[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't like how a couple characters' deaths were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1[1].jpg (270 KB, 1200x984) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
270 KB, 1200x984
I didn't like how a couple characters' deaths were just brushed off without any thought.
>>
File: Puru Screams.png (544 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Puru Screams.png
544 KB, 960x720
>>14467684
Like Saegusa?
>>
Welcome to Tomino
Apparently it's realistic or something
>>
>>14467684
DON'T STOP, CARRY ON
>>
File: Coach.jpg (21 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Coach.jpg
21 KB, 225x350
When you spill water, you simply pour more.
>>
>>14467684
ZZ had shitty writing.
>>
>>14468165
Name a Gundam series that doesn't.
>>
>>14468177
G Gundam, G Gundam had the most perfect writing ever seen in a Gundam tv series.

But being serious for a moment tho, no other gundam show has a more satisfying ending, that at least is true
>>
>>14467684
Enjoy CCA then. . .
>>
>>14468416
I already skipped ahead and watched it because I was so brought down by early ZZ, I didn't want to continue with it. I thought I ruined it for myself by not finishing ZZ, since I couldn't understand what was happening, but it turns out that's not the case.

Now that I finally finished it, I've watched everything up to episode 7 of Victory Gundam.
>>
>>14468495
Keep watching Victory, it's fantastic. The cast of characters is more likable than even 0079's, the battles are the best, fantastic music, shading eventually kicks in, has both lighthearted fun parts and dramatic deaths, and glorious mecha designs. The only real problem is the antagonist faction not being handled well but that's basically it.
>>
>>14468539
Really?

I'll be honest with you. I have not cared about Victory Gundam so far.

I actually grew to kinda like ZZ after around a dozen episodes, but I'm not convinced that's going to happen here.
>>
>>14468584
I stopped at episode 4 because the lack of shading on top of the retarded pacing (thanks Bandai) at the start and didn't touch it for a while. Huge mistake on my part, I quickly fell in love. It has the most emotional scene in all of Gundam but it's a huge spoiler so you'll have to watch for yourself.
>>
>>14467719
>waaah why does the protagonist cry every time someone dies, hes a total pussy

>waaaah why doesn't the protagonist cry every time someone dies, this is unrealistic

Just admit it, you will never be satisfied with anything.
>>
>>14468214
idk if you are kidding but i agree. tomino has good ideas, bad execution. his earlier stuff is better because he had more people telling him no while later in his career he just had a bunch of yes men and it shows how his work is unfiltered.
>>
>>14468647
I liked how judau was the only one who mourned Puru, it gave him real heart. I'm guessing op is bitching about hayato and sarasa? they were the only two who died without much fanfare or reason for sarasa's case. nobody cared for mashymere or chara. Bright did show a bit of sadness for emary.
>>
>>14468647
I thought Victory actually dealt with it fairly well.
>>
>>14468674
>mashymere
Haman did, if only a little. She tried her usual bitch sthick - but couldn't keep a straight face and sounded out of it.

>Chara
I'm surprised there weren't any celebrations, she is Katz tier in being likeable.

>Sarasa
HOW did she even die? The closest chunk of concrete fell like 5 feet away from her.
>>
>>14468617
>It has the most emotional scene in all of Gundam
Are you talking about the suicide boming or when the shrike team member died holding the bridge up?
>>
>>14468730
There's also "this was my mother" and the Reinforce Jr.
>>
>>14468743
Oh yeah the reinforce jr was a really nice moment, Hell even when the solider killed himself instead of being captured by uso while cursing the war for forcing children to fight was another one. I really don't know why so many people hate Victory, it's got some great scenes, even if the end gets a bit goofy at some points.
>>
>>14468711
>HOW did she even die? The closest chunk of concrete fell like 5 feet away from her.
How did Emaly even die?

When they found her body, her entire suit was in tact, the face shield was down, and there was no blood.
>>
>>14468711
Marshmallow died in the middle of a fuckmassive fight between about a thousand different people right at the climax of the series, there's not much time nor need to dwell on his death when the series is 98% over.
>>
>>14468617
The lack of shading isn't even on my list of things I dislike about Victory Gundam. Here are something I can't stand.

>the mobile suits are all stupid
>having a top half of a mobile suit transform into a helicopter is stupid when the bottom half is flying behind it all the time using verniers.
>when they unite into a mobile suit, having it suspended in mid-air by the helicopter blade mounted on its arm is stupid
>using that same helicopter blade that keeps it in the air as a shield to block attacks is stupid

>I hate the fucking Victory Gundam
>we already had two series which had mid-air dockings for transformations, we don't need a third
>it even fucking does it far more often than I recall those two series doing it
>I can't even recall an episode where they didn't send the core fighter first only for it to immediately need to transform mid-air
>this isn't even the first series which had a Gundam with this three-part transformation bullshit
>there is nothing unique or interesting about this Gundam

>I don't like any of the characters

>I don't understand the setting, or how things have changed since CCA. Did Char win or what? It specifically says people left the Earth in droves and the planet was healing until this shit started.

>it suffers from Star Wars syndrome in that everyone talks about the early century stuff as if it's some distant past, when it's entirely possible that characters like Mineva Zabi are still alive.
>>
>>14468674
>I liked how judau was the only one who mourned Puru, it gave him real heart.
Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see Judau do shit when Puru died, unlike Leina. All I saw was him make a comment about her death an episode or two later in a neutral tone.
>>
>>14468762
Talkin bout the Reinforce, honorary goes to "this was my mother" but yeah, lots of very moving scenes in Victory. You can't miss out on Victory.
>>
>>14468762
It definitely gets off to a rough start because of Bandai's meddling. The 1 shrike death per episode bit happens and gets tiring quickly. Shakti is also frustrating to watch throughout.
>>
>>14468810
>the mobile suits are all stupid
No worse than some things from Zeta or ZZ. Beam rotors aren't farfetched after i-field barriers, beam flags, and funnel shit that has been going on for years.

>I don't like any of the characters
Well shit, I don't know what to say. The antagonists I can understand but the main cast was great. Kind of like Vifam in a way.

>I don't understand the setting, or how things have changed since CCA. Did Char win or what? It specifically says people left the Earth in droves and the planet was healing until this shit started.
Did you watch F91? The Federation has been eroding for a long time and F91 talks about why. Basically its corruption and beaurocracy have done too much damage and everything is a downward spiral from there.

>it suffers from Star Wars syndrome in that everyone talks about the early century stuff as if it's some distant past, when it's entirely possible that characters like Mineva Zabi are still alive
To be fair, it was a show for kids who didn't really watch the original Gundams. That's why it's so disconnected, the new generation wouldn't care about the early series so Tomino just said fuck it and so the characters know probably as much about Early UC as the intended audience does.
>>
>>14468854
Shakti is great when she's there as Uso's support. Otherwise, with Karlmann screaming in the background and her generally being useless, she's not so fun t watch.
>>
>>14468924
>Let's go back to Kassarelia
>Let me talk to my mother/uncle, they'll stop Zanscare for us
>>
>>14468912
>No worse than some things from Zeta or ZZ.
No, my reaction upon seeing those mobile suits was not anywhere near the reaction from seeing the Victory mobile suits. The worst thing I can say about the suits in Zeta and ZZ is that there were too many of them, and often not properly introduced, for me to remember or distinguish them.

>Did you watch F91?
I did. It was a while back, but I don't remember hearing anything specific about the world other than the local conflict of the movie.
>>
>>14468912
I think the beam rotors are more reasonable than MADE OF MISSILES.
Even if ZSSA A CUTE.
>>
>>14468956
I guess you need to rewarch then. It doesn't go into incredible detail but the decay of the Federation is kind of a big point with how Babylonia gained power.

And your taste in MS is pretty low if you think Shokew isn't the greatest shit.
>>
>>14468840
Same here, I don't remember anybody mourning Puru or Puru2.

>>14468937
I'm on Ep 11 of Victory and Shakti is more annoying than Fa and that's saying something.
>>
>>14468810
Maybe I have shit taste, but I really like the helicopter blade, I'm not a fan of the death wheel everyone rides around in, but those rotary shields are cool as fuck.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.