviting and utilitarian and I like having a big shield for the sake of my own safety. Though if I didn't know it was a beam saber, I might think it was an antennae and go for the Zaku because it has an axe.
>>
>>14473891
It's the MS-06F, actually.
Better than a C, but I'd really rather have the R2P
I'd still pick it over the GM, though. Heat Hawks are just cooler than beam sabers. Also it's a Commander unit, so it's probably better maintained than that GM.
>>
>>14473960
Have fun without a learning computer or beam weapons mate. I hope I'll see you on the opposite side of the battlefield.
>>
>>14473280
I will pick Jim Jim in a heart beat, left the Zaku for the edgy nazi wannabe kids
>>
>>14473280
Is the GM getting a revive?
>>
File: 1420549606955.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1420549606955.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>14473966
>learning computer
Don't think Jims had that, bruv. That was what made the Gundam so important, yeah? It gathered combat data that went into the development of the GMs?
>>
>>14473973
Not that anybody knows of.

On one hand, that'd be neat. However, it'd probably make the original GM's HG go up dramatically in price. And I want to get more GMs for army building.
>>
>>14473979
Amuro's learning computer data. You know what I mean. Good luck.
>>
>>14473979
The other fed MS don't have the Gundams learning computer but do have a similar low level ai that helps them move better based off of the Gundams combat data.
>>
>>14474021
>Good luck.
Bitch, please. I've destroyed the RX-78 from the cockpit of an MS-06 more times than I can count. All you have to do is stay out of direct line-of-sight and call in an artillery strike on it.
>>
>>14474037
Nigga pls, I just hid behind a building and ran up behind the fucker and sliced the fuck outta it's back.
>>
>>14474044
>>14474037
>yeah so guess who destroyed a GM today
>wow big deal, I destroyed 2 last week in the same battle
>both of you suck, I'm technically an ace but the paperwork is still going through, I have like 7 kills and 2 were with the heat hawk
>Oh yeah well I faced the Gundam and lived
>nbd I routed the Gundam with my squad
>yeah well I was fighting perfectly solo with him, trading blow for blow, when suddenly we had to retreat
>dunno why you fags think this is a big deal when I'm the one who destroyed tw white devil, it's probably just beaurocracy keeping the news down
>you guys make it sound like there's only one, I destroyed like 10 Gundams already, they're called the White Devil squad and I've fought them a bunch of times, I'm their rival
>oh yeah well I fought a Gundam that was 200m high

t. zeeks
>>
>>14474080
>he's never played Zeonic Front
>>
>>14474104
I know, but the joke is that this is how it translates into actual canon.
>>
>>14473280
The Zaku because the vanilla GM has the stupidest fucking face.
>>
A GM

its basically Gundam lite
>>
>>14474111
Actually somewhat true considering a few Gundams did get shotdown in the OYW. A few Zeeks probably did think they killed THE White Devil.
>>
>>14473280
Definitely the GM. The Zaku looks really slow and I don't like the look of the weapon or the tubes.
>>
>>14473280
The Zaku, it looks like a stormtrooper. The GM is a cutesy little spessman.

It's stronger, though.
>>
>>14473280
GM. It's got a proper shield.
>>
If I'm going by just the design, I'd rather pick the Zaku, they don't look like mook suits at all and I've got a hard on for asymmetrical design.
>>
File: ms-06s-char.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ms-06s-char.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
Not sure if you guys noticed, but this is a C-type Zaku II, not a normal Zaku II. Notice the commander's antenna on top.

That said, even the C-type is inferior to the GM, but by a lot less than your average Zaku. The rockets and the power output are closer in power.

Add to that the fact that C-type Zii is the exact model that Char Aznable piloted. For that reason alone it's definitely going to be the Zaku for me. Just equip some high caliber weapons (120 mm & 280 mm guns available, both higher than the GM 100 mm gun) and keep the GM out of sabre range. I think I can handle it.
>>
>>14473280
If I knew nothing about the Federation/Zeon, I'd go with the Zaku. The beam spray rifle doesn't LOOK powerful, so if I knew nothing I wouldn't know it's a ridiculous one-shot-one-kill pistol and that the GM also has a far superior close combat weapon and an actually-sensible shield.

The Zaku LOOKS like more of a powerful suit due to its bulk, and it doesn't have an armor diaper like the GM. For what it's worth, the zaku machine gun (particularly the F2/Kai one) looks more imposing and cool.

This is assuming you know nothing about OYW MS due to their factions and that the Zaku is already outdated by the time the Gundam is out and the Dom can't be produced quite fast enough and the GM is already rolling out fast as can be with beam weaponry.
>>
File: Rgm-79-beam_spray_gun.jpg (27 KB, 240x159) Image search: [Google]
Rgm-79-beam_spray_gun.jpg
27 KB, 240x159
>>14474438
You know the standard weapon you normally associate with a Basic GM is the Beam spray gun, not the machine gun right?
>>
>>14473280
GM all day erry day
>>
>>14474356
>they don't look like mook suits at all
This. The GM looks like something that's designed to die by the dozen to make the MOTW look strong.
>>
>>14474438
Caliber size means double-nothing in OYW gundam. For one thing, even though the Zaku has a larger caliber of round, it's notable for its poor penetration of MS armor, so its velocity is probably quite low (and its case length abd charge probably miniscule, considering that they can somehow magically squeeze 100 shots into a zaku machine gun drum).

Judging by a GM's bullpup machine gun, its got a much longer case length and probably much better penetration.

However, in Gundam, the calibers make no goddamn sense. The gun bores are fucktarded huge for the caliber of the shots they're ostensibly shooting. Even Warhammer 40k Imperial gun calibers make vaguely more sense (albeit far less in mechanical design, but that's apples to oranges).
>>
>>14474546
I pretend the Zaku MG is less of a Lewis gun and more analagous to the .22LR-shooting American 180.
>>
>>14473280

If I didn't know anything about them beforehand, I'd go with the GM. It looks all-around higher-tech, what with no exposed piping, the lack of magazine on the gun heavily implies an energy weapon (for this tech level) and it has a much more usable shield. Then there's the fact that its melee weapon is energy-based rather than a hot physical beatstick. The GM comes across as an all-round more advanced suit.
>>
File: unsheathe your katana.jpg (158 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
unsheathe your katana.jpg
158 KB, 1440x810
>>14474575
>Then there's the fact that its melee weapon is energy-based rather than a hot physical beatstick.
But you can't tell that just from looking. All you see is the handle in that pic. As far as you know, it could just be a katana.
>>
File: Byarlant.jpg (550 KB, 1115x1090) Image search: [Google]
Byarlant.jpg
550 KB, 1115x1090
This is the suit I've always wanted to pilot

what would be the zeon equivalent
>>
File: kampfer.jpg (1 MB, 1142x1600) Image search: [Google]
kampfer.jpg
1 MB, 1142x1600
>>14474607
In terms of sheer style? The Kampfer most likely.

In terms of combat prowess? Probably the Sazabi or Sinajew. Or Rozen Zulu.
>>
File: MS14J_ReGelg_-_Front.jpg (303 KB, 1012x1004) Image search: [Google]
MS14J_ReGelg_-_Front.jpg
303 KB, 1012x1004
>>14474607
This stupid thing probably.
>>
>>14474612
I think all those would out class the custom, except maybe the RZ.
probably still would because of the shield.
>>
>>14474633
But it's not like the Zeeks field anything else that could stand with the Kobe Byarlant.
>>
>>14474607
i always liked its design. its like eff made a tallgese
>>
>>14473716
What canon explanations are you talking about?

The material that the heat hawk's blade is made of can handle fairly high temperatures (obviously because the blade itself needs to be heated up), so why is it a problem that this heat resistant blade can handle the heat of a beam sabre?

The heat hawk won't be able to parry the hotter beam sabre forever, but it'll last long enough that it won't just be cut through like the normally not-very-heat-resistant material they use for their regular armor.
>>
>>14474595
That would mean the physical blade would be extremely short, and stabbing into its own backpack.

>>14474438
You do know OP specified that "Pretend you know nothing about either faction". By the way, command Zakus are S types, not C types. C types were older models that were used from before the war up until the first few months of the war.
>>
>>14474666
Nice post of the devil.

Anyways, what, you've never heard of a tanto? And you're dumb for assuming the backpack doesn't have some sort of built in sheathe. Why must I do all your thinking for you?
>>
>>14473405
I heard it is a design relic. Mobile Suits were originally meant to be smaller powered suits, and the cables were pipes for air. Either way still kinda silly to expose such sensitive stuff.
>>
GM because I want to have a chance of piloting a GM variant someday
Like the Command
>>
Has there been any Zaku that was disabled or crippled by a damaged hose?
>>
>>14473280
the zaku, cause fuck jimmies and feds fucking earthnoid scum.
>>
>>14473573
Rick Dom has superior armor though. That doesn't matter when talking about beam weapons but not every GM had a beam spray gun. Plus you also still have to worry about fire from enemy ships.
>>
>>14473716
Heat weapons use minosky particles to heat up the metal, which is why they are able to parry beam sabres. It's not an oversight at all.
>>
>>14474873
Rick Dom is only bulkier, not actually having thicker armor. Taking net weight into account, the Rick Dom is actually lighter than the Zaku II, and there are instances from a few series where Doms and Rick Doms have been taken out with machine guns.
>>
>>14474880
>Heat weapons use minosky particles to heat up the metal, which is why they are able to parry beam sabres. It's not an oversight at all.
I'm pretty sure they're meant to be battery or reactor powered. 00 was the show that had physical blades being buffed by particles.
>>
>>14474885
>and there are instances from a few series where Doms and Rick Doms have been taken out with machine guns.

Thunderbolt showed Guncannons, which have thicker armor than the RX-78, being taken out by a Zaku's 120mm gun. Then in late UC you have mobile suits with such thin armor that they can be taken out by vulcans.
>>
>>14474898
>Then in late UC you have mobile suits with such thin armor that they can be taken out by vulcans.
Like that Geara Doga Hathaway shot down.
>>
File: CCA vulcans.webm (3 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
CCA vulcans.webm
3 MB, 1920x1040
>>14474898
Hmm, Thunderbolt's Guncannon isn't supposed to have luna titanium armor, is it?

>>14474901
Oh yeah, that too. That was almost absurd, vulcan shots were tearing away huge chunks of it. I think Nu Gundam also shot down a Geara Doga with its head vulcans as well, though.
>>
>>14473280

The GM, because the beam saber seems better than an Heat Hawk, and the shield can protect more than just one upper arm.
>>
>>14474838
>OP specifically says to choose without considering factions
>immediately start SIEGING ZEON and ranting sbout Evil Feddies

Are Zeonfags illiterate? Because that would explain a lot.
>>
>>14474913
It's possible they're some sort of explosive rounds too though, they mostly seem to be taking off huge chunks of it's shield mostly.
>>
Zaku, it's just much better looking. The original GM is incredibly bland.
>>
>>14474659
Beam melee weapons can parry each other because their i-fields repel each other. A Heat Hawk does not have an i-field and so will not repel a beam weapon which is not a physical object that can be blocked.

Even if as you say the Heat Hawk can withstand the temperatures of a Beam Saber that just means that the Heat Hawk will not sustain damage as the Beam Saber passes though it, not that it will stop it.
>>
>>14473280
Green looks more heavily armed and armored, but the spikes and hoses usually mean evil and more primitive. The red & white one looks like an under armored, under gunned mook, but also looks mass produced. Probably modular and mass produced.
So what the real question is, is if you want to be stylish, outnumbered and evil or one of the faceless mooks who are in the background of the photo of the victory parade.
>>
>>14475357
>beam weapon which is not a physical object that can be blocked
Beam weapons are physical and can be blocked, they're more akin to plasma than to laser.
>>
>>14475357
If a beam sabre blade can freely pass through physical objects, they sure haven't animated it as such. I can recall several times when a beam sabre struggles to cut through material just like a solid blade, but if it ever simply passes through matter.

In Unicorn episode 4, a Nemo's beam sabre is standing upright after being stuck in a Capule. The Juaggu was also able to block a beam sabre slash with its right arm, the sabre blade did not pass through it but only cut in slightly.

In 08th MS Team episode 4, Sanders stabs the Apsalus and starts cutting from right to left, but encounters resistance and cannot do any more damage.

In 0083 episode 10, there are several examples of beam sabres acting as physical blades. The GP02A stabs the GP01Fb through the shield, the sabre is stuck and stops moving. Kou takes that chance to swing his own sabre from below to cut off the GP02A's left arm, but the sabre stops and doesn't continue upward to hit the GP02A's thrusters. Also, Kou uses the GP01Fb's left foot to deflect a beam sabre stab from Gato. Later, Gato manages to slash down onto the GP01Fb's upper torso, but it also encounters resistance.

As I understand it, a beam sabre's blade is not energy but plasma, which is a form of matter like a gas. It keeps its shape because an I-field holds it in place. If a beam sabre's blade wasn't a physical object that could be blocked, then shields with anti-beam coating wouldn't work on it, and there wouldn't be moments like heat blades parrying beam blades or the ones listed above.

Has there ever been an example of a beam sabre passing through a physical object the way you describe it does?
>>
>>14473280
The right mech in a heart beat, its got a laser gun, and the left has a fucking ww1 machine gun.
>>
>>14475574
But the left has a cool Axe.

Right has a dumb dildo on it's back.
>>
>>14473885
Thats dumb, the Zaku II is inferior to the GM, and if you start bringing in alternate suits then alternate GM's are still superior.
>>
>>14475607
Who cares, you ever see Mars Attacks? If thats just some Axe, and not some sort of laser axe that can deflect Lasers, the red one still walks away after disintegrating the green one.
>>
>>14474679

A knife or tanto is unlikely to have a grip that long. That's a two hand grip, and far more likely to be a sword grip.
>>
>>14473405
The Okawara thread explains it's just there to look cool, iirc
>>
>>14473405
If I'm not mistaken its oxygen. I remember the Gundam ripping the facetubes off a zaku and the pilot yelling about his air supply.
>>
>>14473405
Vapes
>>
>>14473280
If I was looking at this with no knowledge of the mobile suits at all, I'd go with the Zaku.

But with knowledge of the suits, GM.
>>
>>14473613
Jegan.
>>
>>14475623
See this shit you illiterate star wars fag>>14475426

Also, that dildolaser won't work if mr. green stab you first.
>>
>>14473280
GM
I prefer my shit to be fast and streamlined

Zaku still cool tho
>>
>>14476488
Zaku IIs are slower than GMs though lol, good luck dodging a blade guided by Newtype experience
>>
File: pr.png (208 KB, 442x350) Image search: [Google]
pr.png
208 KB, 442x350
GM
Even on first glance I could tell the Zaku and by extension Zeon is the loser brigade
>>
>>14476956
GMs never got Amuro's newtype level close combat data, they only got up to the point before White Base reached Jaburo
>>
>>14476969
He was always a latent Newtype baka
>>
>>14476981
That the data didn't pick up on. Learning computer doesn't record brainwaves, just movement. Crossbone Vanguard and EFF weren't able to produce newtype-like results until they got Amuro's abandoned core fighter from after A Baoa Qu, baka.
>>
>>14475621
Some of the High Mobility Zaku's can field beam rifles with maneuverability allowing them to match vanilla GM's, hence me mentioning that the Sniper II and shit are still better.
>>
>>14477219
The ones you are talking about are also referred to as the 'Gelgoog Prototypes', basically like a halfway point between the two different suit designs.
>>
>>14475426
>animation matching background info asspulls
Wew lad
>>
>>14477347
yeah, it's one of those few times when the animators make sure the animation works with the background explanations

I mean, who at this point doesn't know beam sabres are made of plasma? google never said they're made of anything else

zeta's animation even has beam sabres bend when swung, like if they were made of matter rather than a projection of energy
>>
>>14477364
Nigga, they're particles.
>>
>>14477370
all matter is made up of particles, including plasma

if beam sabre was just energy then it wouldn't consist of particles
>>
>>14474913
>>14475030
as UC goes later and later doesn't armor start getting dropped from mobile suits due to the prevalence of beam weaponry?
>>
>>14474873
Beam spray guns will still murder you, their major issue if being less focused so they are much less accurate over range.
>>
>>14477553
Not by the time of CCA, The Nu gundam in addition to not being for show is also larger in scale than other suits.
>>
File: GM Saber.jpg (590 KB, 2039x2874) Image search: [Google]
GM Saber.jpg
590 KB, 2039x2874
I'd pick a GM even without know how on factions or performance the GM looks more developed and streamlined like something meant for direct combat the Zaku looks cool by also like a Prototype and not like the usual "Lets toss all the cool stuff we can in!" prototype but a "proof of concept" prototype the it can be done but it needs work type
>>
Would a Zaku II F2 or Zaku Kai versus GM be a better comparison?
>>
>>14477657
It probably would be for the kai, it's almost a match for the GM's stats.
>>
>>14477688
Tha Kai supposedly surpasses the vanilla RGM-79, but the GM is still capable of using beam weapons whereas the kai is not.

It doesn't matter. Pilot skill and the right amount of luck is always going to trump over stats anyway.
>>
File: MWO Skill Cam.gif (888 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
MWO Skill Cam.gif
888 KB, 260x173
>>14473280
Between those two? Let's assume we only know the bare minimum of mobile suit design, so pilot placement and thruster location.

The one on the left looks more heavily armored. The shoulderpad is beefy while the opposite shoulder has some kind of shield which could possibly be deployed like a pavise. It appears to have more space for thrusters, but at the disadvantage of being a bigger target and having some of it's wiring on the outside which could easily get torn apart by shrapnel and/or debris. As far as arsenal goes we've got a ballistic rifle and an axe at the hip, the location being important since it's much more easily reached than an over-the-shoulder compartment.

On the right we've got a slimmer, more sleek suit. It looks much less armored in some very critical places (namely the location of the pilot) but to make up for this it's equipped with a shield that can cover a large portion of the mech. Weapons appear to be an energy sidearm and a sword of some kind slung over the back.

Aesthetically I'd choose the one on the left in a heartbeat. For combat purposes though? If I were being sortied I'd probably choose the one on the right simply because I prefer laying down lots of cover fire in video games and airsoft and not having to worry about ammo, or at least not having to worry as much about ammo, is always an advantage.
>>
File: 716169644fde394d1df4dc66243b4a7e.jpg (238 KB, 1500x1061) Image search: [Google]
716169644fde394d1df4dc66243b4a7e.jpg
238 KB, 1500x1061
>>14477688
Yeah if it's the Zaku II Kai, then I'm going with that for sure.
>>
File: tuuuubes.jpg (96 KB, 603x1232) Image search: [Google]
tuuuubes.jpg
96 KB, 603x1232
>>14473405

For TUUUUUUUUBBES
>>
>>14473280
The right looks less bulky, so likely it'd be faster, plus it looks like it has way better close-range options at the cost of a decent projectile weapon
>>
>>14478308
I almost thought you were talking about the GM Kai but then I saw the other posts, this is why people need to use fucking context
>>
>>14478308
The GM Kai is supposed to be able to use beam weapons, but for some reason is only ever depicted as using machine guns or bazookas. Might just be how the writing and direction in 0083 went, as the same thing happened to the Gelgoog Marine. MS beam weapons are maybe sorta rare, but GM Cannon II has beam firing cannons when all of its predecessors had shell firing cannons.

>>14479049
What do you mean?
>>
>>14479056
Zaku II kai.
>>
>>14473280
Left, because right just SCREAMS "red shirt".
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.