[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You couldn't protect her smile, /m/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12
File: Carta yukata.jpg (627 KB, 818x1200) Image search: [Google]
Carta yukata.jpg
627 KB, 818x1200
>>
Whatever, she died because of the misfortune of her birth.
>>
>>14466445
Poor foxlady.
>>
I enjoyed that doujin of her.
>>
>Retarded brat dies like a bitch

It was fitting. And the extreme butthurt in the threads from waifu-fags over it was hilarious.
>>
>>14466478

It wasn't just waifufags. They introduced a character grossly out of tone with the show, then made her one of the few likable ones, then killed her in an extraordinarily cruel way. Shit IBO writing.
>>
>>14466486
>out of tone with the show
Actually she fit the tone perfectly being the pinnacle of Gjallarhorn's complacency and how unfit the organization really is to perform its duty.

She's one of the show's better characters due to the simple yet poignant tragedy she faces, having this romantic image of her role like she's a chivalrous knight, only for it to come crashing down hard when reality (and a bunch of trained soldiers fighting for a paycheck) hits her like a freight train.

For a moment, Carta helps to channel a message that Gundam tries but doesn't always get out right: war is hell. It's not a game with rules fought between peers, it's a life or death matter of who routs the enemy first.
>>
>>14466486
>likable
That's subjective as fuck dude
I for one hated her and her pretentious cunty ways
>>
>>14466486
>a likable character dying is bad writing

Kill yourself
>>
File: now that's what I call edgy.png (422 KB, 600x545) Image search: [Google]
now that's what I call edgy.png
422 KB, 600x545
>ITT
>>
>>14466514
>I hate the character because shes a cunt
No shit she's a cunt now how about how she's WRITTEN?
>>
>>14466520
>Carta's arc was well written
HAHAHAHAHA no
>>
>>14466445
Because I couldn't care enough to protect it.
>>
>show sucks, not enough dead kids, why is it only the adults seem to die?
IBO in a nutshell
>>
>>14466541
Honestly she was very shallow. Most of her character consisted of lusting after McGillis and wanting his approval. She was also extremely predictable and was obviously introduced just to have a dramatic death. The only thing well written about her was how they portrayed her sheer incompetence at everything.
>>
Carta ReIssue cyborg when?
>>
File: darth lousie.jpg (115 KB, 752x892) Image search: [Google]
darth lousie.jpg
115 KB, 752x892
>>14466580
>Carta pulling a Lousie.
Pls no.
>>
>>14466598
I was thinking an Ein. I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I wonder when Gali Gali appears if he'll be like Ein or the true Masketta Man of the series.
>>
>>14466445
Can someone explain to me what the fuck was the point of those flashback episodes of Cartas childhood. It felt like they were supposed to make you like/understand her more, but why would the writers want that when she was also supposed to be hateable. If the goal was not to make her more likable, then what was the point of including those episodes? And on top of that, why would they want us to like a character that is going to get brutally murdered by the MC in the next episode. And when she died to Galigalis arms, was I supposed to feel bad for the bad guys? Because I did. And that in turn made me build resentment towards Mika. Was that supposed to happen? I am very confused about the writing in this show.

1/100 graze ritter when?
>>
>>14466674
To pity her.
For the misfortune of her birth.
>>
>>14466445

Its less 'couldn't' and more 'chose not to'.
>>
>>14466445
She's a shit who deserved to die.
>>
>>14466674
I think you are supposed to hate her, Mika, the rest of Tekkadan and McGillis. And Gaelio too, maybe. Oh, and Ein.
>>
>>14466674
It's not about her, it's about Gaelio and McGillis. You're supposed to feel bad for Gaelio and hate McGillis, which then makes Gaelio's possible death at McGillis' hands even more tragic.

With bad guys like Tekkadan as the heroes, the writers have to make Choco-Char into double secret Hitler. Otherwise, he just would never be villainous enough.
>>
File: galigali.png (790 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
galigali.png
790 KB, 1280x738
>>14466674
>galigali
That reminds me
>>
>>14466674
>boiling down plot developments to whether or not the writers want you to like a character or hate them
>surprised when you get confused as shit when your retarded character analysis breaks on something as simple as a tragic villain
You shouldnt have a brain if you aren't going to use it.
>>
File: NothingAtAll.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
NothingAtAll.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>>14466578

That makes her sound kind of like Poe.

Does she cry a lot in addition to doing really impulsive things?
>>
>>14467390
She cries while she's being killed, does that count?
>>
>>14466445
Is this the prototype that created Carta?
>>
>>14467420
Pretty sure the proto-Carta would be Haman in ZZ at the latest. Except, instead of one Mashymre, Carta had a few dozen.
>>
>>14467426
>proto-Carta would be Haman in ZZ
More like a mix of Marshmallow and Chara-Soon.
>>
>>14467420
Carta is a science baby between ZZ Haman and Cima with Marshmallow as the sperm donor.
>>
File: 2mn24g2.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2mn24g2.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>>14467438
Pretty sure Chara Soon in IBO was the buff rape-snake guy. She was already pretty buff to begin with, so if she became a tranny and just hit the gym all day long she'd definitely turn out like him.
>>
>>14466445
Fuck her and her eyebrows.
>>
>>14467507
I'm not sure if I can, but I'm sure as hell gonna try.
>>
File: 1295721008170.jpg (84 KB, 496x1024) Image search: [Google]
1295721008170.jpg
84 KB, 496x1024
>>14466598
I don't understand why Louise became a notTitan darth vader who was used as a personal super soldier attack dog by the big name villains.

Yes the hot girl in the series took her hand and killed her family, but it still felt contrived how she managed to end up in said position later just because she had a plotline in S1.

Of course its stating obvious fact that basically her and her sappy boyfriend were a really forced attempt to show the horrors of conflict and shouldn't have been in cockpits of major machines in S2
>>
Just wait until IBO gets added to SRW and she becomes a secret unit.
>>
>>14467672
I like when you can recruit Haman, and Cima, and Doan.
>>
>>14467661
>but it still felt contrived how she managed to end up in said position later just because she had a plotline in S1.
Not really, no. Louise spends most of her time in S2 as little more than grunt in the A-Laws, she's also never shown to be an incredible pilot by any means. Even when Ribbons might be remote-desktop'ing her. Which is surprising since Ribbons turned out to be a pretty good pilot.

As for her position in the military, that's straight-up simony. Her arc may also possibly an ode to Mariya Oktyabrskaya, a Russian WW2 tank driver who sold all her possessions to buy a T-34, the "fighting girlfriend," and avenge her husband who had died fighting the Nazis. Now, in this case, it's everybody but her love-interest and Louise was disgustingly rich before she inherited an entire clan's worth of valuables, but the parallels are still there. Louise felt acute pains over the losses that transpired because of "Celestial Being" and their crusade; even if the Trinities were a separate thing, nobody really knew that. Naturally, she dedicates her life and her wealth to preserving the peace the followed their "destruction."
>>
>>14466541
she's WRITTEN as an unlikable cunt
>>
>>14467699
She could have done that without being a mobile suit pilot
>>
>>14467720
Unless you're suggesting that she just donate and otherwise stay out of the organization, being a mobile suit pilot is the best way to keep her involved and yet remain pure. I say pure because pilots are involved in the dirty work while still being largely divorced from the reasons WHY they're doing what they're doing. If she, for example, was a lieutenant on the bridge, Louise would either have to be like that one extermination bro or be like Kati and hold immense reservations about what they're doing. Having Louise go full bad-guy, while it could be interesting, was never going to happen. Similarly, you don't want to have her be in Kati's position because she, as a significant A-Laws funder, might be able to influence the way things go down and that doesn't work for the story.

Putting her in the field is the only way to get her hands dirty with the murder and suppression that the A-Laws were doing while still making her redeemable.

Now, all that being said, I think there are places for Louise to have been that aren't in the A-Laws and she still could have been relevant-ish. She, for example, could have seen the A-Laws for what they were and been funding the resistance. Another angle, again working the "she knows the A-Laws are shit" idea, would be to have her pick up where Shinji's sister left off. Who is Celestial Being? Where did the GN-T drives actually come from? Don't the A-Laws look a lot like us becoming Celestial Being? In these kinds of roles they could have displayed her as "hardened" which would play off Shinji being such a cunt quite nicely; before, he was the serious hardworking one and she was the frivolous one with her head in the clouds. Now, he's the one with no connection to what's really going on and nothing to work towards while she has clarity of mind and purpose.

I'm sure there's a lot of other possibilities, but that's what came to my mind.
>>
>>14467390
Mostly just throws tantrums when things don't go her way.
>>
>>
>>14466445
Who gives a shit.
Should have had a rock falls and most people die ending.
>>
IBO couldn't protect anyone's smile, especially not the viewers'.
>>
Did I miss anything when I dropped this show about ten episodes in?
>>
>>14466674
It was supposed to be like that at first but then the writers got told to town down the edginess. I honestly believe they were too lazy or incompetent to decently rewrite the story and thus reused a lot of plot point that was supposed to make you hate Tekadan.

This being said, her death and cukcing of Galli made me laught and like Mika even more. He doesn't act a lot but when he does, he usually do something funny.
>>
>>14468595
You missed a lot of boring useless expositions and the hilarious three final episodes. Nothing much tho I would recomend watching the three last episodes.
>>
>>14468595
A lot of nothing then they get to earth and loads more of nothing happens then they get to the main plot point where they skip to the climax because they ran out of episodes or something.
>>
>>14466445
She was the worst character in the show like most of the villains she was a total joke.

In a show that tied to take itself seriously.
>>
>We couldn't protect her in general
>>
>>14466445
Carta is cute!
>>
>>14471744
No, she's a shitty Haman/Poseidal knock-off.
>>
>>14467420
i cant believe they ruined her by having her marry the nigger
>>
>>14466674
THAT PIC IS LEWD
>>
File: mask keikaku.png (430 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
mask keikaku.png
430 KB, 800x450
This was the best part about IBO
>>
>>14472446
STILL A CUTE
>>
>>14472495
>ruined
A bit too soon to say that, since they haven't even shown her face in Try.
>>
>>14472610
Nothing could ruin CARORINE.
>>
>>14466476
I'm gonna need a link for research purposes.
>>
>>14466553
t. Ein
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.