[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://otakuusamagazine.com/Anime/N ews1/Japanese-Fans-Rank-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: patlabor.jpg (57 KB, 550x299) Image search: [Google]
patlabor.jpg
57 KB, 550x299
http://otakuusamagazine.com/Anime/News1/Japanese-Fans-Rank-The-20-Best-Police-Anime-7954.aspx
>19. Armored Police Metal Jack
>16. Appleseed
>13. Bomberman B-Daman Bakugaiden V
>12. Inspector Gadget
>11. Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
>10. Samurai Flamenco
>8. Brave Police J-Decker
>5. Ghost in the Shell
>3. Mobile Police Patlabor

Bertty gud. SRW PD when?
>>
>>14471995
>Inspector Gadget

Wut.
>>
>>14471995
Pfft YUA is 1st isn't it

>it's not
>it's 4th
>patlabor beat it

WHAT
THE
FUCK
>>
>>14472056
Do you know what they call "cartoons" in Japan, anon?
>>
>Samurai Flamenco
Fucking based nips. RIP Manglased

More of a hero show than police but Goto made it police enough I guess.
>>
>>14472056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfWzzopmVgw
> As it turns out, the show was partially animated by Japanese studio TMS, and the second season featured art direction from animators like Jiro Kono (Gatchaman, Black Jack) and Akira Furuya (Oishinbo, Atashin’chi).
>>
>>14471995
>J-Decker in the top 10
As it should.
>>
>>14472075
>Kochikame is #1
Evidently, endless things that eventually get stale get the lion's share of the popularity.
>>
>>14472179
>things that eventually get stale = it was always bad
Well internet, I guess we can't like The Simpsons anymore.
>>
>>14472185
Keyword being "eventually", not always, though in fairness didn't Groening try to end it at one point?
>>
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 864x1318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 864x1318
>>14472179
Kochikame has changed a lot over the years though, and the whole subculture commentary angle it's been going at recently may be overdone but it's still better than ACTUAL timelessly stale shit like the Simpsons or Garfield or Dilbert and so on.
>>
>>14475556
Well, that's helpful. Granted, I assume that there's a sliding timeline, but hey those are unavoidable in such things. Also, it still beats what Archie's been subjected to.

That said, that Huckebein joke edit is funny.
>>
>>14471995
>Samurai Flamenco
>J-Decker
Woah, I wasn't expecting that. Surprisingly good taste.
>>
>>14475556
Do you have the one with same comic but with Exias?
>>
File: bdacop.png (374 KB, 571x424) Image search: [Google]
bdacop.png
374 KB, 571x424
>>14471995
>13. Bomberman B-Daman Bakugaiden V
Uh, I guess Time Cops are still Cops.
>>
File: psychopass.jpg (117 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
psychopass.jpg
117 KB, 550x310
>>14471995
>2. Psycho Pass
>>
>>14475939
Props on them acknowledging that part of the franchise though, since Bomberman is mostly dead these days.
>>
Is this true, /m/?

>>>/a/143968166
>>
>>14472056

Go to Japan and ask a random person what their "favorite anime" is. You're likely to get people gushing about Frozen. "Anime" is just short for "animation.
>>
File: osore.png (551 KB, 1022x1094) Image search: [Google]
osore.png
551 KB, 1022x1094
>>14476081
No, they're just jealous we have dibs on the most powerful fictional thing ever
>>
>>14476081
He's not saying anything, and most likely hasn't read the actual article beyond skimming through the rankings. He's the equivalent of people just looking at what website or magazine something was published in as a way to discredit the content, without addressing the content.

The list is about what Japanese fans like, I don't see how it being published in Otaku USA is relevant to the content.

The actual list comes from "ranking site Goo", not Otaku USA. They just published it
>>
>>14476347
>"ranking site Goo"
You mean a random poll made by a user on Goo.
http://www.goo.ne.jp/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.